Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Surface Pro 3 Owner !
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:49 am 
Elite Member

Go me, got the 120gb i5 version. In any case was wondering if we had other pro 3 owners here because ms can go **** itself with those 120 usd keyboards, so pretty much in the market for alternatives.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

Post subject: Re: Surface Pro 3 Owner !
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:44 am 
Loyal Member

what's the first impression like?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:06 am 
Elite Member

Does everything I want fast, I need to figure out how to take notes efficiently and in an organized fashion, I need a keyboard for efficiency but not a mouse for now, mouse needed for gaming.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:09 pm 
Elite Member

Ended up buying original keyboard because the alternatives suck ass. Will get a wireless mouse for it at some point although my normal one works.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
Ended up buying original keyboard because the alternatives suck ass. Will get a wireless mouse for it at some point although my normal one works.

Not that I own one myself, but for the Surface 3, I think the best choice is to just go with the Microsoft keyboard as well.

I would love to own the i7 128GB Surface 3, but it is sorta expensive. Impressively fast as well, though. Definitely beats every other tablet out there.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:31 am 
Elite Member

Peeps if you have a windows 8 device with touchscreen do yourself a favor and grab bluestacks.

Now you have windows "rt", normal windows, android, and whatever simulator you choose to run on it. No compromise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:20 am 

I've been eyeing one of these for a while now. Purchasing the keyboard separate is annoying though.. and expensive. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
Peeps if you have a windows 8 device with touchscreen do yourself a favor and grab bluestacks.

Now you have windows "rt", normal windows, android, and whatever simulator you choose to run on it. No compromise.

So, it is working now? When I tried it one and a half year ago, it didn't really run that smoothly. I played around with the Android simulator, but I could barely do a thing because of the very slow speed. The idea was good, but the execution not so good.

What has your experiences been with Bluestacks on the Surface Pro 3?

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:25 pm 
Elite Member

Bluestacks works almost perfectly on your typical applications but then you have higher computing apps such as battlefield commander. That I could run and play fine but you could tell that lag was a thing. In short bluestacks remains a work in progress emulator that is very compatible/stable at this point, lagging will be a thing on your higher complexity apps but the program is beyond acceptable at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:14 am 
Dom's Slut

I tried Bluestacks about a month ago, it wouldn't launch for me, just load/initialize forever :\

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:59 am 
Elite Member

I have it working on 3 machines o.o. Try re installing, I had to do it for my sp3 after updates.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:23 am 
Veteran Member

Haven't been on here in forever due to med school, but thought I'd chime in on this.

I love the surface pro. Full windows, USB 3.0, microSD, and bluetooth. The touch screen and pen is perfect for note-taking. I've tried mouse and keyboard, ipad pens, etc. Can't find anything as good as the surface in terms of responsiveness and ease of use. OneNote is a beast. You can emulate so many things. This thing has changed the way I study. I've literally gone through med school carrying around only this device + an iPad for reading pdf.

I would recommend a bluetooth mouse simply because I tend to grab stuff on my USB pretty often so I don't like having the little USB dongle attached all the time.

Is it overpriced, yes. But if you can afford it, it's freaking awesome. Also, don't skimp on the keyboard. They go together perfectly.

As per note-taking. I would recommend OneNote. Learn how to organize folders, and the shortcuts. You can go through your notes, highlight, mark, section off things. Then hit a summarize page and BOOM, all your notes in an easy to read outline. It's also amazing for ppts and side notes. You can easily import, screenshot things, even link notes together. For example, I had a page on beta-lactam drugs. Now I have notes on gram-positive bacteria. I can write out the effectiveness of the lactam drugs, link it to my other note and voila. When I review it and click on it, it'll automatically pull up the other notes page. It's insanely powerful.

I have a law buddy that uses it for case summaries. Input all the case details, highlight and star things via the ctrl+ commands. Then just hit summarize to get a condensed version for his boss.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 am 
Elite Member

Bluetooth mouse, how did I not think of that ... thanks man.

edit: Actually is turns out my mouse is bluetooth already, mind sharing how you do the pairing ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:44 pm 
Veteran Member

There should be a bluetooth pairing button you hold and release on the mouse that will start the pairing. On the surface, there should be a bluetooth devices option on the bottom right side in the taskbar. If not, swipe from the right and search bluetooth. Make sure it's on, then search for devices. You should find your device listed, then just click it to pair. Once it's paired, it should auto-connect whenever you turn the mouse on, at least that's how mine is. I bought the microsoft sculpt mouse and whenever I turn it on it automatically starts working. Great for everyday use, sucks for gaming since bluetooth will lag more than a usb will. It's not really noticeable for stuff like photoshop, except for the occasional jump stutter, but for a fps, you will notice that fucker not going where you want it to.

Spoiler!