Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:53 am 
Veteran Member

the.unseen. wrote:
Wow I am disappointed no one even mentioned Warhammer even if it's not coming out for a little while, it basically is gonna be the best PvP games out.

unno i was kinda hyped for that game seeing how i was a fan of the boardgame when i was younger but i lost interest in it and games in general + heard its just gonna be another WOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:56 am 
Frequent Member

Hostage wrote:
the.unseen. wrote:
Wow I am disappointed no one even mentioned Warhammer even if it's not coming out for a little while, it basically is gonna be the best PvP games out.

unno i was kinda hyped for that game seeing how i was a fan of the boardgame when i was younger but i lost interest in it and games in general + heard its just gonna be another WOW

Lol like WoW? more like way better then WoW you can PvP from Level 1 and it's almost pure PvP and RvR. Not one bit like WoW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:25 am 
Valued Member

shattered galaxy sounds really good, i've already started downloading it

risk your life looks ok too.

btw i've played knight, hero and Kal online, i got bored of Kal online in about 2 days and deleted it, it was fun at first but just so sloooooow, everything from leveling up to running

Hero online lasted me like 2 weeks but it was lacking any real depth or fun to it, the graphics weren't GREAT and it didn't seem like a game that could really last you, i got bored of it eventually too

Knight online just plain sucked, i got bored in about the 1st 30 minutes or so then uninstalled it

Anarchy online i played for a couple months, its ultra addicting, very hard and confusing and at 1st, maybe for a month you'll have no idea how to play or anything but you understand it all afterwards, its really satisfying and its pretty quick to lvl up
its a sci fi MMO and the weapons are all pretty cool but there's a lot to understand, apart from the learning curve its a solid game, i got bored though just because i kept dieing a lot

i played it in.....2005 from April, they do annual free clients for anarchy every year, its free for a whole year.

Post subject: hostage im curious
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:54 am 
Ex-Staff

hostage, what anime is your avatar from

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:41 am 
Advanced Member

Everything Here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 am 
Valued Member

nice link dystopia! it has the best mmo list ever on there too.

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/907.html

im gonna get ryl, im getting ruin online and i've got rakion, im probably gonna get xian and perfect world later on

thanks for all the mmos, awesome thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:13 pm 
Casual Member

Metin2 is beta now, kind of different.(take a look)

just a heads up, 2moons 7/30 also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:57 am 
Zarthos wrote:
Metin2 is beta now, kind of different.(take a look)

just a heads up, 2moons 7/30 also.

i played metin2 for a week. was fun at first; good graphics n all that, cool
skills, etc. the only problem was that the drop rate was the lowest in any
game i had ever played and the xp was rediculous. i was lvl 16 grinding on
lvl 34 mobs and got about 0,04% xp or something.. then i heard on their
forum that they would make the droprate and xp even lower so i quit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:57 pm 
Elite Member

I guess I'll go back to ryl2 for a while...since there's really no MMO worth playing anymore =/

Damn release dates :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:55 pm 
Banned User

[SD]draquish wrote:
I guess I'll go back to ryl2 for a while...since there's really no MMO worth playing anymore =/

Play Tantra with me if you haven't tried it yet. It's a great MMO, one of my firsts ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:33 am 
Forum Legend

Snudge wrote:
[SD]draquish wrote:

Play Tantra with me if you haven't tried it yet. It's a great MMO, one of my firsts ^^
I've played tantra, not very good at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 am 
Snudge wrote:
[SD]draquish wrote:

played the beta long time ago. one of the best still imo. i quit when they
went p2p :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:59 pm 
Site Contributor

Couldn't be bothered to read all 4 pages so I thought of this mmorpg game:

Name: HeroOnline

Stats:

Gameplay: 6/10
Graphics: 6.5/10
Sounds: 7/10
Controls: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:06 am 
Forum Legend

cin wrote:
Snudge wrote:
[SD]draquish wrote:

Tantra is F2P, i was just playing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:21 am 
Blackdragon6 wrote:
cin wrote:
Snudge wrote:
[SD]draquish wrote:

