Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [GUIDE] Scanning Files
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:56 am 

Hello, this is my guide. As you may have noticed i have made it as noob friendly as possible :P Hope its good!

100% Credits to Me! :)

First, go to http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Code:
1.) 'Browse', Click this to browse for your file then click 'Open'
2.) Once you have chosen your file you want to scan, click 'Submit' to start the scan.

Now, at the top of the page, there should be a button that says 'Browse'. Click it then look for your file then click 'Open', now click on 'Submit' and it will start uploading the file for it to scan.

Your page should look something like this once it has fully loaded and scanned the file. Please read onto the next step to understand this fully!

Code:
1.) This is the name of the file you have scanned.
2.) Once the scan has finished, it may say 'INFECTED/MALWARE', it means that the file is infected, if so, DO NOT RUN THIS FILE! DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY! If it says OK, then, obviously this file is safe to use.
3.) MD5 scan. Definition: MD5 is an algorithm that is used to verify data integrity through the creation of a 128-bit message digest from data input. Sorry thats all i can tell you about it since its all i know. :o
4.) "-". Some random '-', i think this is just to space the information apart.

This tells you the summary of the scan.

Code:
1.) The virus scanners used in the scanning of the file.
2.) The result of each scan. Eg. If it says "SPR/Ardamax.K.Gen" in red, bold letters, it has found a virus/adware, if so then do what i have writtin at.. Step 4.  '2.)'.

Here, will tell you about the results of each virus scanner used in the scan.

Please Note: The server may be busy so you may need to wait a few minutes before you can upload and scan the file!

That concludes the end of my guide! I hope you read it because i dont want people always complaining about having a virus on thier computer because they downloaded someones file they posted! Well, hope this helped everyone in some way! :)

Last edited by Hellzowner on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]