Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
Hey guys.. It has been a very long time I last played Silkroad, over 8 years. Wow.. That sounded really long time when I say it our loud :)

Whatever.. I just wondered how it is going on Silkroad and installed the game.. Opened a new char on Kali server on Joymax side of the game. Looks pretty dead.. Very few people in Downhang and Hotan.. I saw noone at the pvp area of Downhang.

Here are my questions. Would be veru appreciated if there are any active player here:

1- I wonder if I am not aiming to level up fast and enjoy the game maybe 1 or 2 hours at most a day, which version of Silkroad should I choose, Silkroad or Silkroad-R?
2- Which server should I join?
3- Are EU chars still overpowered? Actually I have never liked EU chars, I am a fan of full str glaiver.

I have no chance to go back to my old char as I deleted it many years ago when I quit. If I decide to play, I will start over. (actually I opened a ful str glaiver already and I am at testing phase. But if you tell me to change the game version or server I can start from level 1)

BTW rofl at my signature ... good old times

Thank you in advance for your reply :)

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1137
Location:
Troy
I'd say the same reasons you had when you quit 8 years ago are still valid, and unless there will be some serious policy changes this will not change. If you truly wish to play an MMORPG again, I'd suggest finding a better one than SRO. There's plenty of them out there. :)

_________________
[88] Vivace
Pure INT Bard/Cleric, Bard 88, Cleric 88

[83] Pinokkio
Pure INT Force Nuker, Force 83, Cold 83, Lightning 83, Fire 60

[81] Sybian
Pure INT KD Nuker, Bicheon 81, Cold 81, Lightning 81, Fire 60


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
Actually I tried some but none of them seemed fun to me.
Closest one to SRO is DK Online (Dragon Knights). But I hate that there are no mp pots in the game but mp regen pots which is way too expensive.
I hate WOW type cartoonish games. I hate the ones you need to use WASD to move and to be able to hit you should face the enemy ones.
I could not find a game of my taste. Would be appreciated to get some game suggestions.

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5672
Location:
Aege
AnarChaos wrote:
Actually I tried some but none of them seemed fun to me.
Closest one to SRO is DK Online (Dragon Knights). But I hate that there are no mp pots in the game but mp regen pots which is way too expensive.
I hate WOW type cartoonish games. I hate the ones you need to use WASD to move and to be able to hit you should face the enemy ones.
I could not find a game of my taste. Would be appreciated to get some game suggestions.

Honestly, you should check out the WarriorsWay private server. It has been up for two years now, and still have a small, but active, legit player base. The admins keep improving the game and do regular events.

Here's the official thread for the game: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=136180

Definitely the best place if you're looking to just play a few hours every day :)

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
ltsune wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:
Actually I tried some but none of them seemed fun to me.
Closest one to SRO is DK Online (Dragon Knights). But I hate that there are no mp pots in the game but mp regen pots which is way too expensive.
I hate WOW type cartoonish games. I hate the ones you need to use WASD to move and to be able to hit you should face the enemy ones.
I could not find a game of my taste. Would be appreciated to get some game suggestions.

Honestly, you should check out the WarriorsWay private server. It has been up for two years now, and still have a small, but active, legit player base. The admins keep improving the game and do regular events.

Here's the official thread for the game: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=136180

Definitely the best place if you're looking to just play a few hours every day :)


Hmmm thank you for the info.. I will try it.. I hope it has active and talkative players who speaks english.. I would be very bored to play with lots of Bulgarian speaking people :D

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
Ltsune.. I am sorry but that server is a joke.. NOONE in jangan.. 1 person in Downhang.. 1 person in Hotan it is a dead server imo :(

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9498
Location: Plymouth, University
i come back a couple years ago, its devoid of legit players now. Before i quit for good i bought some gold, got a level boost from a bot and enjoyed some of the higher level stuff you will never reach without a team of legit players.

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
i come back a couple years ago, its devoid of legit players now. Before i quit for good i bought some gold, got a level boost from a bot and enjoyed some of the higher level stuff you will never reach without a team of legit players.

Well.. As I said I am not aiming to level fast.. I just want to have fun with some friends maybe one hour a day.. I am not even sure if I will be able to log in everyday or not either.

BTW if you open an account on Joymax you get Seal of Star gear for every degree until 72 lvl (not sure about the level, can't remember). If you open an account on JCPlanet, you get those and also you get seal of sun +5 weapons until 72 level (can't remember exactly what level) and 100.000 SP.

My cousin is curious about the situation of the game too who has played the game for a long time and quit long time ago. We will give it a try for a while.