Tantra is F2P, i was just playing it.

oO

damn ima checkout their site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:36 am 
Advanced Member

huge mmo list

http://www.sythe.org/showthread.php?t=230557

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 am 
Casual Member

another one that looks good, going on cb2 on the 25th, i don't think they will char wipe this time, its called Fiesta, looks good in a cartoony way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:58 pm 

Name: Warrock
Costs: Free or Retail Pack + Item Mall

Holiday in Austria: happy face / Without internet: sad face

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:16 pm 

Did someone play archlord?

http://www.archlordgame.com
no lag no crowded server scamer and boter is very rare :)
need to pay serial cost 15 euro or american dolars
and dont need month paying i put some screen shoot to see:)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Mabinogi:
Don't know when english is coming but its a awesome game
It has a very interesting battle system
Kinda like RS but waaay better, the battle system is way better than most mmorpgs out there and its got dungeons and all that good stuff.

Life Skills

This group contains trade skills and all other skills that don't fit the two categories below.

* Fishing
* Cooking
* Handicraft
* First Aid
* Smithing
* Tailoring
* Weaving
* Herbalism
* Campfire
* Rest
* Refine
* Potion Making
* Making Mastery (raises the success rate for all trade skills and increases character's maximum amount of stamina)
* Playing instrument
* Composing (through use of Music Markup Language)
* Musical Knowledge

Battle Skills

This group includes melee and ranged combat skills and their more advanced forms.

* Melee Combat Mastery
* Defense
* Smash (breaks the Defense skill)
* Melee Counter Attack
* Windmill (emergency-move which attacks all nearby enemies at the loss of 10% of the character's HP)
* Critical Hit
* Ranged Combat Mastery
* Magnum Shot
* Support Shot
* Sharp Mind (allows the player to predict the enemies' next move - not available in the JP version due to game balance reasons)
* Arrow Revolver
* Final Hit
* Mirage Missile

Magic Skills

This group contains 3 lines of elemental magic that each perform differently, other non-elemental magic and their more advanced forms.

* Magic Mastery (increases the character's maximum amount of mana and intelligence)
* Ice Bolt
* Fire Bolt
* Lightning Bolt
* Healing
* Enchant
* Meditation (increases the character's mana regeneration rate when used, but stops stamina recovery)
* Fireball
* Thunder
* Party Healing
* Ice Spear

And there are special paladin and dark knight skills

English fansite with translations and guides: http://www.kuroshin.net/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:14 am 

wwenbow wrote:
Name: Perfect World
Cost: f2p
The English version is not out yet but should be soon.
This game looks awesome its like Silkroad but better.
once its out im quiting silkroad.

cin wrote:
I downloaded and installed the game Perfect World yesterday to try out.
I did need a bit of help from my Hongkong housemate though :P

This game is a bit like silkroad in the fact that its mostly about grinding
and some pvp. I havent had the chance to try it out properly since the
whole game is still in chinese -_- there is, i think, an english beta, but I
didnt want to do the efford of searching for it xP

Anyways, the two things that really caught my eye so far, except from
very good graphs, is the mounts and the shininess. As a lot of you know
from srf, i like shininess <_<. In this game, you can not only make your
weapon shine, but also all different parts of your armor. I've seen players
with red glowing chest, yellow glowing feet and red glowing dual weapons.
The mounts look really good. They have horses, bears, leopards, dragons..

funny looking giant pigs / reindeers.. And one of the races, the Beast race,
can change into a white tiger to get a huge attack boost.Another fun thing is the fact that you can jump in this game by pressing the space button.
This certainly makes the game more fun to play :)

Long story short.. Its worth to try out, but hard if you dont know chinese

:P

cin wrote:
Perfect World Screenies
all of em are clickable

ok im still a lowbie, but i made some ss to give yall an impression.
the squares you see is probably chinese text i cant see lol.

8)

Word out from mmosite's forums is that the English.MY version is due for launch (tentatively) this 29th. Expect for it to be a tad later though just in case and the other link is this (proposed official webby, now up**) or this for registrations (same status as above).

