Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Research
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:32 pm 
Veteran Member

Its been awhile huh. Been lurking here and there but coming across some project for school,I felt some of you can help me with if ya wanted.

Basically, i'm just gathering some primary research by using a survey; focusing my intended group on college students so if you're a college student and would like to help, it would be appreciated :)

Just giving some background information, i'm doing research on a particular issue that focuses on college students on college campuses. My passion has always been ways on improving your body; working out, sleeping, proper nutrition, stress management etc. and my issue deals with how students have more of a lack of those things. The goal is to persuade my university to develop more intervention programs on these things, and therefore I need to perform some primary research. This survey is part of that. The project is one of my course's semester focus, so its pretty important to do these things.

The survey itself is very simple, 10 questions, multiple choice. Shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes really.

Here is the survey if you want to help me out!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VLZWSCV

tl;dr I'm doing primary research and have a survey to get some data. If you're a college student and would like to partake, the survey shouldn't take more than 2 minutes and is linked above.

Any questions of anything i'd be free to discuss, shoot me a pm or something. Thanks once again

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx

Post subject: Re: Research
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:28 pm 
Forum God

One question; I can has nudes?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:02 pm 
Forum Legend

For research use only?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:21 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think 90% of college/university sleep deprivation is solely habitual hardheadedness. I used to hate going to bed before 0:30. This semester I've started doing an internship though. Gotta wake up at 6:40 every morning and travel for an hour and a half to work. My sleep schedule, which had degraded all the way to 4:30 default during the summer vacation, got fixed within a week. I go to sleep at 23:30 on weekdays and it's been great tbh. I wake up at 9~ish on weekends and it feels like I have so much more time than before when I was waking at 11:30-12:30.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:21 am 
Veteran Member

Tasdik wrote:
One question; I can has nudes?

they should already be leaked from the fappening

*BlackFox wrote:
For research use only?

at the moment yes, just trying to obtain data and the goal is to get the work published... but one step at a time!

poehalcho wrote:
I think 90% of college/university sleep deprivation is solely habitual hardheadedness. I used to hate going to bed before 0:30. This semester I've started doing an internship though. Gotta wake up at 6:40 every morning and travel for an hour and a half to work. My sleep schedule, which had degraded all the way to 4:30 default during the summer vacation, got fixed within a week. I go to sleep at 23:30 on weekdays and it's been great tbh. I wake up at 9~ish on weekends and it feels like I have so much more time than before when I was waking at 11:30-12:30.

from what you've said you believe that sleep deprivation is habitual, but the process you described is just adjustment of the times you have been going to bed(with still a decent amount of sleep, 6 hours?). when i think of sleep deprivation, i think of getting <4 hours each night over an extended amount of time... regardless of what time you go to sleep or not.

now it goes without saying that choices that some students make about sleeping is not always the best in terms of staying up late for activities, social time, whatever the case maybe... but for the students who have to work, commute, take a full course load, they use xx hours to do all of that stuff, in addition to studying, which consumes another big portion of the hours in a day... also whatever daily things need to be done. for students who have to accomplish all of that in one day and daily, it can often cut into their sleep time leading to sleep deprivation.

thats just from my experience and from others that i know have gone through this, even though sleep ultimately is a choice, sometimes things need to get done

oh and thanks to those who have participated so far!

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 am 
Loyal Member

Done

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:07 am 
Elite Member

you got my 2 minutes.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:23 am 

Wish sleep was split up in 2 or 3 hour intervals. 4-8 is probably the obvious choice for all, but 4-6 and 6-8? Who knows. For me it varies from 5-7 hours, because as mentioned it's a habit of 'only midnight? Pfft I got class at 9am, I'll sleep an hour later.' ignoring that I'd be waking up at like 7am. Damn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:42 am 
Valued Member

Done..

Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu

"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"

"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:41 pm 

Mayumi wrote:
Done..

lol..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:12 pm 

Sleep is just a distant memory for me, I can't do the survey, as I'm not a college student!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:02 am 
Elite Member

Isis wrote:
Sleep is just a distant memory for me, I can't do the survey, as I'm not a college student!

Seems like for you it's only getting worse from here, considering you're having a baby.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:43 pm 
Elite Member

Done ;)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 pm 
Veteran Member

Sanktum wrote:
Isis wrote:

Seems like for you it's only getting worse from here, considering you're having a baby.

Indeed, hope all is well with the infant... your loss of sleep will be for a good cause though! since i mean it wont be because of test and quizzes... but for another human being... i guess lol

finals are the week after thanksgiving for me, and I have like 4 test the week before thanksgiving and a paper due aswell :( my sleep hours will probably not be optimal because of that lol

thanks again for the responses! the more the merrier!

Toshiharu wrote:
Wish sleep was split up in 2 or 3 hour intervals. 4-8 is probably the obvious choice for all, but 4-6 and 6-8? Who knows. For me it varies from 5-7 hours, because as mentioned it's a habit of 'only midnight? Pfft I got class at 9am, I'll sleep an hour later.' ignoring that I'd be waking up at like 7am. Damn

if there was one thing i would have changed, it'd probably be that. initially thats what I had going on but for some reason I changed it, possibly because of other opinions

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx