Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Singing into the Wind
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:44 pm 
Forum God

This was wrote by my closest friend Hannah (aka Chiyuu)

She writes a lot of phunky storys i always lose the links to them or just dont get the links to see them well here is one she wrote recently

its really sweet and im not a reading person :P

NO HATE MAIL OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR SOMEONE IS GONA GET HURT

Singing in the Wind

for some the link dont work so iv posted the story futher down

apparently fiction press mess up links sometimes so try again any leave a review :)

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Last edited by [SD]Master_Wong on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:04 am 

um..

FictionPress.Com Message
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story not found: storyid = 2309511.

?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:24 am 
Loyal Member

Quote:
FictionPress.Com Message
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story not found: storyid = 2309511.

Yay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:25 am 
Valued Member

Aww, I can't read it :( [Missing]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:31 am 

now that there is no point to this thread...

it is now officialy dedicated to
Nimko aka moi
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:34 am 

chisy wrote:
now that there is no point to this thread...

it is now officialy dedicated to
Nimko aka moi
:wink:

but i was the second poster.. shouldn't it be dedicated to me?

...:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:34 am 
Elite Member

That person will blush when they find out that you dedicated a failing thread to them. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:25 am 
Forum God

comes up for me :?

il see if i can edit the link

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:28 am 
Forum God

A/N: Ok, ok, don't hurt me because this isn't the next chapter of Heavenly. I promise you, it's almost done! Anyway, normally, I don't write any form of song fic but this just popped into my head. It's based around something that happened to me whilst in the Peak District, and my overactive imagination filled in the rest. I think it's weird, but I thought I'd put it up here to see what people think.

So, let me know what you think. Just don't hurt me too badly if it sucks. I have other stories that need finishing, you know :P This is just a little one-shot...unless people want a follow up, which I doubt :P

Disclaimer: The song is 'Somewhere' by Within Temptation. I don't own it, just the fiction with it :P

Singing into the wind.
Have you ever experienced such a feeling of overwhelming joy? Did it fill your heart up so much that the only way to express such an intense sensation would be to breathe deep, close your eyes, open your mouth and sing for all you were worth? That kind of joy and wonderment is what I felt at this moment in time. Let me explain to you how it came about.

I was alone, and bored beyond all imaginings. My family had abandoned me after failing to persuade me to join their quest for the 'ultimate country experience'. At the suggestion, I had raised a brow and wisely pointed out that their goal was a mere ten metres away in the nearest field. But, unfortunately, many feel that making the most of a holiday in the Peak District involves walking over ten miles towards a goal they may never find. My parents are included in that group. They had dragged my two brothers away with them, muttering about my temperamental behaviour when it became obvious that I would not, under any circumstances, be joining them.

They had even taken the dog away. I suppose it was their own form of revenge at my decision to be 'unsociable', taking away the one member of my rabble that I'd miss. My dog Beaumont and I understood one another, which is more than I can say about my mother, father or any of my three siblings. Although the baby understands nothing except the word 'bath,' as to which she sets up a gigantic howl. So as you can see, Beaumont, as the most intelligent of the group, was my favoured companion.

I believe that the concept of being 'alone' can be categorised into three possibilities. The first is being alone when your family or companions are within a close vicinity. The second is alone when communication over a distance is available. The third is completely and utterly alone, with no contact and no communication. The first two I don't mind; I usually take on the role of hermit whenever I can. HHowever the third kind, which was happening at this very moment, really creeps me out. So to remedy the faint helpless feeling, I decided to search for distractions.

Unfortunately, I found none. Well, unless you counted the elderly man wandering around by the reception area looking for his false teeth. However amusing the sight was, it was not distracting enough.

I found myself climbing up the side of a hill in the middle of the Peak District out of complete and utter boredom. It was an extreme last resort, since I despised any form of exercise (excluding my regular hand exercises that kept the digits loose and mobile). What possessed me to pick suck a large hill to scale, I'll never know. But as I trudged relentlessly up the slippery grass slope, I got the feeling that there must be something that had influenced my decision. If I weren't a firm supernatural disbeliever, I would have said fate. As it were, I carried on up the hill without a second thought at any pre determined reasoning on my behalf.

I finally reached the crest, after what seemed like years of ascending the steep incline. Panting, out of breath, and sapped of all energy, I stood for a moment, hands on knees as I tried to recover. It occurred to me that I really should make more of an effort to keep fit, instead of lounging around amidst books and my computer all day. But the worst was over now, I thought, turning around. It was time to enjoy the view.

And what a view it was.

And so we return to where I left off, describing that feeling of joy and wonderment. That was indeed the only way that I could sum up the sensation that seemed to fill up my body, spreading from my chest outwards. I breathed in, holding that one precious breath within me as a grin broke out on my face and my eyes widened. I forgot about my shaky knees and aching thighs, dismissed entirely the gasping of my lungs, only able to focus upon the pumping of my heart and the adrenalin coursing through my veins at the sight that lay before me.