Website
Official forums
A good fansite with wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:47 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Perfect World looks impressive, maybe i will check it out ;D

Post subject: Shin Megami Tensei Online : IMAGINE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:57 pm 

Stumbled on this 1 when I was browsing/lurking for new MMORPGs' betas and whatnot from MMORPG.com's forums. After having gone through the 1st post, I figured the screenies gave some really cool yet dark-ish Ergo Proxy anime meets Beyond Good & Evil vibes. What adds to the intrigue is that it's based from a year 1992 released Shin Megami Tensei (yeah I wiki'ed it so bite me..I don't happen to be that big on Nintendo's consoles in general =p) series, originally for Nintendo's Super Famicom. The post apocalyptic Tokyo atmosphere, plus a proper 'alignment' (good/evil/neutral etc) system combined with nifty graphics can't be all wrong IMO.

Though I must warn that fumbling around in Kana or Romanji (or w/e the hell that is..basically Japanese text characters) environs may prove as a very daunting thing to do in a MMORPG, I think it'll fit the bill for those Playstation veterans with ample experiences with 'alternative' copies of games in Japanese versions.

I'm still at lvl 1 and messing around in the newbie training zone, as I was compiling the information for this post.

Click on that and you'll see a fancy looking Japanese nick that I got eh? WRONG! LOLZ! :x It actually translates to 'MiloIce' and I'll tell you why...The initial minor fault at start with the game is with the language requirements and apparently with a 'full wide alphanumeric' input (means you can't type in capital letters to for the 1st letter OR you have to keep retrying for one that can properly act like a Japanese sentence.), it's quite a mental circus to arrive to one that'll finally finish the char creation. My current fear is that hopefully 'MiloIce' does not represent or mimic any Japanese cusses or profanities :shock: Don't get bummed out though, I'll get around to that part for clarity soon enough.

But before anything, read through what I had brilliantly plagiarized below for some bg infos to help with your 'want to install or not?' decisions.

DISCLAIMERS: ALL credits goes to the quoted authors, specifically Welles - mmorpg.com and netkat - onRPG.com forums, with the intro article from DigitalDevilDB's webby (it appears to be mainly a SMT fansite)

Quote:
Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine

Japanese Release: 2007
Retail Price: ¥ 5,229 **No it's not b2p (buy to play), game client are free to download - l337burns

Backstory Into the Present
Shin Megami Tensei Online has gone through a rather tumultuous development period. As the first Megaten title in MMORPGs form, there was a certain amount of anxiety attached to it. Early news on the title was scarce. It was believed that the game somehow grew out of the original online plans for Shin Megami Tensei Nine (a Japanese Xbox exclusive title) that were later dropped. Whether or not this was true, the game initially creeped up for the PC quite a while back in 2004.

At some point in this stage of development, the game was in some sort of playable form. Screens crept out and it made an appearance at at least one Japanese trade show. Even a video card was released with SMT Online related imagery emblazoned on its packaging. Early buzz for the game, however, really felt like anything but positive. The small amount of screen shots most people would see were not impressive, appearing largely barren and generic. Information on a closed beta test for this version of the title was extremely scarce, but apparently ended on January 30th, 2005 according to RPGFan (via Game Watch). As time went on, news on the title seemed to die off completely.

Many months later, on July 13, 2005, the game was given new life. It was revealed that Japanese developer, Cave, would be forming a new subsidiary. This new company would be known as Cave Online Entertainment. This new company's president was to be existing Cave president Keiichi Takano, while former Atlus director Hideo Yoyokama was to serve as vice president. The company came into existance days later on July 15th.

Cave Online Entertainment announced that it would be working on three titles, one of which would be Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine. Yoyokama would be acting as director of the project and the team itself was made up of many former Atlus employees. It seemed the game was back to life, but what was being kept from the initial phases of the project was anyone's guess. Was it scrapped? Were certain components being kept around? Was what was in the works just an evolution of the previous code?

