Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: ChatGPT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:45 pm 
Forum God

Who else has discovered this amazing tool. I can literally make it do my job.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject: Re: ChatGPT
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:27 am 
Elite Member

It's super fun to play around with indeed! It's crazy what it can do already o.O

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:35 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's not terrifying at all... :soosad:

I tend to be a bit of doomer when it comes to this stuff.
I'm not saying I think the AI Robot apocalypse is nigh, but I'm just rather weary of the AI tech springing up.
It's so very very abusable, and we as a society are so not responsible enough to deal with it well.

You can bet your ass the wealthy would try to obsolescence out as many workers as they can with AI's like this. And unlike the utopian fantasies of the 50's we won't all be reaping the benefits, living in luxury getting served by robots that do all the hard labor. We'll just end up in poverty because our only marketable skills no longer hold any value and the rich and powerful will continue to hoard their wealth.

With that said, while I've not actually played with it myself, I've watched some videos and thankfully this AI is not yet quite as usable as people make it out to be. (Though I guess that is only a matter of time)

While it works well for generating correct syntax and grammar, it seems the contents can still be somewhat questionable, with some odd and obvious factual mistakes sprinkled in.

On the subject of AI's however, I actually take much more offense to recent explosion of Midjourney AI generated imagery.
Thankfully it's still pretty easy to single it out, but the surge of new fake internet content is just infuriating. People are submitting AI imagery as real content everywhere... Sometimes they claim credit for it, other times they just seem oblivious to the fact that they just submitted something fake, claiming an unknown source.

Can't help but feel this is poisoning the well :/

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:01 pm 
Forum God

So a few things, we are far off a true AI it requires good data to work and cannot think for itself.

Secondly jobs are fluid with the rise of automation we haven't seen masses laid off rather its opened up new jobs in new industries. If AI makes one job redundant there is another that will pop up either that AI cannot do or is based around said AI.

This technology as amazing as it seems is just in its infancy, the uses for it have not been truly identified and real AI is a near impossibility with current technology. Some have said its completely impossible on Turing Architecture.

All this been said yes you should be careful with it as it does pose dangers for sure ie i can see scams getting better if they can create better more believable stories.

Side note i will be paying for this when it has a full release as while on its own its pretty poor with good input and some discussion what it can output is amazing.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:09 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
relevant:

:X

- Day[9] Daily 337 -