Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Weed?
I have tried weed 31%  31%  [ 26 ]
I smoke weed regularly 23%  23%  [ 19 ]
I have never smoked weed 46%  46%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: Re: Weed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:57 pm 
Elite Member

yo guys stop being noobs in my thread.

<< :giveup:>>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm 
Common Member

Weed is illegal in most of the U.S. I feel it shouldn't be. The whole reason why weed was made illegal in America was because of racism. I don't have the time to go deep into it but read this if you're interested http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

Besides the fact that its less harmful than alcohol and as addictive as cigarettes (probably less) weed can be beneficial. Im not talking about it from a medical point (although many people with FM flareups have found it can be helpful for easing pain). If we legalize weed think of how much tax money we could get from it. Funding schools, hospitals, roads, etc, etc. Not to mention it would reduce some of the $15 billion the government spends on "The War on Drugs".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:04 pm 
Addicted Member

Hapjap wrote:
Weed is illegal in most of the U.S. I feel it shouldn't be. The whole reason why weed was made illegal in America was because of racism. I don't have the time to go deep into it but read this if you're interested http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

Besides the fact that its less harmful than alcohol and as addictive as cigarettes (probably less) weed can be beneficial. Im not talking about it from a medical point (although many people with FM flareups have found it can be helpful for easing pain). If we legalize weed think of how much tax money we could get from it. Funding schools, hospitals, roads, etc, etc. Not to mention it would reduce some of the $15 billion the government spends on "The War on Drugs".

Bold: Not even close.

Everything else, perhaps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:19 pm 
Frequent Member

Never tried smoking anything before, so I can't really comment on the experience. I don't see the appeal either so I'll probably never smoke anything in the future. I still think drug laws are ridiculous and draconian though.

I think it'd be more interesting to hear what views your parents have on drugs though. Are they knowledgeable on the subject at all? I ask because my own parents still have a very negative outlook on drugs, mostly because we've had about two family members in Mexico die after using a variety of drugs (marijuana included) for many years. From what I can tell, the deaths were due to shooting up with dirty needles, but most of the family has already concluded that marijuana was the main cause since they've (the deceased) been smoking it for decades. It's a little aggravating, but somewhat understandable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm 
Addicted Member

My parents view it as neutral I guess. Like me (so far) they tried it in college, used it as a social drug occasionally (like alcohol), then moved on and never messed with it again. Most of my family has this same view. My parents and several aunts and uncles don't think it should be illegal. we've never discussed it in depth though.

That said, nobody in my family smokes weed. (I have occasionally, with friends.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:22 am 
Ex-Staff

I don't smoke weed. I've tried it once and didn't really like it. I smoke cigarettes from time to time with my friends (not regularly, by any means), and I also drink sometimes. I drink dry scotch, white wine and strong beer. But that's about it, as far as 'drugs' are concerned.

Back to the topic. IMO, weed should be legalized. It's easier for everybody that way, and I can't see what kind of harm it could do. Heavy drugs shouldn't be legal, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 am 
Elite Member

Stress wrote:
Back to the topic. IMO, weed should be legalized. It's easier for everybody that way, and I can't see what kind of harm it could do. Heavy drugs shouldn't be legal, though.

I agree with part of that.

It should be legal with the same restrictions as alcohol. As for harder drugs, I've been reading up on studies where people are using MDMA to treat PTSD as well a using other drugs as different kinds of relief.

http://www.oddee.com/item_97276.aspx

Interesting article.

I'm not saying I support or condone the recreational use of these drugs, other than weed, but thinking of them as something other than party favors really made me feel differently towards them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 am 

If we was legalized do you think more people would do it? As a result would more people do thinks like driving while high?

I wonder if alcohol was illegal, would more or less people drive intoxicated. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the legalization of weed but it makes me wonder how many more people would do stupid things like above, or maybe it would have a reverse effect and lose the 'cool' factor resulting in less people using it...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 am 
Loyal Member

Azilius wrote:
If we was legalized do you think more people would do it? As a result would more people do thinks like driving while high?

I wonder if alcohol was illegal, would more or less people drive intoxicated. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the legalization of weed but it makes me wonder how many more people would do stupid things like above, or maybe it would have a reverse effect and lose the 'cool' factor resulting in less people using it...

According an Australian drug center, 29% of people who don't smoke weed cite the illegality of it.

a 2001 Australian study of 18-29 year olds by the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research which shows that prohibition does indeed deter illicit drug use. 29% of those who had never used cannabis cite the illegality of the substance as their reason for never using the drug

Drug Free Australia,Drug Free Australia’s Arguments Against Drug Legalization, 2009. http://www.drugfree.org.au/fileadmin/Me ... bition.pdf.