As time went on, small bits and pieces came out about the title. Cave put up a short Flash video on their website that showed off concept art for the title. MegatenOnline.com was registered, largely acting as a placeholder at the time. Eventually a Developer Journal was added to the site. It saw semi-frequent updates, many including concept art, photos of the development process and so forth.

On July 14th, 2006, Cave Online Entertainment issued a press release about the title. It stated a couple of interesting items about the game: First, it would be using network middleware from Community Engine (also known as CE-Labs), called VCE. Second, beta testing for the title would begin some time in the Winter of 2006.

Website Unveiling
On July 24th, 2006, Cave Online Entertainment opened up the official website for Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine. It unveiled the first details on the story of the game, the character creation process, demon fusions and so forth. A new batch of in-game screens from the latest version were also released (although one had been present on the Developer Journal for quite a while). They were a departure from previous screens released during 2004/2005, further pushing the point that this seemed to be a restart for the title.

Extremely Basic Story Information
Tokyo was destroyed in 202X (essentially sticking it between SMT and SMT II). The survivors, under the guidance of seven wisemen, begin the construction of a massive tower. This tower is to be known as Shinjuku Babel and will be massive in construction.

Other areas surrounding the tower include Nakano and Suginami. The game itself starts in an area known as "3rd Home", which appears to be near the tower itself.

General Gameplay Information
Shin Megami Tensei Online: Imagine retains a lot of the qualities more recent Megaten games are known for. Graphically, the game uses a texture style similar to Digital Devil Saga and SMT: Nocturne, giving it an almost animated feel that nicely replicates Kazuma Kaneko's artwork for the series. It also appears to use a glow/haze effect, similar to the one in place within Nocturne, although a bit more polished in execution.

Like most MMORPGs, players are required to create a player character, or avatar. Players choose between male or female forms. They are then allowed to alter the appearance of their character in a manner they deem fit, by trying out different face and hair combinations. Beyond this, as the character progresses, the player will happen upon more than 200 different kinds of clothes and accessories. In addition, the game contains a multitude of weapons, including blades, blunt melee weapons, spears and guns.

As far as demons are concerned, the player will be followed by their companions onscreen. The game retains demon conversations and demon fusions. Alignment characteristics also return, being divided up into "Law", "Chaos" and "Neutral". The site itself also mentions something known as the "Gene System", although I am not sure of what this involves just yet.

The battle system, unlike other titles in the series, but befitting of an online title, is completely in real time. Like many other games of its type, this largely involves activating icons that represent actions. This may include attacks, spells or item usage.

Beta Test and Release
Atlus's Beta Test for the title came and went. While it was obviously Japanese focused, it was possible for people to create accounts to test the title from anywhere in the world. There were small amounts of fans from outside the country that gave the limited Open Beta a try. This is likely where any English impressions of the title you have read will come from and what our Play Guide is based upon.

In 2007 the game released in stores for Windows XP and Vista in Japan. The game does not appear to have a monthly fee associated with it, but rather allows users to use real world money to purchase certain items in the game. This is a method that has been increasingly seen as a viable alternative to traditional monthly fees and we'll likely be seeing more of it elsewhere in the future. **Don't get too excited..Read below to see what I mean and there's a serious lack of fan-side confirmations so far, from what I've been foogling around and whatnot. But yeah it's relatively f2p atm- l337burns**

Its chances of hitting the rest of the world, unfortunately, are basically zero. It is unlikely Atlus, or really any company, will be willing to translate a title of this magnitude and handle its servers. In addition, in Japan the game itself appears to have gotten a rather lukewarm reception. Amazon user reviews for the title average 2 out of 5. It's unlikely (a better word is "impossible") that any company involved will find it to be a worthwhile endeavor.

Sources: NeoGAF, RPGFan, Famitsu, Megaten Online

Source: DigitalDevilDB

Quote:
ATLUS and CAVE have produced an online version of the SMT saga,
It's called IMAGINE ONLINE

What's different about this game?

First the GAMEPLAY, here you don't actually just hunt enemies around for experience points, as for the rest of the other SMT games (offline) all the creatures in the game appears as “an enemy” but not just that, by the fact that you can conversate with them while fighting, it is possible to negotiate with the creature and receive it as your partner.

