Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 Post subject: Re: Guild Wars 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:15 pm 

We actually ended up discussing that in WvW last night as we failed our breakout event. Because of skills having to be balanced for WvW, sPvP, and PvE, you end up with a watered down, pretty boring combat system.

The breakout event in WvW is pretty useless too. The NPC can tank and deal damage like crazy, but he only shields the siege for about two minutes, after that a group of 5-10 defenders can keep you from capping it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 pm 
Loyal Member

BuDo wrote:
I know I am late but this game is off da chain...Never have I played a game with such entertaining exploration, great quests and easy leveling...and its free every month! :D ... My only problem is that it's skills/combat isn't as close to Tera online...but it's OK... I love my ranger..but I don't know how to use him well.. :( ...

it's about time, also trying different builds, I used to have no faith in my ranger, thinking that because a thief raped me thief class is better, because a mesmer raped me mesmer class is better, but after alot of practice and finding my perfect build, now when I'm wandering wvw once i see an enemy by himself I'm like "FREE BADGES", and most of the time I win, cuz I just have to survive while my pet does most of the damage, and no one gives attention to pets usually, so they never notice the little raven raping them.
Toast wrote:
We actually ended up discussing that in WvW last night as we failed our breakout event. Because of skills having to be balanced for WvW, sPvP, and PvE, you end up with a watered down, pretty boring combat system.

The breakout event in WvW is pretty useless too. The NPC can tank and deal damage like crazy, but he only shields the siege for about two minutes, after that a group of 5-10 defenders can keep you from capping it.

I agree it's not that useful, most of the time people just ignore the event and go by themselves, but hey free siege is always good :sohappy:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:59 am 

If you've got the numbers to take the tower, bring him along, because once he's in the tower he can easily hold off a zerg long enough for you to gather a group and wipe them, but aside from that, he really isn't that useful.

The event needs to be rethought
- Triggers at five people instead of ten, because if you don't have your nearest tower, you probably don't have many people on the map
- Shields on the siege are dynamic, as long as the enemy outnumbers you, the shields remain up, when numbers are even or your team has the advantage, no shield
- NPC does large damage to gates himself, he should pretty much be a walking ram
- Weapon swapping, he should have a ranged weapon of some kind. Sure, he can pull people off walls and kill them in 1-2 hits, but that still isn't that useful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 pm 
Loyal Member

Spoiler!

Finally!!!

Last edited by Vaya on Tue May 28, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:16 am 
Forum Legend

Nice one man :D

Can't wait for school to be over to get back on this game.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:59 am 

Grats (seriously). Now just a few hundred more hours of grinding to go. Woo legendaries!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 am 
Forum Legend

Those few last personal story quests are hard man :( I feel like I'm wasting my time leveling this Thief but oh well 4 more levels to go :D

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 am 
Forum Legend

Those few last personal story quests are hard man :( I feel like I'm wasting my time leveling this Thief but oh well 4 more levels to go :D

Level 80 and finished the storyline. Feels good man.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 am 
Loyal Member

Whos still playing? Thinking of getting back into it after a few months break. Anyone got an active server/guild i can join?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 am 
Forum Legend

I am but can't find a decent guild for shiet.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:11 am 

Look for smaller guilds, that's where most of the "calm" people are. The big guilds are all trolls or keyboard commandos. What server are ya'll on?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 am 
Forum Legend

On Blackgate :)

The new Secret of Southsun content is actually pretty fun. I want that crazy backpiece. :D Since I have nothing better to do with my gold I'll probably start saving up for Abyss on my Thief.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:44 am 

I'm really happy with my medium sized server - I've only met friendly people so far :) It's such a relief that not every MMO's community is full of rude idiots. But I can imagine most of the impatient loudmouth elitists are on the biggest servers like Aurora Glade and Far Shiverpeaks. It's where most of my RL friends went, and well, it suits them :P

Will need to check out the new content asap then! :D

EDIT: Apparently there are huge queues for WvWvW, I've only had to deal with it being full once before and the wait was 3 minutes max :P WvWvW isn't dead for smaller servers, it's just not as massive but just as fun or maybe more :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 pm 

Skyve wrote:

The new Secret of Southsun content is actually pretty fun. I want that crazy backpiece. :D Since I have nothing better to do with my gold I'll probably start saving up for Abyss on my Thief.

If you don't mind transferring to SoR I know a good smaller guild on there, it's a group of "older" (20s-30s) people though. Their still chill, but you don't see penis jokes and yolo every 5 seconds. Still might not be up your ally though.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm 
Forum Legend

Toast wrote:
Skyve wrote:

If you don't mind transferring to SoR I know a good smaller guild on there, it's a group of "older" (20s-30s) people though. Their still chill, but you don't see penis jokes and yolo every 5 seconds. Still might not be up your ally though.

No more free transfers :( although I plan on buying another total makeover kit so might have some extra gems to spend on a transfer 8)

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:23 pm 

Skyve wrote:
Toast wrote:
Skyve wrote:

No more free transfers :( although I plan on buying another total makeover kit so might have some extra gems to spend on a transfer 8)

Yeah, and transfers aren't cheap either. 1800 gems to a high population server comes to ~50g, for people that don't just farm mindlessly, that isn't a small amount of money.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 am 
Loyal Member

more progress and goodies!
still can't manage to go over 20g without gambling, at least there's nothing that important to buy with the gold anyway, was tournament-o-holic for a few days and made it to 26 and almost 150 win, right now going fract-o-holic, it's fun specially when getting on raidcall with random people, guildwars2 players are very nice compared to silkroad's!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:52 am 
Forum Legend

Nice dye collection man, working on mine myself. So glad I unlocked the Redemption dye (Gold) but I still want Abyss, **** the 20g though :(

I've been playing solo queue tournament myself, it's quite fun and addicting considering you can easily get some awesome weapon skins from the chests.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 am 
Forum Legend

I'm starting to look cool as **** now 8) Wait till I get my Ascalonian Daggers though :sohappy:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 am 

Wow your char looks awesome! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:49 am 
Loyal Member

nice, you missed the fused gauntlets?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 pm 
Forum Legend

Vaya wrote:
nice, you missed the fused gauntlets?

Started playing again right at the end of Frost & Flame so never bothered with it. :(

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 am 
Elite Member

I can't be fooled skyve, that character is too cool to be yours.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:19 pm 
Forum Legend

Love wrote:
I can't be fooled skyve, that character is too cool to be yours.

Also got my first Ascalonian dagger, hopefully I'll get my other one by tomorrow if I'm not too tired tonight. :P

Spoiler!

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 pm 
Elite Member

Bit bussy, not gaming at all atm ( ok I have 3 games on my phone ) but yeah I have plans for a comeback already =p

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:41 pm 

They said now they'll be releasing new content every two weeks, here's hoping it doesn't suck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm 
Loyal Member

they've been doing that for the last couple of months, just splitting the monthly content into two parts to keep the people interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:32 am 

Not on a steady schedule, they're guaranteeing new content exactly every two weeks starting July 9th.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:47 pm 
Forum Legend

They just released the recap of events. It's almost the end of freaking Scarlet hehe. I wonder what will be the thing that'll "permanently change the face of Tyria". I call the awakening of the next Elder Dragon

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/reca ... ld-wars-2/

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35