Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: The burning crusade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:53 am 

some 1 is already ficking 65 it came out at 12 est lawlz

fuckign losers these days well im 62 so i guess i am a loser lol

http://www.silkroadhelp.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:02 am 
Veteran Member

I might not be able to install it. *shrug*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:28 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I got it at 3pm, highest on my server was 63.

gogogog draenei paladin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:11 am 
Veteran Member

Just ordered it b/c of a nice combo deal. It's perfect b/c I was looking for a headset, and there she is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 am 
Veteran Member

i saw a pack of idiots walking out of gamestop with BC and orgasming at the pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:29 am 
Elite Member

HTVHitokiri wrote:
i saw a pack of idiots walking out of gamestop with BC and orgasming at the pictures.

Perfect thing to do.

Tell your friend to take out his paintball gun. Sneakily walk behind the geeks.Take BC.Run.Have your friend shoot at them from a distance. Watch as the geeks unleash a most fearfull show of strength and might.And watch them cry after you ran away with WoW. See as one of the kids offers his friend as a human sacrifice for the game.Open the game.SMASHY SMASHY!:D(Burning would be funner though)

I guarantee you the next day there will be new suicide stories on the news xD

OR

You will be hated forever by these kids and they will have a grudge on you until you're 87.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:14 am 
Common Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:30 am 
Veteran Member

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:44 pm 
Site Owner

If you don't have it yet, I will tell you what your missing.

Like 999 people trying to train in the same spot. The 'leetists' and jackasses are owning general chat. Don't ask a question or talk on chat if your not ready to get ripped on. I actually reported one last night; hopefully he'll get a 2 day block or something and cry tears that he can't play burning crusade.

The mob respawn rate is incredibly fast to make up for the ammount of players.

While getting your quest item, 2-3 mobs respawn on top of you because of it.

While your fighting for your life, members of the same faction will just stand there and watch you die, so they can get that quest item on the ground. Or, they just ninja it and run away while your busy trying to beat all those mobs.

I've replaced my valor helm, legs and weapon already with greens from the quest rewards.

One of the first quest will require you to kill 4+6+1 mobs. The one dreadlord (1) is a rarer spawn, and I only saw 2 spots where they spawn. With 999 people in the area, good luck being first to hit it, and completing that quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:42 pm 

63 wewt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:34 pm 
Veteran Member

When I get BC, I'm just gonna level on Hearthglen mobs. Need the silver anyhow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:40 pm 

completed hellfire ramparts yesterday with chaud/pure/hyori and a random lock, and did like 5 quests, thats about it... halfway to 61 and started my blood elf rogue.

a lot of new content so far to experience in the xpac. i rarely whine about game prices, but at first 40 bucks seemed like a lot, especially since you dont get a free month or whatever. but im happy with it so far except the lag.

pvp servers are mayhem... half the people are carebears and just want to do their quests and let people alone. at first when i went thru the portal i thought id get wtfpwned by the massive waves of red names, but really most people ignore you. the mages dropping frost novas while grinding and making me dispel the freeze pissed me off so i jumped on the "if its red its dead" bandwagon and spent a couple hours raping allies faces.

overall the content is awesome, and wow is more alive now than it has ever been... made it to 60 at blazing speed, but dont have the desire to get to 70 quite as fast (yet :D). endgame will no doubt shine, like it did at 60.

ive found playing rogue to be quite enjoyable, and it actually requires thinking at times, even at low levels. altho the rogue is a bit more fun,ill like getting both to 70... next on the list will be a warrior, even though theyre badly underpowered at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm 
Site Owner

As said before, Im on PVE which has both benefit and drawback

Good thing is people aren't dying left and right or warring . You can do your quests mostly unbothered.

Bad thing is, theres no need for a sense of 'unity' so players are just fighting and arguing with each other instead of the horde.

One quest said 'to the west' when really it was EAST.... I explored most of the first zone before asking in general chat. Then I got flamed like 10 people "read the quest log" , "noob" , "lazy" and everything else. :(

Im in no rush to be 70 but I am gonna have to if I wanna keep up with my guild / group, not much choice when it comes to instances and group events.

Im more interested in the content around me, getting my professions up, finding where everything is, learning the new ropes....etc....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

Lmao, Buckley did a great job on that comic! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:46 pm 

Ryoko wrote:
As said before, Im on PVE which has both benefit and drawback

Good thing is people aren't dying left and right or warring . You can do your quests mostly unbothered.

Bad thing is, theres no need for a sense of 'unity' so players are just fighting and arguing with each other instead of the horde.

