Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just a Quick Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 pm 

Thought I'd just let you all know, all is going well. Had my first scan on the 22nd June, I'm 9 days further then I first thought. Next scan is in less then 5 weeks away, where I can find out the gender of my baby.

Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Update
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:55 pm 
Site Contributor

awesome, hope all goes well! Just look at the science of nurturing a baby during pregnancy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:46 pm 
Forum Legend

That's cool !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:59 pm 
Elite Member

"Science of nurturing a baby" is something I always wanted to get into but it seems too broad a field for me to dive into on a whim. I've enjoyed learning about how to raise kids properly and I suppose I'll be learning at some point about the nutrition part of pregnancy, etc, but yeah get on top of that. Doing right by your child is one of the most important things you can do as a human being.

and for fock sake, don't hit your child, ever; or yell at them for that matter. You're only going to accomplish producing another shitty person who's value in all likely is nonexistent.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:13 am 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
"Science of nurturing a baby" is something I always wanted to get into but it seems too broad a field for me to dive into on a whim. I've enjoyed learning about how to raise kids properly and I suppose I'll be learning at some point about the nutrition part of pregnancy, etc, but yeah get on top of that. Doing right by your child is one of the most important things you can do as a human being.

and for fock sake, don't hit your child, ever; or yell at them for that matter. You're only going to accomplish producing another shitty person who's value in all likely is nonexistent.

I have to disagree a little on the second part. Everything is fine in moderation.

My parents would give us kids one spank and then explain to us why they did it. It worked wonders to instill a little respect and some life lessons in us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:58 am 
Elite Member

You can disagree all you want, you are still wrong. You should never hit your kids, there is not one valid reason to do so and if you do the consequences are catastrophic; whether you realize it or not.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:40 pm 
Frequent Member

Love wrote:
You can disagree all you want, you are still wrong. You should never hit your kids, there is not one valid reason to do so and if you do the consequences are catastrophic; whether you realize it or not.

I hit other people's kids just so I won't fvck mine up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:46 pm 
Elite Member

That's hilarious, I would rip your heart/face/soul out if you did it to mine.

Completely non serious ................

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:55 pm 
Veteran Member

Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:36 pm 
Forum Legend

Love wrote:
yell at them for that matter.
What do you do if your child hits you, another person or, an animal?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:47 pm 
Elite Member

*BlackFox wrote:
Love wrote:
yell at them for that matter.
What do you do if your child hits you, another person or, an animal?

You talk to them; and congratulations if that ever happens you been doing a shitty job and I think it's wonderful that you are trying to unload responsibility on a defenseless being who has the brain capacity of someone who is retarded if we go by adult standard's, instead of providing nurture so he/she can become someone who can understand peaceful interaction you suggest we provide the opposite of an answer and is all pretty fantastic, really.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:29 pm 

Great news! keep us posted...and remember we need pics as soon as it's born...It's our first SRF baby it needs to meet all it's uncles and aunts on here...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:42 pm 

Love wrote:

Both you and Curve. have a very good point... Some personalities are better reached (for the sake of that child) through discipline while others are too fragile to handle certain types of discipline (ie spanking) and are better reachable through other means...There isn't a blanket solution when it comes to kids....The challenge is on the parent to identify with their own kid and work accordingly and not apply some blanket fix...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:20 pm 
Elite Member

Yes there is, stop saying shit without anything but this "common logic" bullshit evidence to back it up. There is actual science that's been done about this, spanking your child will lower his IQ, that's a fact, not a suggestion, not a maybe, not a sometimes.

There are very intricate systems at play here that you are too ignorant and uneducated to understand and you/others keep spouting these opinions that are worth shit that keep reinforcing the shitty behavior that is around, which keeps producing shitty people and everyone is Farking unhappy and the problem is still not being addressed because no1 questions and everyone comes with all this bullshit supporting logic that comes from the rationalization of the trauma.

When you hit your child, that changes things at a DNA level, if you can't understand and are unwilling to do research on it then uck you and please stay the uck away from me. I am not interested in dealing with you, more than I need to.

The last time I got pissed at you because you went ahead and made your hilarious comment which I make all the time myself and uck sensitivity; the issue was who you made it to. You made a very nasty comment to a pregnant woman who due to pregnancy can be very unstable and vulnerable and the decisions she makes affects, her, the child, and the future of all interactions that follow both. You couldn't understand something as simple as not testing/brewing possible instability on someone vulnerable.

So please really, stfu, educate yourself and try to understand when you are communicating a fact and an opinion, the difference is critical and the outcomes reflect that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:34 pm 

LOLOL...you're a strange cat...I guess every genius that existed was never spanked according to the research you've read.....Let me guess...those geniuses that did receive spanking could have been super geniuses...right?...I can't debate with such a "sensitive scientist"....

Last edited by BuDo on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:39 pm 
Elite Member

Cool story, do us both a favor and stop responding to me. You are a lot less smarter and objective than you think, I don't bother to engage you generally because it would simply require quite a bit of energy on my part to attempt to communicate.