I will share the results ;)

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:50 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 9498
Location: Plymouth, University
its empty though, literally no one around to talk to as everyone bots and unless you are really high level theres nothing fun to do pvp is all for those over level 120, same with much of the newer content that no legit has ever seen. honestly if you want a game to play with mates that you can realistically enjoy for only a couple hours here and there try world of warcraft sure you have to pay but for what you get its not bad

_________________
MaStEr
Image
credits zelzin ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
Thank you for the advise but I have never liked the look of WOW.. seems so childish/cartoonish to me. If Silkroad fails for me to have fun enough, I can still go on to play DK online ;)
BTW Kali server has 100 cap not 120 as others. And there are lots of low level active players as I see. As they are low level I didn't see any botters yet but unfortunately i am sure there will be lots of them as I level up. :/

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:56 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5672
Location:
Aege
AnarChaos wrote:
Thank you for the advise but I have never liked the look of WOW.. seems so childish/cartoonish to me. If Silkroad fails for me to have fun enough, I can still go on to play DK online ;)
BTW Kali server has 100 cap not 120 as others. And there are lots of low level active players as I see. As they are low level I didn't see any botters yet but unfortunately i am sure there will be lots of them as I level up. :/

That's why I've preferred WarriorsWay over the original Silkroad game these past few years.

The players on WarriorsWay all speak English (the Bulgarian players are long gone at this point), there's a small but active group of players, there are absolutely 0 bots, and the community is the friendliest I've seen in my years of playing Silkroad.

Ultimately, I'd rather play with 20-30 great players than 2000 bots that are afk 24/7 :)

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:50 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
ltsune wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:
Thank you for the advise but I have never liked the look of WOW.. seems so childish/cartoonish to me. If Silkroad fails for me to have fun enough, I can still go on to play DK online ;)
BTW Kali server has 100 cap not 120 as others. And there are lots of low level active players as I see. As they are low level I didn't see any botters yet but unfortunately i am sure there will be lots of them as I level up. :/

That's why I've preferred WarriorsWay over the original Silkroad game these past few years.

The players on WarriorsWay all speak English (the Bulgarian players are long gone at this point), there's a small but active group of players, there are absolutely 0 bots, and the community is the friendliest I've seen in my years of playing Silkroad.

Ultimately, I'd rather play with 20-30 great players than 2000 bots that are afk 24/7 :)

It is for sure.. quality > quantity .. If we could get all legit players on one server e.g. Warrior's Way that would be fantastic.. But it is more harder to convince legit people to leave their char which they have worked on several months/years and start over at a server that they can't predict everything will be perfect than the botters to leave their much higher level chars which they didn't even show much effort on.

As you can see at my signature, I was one of the fans and players of Silkroad Salvation who has left their chars at offical Silkroad servers. I was long gone before it gets closed down and I don't even know what happened to that server. (really what did happen to Silkroad Salvation? :/)

I think it is utopia to find a server full of legits and fun at the same time as people, especially this generation, tent to choose the easiest and mostly the wrong way to achieve what they want without even noticing they are killing the thing what they actually want.

Let's cut to the short... I would join a server which is full of legits but not just 300 people :/
I think we should use a software as gold botters use to spam the shit for calling all legit players to join a full legit server.. I would definetely join that server if i see a message like this: "Are you sick of bots and paying lots for nothing? Join xxxx server where no bots allowed and lots of fun for free" 8)

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Last edited by AnarChaos on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:09 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 569
Location: London
AnarChaos wrote:
ltsune wrote:
AnarChaos wrote:
Thank you for the advise but I have never liked the look of WOW.. seems so childish/cartoonish to me. If Silkroad fails for me to have fun enough, I can still go on to play DK online ;)
BTW Kali server has 100 cap not 120 as others. And there are lots of low level active players as I see. As they are low level I didn't see any botters yet but unfortunately i am sure there will be lots of them as I level up. :/

That's why I've preferred WarriorsWay over the original Silkroad game these past few years.

The players on WarriorsWay all speak English (the Bulgarian players are long gone at this point), there's a small but active group of players, there are absolutely 0 bots, and the community is the friendliest I've seen in my years of playing Silkroad.

Ultimately, I'd rather play with 20-30 great players than 2000 bots that are afk 24/7 :)

It is for sure.. qualitty > quantity .. If we could get all legit players on one server e.g. Warrior's Way that would be fantastic.. But it is more harder to convince legit people to leave their char which they have worked on several months/years and start over at a server that they can't predict everything will be perfect than the botters to leave their much higher level chars which they didn't even show much effort on.