One quest said 'to the west' when really it was EAST.... I explored most of the first zone before asking in general chat. Then I got flamed like 10 people "read the quest log" , "noob" , "lazy" and everything else. :(

Im in no rush to be 70 but I am gonna have to if I wanna keep up with my guild / group, not much choice when it comes to instances and group events.

Im more interested in the content around me, getting my professions up, finding where everything is, learning the new ropes....etc....

how does world pvp work in a pve server? obviously raiding towns is retarded because no one important fights back and you can just go wtfpwn thrall or whoever you want in mass. there are also areas from pre-bc like silithus and epl had open pvp objectives 24/7 which helped your faction upon completion (like +5% dmg buff or whatever). blizzard has said most if not all 60-70 zones will have these to encourage world pvp, and the first zone does infact have one. are you flagged when getting in a certain radius of the towers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:01 pm 
Site Owner

By default, you are non-pvp.

You can turn it on by /PVP command (or newly added, right clicking your portrait)

Now you can be openly attacked by both PVP and NON's.

That kinda sucks cuz it gives the NON the upper hand.

If a NON interferes with any fight (Attacks, heals someone, resses someone, buffs them) in any way.... they too, become PVP. Like a disease.

The temp ones will be unflagged after 5 mins without interaction.

To capture EPL / Sithilus / Outland objectives, you must have PVP on.

Its all really pointless. If you got big balls and walk around with /PVP, your just gonna get ganked by a bunch of NON's when your not expecting it. By the time you get your body back in most cases, it wore off and you can't kill them back anyway.

You could walk around with /PVP hoping some lowbie will A) be dumb enough to attack you B) accidently hit you with AOE... then they get flagged and you can kill them. But at the same time, see above note.

Sometimes they come stand right next to your mob hoping you'll screw up...... use a shout... cleave... proc some kind of AOE. They must be bored.

The only time /PVP is really usefull is if your a T3 guild and won't lose - or your capturing objectives.

But at the same time, you can go to blackrock mountain any time you desire; theres both horde and alliance mulling / useing meeting stone / etc without trouble

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:11 pm 
Site Owner

Yes, raiding a city is almost completely pointless; unless your trying to kill a couple guards to spam the chat box local defense.

If they raided IF or SW they would have a serious amount of opposition, but any time people have tried that they get slaughtered regardless of gear / how many.

Krull pulled it off though, as they kited him to the AH / Bank in ironforge... that was pretty funny. The big guilds couldnt take em down cuz noobs constantly fed him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 pm 
Elite Member

ROOOOAAAWR !
65 !

.... actually that's my brother... who didn't sleep last night. He's gonna p00n j00 n00bkie aszies !

<< :giveup:>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:36 pm 

thats just my style i guess. i used to wear theif cloth 24/7 in sro as well, lol. at least you got a few second warning in sro... in wow its more like zomg rogues ambushing me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 pm 
Loyal Member

Nuklear wrote:
Just ordered it b/c of a nice combo deal. It's perfect b/c I was looking for a headset, and there she is.

lol it says 30$ off but on the little price summary it only takes off 3$ XD

oh and as for BC, i'm not going to buy it for a little while. or until i can't stand it anymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:34 pm 
Veteran Member

Misaklo wrote:
Nuklear wrote:

lol it says 30$ off but on the little price summary it only takes off 3$ XD

oh and as for BC, i'm not going to buy it for a little while. or until i can't stand it anymore

I believe the $3 is for the game. Ordered the other day and everthing came out fine. Both items were shipped today so I'll be getting them late this week or early next. Almost $90 for the whole deal is win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 pm 

This is not me

http://ctscreens.net/4166

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:10 am 
Frequent Member

Surprisingly I've noticed it harder to complete any Draeni quests than Blood Elf quests. I would have thought everyone would flood the BE's but not so much on my server.

And yeah if you want to create a character of a new race hope for nothing less than Barrens chat untill like.. level 40. :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:25 pm 
Veteran Member

Rockshmo wrote:
Surprisingly I've noticed it harder to complete any Draeni quests than Blood Elf quests. I would have thought everyone would flood the BE's but not so much on my server.

And yeah if you want to create a character of a new race hope for nothing less than Barrens chat untill like.. level 40. :banghead:

Barrens chat Farking owns.

Alliance has it too.

Except its LFG chat. And its... everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:14 pm 

Just hit 69 ill be 70 tonight will take ss when i hit 70 thers already like 6 horde 70's (im horde)