EXACTLY you will be able to bring your enemy to your side!

Check this link for see an ingame review/guide
The World of “Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE” Online - Introduction article
Megami Tensei IMAGINE, Closed Beta Impressions **This 1 is A MUST READ as a good, rough starters' guide, complete with helpful screenies - l337burns**

In addition, the relations demon grows by the fact that battle experience is shared, it is possible also to CREATE NEW POWERFUL DEMONS with the “demoniac union”.

And those created by this will certainly become more loyalty to your orders if your LV will be enough,
if your creature will be more stronger of you, it will not obey and even ATTACK YOU!

Not even talking about the UNIQUE kind of graphics! All the series fans will love to have their own character in the SMT world! So what are you waiting for?

**Repeated and simplified registrations' how to's here, courtesy of Welles from mmorpg.com forums - l337burns:-

Here is a step by step on how to access the smt open beta for people outside Japan.
https://secure.cave-online.jp/Preregist/agreement
Hit the link above to register for an account.
1 - Agree to Terms of Service.
2 - Enter Email [**I used my ISP provided one and it went through just fine. But best to stick to non-generics (other than Hotmail accs) to avoid any hiccups, trust me on this - l337burns], Confirm and Transmit.
3 - You should receive an activation link in the email they send you. Click it.
4 - Enter:
ID
Password
Password confirmation
Choose a security question (the first option down is your favorite food)
Provide an answer (it can be in English)
5 - Click register when done, and click it again on the next page.

DONE!

In order to play/install the game you need to switch your system to JAPANESE SETTINGS OR:
Use the microsoft APPLOCALE utility! Yeah it's easier & safer!
http://www.freefunfiles.com/software/syste...le-utility.html

For the client!
http://member.megatenonline.com/installguide/download.html

Some crash courses OR primers BEFORE you launch the game! (PRE-installation notes)
** READ all steps through 1st, make sure that you have your Windows CD on hand OR if you're really up to the task. If you're not (or if you don't have the CD), I'm sorry to be blunt but I think you shouldn't try non-English MMORPGs just to save you from impending massive headaches. You just got warned**
1. OK so after you're done with dl'ing the game via MiLauncher.exe (that's what you'll get from the dl links above), CLOSE it down.

2. Now if you haven't installed Applocale already, now's a good time to do so. Next:-
- Go to 'Start' > 'Program Files' > "Microsoft Applocale" > "Launch an application" > Browse/Look for ImagineUpdate.exe in the game's program folder > When you hit 'Next', the "Language of the application" should be set to Japanese which is the BOTTOM MOST in the drop down list.

- Go back to Start > Program files > Microsoft Applocale to click on the ImagineUpdate.exe to update the game.

3. Repeat step 2 for ImagineClient.exe and ImagineOption.exe (you should know where those are located by this time).

4. These steps are for those who can't seem to get past saving the created character.
- Start > Settings > Control panel > Regional and Language Options.

- Under 'Regional Options' tab, select Japanese from the drop down menu and leave the Location part alone.

- Under 'Languages' tab, check that 2 boxes below and proceed with message boxes' instructions. This is where your Windows CD comes in handy. Reboot when you're done

- From the top (repeat), all the way into the Languages tab again, hit the 'Details' button.

- For 'Settings tab in there, select for 'Default input language' to 'Japanese - Microsoft IME Standard 2002 Ver 8.1'. After that, hit that 'Language Bar' button below and CHECK everything there, you're gonna need it.

- And then on the right tab 'Details', under 'Compatibility configuration' check that box and you may leave the 1 below alone.

- You're not done yet. When you get out of that 'Languages' tab, there's another called 'Advanced on the right of that remember? Go there.

- Select Japanese (you should know where..drop downs,drop downs, drop downs...) and reboot.

5. So the trick is, when or if you got ALL parts above in the correct manner, see that little language bar on your taskbar or desktop? Hit that 'EN' button and choose 'JP'. You should see a big yet slightly misshapen 'A' letter button. Hit that and select the one with (L) on it. THEN you launch the game client.