Thank you for that awesome response again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:49 pm 

Opps....didn't realized I was in edit mode...Either way...refer to what I said above...

Oh I forgot to add. I'd wager you were spanked growing up for often going too far in your behavior....It sorta comes across in your cry baby attitude...(ei pointing out what I did what you did and highlighting the perceived unfairness)....It's a wager I could lose but it's the impression I get...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:15 pm 
Elite Member

At this point I don't honestly think you are trying to challenge my position too seriously, I would guess you realize there are many factors here you would need to understand before asserting your position.

Quote:
I guess every genius that existed was never spanked according to the research you've read.....Let me guess...those geniuses that did receive spanking could have been super geniuses...right?

Is a fairly weak comeback and I honestly don't want to go over it because I don't think the counter is beyond you, easy to derive from definitions alone. I actually think you are on the smarter side of things which is evident to me by the amount of opinions you can generate in a number of topics, if I had to say anything regarding that is that there is a difference between being smart and being wise and that is how you use that intellect, I would be bullshitting you if I told you that my thinking isn't very attached to the scientific method ( which I believe is the wise way to interpret things ) atm due to school which demands it and a good conclusion would be for you to go, you know what man I could be wrong about this, there are many more factors to analyze here that I am not familiar with.

That being said I claim virtue and I do believe I walk the walk but even then I have a hard time owning up to my mistakes on the spot, I consciously try to do it and is something I want to be part of who I am but more often than not the concept escapes me as I get caught up being defensive, simply unwilling to admit I was wrong. In any case let's leave things here and get from it what we will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:13 pm 

Love wrote:
At this point I don't honestly think you are trying to challenge my position too seriously, I would guess you realize there are many factors here you would need to understand before asserting your position.

Quote:
I guess every genius that existed was never spanked according to the research you've read.....Let me guess...those geniuses that did receive spanking could have been super geniuses...right?

Is a fairly weak comeback and I honestly don't want to go over it because I don't think the counter is beyond you, easy to derive from definitions alone. I actually think you are on the smarter side of things which is evident to me by the amount of opinions you can generate in a number of topics, if I had to say anything regarding that is that there is a difference between being smart and being wise and that is how you use that intellect, I would be bullshitting you if I told you that my thinking isn't very attached to the scientific method ( which I believe is the wise way to interpret things ) atm due to school which demands it and a good conclusion would be for you to go, you know what man I could be wrong about this, there are many more factors to analyze here that I am not familiar with.

That being said I claim virtue and I do believe I walk the walk but even then I have a hard time owning up to my mistakes on the spot, I consciously try to do it and is something I want to be part of who I am but more often than not the concept escapes me as I get caught up being defensive, simply unwilling to admit I was wrong. In any case let's leave things here and get from it what we will.

You quickly turn (or perceive) the discussion here into/be a competition of intellect as if that was the intent I've noticed...You talk about yourself in arms length as well as if anyone asked....

You're also quick to judge my observations/opinion as weak and lacking while you use terms similar to "I don't want delve into" or "I can't be bothered" or "Go read for yourself" or "You wouldn't understand anyways" as a way to reinforce your statement as if these terms should solidify your arguments...The fact that you think there is a blanket fix when it comes to raising children and pointing to science to back that belief is a conversation stopper for me....

Like an emotional child you have a lot to say about nothing really (besides regurgitating some stuff you've come across and probably didn't challenge)....and your recent temper tantrum compliments what you perceive is happening on here.....You need to chill out...relax....I ain't out to get you...This time lol....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 pm 
Elite Member

There is no intellectual competition to be had here, I've been studying this on my own and later officially for years, excellent assumption on regurgitation of things I've come across.

It is extremely unlikely you are my peer on this issue, thus I am not particularly eager to discuss it which I've made clear, have actual peers for that. I am not making any argument and saying I won't explain or can't be bother to, at most I've stated facts and facts if you aren't familiar with the definition are not something you particularly argue needlessly over. I've already stated you are likely capable of understanding quite a bit "You wouldn't understand anyways" is a lovably interpretation of that.

When it comes to the "one blanket covers all" is silly approach and the conversation stops there for me, the intent is simple. For most healthy children there is a very specific way to raise them and the guideline "you never hit or yell at them" as a doctrine is beyond appropriate, when you get people without a clue on the subject LIKE YOU and say things like you do A or B depending on the situation you will have people choosing from A and B when 99% of the kids will be needing only A; if you are a rare B type of case and don't fail as a parent you will realize your situation and go seek help from a professional and your needs and those of your child will be met, if you are unable to recognize the situation you and your child are farked anyways and mediocrity is the most likely best scenario outcome you can hope for ( not interested in normal or mediocrity here ).

Not a particularly difficult stance to take. I've also yet to come across a single case where it's been objectively found that hitting or yelling at a healthy kid benefits them, specially when matched against the alternative that has clear measurable benefits. Not only is it a worst alternative, it produces negative effects always, the more extreme the case the more extreme the results and you may see some1 who didn't get an arm ripped off be doing "ok" , "fine", "normal" but that doesn't mean something was not robbed from them.

