Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Endgame content
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:02 am 
Frequent Member

Since GW2 isnt like your typical MMORPG, there wont be endgame content like we use to. Since you can do evrything from early on, there wont be raids at lvl 80 to get some epic piece of equipment since all gear will be equaly strong, just pure visual diference.

What do you guys think?

Im somehow scared I will get boored soon... Leveling aswell wont be very important since in sPvP and wvwvw you will be lvl 80. Well in WvWvW only advantage of leveling will be high lvl gear, I guess thats important.

Post subject: Re: Endgame content
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 pm 
Forum Legend

_MvP_ wrote:
Since GW2 isnt like your typical MMORPG, there wont be endgame content like we use to. Since you can do evrything from early on, there wont be raids at lvl 80 to get some epic piece of equipment since all gear will be equaly strong, just pure visual diference.

What do you guys think?

Im somehow scared I will get boored soon... Leveling aswell wont be very important since in sPvP and wvwvw you will be lvl 80. Well in WvWvW only advantage of leveling will be high lvl gear, I guess thats important.

There's still a level progression for Dungeons (a new dungeon every 10 levels). Like you wouldn't be able to perform as well in Arah, Crucible, Citadel of Flames,etc. at a lower level. And have you seen Catacombs Explorable Mode footage? Hard stuff.

That being said I see your point. I know it personally won't bother me because I'm used to this kind of system from the original Guild Wars.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm 
Forum God

Since GW2 is so overhyped, alot of baddies and carebears will play it, dont expect any content to be to hard a couple of weeks in when they have been nerfed to the ground serval times. Sadly...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 pm 

I really don't expect any lasting endgame content such as raiding when I don't have to pay monthly for this game. If they do add some post-launch, it's a bonus and I'm not complaining.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:30 am 

The endgame content is legendary gear, and you can always redo dungeons. I had a 4 man party in Ascalon Catacombs tonight, and it took us around 2 hours to finish, all of us (scaled down) to level 30. Granted I'm pretty sure the mobs are still glitched, their HP and damage are not on par with level 30, but even if that was fixed we still wouldn't have blown through it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 pm 
Frequent Member

well you gotta pve to get gears to wvwvwvwvwvwvwvvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw

thats the reason why im getting through this pve bs since swag can be obtained through spvp's glory

oh and in the first gw it was even worse you could get maxed gear for like nothing, the only thing you would get from farming are rare skins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm 

I Am Vegeta wrote:

thats the reason why im getting through this pve bs since swag can be obtained through spvp's glory

oh and in the first gw it was even worse you could get maxed gear for like nothing, the only thing you would get from farming are rare skins

And even those weren't worth anything. I bought my sin another elite armor set the day early access started just for the HoM points. Still got 350k left that will probably just sit there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:40 pm 
Frequent Member

Toast wrote:
I Am Vegeta wrote:

And even those weren't worth anything. I bought my sin another elite armor set the day early access started just for the HoM points. Still got 350k left that will probably just sit there.

well I used to enjoy going around in pvp with my pve chars using nice gears

and yeah i still have like 1 or 2 kk on gw1 ahaha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 pm 
Frequent Member

Toast wrote:
The endgame content is legendary gear, and you can always redo dungeons. I had a 4 man party in Ascalon Catacombs tonight, and it took us around 2 hours to finish, all of us (scaled down) to level 30. Granted I'm pretty sure the mobs are still glitched, their HP and damage are not on par with level 30, but even if that was fixed we still wouldn't have blown through it.

We went today Ascalon, Im 49lvl and another guy was 31lvl rest of party was around 60. And it was very hard. I dont know how you supposed to do that dungeon at lvl 30.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 am 

@Vegeta I had a tormy shield, VS, and elite kurz armor for my sin. That money is what was leftover.

@MVP, it isn't supposed to be that hard, the mobs are glitched, anet needs to fix that asap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 pm 
Frequent Member

Toast wrote:

@MVP, it isn't supposed to be that hard, the mobs are glitched, anet needs to fix that asap.

Well that explains it, wasted like 10 silver to repair my gear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 am 

Ugh I thought AC was bad, spent 3 hours in CM explorable. We ended up having to glitch the last boss just to be able to kill him, after running through groups of 20 or so mobs just to get to him. Good thing we had AoE stealth.