Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sammy Yatim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:13 pm 
Dom's Slut

Pretty big story atm in Ontario at least.

Kid from Toronto (Sammy, 18) is on a street rail car around midnight, brandishes a knife and threatens/tells riders to get off the car.
The bus is empty, a lot of policemen come and order him to drop the knife more than enough times.
Kid steps forward, cop shoots him like 6 times, pauses, shoots another 3 times, and another cop gets on the car and tases his body (lol?), but that's beside the point.

People are in outrage, saying the cop was out of line to shoot the kid, saying the cop should've tased him instead, etc. etc.

A lot of Sammy's friends and family say he was a shy and quiet kid and wouldn't hurt a butterfly, etc. However, "He's very shy but his last few weeks he wanted to discover his own world and choose a different group of friends." - Priest on Sammy. His father also mentioned that Sammy started wearing his pants lower than he could stomach.

More of the story can obviously be found on Google, and there's even a video of the whole incident from when the police intervened.

What do you guys think?
I'm all for containing the situation using non-lethal force, but when a cop is pointing a gun at you and yelling at you to drop your damn knife, you better do it. The kid knew what he was doing, and should've fully understood the situation he was in. Did he deserve to die? I think of it as Darwinism.

The investigation is still on going, nobody knows why he did what he did.

Last edited by CrimsonNuker on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sammy Yatim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:22 pm 
Forum God

Natural selection, fuck yeah!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:28 pm 
Frequent Member

The priest probably touched his bootyhole and he decided to act out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
Dom's Slut

Sounds like a case of a good kid hanging with the wrong crowd.

It could actually be likely that the knife he brandished was a cultural knife (I can't remember if an article said he was from Yemen or not), but it wouldn't explain why he told people to get off the bus...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:48 pm 
Forum God

Wait, isn't your name Sammy?

*suspicious eyes*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:50 pm 
Elite Member

Zombie, couldn't get the head shot so had to keep trying. Do a bit of research before any outrage.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 pm 
Forum Legend

A little too trigger happy Cops... Once again, eh?
Seriously, they should have disarmed and arrested him... after the first shot was fired.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:24 pm 
Elite Member

I agree by all means shoot the retard holding the knife that comes toward you. But did it really need more then 1 shot? Or the first 3? What happened during that pause then the other 6 shots? lol then tazer, was this kid a terminator or something?

Obviously they had time for all these cops to gather, why didn't they pepper spray or taze to begin with, or even get the shotgun with beanbags?

Definitely overkill i'd say.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:15 pm 
Elite Member

Uhh, why do we get so many similar stories lately?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:51 pm 
Frequent Member

If the cops tell you to do something You Farking do it if you are wielding any form of weapon and the cops order you several times to drop it and you don't. Imo the cops should just shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:25 am 
Dom's Slut

DarkJackal wrote:
I agree by all means shoot the retard holding the knife that comes toward you. But did it really need more then 1 shot? Or the first 3? What happened during that pause then the other 6 shots? lol then tazer, was this kid a terminator or something?

Obviously they had time for all these cops to gather, why didn't they pepper spray or taze to begin with, or even get the shotgun with beanbags?

Exactly this. The situation could've easily been contained using non-lethal force, but the kid was stupid and the cops...well they were stupid as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:02 am 

How can a group of cops not take on a teenager. Like could you not just tase him. He'd go down like a sack of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 am 

These cops are blood thirsty killers...shooting him nine times... Don't get me wrong I'd probably shoot him too but only after I've exhausted all other options...such as tear gas, taser, negotiation, etc...and I won't be shooting him nine times.... It's not like he was endangering anyone else while being surrounded and trapped alone inside a bus... He didn't even lunged at anyone to justify 9 shots...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:50 am 
Site Contributor

BuDo wrote:
These cops are blood thirsty killers...

I'd argue that they're cowards. Brown kid on a bus brandishing a knife. There is a good chance that they were afraid he had a bomb or some other ignorant shit. Once he took a step toward them and they panicked and took him down.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 am 

I wonder how they would have handled this situation if one of the 15-20 cops at the scene recognize the kid as their nephew or best friend's son or the son of a fellow cop... Imagine how they would have deal with this when they all showed up and one of them knows the kid.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:34 am 
Dom's Slut

BuDo wrote:
I wonder how they would have handled this situation if one of the 15-20 cops at the scene recognize the kid as their nephew or best friend's son or the son of a fellow cop... Imagine how they would have deal with this when they all showed up and one of them knows the kid.....