As you can see at my signature, I was one of the fans and players of Silkroad Salvation who has left their chars at offical Silkroad servers. I was long gone before it gets closed down and I don't even know what happened to that server. (really what did happen to Silkroad Salvation? :/)

I think it is utopia to find a server full of legits and fun at the same time as people, especially this generation, tent to choose the easiest and mostly the wrong way to achieve what they want without even noticing they are killing the thing what they actually want.

Let's cut to the short... I would join a server which is full of legits but not just 300 people :/
I think we should use a software as gold botters use to spam the shit for calling all legit players to join a full legit server.. I would definetely join that server if i see a message like this: "Are you sick of bots and payşng lots for nothing? Join xxxx server where no bots allowed and lots of fun for free" 8)


You will be lucky if you find a server with 50 legit players :)

_________________
IGN: Active
Do Not look at spoiler
Spoiler!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:35 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
sibiumarius wrote:
You will be lucky if you find a server with 50 legit players :)


Mehh.. I am sure about that.. But that would be so much fun. :)
Well.. Let's see how it goes with official SRO.. if it does not work for me, I would find a private server or go back to DK online or any other MMORPG :/

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:53 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 568
Location: SILKROAD SALVATION
I am sick of getting disconnected from the server in official silkroad online. I am not going to pay for just being able to get in to a game ever again.

Whatever.. I have found a private server named Origin Online which does not allow bots and quite good amount of players.. I will give it a try.. Anyone who wants to join me you can find me there.

Level 80 cap, both chn and eu chars.. Chn chars 240 mastery level, eu chars 160 mastery level. Looks pretty good to me. There are not much players in Jangan and Downhang but Hotan is full of players as most of them has already reached to the 80 lvl cap.

You can visit their homepage: https://playorigin.com/

Wanna join me?? You can pm me in gane if I am online :)

Char name: AnarChaos

Noob glavier atm ;)

_________________
Image
Image
http://silkroadsalvation.com/forum.php?referrerid=276


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5672
Location:
Aege
AnarChaos wrote:
It is for sure.. quality > quantity .. If we could get all legit players on one server e.g. Warrior's Way that would be fantastic.. But it is more harder to convince legit people to leave their char which they have worked on several months/years and start over at a server that they can't predict everything will be perfect than the botters to leave their much higher level chars which they didn't even show much effort on.

As you can see at my signature, I was one of the fans and players of Silkroad Salvation who has left their chars at offical Silkroad servers. I was long gone before it gets closed down and I don't even know what happened to that server. (really what did happen to Silkroad Salvation? :/)

I think it is utopia to find a server full of legits and fun at the same time as people, especially this generation, tent to choose the easiest and mostly the wrong way to achieve what they want without even noticing they are killing the thing what they actually want.

Let's cut to the short... I would join a server which is full of legits but not just 300 people :/
I think we should use a software as gold botters use to spam the shit for calling all legit players to join a full legit server.. I would definetely join that server if i see a message like this: "Are you sick of bots and paying lots for nothing? Join xxxx server where no bots allowed and lots of fun for free" 8)

To be honest, nearly all legit players ARE already playing on just one or two servers - Origin and WarriorsWay.

The difference is that Origin has had bots for a long time with the GM not really doing a whole lot about it, whereas WarriorsWay has never had a working bot for more than a week :) Also, WarriorsWay has been around for over 2 years already - it's not going away, no matter how few players it has. That's why I enjoy playing there still. Even though I only play a few times per month some times.

The sad news is that there just aren't that many legit players left. Probably around 200-300 in total across all servers (official and private). So I'm afraid you'll never be able to find what you're looking for, mate. It sucks :soosad:

Regarding Salvation, the player count eventually decreased to the point that the server died out. They weren't willing to make changes and updates to the game because it would upset the nostalgic players. But that decision made it boring for hardcore players who had already achieved it all, and so it died out :/

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anyone out there ? :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:09 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 217
Location:
Jsro
For casual fun I can recommend you NGE Silkroad. It's an instant cap non-bot Lv110 server. Everything is for free; no donation possible and really easy to "catch up" (I hate that term...). The player amount is very low though...that vicious circle is caused by players that immediately quit because "nobody online". It doesn't mean that the server is dead. We do regular activities mostly organized via Discord chat such as Forgotten World dungeon, Jupiter Temple dungeon or PT Survival Arena.

http://www.ngesro.website/en/


[SD]Master_Wong wrote:
same with much of the newer content that no legit has ever seen

That's not true.^^

_________________
Valkiria ・ Lv 130 ・ WIZクレ ・ jSRO-R
★Valkyria★ ・ Lv 120 ・ ヲリ ・ jSRO-R
「Silkroad Blog」
「Silkroad Videos」

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group