Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: BlackHand Athens Recruiting Updated 5/6/2006
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:03 am 
Common Member

Meth0d wrote:

Rules of the Alliance
1. No Hacks, Bots or use of Third Party Programs
+ + exceptions are TeamSpeak or Ventrilo
2. Respect Your Alliance Members
+ + help them when possible
3. Do Not Attack or Kill your Alliance Members
+ + even if they are murder status
4. Actively Participate in Alliance Events
+ + such as Alliance Trades**
5. All Guild information and Alliance Information is Confidential.
+ + We do not want Hostile Guilds knowing too much
6. There will be no acts of Treason.
+ + Intentional treason or spreading ill rumors that may disrupt/offend the Alliance
7. Do Not Exploit Your Guild or Alliances for Money. Or Pretend to be someone else.
++Trying scam money and lie will get you kicked obviously
8. Do NOT intentially lure your NPC Thieves onto someone partaking a 1 Star Trade.
++Forcing 1 star Traders to drop their goods is unethical
9. Have Fun! *edited*
- - - - - -Additions to the Rules Can be Added- - - - -

[/quote]

What it required (or expected):
The above is the tip of the iceberg for what it takes to be a BlackHand member. Team Chemistry, the right attitude, sportsmanship, and communication are a few of the characteristics that we would expect from all candidates. We recruit the player, not the character. How you play is more important than your SOS collection. We ask that all recruits be mature, helpful, active in game and on the forums here.

The process:
All applicants will be given a trial membership, this allows us to screen all would be BlackHand candidates. Any action by any BlackHand member reflects on all of us, therefore we are very specific about who wears the guild name. All applicants must be voted on to become "Recruits" and will remain in recruitment status for as long as it takes, depending on their interaction with the Guild. We use a trial period before making any new recruit a full member and access. Trials will take as long as they need to so please be patient. No one is admitted on the day they request trial membership. The Guild is run by a "Majority Rules" system, and the guild will want to get to know you before casting a vote.

Over the course of the recruitment period Guild members will be asked to vote ya or nay on the recruits permanent membership. After this vote the person will either be made a full member or excused from the guild. Our current level requirement is 45+.

Please read this section carefully.

1. All canditates should post their info as well as their IGN here.

Should you have any questions, please contact anyone listed below in game or here on the forums.

Meth0d is Natalia20 in game

OneManArmy1 is the same in game.

tingboy3 is the same in game.

Level: Varies ;)
Job: Whatever it takes.

Last edited by Meth0d on Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:58 pm 

so where do i ask to be recruited... or whatever ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:34 pm 

Hay ppl, got a PM from a Blackhand memeber directing me here, So here i am :).

I would love to join the guild as i no its a big guild which i want to join. I am definatly one for teamwork as i play BF2 and Cs:S in a clan.

I see that this clan is very organized with the rules as such which makes it more appealing for me to join as i would prefer to join a clan with disipline than a mess about clan where u dont get to no the ppl and just there for the title.

I am currently a Lvl.9 Ice Archer and i play 4 Hours a night at least (i have just started playing again) and on weekends especially sunday i can play alot longer.

I no my level may not be suitible atm but if you would accept me and see me as a traniee i would be very happy. Cheers, Statix.

P.S my friend who im on teamspeak on with called 'UgukMike' is also looking to join =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:06 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

helllo.!! . . . blackhands ppl = )
obisously im here to apply lol
i met few of you guys while i was a N00b level really low killing bandits while watching u guys killing tiger girl lol
i made riend with one of u guys and found out this is a cool guild to join. not inviting jusy any player u guys meet but skilled and mature ppl

anyways im str fire glaiver
good team player
nice person and willing to help

my play time range varies could be from 10 min - 8 hours

past mmorpg experience from world of warcraft being in top guild and one of the top member, i have good experiences to working in a team cause we always do raids. unfortunally i can't afford it anymorel ol

im currently level 28 which is below 30 =( but i'll be 30 really soon and i just can't wait to apply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:26 pm 

ssapphire wrote:
i met few of you guys while i was a N00b level really low killing bandits while watching u guys killing tiger girl lol
i made riend with one of u guys and found out this is a cool guild to join. not inviting jusy any player u guys meet but skilled and mature ppl

good team player

past mmorpg experience from world of warcraft being in top guild and one of the top member, i have good experiences to working in a team cause we always do raids. unfortunally i can't afford it anymorel ol

im currently level 28 which is below 30 =( but i'll be 30 really soon and i just can't wait to apply

ZOMG! A GHOST FROM OUR PAST!

