Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Paid Character Transfer, what's YOUR view on this matter?
Yes, i think that such a feature would benefit both ISRO as myself. They'll get some extra cash in the kitty and i can keep my char but only an another server! 55%  55%  [ 12 ]
No, i really like my current server and wouldn't leave it for all the gold in the world! Fine as it is, i'd rather level 1 to levelcap AGAIN! 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Paid Character Transfer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:29 pm 

Blizzard (yeah known for the WarCraft series) has a very special feature with WoW open to all registered members where they can have their character transfered from one server to the other, also known as the Paid Character Transer. If you're not familiar with this i'd suggest you click this link and start reading.

If there are any GM's or SR Assistants reading this i really hope you people will at least consider to hold a debate on this matter with the ISRO development team.

As most of us have a main char on whatever server that's high level we would never consider to leave the current (populated/overcrowded) server to create and develop another char on a whole new server (which will be populated/overcrowded in a months` time). Why desert your lvl69 pure char with all buffs and weap skills maxed and that together with unlimited resources to join a new server and start all over? well even the newbies wouldn't consider to desert their char in which they've invested lots of time and money.

It might be a hassle in an administrative way or even a logistical matter, but people would actually pay $25 or more if they could transfer their current char to an other server. ofcourse just as blizzard has done with this feature, there should be strict limitations what char, resources, server is concerned.

for example:
Quote:
char restrictions
* minimum level char (for example 10 or 20)
* guild related (guild status, leave, transfer rights etc)
* msgbox related (clear that historybuffer/database)

resource restrictions
* maximum allowed amount of gold carried per 10 levels
for example: lvl10~19 .5 gold // lvl20~29 1mill // lvl30~39 3mill - lvl40~49 5mill // lvl50~59 10 mill // lvl 60~69 15 mill
* all storage items will be transfered intact (including gold on bank?)
* all inventory items will be transfered intact

server restrictions
* depending on popularity and population of server and char/resource information it will be decided wether your account will be open for paid character transfer (100% allowance ofcourse, get all that money)

Character Transfer will only be allowed every 3/6 months.

these are just my own suggestions based on the paid character transfer structure by blizzard entertainment for WoW. i really hope that you people will in the least talk about this, and ofcourse some media communication about this matter to be displayed on the sro.net frontpage in the form of a daily FAQ.

post your opinions, and my topic has become quite lenghty as well :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:30 pm 

came with the idea with the upcoming new server and today's FAQ concerning the stall feature, i vote yes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:37 pm 
Loyal Member

I'm voting NO, but hey if you only could take some money with you on your char, but everyting on your bank-account.. doesn't make sense, does it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:37 pm 
Common Member

Venice is fine for me, no probs what so ever, so no need to change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:48 pm 
Common Member

i would pay 100 dollar's to be able to get into the ..... server my char is on, i dont care what server, just being able to get into the server is rough enough.

No one loves me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:52 pm 
Banned User

I voted yes, not because I want to switch or not, but it is a good idea and I'm sure some people would do it.

To tell you the truth at the moment I would consider it. I've had more than enough with the difficulty of logging into Troy, and some recent events have pissed me off causing me to leave my guild, then followed up by other minor events making me decide to stay guildless for some good time while I think things through.