Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fantastic Comp-Sci/Embedded engineering channel on Youtube
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:16 am 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I found this channel a few days ago, and I cannot stress enough how amazingly well made it is.
He covers interesting complicated themes and makes them highly digestible through clever print-outs, step by step explanations without skipping any of the basics and the cleanest breadboard layouts you will ever see in your life! (Seriously, everything is pre-bent into the right shape and pre-cut to the right length for perfection)

Since he covers a lot of the basics and the low-level logic going on, I think it's suitable for beginners too, but I would guess about 1 year into an comp-sci/embedded education is the ideal level to comprehend the things he is saying.

It's concentrated information though, so don't burn out watching a lot of these. Each video is basically like a really interesting college course.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/eaterbc/videos

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post subject: Re: Fantastic Comp-Sci/Embedded engineering channel on Youtube
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 am 
Elite Member

Are you into embedded engineering yourself too then, mate? Made anything cool? :D

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:23 am 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ltsune wrote:
Are you into embedded engineering yourself too then, mate? Made anything cool? :D

I studied Embedded Systems Engineering, but I somehow managed to completely miss the parts of it where you actually putting together various pieces of hardware and make them talk and do useful stuff. Then due to missing it, I also avoided it long-term in group projects in order to not drag everyone's grade down, and so I never managed to learn it properly.

The whole electronics side of the business is basically a mystery to me now. Instead I heavily lean towards user-oriented software. I basically just make GUI software in C++ and C#, that interacts with lower level firmware made by someone else.

But now that I have some time, it would be good if I could try making up for my mistakes and learning it properly. This YT channel is certainly inspiring me a bit. I basically have just enough knowledge to understand what's going on, and he explains just the right details that I can actively learn from it. It's a great source of information.

With that said, before I try my hands on an embedded project I'll probably first try programming a game of Tetris for a friend of mine :P ...and finish Henry the Stalker...and finish my game backlog database software

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 am 
Elite Member

poehalcho wrote:
ltsune wrote:

I studied Embedded Systems Engineering, but I somehow managed to completely miss the parts of it where you actually putting together various pieces of hardware and make them talk and do useful stuff. Then due to missing it, I also avoided it long-term in group projects in order to not drag everyone's grade down, and so I never managed to learn it properly.

The whole electronics side of the business is basically a mystery to me now. Instead I heavily lean towards user-oriented software. I basically just make GUI software in C++ and C#, that interacts with lower level firmware made by someone else.

But now that I have some time, it would be good if I could try making up for my mistakes and learning it properly. This YT channel is certainly inspiring me a bit. I basically have just enough knowledge to understand what's going on, and he explains just the right details that I can actively learn from it. It's a great source of information.

With that said, before I try my hands on an embedded project I'll probably first try programming a game of Tetris for a friend of mine :P ...and finish Henry the Stalker...and finish my game backlog database software

"And finish...., and finish..."
Oh boy, I know that feel :p That was my experience with programming too (never really got into it, but started a lot of different small projects, haha).

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!