Hehe... well yeah, I think I remember you too. You spoke to us after we were done with TG :) I suppose you have one of our contacts. Just whisper us in game when you get to 30. Happy hunting :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm 

so, I dont know where to post but im ganna try it here I would like to join,
... if your looking for SOS armours/weps i have a few i dont need.. :))

IGN: Season
lvl 30x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:04 pm 
Common Member

window wrote:
so, I dont know where to post but im ganna try it here I would like to join,
... if your looking for SOS armours/weps i have a few i dont need.. :))

lvl 30x

Meth0d wrote:
All canditates should post their info as well as their IGN here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:18 pm 
Common Member

Hello,

I'm interested in joining this Guild as i read alot of it on this forum and heared alot of it from other servers. My current level is 19 but thats on my 4th character (My 3rd on Athens). The main reason why i made so many different characters is because i was experimenting several builds and i also wanted to try out some SP farming (farmed up to 4k, got bored doing it). My in game name is Luneao and i'm currently building a pure INT/Fire/Lightning with a sword/shield. I think i'd be able to get to level 30 in the next 5/6 days as after tomorrow a 3 week vacation kicks in. I've never had the chance to enjoy a professional guild yet nor large trade runs or guild wars and i'd love it if i get the opportunity to do so.
My timezone is GMT +1 and i'm from the Netherlands. I can understand and speak English perfectly and i'm also familliar with a little german. I also PM'd Rage a few weeks ago about me wanting to be a canditate but also explained to him that i'd not be able to play alot as i still had alot of exams ahead of me (most of those are behind me now so i'd be able to get started again).
If there is anything else you'd like to know about me please feel free to respond to this post, PM me on this forum or try to contact me in game.

Regards,
JD (Luneao)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:07 pm 

oops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:21 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi,
I am currently a lvl. 47 Fire STR Glaive user (not full STR though) but have lvled STR since lvl.32. I have been in 2 guilds and none of them really worked out for its usually the leader 2 others and me contributing. As for the current guild that i'm in, the leader has informed me that he will be quitting within a months time. Anyways, 95% of the ppl there was never online so much of what i've been doing is farming SP and XP and occasionally helping out random people.

The most recent online game that i've played was FFXI. I took part in a fairly well-known LS called AOV on the Titan server which had around 30-50 members so I have experience working as a team.

I won't be playing these few days though and have asked my lil cuz to help me farm SP/XP hehehe for the time being. But I will be back in the action this weekend or early next week. Gotta finish off my designs for nexts months' mag. issue ^^

So ya... leave me a msg here for the time being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:55 pm 
Casual Member

Hi, I am very interested in this LEGIT guild. I am tired of unlegit guilds and this one seems to fit the best picture for me. I am currently level 41 blade/shield fire sub cold tanker. I'm 18 years old, mature and active. I would be really helpful to the guild, as I am to my friends. For example, I will donate gold if you REALLY need it; hand down items if when I outgrow them; I watch carefully when thieving/trading/hunting of my teammates to help them out when necessary (I think for others and less of myself; not greedy).

I live in California so I'm under the Pacific Time Zone GMT. I'm usually on from 1PM-12AM-3AM. I'm a versatile person.. which includes me keeping secrets, I don't snitch on no one or anything if it isn't mentioned before. Basically I don't have a reason to talk about something. I have a mic and I have ventrilo and teamspeak.

I have a friend that would like to join he is lvl 34 and has the same personality as me. He has a ventrilo server if necessary but no admin yet(admin hasn't came on for a LONG time, hopefully getting it soon).

Thank you!

Guild LVL: 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:04 am 

I've been waiting for like 2 weeks, not getting a response from you, Natalia, but still I really would like to join the blackhand guild. I want a guild that actually takes time recruiting there members and is actually *serious guild. I am lvl 30x and usually play 1+ hrs a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:00 pm 
Common Member

window wrote:
I've been waiting for like 2 weeks, not getting a response from you, Natalia, but still I really would like to join the blackhand guild. I want a guild that actually takes time recruiting there members and is actually *serious guild. I am lvl 30x and usually play 1+ hrs a day.