6. After login window, count 2 buttons from LEFT. That's the character creation button.

7. In the character name field, try with lowercase inputs and see if you can get that 'save' button (NOW look below, the button on the LEFT MOST) to glow. That means your nick is accepted when it does.

PHEW! :sweat: Now that we got that most crucial part solved, allow me to go out and have my dinner! Explore! Whack around and do what you want when you get into the game server! Just don't harass our JP peers (if you can..).

This link is a must read for Vista users. It's mostly in pictorial form so it should solve impending installation snags if any.

Think you can start handling the quests now? Then this link should prove handy for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:25 am 
Common Member

Regnum Online :F2P with extra premium content
developed by NGD Studios which is an independent game developer from Argentina. I didn't try it yet ....but here what i know
Regnum is a medieval fantasy oriented MMORPG.There are three realms a player can choose from. Each realm has 3 races (for a total of 9).
Alsius
Ignis
Syrtis

System Requirements:
Minimum
Processor: Intel Pentium 3 800 MHz or AMD Duron 900 MHz or superior
Memory: 256 Megabytes of RAM or superior
Video: ATI Radeon 7500 or nVIDIA Geforce 2 and superior

Recommended
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Memory: 512 Megabytes of RAM
Video: ATI Radeon 9600 or nVIDIA GeForce 6600
ScreenShots:

English
Spanish
Portuguese
i'm gonna try it soon :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:39 am 

I finally got my invite and now am waiting for the 250mb game client dl to finish. Weird as it's uncharacteristically slow atm... :furious: Below is my attempt to shed some more light about the title.

Excerpts from my newly received, official closed beta invitation e-mail (edited here and there)
Quote:
What is Mythos?
Mythos is an online, action role-playing experience set in the land of Uld - a fantasy world arising from the ashes of an epoch-long war of darkness. Join others in a heroic quest to reclaim the land from the creatures while striving to be the first to discover the ancient and powerful secrets of lost civilizations. Whether adventuring together or braving the dangers of the world of Uld alone, friendships are formed, alliances are forged, and the competition for knowledge, power and glory is on!

And best of all, Mythos will be FREE to download and play!
Quote:
FiringSquad: Will the game be free to download and play or will there be a fee involved in playing Mythos?

Phil Shenk: Yes! It will be free to download and play. We want as many people as possible playing Mythos and having fun. Anyone will be able to play the game free, for as long as they like, and have access to most of the game’s content. Beyond that, we’re still considering economic models. We have some ideas, but one thing we know for sure is that we are committed to a significant free-to-play model. We want for lots of people to have fun playing this game, and we think the best way to do that is to offer up a huge chunk of it for free.

Participating in the Beta Test
Just what is this 'Mythos Beta Test?' It is a chance to participate in the testing of our latest game, Mythos! Some of you may have previously participated in beta testing on games, and this will be similar. As this is a Beta Test, the game servers will not be up all the time. In fact, for a while, it's likely to be taken down to update the builds relatively frequently! Mythos is a multiplayer-only game, so the game is only playable when the servers are up.

Furthermore, there will be times where we completely erase all your characters. Do not become emotionally attached to them! This is part of game development, and a test of network technologies and hardware. Your items and skills will become more and less powerful as we refine the game balance, and features may appear and disappear at any time. Sometimes it's frustrating, but this is how you get to the best game in the end. Part of the test is stressing our game servers with as many people as possible, so sometimes we will load a lot of you on one server, and there may be server crashes as a result. This is normal, and part of testing, but we will endeavor to keep the servers up as much as possible.

How You Can Help
You can help very simply by logging on and playing Mythos! We will post scheduled downtimes and other news on our website:

http://www.mythos.com

There is also a forum on the site, which will have categories for submitting bug reports, general game feedback and suggestions, and announcements. We welcome your feedback, and together with your bug submissions, you will help us release a game that is fun to play and as bug-free as possible. Note: You will have to log in to the website with your GAME account to access all sections of the website, including the forum.

