Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ferguson/ Michael Brown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:37 pm 
Forum Legend

What the hell is happening there?

All I can gather is an unarmed teenager Michael Brown (Fox News called him "unarmed black man" with such vitriol it made me want to smash my monitor) was shot down by the police, followed by police shooting tear gas/pellets at protestors (Fox News showed black people looting stores, of course), then shooting tear gas & dismantling news crews. Also apparently the police officer who shot down Michael Brown (no name released) is at the hospital being treated for "bruises on the side of his head" (this is from Fox News) - lol remember Zimmerman, seems like all these unarmed black teen victims went through the same school of self-defense :roll:

Eyewitness version: Brown was running away when he was shot multiple times
Police version: Brown somehow assaulted the police officer and tried to take his weapon while the police officer was in his cop car.

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

Post subject: Re: Ferguson/ Michael Brown
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 pm 
Forum Legend

Trigger Happy... Police. Eh?

Btw: Where's the source link ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:50 pm 
Elite Member

TheDrop wrote:
What the hell is happening there?

All I can gather is an unarmed teenager Michael Brown (Fox News called him "unarmed black man" with such vitriol it made me want to smash my monitor) was shot down by the police, followed by police shooting tear gas/pellets at protestors (Fox News showed black people looting stores, of course), then shooting tear gas & dismantling news crews. Also apparently the police officer who shot down Michael Brown (no name released) is at the hospital being treated for "bruises on the side of his head" (this is from Fox News) - lol remember Zimmerman, seems like all these unarmed black teen victims went through the same school of self-defense :roll:

Eyewitness version: Brown was running away when he was shot multiple times
Police version: Brown somehow assaulted the police officer and tried to take his weapon while the police officer was in his cop car.

You're forgetting the large scale rioting and setting fire to a local mini mart in "protest."

Is there legitimate protesting going on? Sure. Are there also the people who are there simply to take advantage of the situation and cause mayhem? Of course.

I don't blame the responding officers there for being a little quick to pop tear gas. You're dealing with an angry mob who 1 hour into the incident was already lighting property on fire and acting with malice towards the police.

The original statement I read before it got huge was that the officer's weapon was discharged at least once inside his vehicle. This seems to support the whole struggle for the weapon story.

I'm more inclined to believe the police than the "eyewitnesses" who would love to stick it to the whitey pig.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:55 am 
Elite Member

Blacks are 10% of the population in the states and are responsible for a figure around 60% of the crime, yup victims.

edit: violent crime*

edit: just saying if they get profiled or become a target, they have given good reason. Expecting iq 300+ police to not be more than thugs, is just yeah ....

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

Last edited by Love on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:32 am 
Frequent Member

Shit's gotten way out of hand. It's getting ready to be worse than what happened in Watts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 am 
Forum Legend

Love wrote:
Blacks are 10% of the population in the states and are responsible for a figure around 60% of the the crime, yup victims.

What? That has literally nothing to do with what the thread is about, **** off.

@.curve; Thats why I made the thread, so I could find out more about what happened. From most news reports they have mentioned protests and tear gas, along with the police asking for no protests at night and the protestors protesting anyways.

And you'd rather believe the police officer, who's most likely the culprit in this situation, and completely disregard what several of the eyewitnesses have said, all based on the idea that these witnesses being black means they would automatically have a racially biased view of the event?

Ok apparently this kid was a recently graduated high school senior, about to start a technical college for air conditioning engineering (last Monday), never had any altercations with the police and a clean record at school. Excited to see how they spin his image into that of a thug.

Let her suck my pistol

Last edited by TheDrop on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:20 am 

I can hear gunshots at night. STL don't f*ck around.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 pm 
Frequent Member

Black people are assaulting white people in the streets. That will show those corrupt cops.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:03 am 
Elite Member

TheDrop wrote:
Love wrote:
Blacks are 10% of the population in the states and are responsible for a figure around 60% of the the crime, yup victims.

What? That has literally nothing to do with what the thread is about, **** off.

@.curve; Thats why I made the thread, so I could find out more about what happened. From most news reports they have mentioned protests and tear gas, along with the police asking for no protests at night and the protestors protesting anyways.

And you'd rather believe the police officer, who's most likely the culprit in this situation, and completely disregard what several of the eyewitnesses have said, all based on the idea that these witnesses being black means they would automatically have a racially biased view of the event?

Ok apparently this kid was a recently graduated high school senior, about to start a technical college for air conditioning engineering (last Monday), never had any altercations with the police and a clean record at school. Excited to see how they spin his image into that of a thug.

They did fire tear gas and rubber bullets at news crews and I believe two reporters were arrested and released. Not sure what happened there or what miscommunication happened, but the reporters said the police helped them set their equipment back up and everything.

Eyewitness reports are hazy at best. You have one side that's claiming this kid was a saint and he stood there with his hands up in the air after merely looking at the cop wrong and was shot for absolutely no reason.

Other reports say that the kid did struggle with the cop inside the car and a shot was fired. The cop pursued and shot more.

Apparently a video has been released of this kid and his friend robbing a convenience store and taking a bunch of cigarillos.

Also the officer claims he stopped the kid and his friend for walking in the middle of the street and backing up traffic.

Makes sense that this kid knew he just robbed a place, freaked out over being stopped by a cop and getting caught, and put up a struggle. Once the gun was involved it's game over from there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:44 pm 
Frequent Member

TheDrop wrote:
And you'd rather believe the police officer, who's most likely the culprit in this situation...