After the comments you made to me in game yesterday it has become apparent that we don't fit well. Good luck in your search for a guild that matches your style of play. Your application has been denied by the membership.

Thanks for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:49 pm 

what...? i asked why you didnt read my pm. then you said it takes about a month to get recruited... i said thats lame and your guild should be good................ haha,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

thank you so much for buying that lvl48 spear+3 ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:38 am 
Common Member

I try to hook a guildie of mine up with SOS weapons as soon as I outgrow them. I just got back into town and saw your stall holding exactly what I was looking for in less then 10 seconds.

Thanks to you too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:50 am 
Common Member

We now have a guild for those not yet meeting the level requirements. Please see revised 1st post for more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:03 am 

Hey guys. I was thinking about starting a guild of my own because I like teamplay and wanted to try it out, but this looks like it would suit me just perfectly. DarkStalkers that is, since I'm waaaay too low lvl for BlackHand (I can't even understand how you can get to lvl 40 lol). :)

About me: I'm 20+, male and I play Silkroad to have fun. Not to get to lvl whatever as fast as possible just so I can be an asshole to lower level players, but to have fun. A big part of that is of course interacting with others, doing guild trades/thieveing and whatnot. I play for at least an hour every day, most of the time two or three hours, and more on weekends. I try to stay as active as I can.

About my character: I started playing Silkroad about two weeks ago, but my first character was a mess of wasted skill points and attribute points scattered all over the place. When I noticed that my character couldn't kill as fast as some others, and died a lot more easliy as others, I started reading guides and tutorials and decided that since I like teamplay I would create a character that is dedicated to being a good character to have in a team.

This new character is just lvl 21 yet (I plan on getting to 22, perhaps 23 today depending on how quickly I can finish my quests).

I am pure STR fire glavie with force added for healing and resurrection. I also use the lightning skill that makes you run faster...Grass Walk? So my character is basically a tank that can heal and resurrect his weak pure INT comrades if need be. ;) I created this character with teamplay in mind, so I'm looking for a guild that is all about teamplay and having fun, and this seems to be it. I hope I'm not wrong. :)

I am open for all three jobs. I haven't tried any of them out yet (after reading the guides and tutorials here I realised I'm too low level for them) but I'm willing to give any of them a go. Is the guild open to players of all jobs or not? It doesn't say. Well, I'm open for everything (when it comes to JOBS that is, get your mind out of the gutter ;)).

I don't believe I've ever seen any of you guys in the game, but I hope I will. :)

My IGN is Libertine (just like my username here).

Please contact me in the game if you want to meet up and do some trading or killing or whatever together to get a feel of what kind of player I am. I hope I'm the kind of player that would fit into a guild like this.

Just one small thing before I shut up. I am really, really bad with names, so if you whisper me and I don't remember who you are it's not because I'm trying to be disrespectful or anything, I just have a really, really hard time remembering names, even with IRL friends that I haven't seen for a while. :( Please keep that in mind.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:01 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

hi,
just popping in to say hi
=p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 pm 
Common Member

Currently looking for a legit and respected guild. From reading your postings, it seems that BlackHand is exactly what I want to be a part of. I will tell you a quick bit about myself to determine if I might fit. I do not wish to associate myself with botters, 1* poppers, scammers, or the like. If you are what you say you are, I am VERY interested (besides having a cool name :) ).

I am married and have a great career. I am an experienced team-player from Quake3 to BF2, and have been with the same clan throughout (have also played many MMORPGs). I do not enjoy lone-wolfing through the game and would love some structured teamplay. However, due to the first sentence in this paragraph, I would require a small amount of leniency in the unlikely circumstance that I cannot make it to an event (I have never missed a scrimmage with my BF2 clan). Due to those responsibilities, I even have to miss a day or two of Silk Road or BF2 on occasion (*gasp, lol), and would like to be assured that I will not be mistreated for the rare time when I must devote additional time to wife or career.

Anywho. I have seen BH in Athens, but have not seen the new sub-guild. Is there a favorite "hangout" that I might look for?