ZSZC Water - Pure Int S/S 3x
ZSZC Fire - Pure Str Bow 4x
ZSZC Fire - Pure Int Spear 4x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:08 am 
Ex-Staff

.curve wrote:

Interesting article, indeed. Lots of my classmates do shrooms and cocaine. I do not regret not having tried the substances, nor do I feel any curiosity to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:14 am 
Loyal Member

Yeah for hard drugs, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.
:palm:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:22 am 
Elite Member

Stress wrote:
.curve wrote:

Interesting article, indeed. Lots of my classmates do shrooms and cocaine. I do not regret not having tried the substances, nor do I feel any curiosity to do so.

I mean...I've dabbled. Some things I would(and do) use more than once. Others not so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 pm 
Common Member

Azilius wrote:

Driving while high is nowhere near as dangerous as driving while drunk.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:41 pm 

Hapjap wrote:
Azilius wrote:

Is there a point to that statement or...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Azilius wrote:
Hapjap wrote:
Azilius wrote:

Driving high is still Farking retarded. One of the earlier lessons learned in teenagehood.

But, I have to say that one of the major benefits of smoking over drinking is that you can wait a couple hours and drive home. With drinking, you can't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:24 am 

I've never smoked weed because I have a theory.. or a pattern I've noticed amongst my school mates. The kids I know that smoke weed always tell me "you can't get addicted" or "It's good for relaxing and having a good time." Then as time goes on, they don't get addicted.. they become codependent, and start using it to handle stress, upsetting times, to let loose.. etc. Soon enough they need it to cope, and it consumes nearly all aspects of their lives, all they talk about is getting high or where they want to hotbox. This is just my personal experience, I know there are some marijuana users that are intelligent and aren't like this in any way.

Character;
ChucKxNorris
106FF 9:1 Hybrid
Int Light Spear

Server;
Alexander!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 am 

heroo wrote:
is weed in canada legal or something or do most canadian youngsters smoke it?

I don't really know how to explain the laws for weed in Canada, or at least my city.. Basically, at my school, a good 70-100 kids smoke pot at a near by Church (yeah, a church.. disrespectful as hell) and the school administrators/faculty do know, they just don't care. So it seems its like, police have given up?

Character;
ChucKxNorris
106FF 9:1 Hybrid
Int Light Spear

Server;
Alexander!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ryan1166 wrote:
heroo wrote:
is weed in canada legal or something or do most canadian youngsters smoke it?

I don't really know how to explain the laws for weed in Canada, or at least my city.. Basically, at my school, a good 70-100 kids smoke pot at a near by Church (yeah, a church.. disrespectful as hell) and the school administrators/faculty do know, they just don't care. So it seems its like, police have given up?

No,

It's because school administration and police smoked it before and know it's not a big deal. The kids will grow up and it keeps them from getting into trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 am 
Forum Legend

What dom said. It's because they've done it themselves. It's like how in Quebec you used to be able to smoke cigarettes by your school. Teachers didn't give a **** because they did it themselves.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 am 
Loyal Member

ryan1166 wrote:
I've never smoked weed because I have a theory.. or a pattern I've noticed amongst my school mates. The kids I know that smoke weed always tell me "you can't get addicted" or "It's good for relaxing and having a good time." Then as time goes on, they don't get addicted.. they become codependent, and start using it to handle stress, upsetting times, to let loose.. etc. Soon enough they need it to cope, and it consumes nearly all aspects of their lives, all they talk about is getting high or where they want to hotbox. This is just my personal experience, I know there are some marijuana users that are intelligent and aren't like this in any way.

Same for me and to your next post, same to my school, except kids get arrested plenty for dealing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:56 am 
Common Member

Azilius wrote:
Hapjap wrote:
Azilius wrote:

nah i just say random stuff

dom wrote:
It's because school administration and police smoked it before and know it's not a big deal. The kids will grow up and it keeps them from getting into trouble.

wow, wish it was like that here. people act like its Farking poison made by satan himself here.

Last edited by Hapjap on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 am 
Loyal Member

I go to a private school and kids here just smoke so much weed it isnt even funny people are just so lame at my school its like they have nothing better than to just smoke weed. Like if we have a break they run out and smoke...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 am 
Forum Legend

*BlackFox wrote:
vietxboy911 wrote:
Watse.. I dont need marijuana to feel good.
Yeah, neither do I.. lulz

Nobody needs it to feel good. Just like nobody needs alcohol at parties to have a good time. I have to say though, it does make things interesting if you're getting bored around the house.

And those people who said it's a gateway drug, oh lol.

When you get out of high school you'll realize that pot will be one of the many things that nobody pays any mind to anymore. Adults tend to not give a shit about what other people do with their spare time.