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:30 pm 
Forum Legend

.curve wrote:
Makes sense that this kid knew he just robbed a place, freaked out over being stopped by a cop and getting caught, and put up a struggle.
But that doesn't mean... the officer had a legal shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:42 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*BlackFox wrote:
.curve wrote:
Makes sense that this kid knew he just robbed a place, freaked out over being stopped by a cop and getting caught, and put up a struggle.
But that doesn't mean... the officer had a legal shoot.

That depends on the struggle, doesn't it?

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:57 pm 
Forum Legend

poehalcho wrote:
Well, looks like he's been shot in the back twice... while he was running away.
So, how could he "struggle" while he was running away... At the same time ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:57 pm 
Elite Member

*BlackFox wrote:
poehalcho wrote:
Well, looks like he's been shot in the back twice... while he was running away.
So, how could he "struggle" while he was running away... At the same time ?

That's his mistake for turning his back on a hostile person.

If a struggle had just occurred over a weapon in the car, and the officer got the upper hand, the last thing you want to do is to try and run away.

You were seconds ago struggling over an item that could potentially end either of your lives. The officer would be safe to assume that had the kid gotten the weapon, he would have used it. It just so happens the officer ended up with it and he retaliated.

A case could be made that yeah, he wasn't a threat anymore, but he was just a major threat to the officer's life just a moment ago.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:48 pm 
Elite Member

All things considered, I'm tired of that dipshit Al Sharpton or whatever saying stuff and trying to rile people up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:49 pm 
Elite Member

MrJoey wrote:
All things considered, I'm tired of that dipshit Al Sharpton or whatever saying stuff and trying to rile people up.

He spouts more racist, sensationalist bullshit than the mainstream news networks do.

I'd say charge him with inciting a riot or disturbing the peace or something to make a point, but that would only cause further riots.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:01 am 
Frequent Member

Last edited by strangelove on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:35 am 
Elite Member

^

This shit again, he was smashing the dude's head into the pavement. He deserved to get shot multiple times.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:35 am 

Who cares about the kid how about the Farking bostonesque city shutdown just do they could avoid letting people know what happened. We have zero transparency in any part of our government and it's ridiculous. They are shooting protesters with rubber bullets (thought that was part of the constitution maybe I'm wrong). Also what happened to cops using tasers? Or do they just keep those so they can tase 8 year olds?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:32 pm 
Forum Legend

.curve wrote:
but that would only cause further riots.
"Rioting" They're a Bunch of Fuckers.
When they're simply stealing/burn down your own neighborhood
while they've got a chance. They should be arrested !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm 
Elite Member

Oh look a group has showed up to protest and show support for the officer.

Oh look, they're not acting like mindless animals so the police have no reason to be hostile towards them.

Oh wait, you mean you can protest peacefully and not face repercussions? You mean if you start getting violent and actually rioting that the police will retaliate?

What a strange world we live in

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:23 pm 
Forum Legend

Ganja wrote:
Black people are assaulting white people in the streets. That will show those corrupt cops.

They were? Source please, otherwise avoid posting bullshit.

Let her suck my pistol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:29 pm 
Elite Member

TheDrop wrote:
Ganja wrote:

They were? Source please, otherwise avoid posting bullshit.

Quote:
Two police officers were injured Sunday night during the unrest. One of those officers was hit by a brick, the other suffered a knee injury. They are both expected to be okay. One St. Louis County police officer was shot at, but was not injured.

Police say 32 arrests were made during the chaos. At least 12 businesses were looted. At least one shot was fired at a police helicopter. Rocks, bricks, and bottles were thrown at police officers throughout the night. There's no word on how many patrol cars were damaged.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/20 ... /13880305/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm 
Forum Legend

Erm did you expect me to not read the source?

Quote:
Black people are assaulting white people in the streets.

The source you quoted says two police officers were injured. That is not black people assaulting white people because they are white. Its protestors who happen to be a majority black assaulting two police officers who happen to be (I'm guessing) white.

I'm talking about black civilians assaulting white civilians, which is what Ganja's unsourced post implies/explicitly states.

Let her suck my pistol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 pm 
Elite Member

TheDrop wrote:
Erm did you expect me to not read the source?

Quote:
Black people are assaulting white people in the streets.

The source you quoted says two police officers were injured. That is not black people assaulting white people because they are white. Its protestors who happen to be a majority black assaulting two police officers who happen to be (I'm guessing) white.

I'm talking about black civilians assaulting white civilians, which is what Ganja's unsourced post implies/explicitly states.

I dunno, he didn't specify civilians.

I assumed that while they're attacking cops in the street because they're cops, it's also because they're white. The majority black mob is openly attacking majority white cops in the street.

As for civilians, I suppose the 12 businesses that were looted could count. Although I don't know if that was racially motivated compared to a bunch of animals being animals.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 am 

Shitty event...but I'll wait for the facts...can't stand the media and their bullshit...or the public's biased opinion...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:08 am 

Why does it always have to be white v black why can't we talk about the cops just blasting kids.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:24 am 
Elite Member

Already out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pr1oE34bIM

Hopefully stupid bitches can stfu about it already.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
Shitty event...but I'll wait for the facts...can't stand the media and their bullshit...or the public's biased opinion...

It's weird reading news reports and then reading eyewitness accounts on various forums or places like Reddit.

Some stuff coincides and some stuff is really fuzzy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:36 pm 

They aren't rioting over race they are rioting over the fact that black teens are getting killed by police (regardless of race).