Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: I finally finished university
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 pm 
Forum God

TLDR i got adhd, it took 6 years, i passed.

So my story starts in 2011, i was living with my granddad and quite content with my life even though it wasn't really going anywhere. Sadly my granddad passed and i was left having to move back to my moms place which while i love her we clash a lot. This whole situation kicked me into gear so i decided to go to university and try make something of myself. I started in 2012 and at first things went well, my course mate was in the flat below so we used to work together on all the coursework/projects during my first year, after my first year things changed i got a part time bar job which ended up been nearly full time, i was drinking most nights after work as that is what you do and my course mates lived across the city. Needless to say i failed this year, the next year i try even harder and fail again, only managing to pass during the summer resit period, i go into my second year and this time i quit my job, i failed this year but not before i start to realise something isn't right. At the start of my resit of my second year i seen a psychologist who diagnosed me with AD(H)D or which is Attention Deficit Discord with hyperactive tenancies as well as anxiety caused due to constant struggles. I eventually pass and go into my final year by which point i had decided firmly i wanted to go into teaching, this is when another hurdle happens, my teaching placement... i was placed in a poor performing school and quickly realised while i love the idea of teaching the current system is so poor i would drive myself deep into depression as i was struggling with anxiety after only a couple months this lead to me to fail my final year and had to appeal based on personal problems to resit, they got granted and after another year i finally passed. This was a massive challenge but i never gave up and i am happy i have passed with a 2:2, yes its not great but given the struggles i think its fantastic.

ps sorry for poor grammar i'll be honest i can't be arsed to fix it i just wanted to quickly share my story with you guys.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject: Re: I finally finished university
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 am 

Wow, major achievement there, especially with everything that's been going on.
Thanks for giving us an insight into your life and the struggles you have/had.
Very nice read about not giving up.

Proud of you man! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm 
Forum God

i have been on this forum since i was 15, nearly half my life. thought i would share. also damn this forum is persistant

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:30 am 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Grats Master_Wong! That's a good story. :yay:
Good to hear you're progressing in life, hopefully it should only get better from here on.
You've got great persistence, but please be careful not to put yourself down too much. No job is worth ruining your (mental) health over. Go teach at a rich school :P

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:58 pm 
Elite Member

Nice, congratulations! Love myself a SRF success story :)

You really earned your degree, mate. Hope you'll find the perfect teaching job eventually. I'm confident you will - just give it time.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:16 pm 
Forum Legend

Gratz !!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 pm 
Forum God

ltsune wrote:

You really earned your degree, mate. Hope you'll find the perfect teaching job eventually. I'm confident you will - just give it time.

im looking at just going into software development i will come back to teaching later maybe when the system isnt farked

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:02 am 
Elite Member

[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
ltsune wrote:

im looking at just going into software development i will come back to teaching later maybe when the system isnt farked

Ah yeah, that makes sense. What sort of software development have you been doing so far? Consumer-oriented software like mobile apps / PC software, or more server / infrastructure software?

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:08 pm 

Damn, congratulations man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:36 pm 
Forum God

ltsune wrote:
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
ltsune wrote:

Ah yeah, that makes sense. What sort of software development have you been doing so far? Consumer-oriented software like mobile apps / PC software, or more server / infrastructure software?

full stack mostly, not fussed where but would like to work with python and some form of nosql db, however i find leveraging my c# and .netcore skills seems to gain me more interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:28 am 
Frequent Member

Congrats mate!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:51 am 
Banned User

<<< deleted >>>