Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: My music
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:29 pm 
Elite Member

Latest track:

http://soundcloud.com/omier44/diffuse

Previous tracks:
Spoiler!

Image SoundCloud
Image YouTube

Last edited by omier on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:18 am, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My second track
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:34 pm 

Very nice...I can see it being used as a theme song at the end of an anime...That's one of the feelings I get from it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:46 pm 
Forum Legend

well, It's not bad, really!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:48 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You need to add some sort of transition to the drum parts. Maybe a fadeout will do although I'd recommend trying something a little more elaborate.

There's also a little bit of a harmonics inconsistency.
Some of the tunes interfere with each other and end up sounding not quite right. like around 2:14.

Also the *thump* drum sounds a little bit cheap. I think you need to find a better sample for that.

Overal it's pretty good though though, maybe a little too long but still quite good.
I've got FL on my pc but I never really managed to do anything with it. Program confuses me @_@. I need something that feels a little more like it's built into windows... I hate programs with all these kinds of custom cursors, interfaces and skins >.<

edit: When/where was the first one btw?

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:45 pm 
Elite Member

poehalcho wrote:
You need to add some sort of transition to the drum parts. Maybe a fadeout will do although I'd recommend trying something a little more elaborate.

There's also a little bit of a harmonics inconsistency.
Some of the tunes interfere with each other and end up sounding not quite right. like around 2:14.

Also the *thump* drum sounds a little bit cheap. I think you need to find a better sample for that.

Overal it's pretty good though though, maybe a little too long but still quite good.
I've got FL on my pc but I never really managed to do anything with it. Program confuses me @_@. I need something that feels a little more like it's built into windows... I hate programs with all these kinds of custom cursors, interfaces and skins >.<

edit: When/where was the first one btw?

I thought about adding a build up or a drum transition some sort but I didn't come up with anything so I left it.
Didn't even notice the interfering tunes before, but now I do. :D
I kinda wanted these vkinda samples, I felt they fit the track better than some harder kicks and snares would. I added some compression, but they do feel a bit generic though. I have a shitload of percussion samples, kicks, snares and cymbals, just need to go through all of them. :)
It did come out a bit too long, FL Studio only gives the length in seconds and I am too lazy to convert them to minutes. I did make the end quite a bit shorter, but probably should have made the intro shorter as well.
I don't know if I want to improve this track or make a new and better one, but for a new one I gotta get some inspiration and that doesn't come easy. Usually I get my ideas when I'm in the shower or going to sleep, but the next day I don't remember anything and that sucks. :) The first track had some issues with the beat after rendering and listening outside FL Studio and I never cared to fix it. I guess I didn't want to waste too much time on a single track. The first track was made somewhere in 2010.
You just gotta get into it. :) Once you understand the layout and how the different parts of the program work, you can get to the real stuff. I figured some stuff out by experimenting and watched tutorials. I don't have much education in music, mostly I experiment and do stuff by ear. :)

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:45 pm 
Advanced Member

tis all right.
I agree with poe, the drums sound empty and kinda cheap. If you can, make your own samples.
I think this would have been better if you cut this song to about 2-3 minutes and then add to it and rearrange it cuz this sounds more like a long build-up, and then you have the fast paced drums kicking in at somewhat random times.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:11 pm 
Forum Legend

Sanktum wrote:
Usually I get my ideas when I'm in the shower or going to sleep, but the next day I don't remember anything and that sucks.
Write down your ideas!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:19 pm 
Elite Member

*BlackFox wrote:
Sanktum wrote:
Usually I get my ideas when I'm in the shower or going to sleep, but the next day I don't remember anything and that sucks.
Write down your ideas!

I don't know how. I need to put them into FL Studio straight away because I can only get the right notes and samples by ear. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:26 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sanktum wrote:
*BlackFox wrote:
Sanktum wrote:
Write down your ideas!

I don't know how. I need to put them into FL Studio straight away because I can only get the right notes and samples by ear. :D

just record them with your mic. get some simple software and sing/hum it and keep the file around to remember the general idea.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 pm 
Elite Member

So I used some of my time and tweaked the track.

What do you think?

Last edited by omier on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 pm 
Forum Legend

would also be a good beat for hiphop songs imo

I realized today that chris brown was just 16 when he got his first album.. im 16.. i mean he is shit but it really made me want to get started on this shit >.<

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:23 pm 
Elite Member

I don't do hiphop though. :) And I'm 17 atm. I've seen plenty of good electronic music producers of the same age. :D

Post subject: Re: My music
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 pm 
Elite Member

The third track is finished! I didn't really think I could make another one so soon after the previous track. :) I got some ideas at school and tried to write them down as best I could.

So what do you think? :)

Also thought about making a dubstep version of this. I kinda couldn't decide in the beginning, but went with dnb, dubstep will be a bit harder since I do not know exactly how to arrange it, what kinda transitions to use and such things. I might do a dubstep version later, or I might make a new dubstep track altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm 
Elite Member

Chaos from 0:55 onward >.<

I think to begin with you need to work a little bit on the finer details of your songs.
Since you're not doing a daftpunk song you can't really get away with just ctrl+c, ctrl+v'ing a bunch of tones for 30 seconds.

Make like two or 3 cycles that differ just a little bit and play them one after another, it definitely ought to spice the song up a bit. Like here at 4:23
Spoiler!

I like to reference this guy: she
Spoiler!

Mostly just notice how LITTLE repetitiveness there is. There is almost always some sound present that makes the whole sound like it's not repeating itself for even a single second.

Multiple sound levels mask each other to create tones that don't sound repetitive. You'll have to find the right ones for your song so that they aid each other instead of interfere.
I think a good bassline might help you with that btw. basslines can control the overal tonehight of your song so they're great at removing repetitiveness if used correctly... I think :D

yeah... basslines... that ought to do the trick :D
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am 
Elite Member

Yea, I don't know why, but I kinda made these variations on a bigger scale. But something should change every 8 bars or so, at least now i know. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 am 
Elite Member

The fourth track. Chillstep this time. Didn't use the classic dubstep arrangement though. I guess didn't really use all of your advice for this this track Poe. Didn't really make a kickass bassline(I think a simpler bassline fits the mood of this track better). But I added a lot of little FX and made loads of variations(40 patterns lol, last time it was a bit over 20) to keep it interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am 
Elite Member

Hohoho now that's a big improvement. Bravo. I'm having a lot more trouble finding the mistakes here. in fact I can only think of a 3 things.

- The hi-hat drum is a little awkward
- Transisions although better still not quite right (2:33 ?)
- The piano tune just isn't catchy enough. It gets repeated too much without any variation. Try to do it like pjanoo.

Every verse has a different filter over the tune, try doing it like that.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:43 am 
Forum Legend

Sanktum wrote:
The fourth track. Chillstep this time. Didn't use the classic dubstep arrangement though
Pretty good, even though I don't really like dubstep.. xD
Well, Just practice more.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:11 pm 
Elite Member

Thanks guys. :)
I might not even make DnB that much, I enjoyed making the 4th track more. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm 
Elite Member

Fuck. Just as I wanted to continue making the next track after a while, Sylenth1 farts into my face and starts to say "thank you for trying this demo" every 20 seconds. Dammit, it's not even a demo ffs. Yesterday I fcked around and just got a nice sound with Sylenth and today, when I open the project, it gives two of these errors:

That error happened with the 3rd track project as well, only that one was probably because of Adventus and that one doesn't talk stupid shit. I don't know if Sylenth somehow updated itself for no apparent reason or what happened, but it has done it to other plugins as well, even if I remove Sylenth from the channels and play other plugins, I still get that shit. Should probably try reinstalling FL Studio, but that would take a really long time since I have loads of plugins and samples to install and import.

Meanwhile, I share with you this nice remix.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm 
Forum Legend

I rofl'ed so damn hard at this remix ^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm 
Elite Member

Fixed the problem. New track. Spent so much time trying to make it sound better, it sounds a lot different as an audio file than it does in FL Studio. Damn, I suck at mastering. :) The projects are getting big - 50 patterns, 48 channels, 26 playlist tracks, 25 mixer tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm 
Elite Member

ok. there's definitely some improvement here. I notice you've finally managed to get the hang of the beats and I like the occasional effects you introduce. It's a clear step forward.

Now the bad part: you're trying too hard with the piano again. there's too many notes, it's both monotonic and unpredictable at the same time and I'm pretty sure at least one of the notes is off tune >.<. You need to try something simpler.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:16 pm 
Elite Member

I made 28 different drumloops lol. :D I'm not really happy with the piano either. I don't see anything off tune though, everything seems to be right on G major. But next time I'll try not to use the piano at all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Excellent Jobs, your track is just amazing and i must say you must carry on. I hope you will keep updating us in future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:16 pm 
Elite Member

Well, that's a nice first post lol. :D Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:47 pm 
Forum Legend

^ ROFL indeed ;D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 pm 
Elite Member

So I entered Rameses B's remix competition. My first remix. Also this time I actually did master the track. :) Towards the end I did have to rush a little bit and try out every idea I got, but I think it turned out fine. A more garage feel this time.

http://soundcloud.com/sanktum/rameses-b ... -you-remix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 am 
Frequent Member

Me gusta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:54 pm 
Elite Member

Glad you like it. :)