It wouldn't have ended as bad obviously. There no denying that no matter who you are, family will make a difference. I tried to empathize with people who are saying things like "what if he was your brother/son/etc", and I'd obviously feel differently, but the reality is, he isn't family or someone I know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:42 am 
Elite Member

If I was in law enforcement my option would've been the stun gun vs a knife but if I had to act quickly however he gets the bullet. There is no reason to endanger oneself against the irrational.

Also if you're debating if he needed to shoot 9 times, you yeah.....

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:36 am 
Valued Member

DarkJackal wrote:

I agree.
It's a kid with a knife vs two dozen cops. Just another bunch of trigger happy "cops" as usual.
If the shooter wasn't a cop he would be in some serious shit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:53 am 
Forum Legend

Tasdik wrote:

*suspicious eyes*

That's me, bitch :x . And Samy*

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:46 pm 
Frequent Member

You guys are feeling sympathetic for the wrong side here. These poor cops rarely have a chance to fire their weapons and when they do you guys want them to use their tazers?

For shame.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 pm 
Forum Legend

There's nothing shameful about it.
He had a knife in his hand, Yes.. but he did not harm anyone.
Btw: The taser would've made him drop the knife... wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:01 pm 
Forum God

Skyve wrote:
Tasdik wrote:

*suspicious eyes*

That's me, bitch :x . And Samy*

Bahaha. QUIT HARASSING THE POPO!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:03 pm 
Valued Member

*BlackFox wrote:
Btw: The taser would've made him drop the knife... wouldn't it?

The taser would have turned the kid into a vegetable for 5 minutes, he and the knife would have dropped like a sack of potatoes. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 am 
Advanced Member

All I have to say, we suck at helping people with mental illnesses in this country. And by people, I mean cops as well.

Not to confuse mental illness with stupidity, cause we also have just an abundance of stupid people too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:11 am 

CrimsonNuker wrote:
BuDo wrote:

It wouldn't have ended as bad obviously. There no denying that no matter who you are, family will make a difference. I tried to empathize with people who are saying things like "what if he was your brother/son/etc", and I'd obviously feel differently, but the reality is, he isn't family or someone I know.

Why not exercise the same patience and empathy to save another life as you would for someone you know?... I get what you're saying about family being closer and what not but you'd want some stranger to exercise restraint if it was your blood relative being stupid or succumb to some sorta mental lapse in judgement...wouldn't you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 am 
Forum God

Sounds like a typical American news story

woutR wrote:
Squirt, you're a genius when it comes to raping women.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:11 am 
Forum Legend

It was in Toronto bruhs

I dont get it, he was surrounded by cops and was only armed with a knife, what was the point of shooting him down exactly? Why didn't they just shoot his legs put him down w/o killing him?

I'd agree with Blindfire, they probably assumed he had a bomb strapped to him since he looked Middle Eastern :palm:

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:18 am 
Dom's Slut

BuDo wrote:
CrimsonNuker wrote:
BuDo wrote:

Why not exercise the same patience and empathy to save another life as you would for someone you know?... I get what you're saying about family being closer and what not but you'd want some stranger to exercise restraint if it was your blood relative being stupid or succumb to some sorta mental lapse in judgement...wouldn't you?

I would, obviously. I just hate it when people argue back against a logical analysis with something like "What if they were your family". I don't think emotional appeal should change someone's opinion unless you're directly related to them.

This is the first time I've read any assumption of him being shot because they think he might've had a bomb on him :palm:
Shooting him because they think he has a bomb strapped to him is illogical in this situation. If he does have a bomb on him and you shoot him, you're shooting a bomb. These people shot the kid 9 times LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:53 pm 
Site Contributor

CrimsonNuker wrote:
This is the first time I've read any assumption of him being shot because they think he might've had a bomb on him :palm:
Shooting him because they think he has a bomb strapped to him is illogical in this situation. If he does have a bomb on him and you shoot him, you're shooting a bomb. These people shot the kid 9 times LOL.

Blindfire wrote:
There is a good chance that they were afraid he had a bomb or some other ignorant shit.

Bold was the point I was making. In the fall when the investigation report of this is released the officers' justification is going to be farcical.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:33 am 

CrimsonNuker wrote:
BuDo wrote:

I would, obviously. I just hate it when people argue back against a logical analysis with something like "What if they were your family". I don't think emotional appeal should change someone's opinion unless you're directly related to them.

A "logical" response would be emotional appeal should not alter opinion in all cases family or no family...seeing as any opinion based on emotions can easily threaten solid reasoning...Hence forth why your view in this post to only rest on emotional opinion in the wake of some family relations is not logical at all...At least with my emotionally portrayed response there is integrity as I am asking for a show of empathy whether there is family relations or not...