What Can I Expect in the Future
As the test progresses, we will
- add more and more people, more

- and more game features,

- and keep the servers up more frequently, ultimately 24 hours a day except for updates, maintenance and crashes (yes, they will happen.)

At some point, we will open the game to the public, stop calling it a "Beta", and Mythos will be officially "released." We're in no hurry to release the game, as part of the purpose of Mythos is to test our network architecture for our upcoming game, Hellgate: London.

Quote:
FiringSquad: Why was the decision made to create a game that would be developed in part to test Flagship's online network?

Phil Shenk: The decision came about on two fronts, and they both kind of came together at the same time. I’ve known Travis for a long time, and knew how insanely talented he was… just a powerhouse of drive and talent and creativity. When he showed me Fate, and said that he’d be interested in doing something on a larger scale, the wheels started turning in my head. We tried to get him to move to San Francisco, but it just didn’t work out. We kept throwing ideas around though, and we knew we wanted to work together again.

At the same time, people here were thinking about this massive online network we needed to build, and that it would be a very good thing to launch Hellgate on a platform that we were confident in. We know we have the experience and knowledge to make it work, but anyone that has ever done this will tell you that there are dozens of things that can go wrong on launch day, and there’s just no practical way to be 100% sure that your system is bulletproof. If we had a small game that we could build quickly, and get a LOT of people playing it, this would help us iron out many of those issues. I’m knocking on wood here, but we’ve already been able to work out a lot of things that would have come up eventually… and it’s so much better to find them now, when we have more time to deal with them.

So, both of these ideas concepts happened in parallel. I still remember the meeting where the idea to test the networking came up, and I was like “well, Travis could do it!” The rest is proverbial history.
**click to find out why and to understand some core goals, before setting unrealistic expectations from Mythos - l337burns**.

Therefore we cannot say for sure how long this test will go. Regular updates and news items will be posted on the website.

Most of all, have fun! We've had a blast making the game so far, and can barely contain our excitement in having you all see it. We can't wait to hear your feedback!

Thank you,
Flagship Studios

Is Mythos turning out to be the quintessential Diablo 3?
It depends on how you look at it. I myself had long been quite fond of the Diablo franchise, but as they say, what's 'classic' can get really 'old' when it's done repeatedly. Having said that, it is a favourable option to relive the old hack & slash nostalgia. Some more insights into this matter are best to be read through this FiringSquad's interview with Flagship Studios co-founder and Mythos' creative director Phil Shenk .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:40 pm 

cin wrote:
sloth24 wrote:
i heard archlord is now free2play but you have to buy the cd.

havent played it tho. has anyone played archlord here?

i played CB an OB of archlord. pretty fun game, pretty nice graphics,
but lots of bugs when they released it.. and they said it would be THE
big WoW competitor.. it wasnt so we were kindof dissapointed.

so pretty nice.. graphics prolly 9/10.. gameplay good 8.5/10.. quests
etc was fine too.. community 8/10

overall when i played it id give it a 7/10 since it was just not as much
fun and excitement as they told us it would be ;)

The latest updates on Archlord is..well in Codemaster's own words; ArchLord goes 100% Free. Yup..just hit that link, get a key to get to the dl page, dl the game client (WARNING!: It's a WHOPPER 1.41gb zip file!) and proceed to CM's account creation page.

They got a working item mall now so yeah none of that b2p hanky panky anymore. The rest of any worries about the mall is well lol...another story altogether...

Post subject: Runescape
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I see many of you hate runescape, you haven't gone into the game, true, the max damage is 88, but the monsters' hp isn't like 40 million... and it's not only about combat, there are skills you can advance. I've quit Runescape because every update is for members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:26 pm 
Advanced Member

Runescape would be an extremely good game if it had good graphics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:58 am 
Valued Member

9dragons, -me the lonesome sro players here-

-.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:39 pm 

I'm just waiting for Star Trek Online to come out.
Star Trek Online Community Site
Star Trek Online

I am not sure if it will be free to play or pay to play, but it will be a massively multi player game based in the Star Trek universe. It is still under development, but there is some information about it in the two URLs I posted above. The screenshots look pretty nice.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next