Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] General skill editing guide (professional)
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:08 pm 

The following is a guide archive for your browsing pleasure.
Should you wish to post comments, suggestions, or simply a thank you, the following link will take you to the main, unlocked, guide:
- Original Guide -

This is a guide on changing the "shots" of the skill.
that means stuff like nukes, arrows, certain skills where stuff goes from point A to point B (you to monster). animation (the way you move when u do skills) are a different story and you'll have to find another guide. (or i'll make one... =))

I ADDED LOTS OF PICTURE 2 MAKE THIS AS NOOB-FRIENDLY AS POSSIBLE. but u still need prioir pk2 experience.

The purpose of this guide is the TEACH you how to change skills, not edit it for you. When i do this guide, i want you to understand everything so later, u can change anything you want!

Btw, back up your media.pk2 incase you mess up.

What you'll need:
PK2 extractor
HexEdit121
WordPad (or notepad, but wordpad is more organized)
Common sense (Please don't delete everything in skilleffect.txt and say it's my fault =))

you can download the hex editor and pk2 extract over HERE
viewtopic.php?t=30876

For this tutorial, we're going to be changing lightning nuke (2nd book) into the ice nuke (1st book)

Okay first off, open up your media.pk2 (usually located in C:\Program Files\Silkroad)
then go to "D Resinfo". Scroll down and find "Skilleffect.txt"
Double click on it and save anywhere.
Now make a copy of it somewhere else, so you have 2 skilleffect.txt. You will need the 2nd one later one when you finish editing your first one, to check how much bytes u need to add to have the exact correct amount or your silkroad wont start (or give the stupid ????????????? error)

So open up your newly created skilleffect.txt (in wordpad, preferably).
Now we're going to find the cold nuke first so we can copy it's "shots" (the ice nuke itself). SO press ctrl+f (find) and put in SKILL_CH_COLD_GIGONGSUL_A. To clarify, CH=Chinese, COLD=Ice tree, Gigongsul=nuke, A=1st book. So now press enter. You'll get something like this:
this is the short entry (I believe it contains animation and whatnot). we'll be skipping this point for now. press enter AGAIN and you'll get something like this:
Under the 1st ice nuke (CH_COLD_GIGONGSUL_A), u can see some stuff with SHOT in it's entry:
This is the actual nuke, the one that we want to copy. So highlight and copy! Note: ONLY COPY SHOTS! we dont want the ready thing, we want the actual fired(or shot) item!:
Now we are going to the skill we wanna change (Lightning nuke book 2).
so we are going to the BEGINNING (just to make this a lil easier on you guys ;)). now Ctrl+f and find SKILL_CH_LIGHTNING_STORM_B (lightning nuke, b= 2...). and press enter:
short entry, once again, skip. Enter again!:
ignore the insanely huge CH_LIGHTNING_STORM_A in that pic, it's my own custom nuke. anyways, the picture doesn't show it, but if you scroll down, you will see "shots!" again underneath the CH_LIGHTNING_STORM_B! So highly ONLY shot entries:
and paste over it =).
Now we have to rename them or the game wont recognize them as entries under the long LIGHTNING_STORM_B entry. ( i think.. heh heh). so rename all SKILL_CH_COLD_GIGONGSUL_A them as SKILL_CH_LIGHTNING_STORM_B. Make sure they're all the same!:
We're not done yet! Now we're going to do the short entry. We're going to the skill we're copying (ice nuke book 1)'s short entry! So go back to the beginning of the text file (ha ha!) and ctrl F and find CH_COLD_GIGONGSUL_A:
and copy it!
now we go back to the beginning of the text file (sorry.. =() and find the skill we're looking to edit! (the short entry):
now we highlight it:
and we paste!
next, we rename it so the game can recognize it as an entry (this is an assumption.. but seem logical):
Now we save it! ctrl+S! Next we right click on the skilleffect.txt and click on Properties (sorry i dont have a picture D=). Remember the back up you made? Right click it and click properties again!. If you compare bytes (it's beside Size), u will notice they're different!
Chances are it is bigger.. or smaller. If it is bigger, do the next step. If it is smaller, skip all the next steps until u see NOW YOUR SKILLEFFECT.TXT IS TOO SMALL
So now, go back to the beginning (=(...) and ctrl+f, put in // and press enter:
in basic programming langugage, // are COMMENT lines, that means the program ignores them COMPLETELY. so it's safe to delete them and make more room for us!
Keep doing this until you judge you have enough below your back up's number of bytes. (so if your unedited skillefect.txt (the back up) size is 399,378, go below it! 399,300 or somewhere around there).

NOW YOUR SKILLEFFECT.TXT IS TOO SMALL, but that's not a bad thing. Open up hexedit121 and open your skilleffect.txt in the hextedit121 and go to the bottom. Now add null byte until the bytes at the lower right corner is the same as your unedited skilleffect.txt:
now save it. The result should be like this (btw, ur almost done!):
since, my unedited file was 399,378 (THIS WILL CHANGE AS THE GAME PROGRESS).
Now we inject it (wolf people know what i'm talking about =D). Open up media.pk2, and skilleffect.txt in hex edit 121. We're going to be looking for the skilleffect.txt in media.pk2 (we extracted it out of media.pk2 in the first place, remember? =)). so in media.pk2 hexedit121, hold ctrl and press F. now go to hexidecimal and find the first couple of bytes in the line.
When it takes you to the results, go back to skilleffect.txt in hexedit121 and select all, and copy it.
now we inject it in media.pk2. go back there, select the beginning of 23:
and paste. if you did it correctly (the byte is the same as unedited one), it should end up at the beginning of "FF FE 31 00 09 00 31" just like in this picture:
btw, that is the characterdata.txt, just a heads-up. now we save it, and we're done! Also, remember, CLOSE hexedit121 or the game wont load properly. have fun guys.

Extras:
How to find the skills:
Go to beginning of skilleffect.txt, ctrl+f, find SKILL_CH_LIGHTNING_STORM_A and go to the short entry. there, is all the skills listed. the skills are listed in level order. So the first skill in the LIGHTNING section would be the imbue (gongata or something), then the next one would be what eve ris next below imbue on the lightning list =).

We're all done, it took me 7+ hours to make this damn thing and i'm tired. and after all this, something to annoy you (i'll tell u later):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcK_xlsxZ0.

scarchon out =D
*cough* there is no cow level *cough*

Last edited by SCArchon on Fri May 25, 2007 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:28 pm 

i :love: you My work:
Edited fire nuke 1st -> 3rd
light nuke 1st -> 2nd ice nuke
Tryed eddite chains imbue and kd but not succes...
But from your way nukes done perfect xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:53 am 
Forum Legend

Hey, this helped me a bit, but i also got some ideas of my own. Here They are :D Image

More Fun coming including The 5th ice and light nukes from the csro and ksro files and the 6th and 7th fire nukes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]