Additionally, I would prefer to play with a guild who uses Ventrilo / TeamSpeak. I have used voice comms for so many years, that I do not wish to go back to the stone ages of Chat/PM... Besides, it is very difficult to type when you are defending/attacking a caravan from NPC/PC, which is exactly the time you need to communicate!
[level and build info in sig]

IGN: MaraxusKjeld (lvl 5X)
Build: Pure INT, Fire / Light
Wolf: KillChain (lvl 5X)
Guild: BlackHand (LVL 5) [recruiting]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:12 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi, I'm Jenn. IGN gingivitis.
Shadow_Glave asked me to drop you a note here since I could not reach you in whisper.
At the moment my char (archer) is 38 - but with a few gold tickets to use. Currently I am the sole member of the leaderless guild BloodSonata (where Shadow and I met), and will remain so until I join a new guild, as homage to my long-gone mates.
But it's boring. Help me out. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:56 am 
Common Member

Please see revisions in 1st post

Post subject: --
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:38 pm 
Casual Member

edited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:14 pm 
Casual Member

Dave just give me back my stuff and I will stay away from this forum. Thats is all I am asking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:42 pm 

Quote:
Hi, I'm Jenn. IGN gingivitis.
Shadow_Glave asked me to drop you a note here since I could not reach you in whisper.
At the moment my char (archer) is 38 - but with a few gold tickets to use. Currently I am the sole member of the leaderless guild BloodSonata (where Shadow and I met), and will remain so until I join a new guild, as homage to my long-gone mates.
But it's boring. Help me out. XD

Jenn, I've tried to contact you in game but I'm not able to get hold of you. If you could try to get us in game or pm us here on the forum, it would be a great start.

Quote:
Currently looking for a legit and respected guild. From reading your postings, it seems that BlackHand is exactly what I want to be a part of. I will tell you a quick bit about myself to determine if I might fit. I do not wish to associate myself with botters, 1* poppers, scammers, or the like. If you are what you say you are, I am VERY interested (besides having a cool name ).

I am married and have a great career. I am an experienced team-player from Quake3 to BF2, and have been with the same clan throughout (have also played many MMORPGs). I do not enjoy lone-wolfing through the game and would love some structured teamplay. However, due to the first sentence in this paragraph, I would require a small amount of leniency in the unlikely circumstance that I cannot make it to an event (I have never missed a scrimmage with my BF2 clan). Due to those responsibilities, I even have to miss a day or two of Silk Road or BF2 on occasion (*gasp, lol), and would like to be assured that I will not be mistreated for the rare time when I must devote additional time to wife or career.

Anywho. I have seen BH in Athens, but have not seen the new sub-guild. Is there a favorite "hangout" that I might look for?

Additionally, I would prefer to play with a guild who uses Ventrilo / TeamSpeak. I have used voice comms for so many years, that I do not wish to go back to the stone ages of Chat/PM... Besides, it is very difficult to type when you are defending/attacking a caravan from NPC/PC, which is exactly the time you need to communicate!
[level and build info in sig]

SokViChet, we are still awaiting your response to our PM.

Quote:

good team player

ssapphire, I tried to contact you ingame as well but I couldn't get hold of you. PM-ed on the forum but you've yet to receive it. Will await your response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:47 pm 
Common Member

Gingivitus still hasn't recieved the PM I sent her, perhaps she's away for a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:40 pm 

yer. I'm only lvl 25, but im lvling fast-ish, and i'll be 30 soon.

IGN: Nannari
Level: 25 at 30%
Ex. Guild: Eldest

Left my old guild because they never talked, never really had guild happenings. Seems to me like BlackHand is a bit more active.

PM me ingame, neh? (=

dom wrote:
I never use more then 20~gb, and most of that is in porn alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:28 pm 
Common Member

We will be handling all recruitment on our new site

Visit our new Website here.

http://www.blackhandathens.tk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:01 am 
Frequent Member

Nannari wrote:
yer. I'm only lvl 25, but im lvling fast-ish, and i'll be 30 soon.

IGN: Nannari
Level: 25 at 30%
Ex. Guild: Eldest

Left my old guild because they never talked, never really had guild happenings. Seems to me like BlackHand is a bit more active.

PM me ingame, neh? (=

Eldest just joined my guild's alliance today and we just did a union trade run!!! DW to hotan and then hotan to jangan.

Post subject: BH new forum
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:38 am 

Nat, your link doesn't seem to work for some reason.

I hope this works: http://z3.invisionfree.com/BlackHand_Alliance

ImageImage