It was simply beautiful. The word did not do it justice, but there was no such word in the English vocabulary that would. Spectacular, amazing, fantastic...These alone were not enough, and even combined they lacked what was needed to describe such a picture. The sun, a glowing, golden sphere hung in the sky, seemingly only sustained by a very weak thread. As I watched, it was possible to see it slowly sinking, lowering itself enough to kiss the line of the horizon gently, what lay beyond welcoming it with affection into its embrace. It cast a golden light upon the surrounding fields and hills, blending with the colours to create so many unnameable shades. It was like the entire world was bathed in the dying light of the great sun, receiving its final blessing before the night could take its hold. The light was almost holy, and the wonderful variation of fiery colours inspired so many feelings within me. It warmed me to the very depths of my cynical heart, filling me with hope, courage; belonging...It was like I had found my one special place within the world. It was if I belonged here, looking at this very view for all eternity.

To me, that feeling was more or less alien. Although I knew that I had parents and friends that loved me in their own way, they weren’t always going to be there. This place inspired within me a hope that I could belong to myself and my own life.

But it also made me feel quite alone. Here I was, witnessing this spectacular event, without even my family to share it with me. Did I appreciate being alone that much? Really and truthfully? All I knew was that I wished there was someone here that would be able to ‘oooh’ and ‘aaah’ over the view with me. Someone who loved me, and who I loved in return.

The yearning I felt was not for family, or friends. It was entirely something else. Never before had I thought of romance. I was only fifteen, for Christ’s sake, and I was a very studious fifteen. The only things that mattered in my life were books, school, and my computer. But was this what I was thinking of? Could it be?

In puzzlement, in confusion, I glanced at the horizon, where the sun had almost completely disappeared. What was wrong with me? What was this feeling bubbling within my chest? I needed to let it out, somehow. I needed to express everything that had built up inside of me, more than I needed my next breath.

And then it came. As the sun finally died and the darkness encompassed the world, it came. Spilling furiously from my chest and through my mouth, all of that feeling condensed into one perfect note, rolled into a word, and the rest exploded into the night air.

Lost in the darkness, hoping for a sign
Instead there is only silence,
Can't you hear my screams...?
Never stop hoping,
Need to know where you are
But one thing is for sure,
You're always in my heart.

My breath caught in my throat as I felt myself deflate. It was like I had just been let down from an amazing high, and I sunk to my knees. That wonderful, exhilarated sensation left my body in a rush, leaving an empty shell to deal with its absence. I was shaking from the force of it. What was wrong with me? Surely this kind of reaction was not normal?

I forced myself to my feet, shaking my head. This was absurd. It was dark, and I should be getting back to the rabble, listening to their stories of being chased by cows or something. I most certainly should not be sitting, or standing, on a hill in the middle of nowhere feeling oddly empty. I should not be singing into the wind. And what’s more, I should not be over dramatising the whole event.

I dusted myself off, and just as I was about to set off down the hill, something miraculous happened. In shock, in complete and utter amazement, I turned to hear a voice on the wind. It was unmistakeable. A melody flowed to me, clear and sharp as if the voice was right in front of me. It seemed impossible, totally ridiculous, but... they...he...was singing back to me!

I'll find you somewhere
I'll keep on trying until my dying day
I just need to know whatever has happened,
The Truth will free my soul.

Filled with something I did not understand, a grin broke over my face. I stepped forwards, right to the edge of the cliff and did something I thought I would never do in my whole life. I opened my mouth and sang with him, into the wind.

Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home
I want to embrace you and never let you go
Almost hope you're in heaven so no one can hurt your soul...
Living in agony 'cause I just do not know
Where you are.

I'll find you somewhere
I just need to know whatever has happened;

Wherever you are, I won't stop searching.
Whatever it takes, I need to know.

I'll find you somewhere
I just need to know whatever has happened;

This time, when the song ended, there was no deflated feeling. Just the echo of our combined voices slowly fading. I was panting, grinning, exhilarated. The buzz coursing through my body was wonderful. I felt... I felt... Alive.

'I'll find you!' I screamed out. 'Somehow, I'll find you!'

There was a laugh that echoed back to me. 'I'll look forward to it!' Again, melodious laughter. 'A beautiful voice must have a beautiful person behind it!'

His voice was wonderful, like melted chocolate and cream. It was deep and powerful, and his words brought tears to my eyes. 'Thank you!' I called, keeping the tears out of my voice. 'Thank you so much!'

'No,' came the reply, after a slight pause. 'Thank you! Goodbye, love! Just remember...I'll find you, somewhere!'

And he was gone.

'Somewhere...' I whispered, holding my hands to my still thundering heart. 'Somewhere...'

Never in my life did I think my first love would be someone I met whilst singing into the wind.

Written by Hannah Williams

Last edited by [SD]Master_Wong on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 am 
Forum God

now if for you the link dont work iv posted it here but i dont understand that link works for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:46 pm 
Loyal Member

very nice story, your friend is very talented

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:50 pm 
Forum God

this is short for her usual is 250+ pages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:08 pm 
Loyal Member

The link worked for me yesterday when you first posted it, stopped working, now its up again.

I thought it was very well done, quite a little story. Well Done to your friend :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:29 pm 
Forum God

lol il try get her to register and post here but she shy about her storys a little

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:27 pm 
Forum God

ok if you like the story can you either click the link and leave a review for her or if the link dont work search fictionpress for singing in the wind

pwetty please :D she has turned on anonymous reviews