Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do you like S3?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:09 pm 
Elite Member

I am not sure if it's S3's fault or something else, but ever since the new S3 patch came out I've lost around 90% of my games. Rating went from 1780 to 1500 and I just keep on losing.
There's absolutely nothing I notice that's all that different. I love to play bruisers so the new black cleaver meta is no problem for me. I just keep on losing and losing, it's depressing honestly. Haven't played half as much League as I used to in S2. Feels like S3 sucks for me, but I can't tell you exactly what it is. It makes me lose, and that's bad enough!
So how do you guys like S3? There must be someone here who is getting all those wins that I am missing out on currently...

<< :giveup:>>

Post subject: Re: How do you like S3?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm 
Site Contributor

Same here, I have a 3/10 Win/Loose ratio on EUW...

On NA I can't say because I've been introducing my friends to LoL so Im playing custom games, but the last 4 games I played normal I had 2/2 Win/Loose.

I am lvl 13 on EUW, and 30 on NA....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 pm 

i dont like it.... just like i didnt like s1 or s2... i always lose 90% of my games... QQ i suck =(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 am 
Elite Member

I am stuck at my mom's house with a shitty laptop and I'm bored as hell. If you want I could look at a replay of yours and tell u what you're doing wrong. I may be on a losing streak but I'm still 1780 top rating and generally know what to do pretty well. I'm really bored too :(

<< :giveup:>>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 am 
Frequent Member

I am really enjoying S3 myself. Admittedly I am a low level (lvl 17 atm) and I was only level 12 or so before S3 started. But I really do like some of the improvements they made to the game. The new shop is amazing and after using Enigma's Recommended Item Changer I have every item I build on my character literally 1 click away.

I like some of the new items as well and find the support role to be a lot of fun since S3 came out. I play a lot of support (I duo bot lane with an RL friend) and the Sightstone is the greatest gift I could ever ask for! The item which also cleanses and heals is also amazing and can really turn a fight around. I also love the reduced cost on the Tear of the Goddess and the new upgrades for the Tear are great on Ryze :p

Overall I enjoy S3 a lot and am having a lot of fun playing the game. My joy from the game could also be because of how much better I'm getting at LoL and I'm riding a wave of confidence (in the last week or two I've basically won 70-80% of my matches). Either way I think S3 is interesting and enjoyable :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am 
Frequent Member

i'm liking season 3 so far. i like item changes/new items added minus the week or two there where stacking black cleavers was the cool thing.. stacking the same item being viable killed me a little inside.

new shop layout was a bit weird but i've gotten used to it and really like it now as well. plus the ui looks better imo. my only little issue with s3 so far is actually the shop though. i have it hotkeyed to my mousewheel so i can check prices while i'm in lane and don't go back too soon/can be ready to buy etc. and everytime i bring it up now i get a.. small pause pretty much everytime. my computer isn't the best but it is no potato either so i don't get it. didn't happen in s2 and my frames have been fine.

ANYWHO. on the gameplay side of things i'm still working on improving myself. have yet to touch a toe into ranked and i'm not rushing to anytime soon. not confident in my champion pool(~30ish) or my play. not to mention i'm missing quite a few runes. armor pen reds and scaling magic resist blues are at the top of my list

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:31 pm 
Elite Member

iSinnnn wrote:
i'm liking season 3 so far. i like item changes/new items added minus the week or two there where stacking black cleavers was the cool thing.. stacking the same item being viable killed me a little inside.

new shop layout was a bit weird but i've gotten used to it and really like it now as well. plus the ui looks better imo. my only little issue with s3 so far is actually the shop though. i have it hotkeyed to my mousewheel so i can check prices while i'm in lane and don't go back too soon/can be ready to buy etc. and everytime i bring it up now i get a.. small pause pretty much everytime. my computer isn't the best but it is no potato either so i don't get it. didn't happen in s2 and my frames have been fine.

ANYWHO. on the gameplay side of things i'm still working on improving myself. have yet to touch a toe into ranked and i'm not rushing to anytime soon. not confident in my champion pool(~30ish) or my play. not to mention i'm missing quite a few runes. armor pen reds and scaling magic resist blues are at the top of my list

Have you and Cody been playing a lot? You nigs not hitting me up and shit since I hardly see you guys on Halo anymore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 am 
Frequent Member

yeah you should try getting into it. me and cody have been playing pretty consistently since we started back in june or so. i had figured halo would swallow most of my gaming time but you jake and cody never really played it as much as i anticipated and i'm not going to waste time solo playing a game that isn't even committed enough to the competitive scene to give their game a proper ranking system.

league is really fun but there's a high skill ceiling, leveling to 30 is kind of a drag the first time and when you look back on it, you see how it sucks. being level 20 with like no runes and 10 less masteries and getting 2 level 30s on the other team playing with their level 15 friends. eh. but it gets nice at 30/once you start grasping basic mechanics and situational stuff.

i've been playing for months and there's still a loooooot i need to do better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 pm 
Elite Member

iSinnnn wrote:
yeah you should try getting into it. me and cody have been playing pretty consistently since we started back in june or so. i had figured halo would swallow most of my gaming time but you jake and cody never really played it as much as i anticipated and i'm not going to waste time solo playing a game that isn't even committed enough to the competitive scene to give their game a proper ranking system.

league is really fun but there's a high skill ceiling, leveling to 30 is kind of a drag the first time and when you look back on it, you see how it sucks. being level 20 with like no runes and 10 less masteries and getting 2 level 30s on the other team playing with their level 15 friends. eh. but it gets nice at 30/once you start grasping basic mechanics and situational stuff.

i've been playing for months and there's still a loooooot i need to do better.

I like to think we all thought Halo would take up way more time than it did. Maybe if I had done any video watching before the game came out, I would have realized it's lacking in a lot of places. I hop on every once in a while still to play with Jeremy or other TDC people, but like you said, no point trying to go solo on that game.

I have League installed so I'll let you know my name and everything and you can carry a noop for a bit.

On another note, Happy Birthday my friend.