Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Easy normal to sox guide (beginner)
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 pm 
Forum Legend

Here it is as requested: Not to slag off cruor but the guide on this site is sorta wrong contains 2 bits of info that will send you in the wrong direction, so I'll re-make in my own lazy man's way.

Step .1
Back your media.pk2 up, the easiest way to do this go into your silkroad file and right click on media.pk2 simply click send to > My Documents. This makes a back up of the file.

Step .2
Open your newly made media.pk2 in the My Documents folder with a program such as xvi32 [ This will be the easiest seeing as I will base all my screenshots on this program ].

Step .3
At this step you should have media.pk2 opened in xvi32. If not restart this guide -lol. Anyways this is the important bit please read this carefully as you won't be doing much but it is important.
At the top of your xvi32 there should be a tab called search. Click this then click on ' find '.

Step .4
Now once you found that type exactly what it has in the red boxes. Doing this is essential or you will end up in the wrong place hens finding the wrong values.

Step .5
Right after doing this you will be looking for the item you want to change your weapon into [ SoS / SoM / SoSun ]. Say you are looking for a 3rd degree [ Level 16 ] bow sosun, you would need to be looking for:
ITEM_CH_BOW_03_C_RARE

See how it's bow 03 C Rare ... bow = Weapon type, 03 is the degree, C is SoSun [ B would be SoM, A would be SoS ]. Ok I'll do it with a 7th degree bow which would be ITEM_CH_BOW_07_C_RARE because I want a sosun looking bow. Now type your weapon in and press OK.

After doing this you should see something that looks like this:

Not the information given in the highlighted red box, it says exactly what you just typed in my case it's ITEM_CH_BOW_07_C_RARE yours is whatever you just searched for.

Step .6
Now this is where you will differ, say you have a lvl 52 bow I will change the ITEM_CH_BOW_07_C_RARE into ITEM_CH_BOW_07_A , if I had a 56 bow it would be ITEM_CH_BOW_07_B etc etc.
Just simply change the letter, after that you have to delete the
_RARE as show in the screenshot here under.

Notice how in the screenshot I changed the letter because I have a 52 bow ? If you have a 72 weapon or lvl 60 or 48 don't bother changing it.
Not that I also highlighted
0D and 0A, well seeing as you have just taken away 5 values you have to re-add them with your cursor on the 0A do the following go to edit then click on insert string, it should give you a pop up like this. Fill it out EXACTLY like it is.

After that click ok and it should look similar to this:

Step .7
Now this is where most tutorials get confusing and you will get the wrong string. Read carefully and you wont be making that mistake :)
Scroll to the top of the file so that on the left it says joy max file manager! nothing hard just put your cursor at the start. Then type exactly what it says in the following screenshot. You may ask why on earth are we looking for
item\etc\drop_ch_money_small.bsr ... that's because we need to be at a certain point of the file. Anyways this:

Step .8
Right after doing that you have to search again this time you will be searching backwards. Just do exactly what it says in the screenshot and you will be fine.

Step .9Now we go back to searching for you item. Mine was ITEM_CH_BOW_07_A seeing as we already took off the _RARE and changed the tier of the weapon. Yours could be ITEM_CH_TBLADE_08_C, all depends on what you typed in at step 6. Anyways do as follows:

Please note we are now searching forwards ie. change direction back to down.

Step .10
Right after you did this, you will be doing another search this time for 180000 not 18000 like in cruor's unedited thread. Once again 18000 for help check the screenshot.

Right this is where a lot of people get the wrong answer hens you have not followed other guides properly, if you followed this one it's easy ... regardless of the weapon you are editing you should see this:

Notice in red it's 180000 ? In blue there's 2 zero's [ 0's ] you will be changing the 2nd zero [ 0 ] in the blue box to a 2... so it looks like this :

Step .11
Right Now you have saved the file. The file if you have done exactly what I said so far should be in your My Documents file or whatever it's called depending in your Windows Language. Now drag this to your desktop, and open your sro file. Drag the media.pk2 from your sro file into My documents if it prompts to overwrite re-read what I just said. Right now drag the media.pk2 that is on your desktop into your sro file.

And start sro up :) When you log in you should see if you have your weapon equipped immediate changes.

As always here's a quick outcome. A 52+5 changed into SoSun +5 :P

Hope this HELPS, the files you need to download are clean I spoke to a mod if I could post and they had given me the all clear.

Have fun guys, I will answer any questions you have about this

Last edited by Crumpets on Fri May 04, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]