So the me not allowing your "I think, therefore this is possible and this is a viable argument to make" is beyond reasonable, again if you didn't get it the first time your argument is complete garbage straight out of your ass, is based on nothing but your shitty culture and perceptions.

Which leads me to my next point, tantrum, emotional claims. Not the first time you used both terms to refer to myself, which I deeply enjoy because I couldn't be more of an emotional void in this type of setting ( I understand very well the reason for that, reflects on my childhood ... I dealt with it long ago and forced my parents to confront their shortcomings before I was told to do so 'by one of the professors you probably don't challenge' ).

I make it a point to use colorful language with people like yourself for a very specific reason, to keep your ego in check. It communicates very clearly that you aren't in a superior position, if you think so you can go suck a dlck and whatever you say unless i'ts rational and makes sense is not being accepted, you can mouth off all you want. I personally prefer to act on the philosophy of walk softly and carry a big gun, which believe it or not is not particularly effective online. In a real life conversation a lot of the theatrics are simply not needed and things like body language would substitute them.

ps. I was raised in a very good family and I've many opportunities and am without question very privileged, still gave my parents crap and forced them to rectify certain behaviors because they could've been doing better and striving for better is never a bad thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:35 am 
Elite Member

Pretty sure my generation and my parents generation, spanking was common, look at where we are at now. Then you look at the generation that's finishing up school right now, a group that grew up with the new age BS of no spankings, and we've got a generation of mostly assholes and kids that have no respect for their elders at all. How about you shut your new age trash up Love.

To Isis, congratulations and good luck with the child.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:12 am 
Elite Member

Where the fock are you, buch of morons who knew how to have kids, pay taxes and take pride on their "work ethic" because you could offer nothing else. How dare you dinosaur compare to a new generation, the nerve.

Respect for someone because he's old ? Go suck a dlck, respect is earned where I come from.

Oh btw thank you for allowing government to progress to where is at, I am sure your approval didn't make that progression a lot easier.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:27 am 
Casual Member

I love a good spanking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:03 am 

this thread went south quickly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am 
Site Contributor

Yah derailed like crazy. She was just wanting to update us guise.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:39 am 
Forum Legend

Love wrote:
You talk to them

instead of providing nurture so he/she can become someone who can understand peaceful interaction you suggest we provide the opposite of an answer and is all pretty fantastic, really.
kids sometimes make bad decisions... Even Yours!
Seriously, regardless If you told your child what they did wrong. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do it again !
What you say and what your kids hear... may not be the same thing. LOL
So, would smile/hug and say.. you did something wrong, please, don't do it "Over Again?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:52 pm 
Elite Member

*BlackFox wrote:
Love wrote:
You talk to them

instead of providing nurture so he/she can become someone who can understand peaceful interaction you suggest we provide the opposite of an answer and is all pretty fantastic, really.
kids sometimes make bad decisions... Even Yours!
Seriously, regardless If you told your child what they did wrong. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do it again !
What you say and what your kids hear... may not be the same thing. LOL
So, would smile/hug and say.. you did something wrong, please, don't do it "Over Again?"

Let me tell you a secret ... when you hit kids they don't listen. They rectify the behavior on the moment and go back to doing it again and thus you go back to hitting them again and they'll proceed to conceal the behavior and so the cycle goes, this is the "parenting" you are suggesting.

Where the flck is this hug/smile shit coming from to communicate to kids they are doing something wrong, just because you are not hitting them or yelling doesn't mean you can't physically show displeasure to their behavior. Tone, facial, body language are all means of communications. Kids by default seek approval of their parents and if you aren't listened to you are simply not respected and that is a reflection on your weakness, wanting to have a grip on order when you yourself are a bitch is a beyond silly idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:29 pm 
Forum Legend

Love wrote:
Let me tell you a secret ... when you hit kids they don't listen.

Where the flck is this hug/smile shit coming from to communicate to kids they are doing something wrong
I never said anything about hitting anyone, I did agree with you there.
I am talking about gelling.. when they do really bad things.
You Just can't smile and clap on their heads. Well, It sounds you doing that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:41 pm 
Elite Member

You never said anything about hitting anyone, you agree with me ? I guess I was supposed to know that without you saying a single word about it.

Screaming is still a form of physical assault, all types of animals use it to overwhelm the senses and paralyze pray, the act of screaming inflicts fear into children and that's one of the things we are trying to avoid ( cool story on your child fearing the person he should trust most, flcking healthy relationship there ). Fear as a venue for learning I am glad you believe is wonderful.

You once again bring up this bullshit of "clapping your hands and smiling" at a child to engage in correcting a behavior. I guess "reading comprehension" is an ability I'll have to wait a little while longer for you to master, already clearly stated my disapproval of the very same thing after you made a post about it less than 12 hours ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:24 pm 
Frequent Member

Love, how do you feel about getting your children vaccinated?