Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: I want to talk about this.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:23 pm 

• Using high level imbue (lv.9 poison fire force)
    (268-446)

• Using first level imbue (lv.9 - maxed)
    (50-83 dmg)

Full Str bow. Question is, should we max our imbue? I mean, for greater damage, we should, but I think there are better places to invest those 10 masteries instead at maxed (lets say fire).

Does this shows Chineses that should be hybrids? To gain more damage from imbues / meele attacks?
Will it really matter if I have 100 pacheon 90 fire 60 light 50 ice? (I wont do that tho)
I'm sure I'll be able to kill, since people in escro are able to kill 9th degree people, using only 70skills and imbue...

I hit that mob ~ 4700 without imbue.
Your toughts? Are we overfarming and overdoing this game?
Are we playing this game wrong? And wondering why Warrior/Cleric kills us, when we are in garments?

Post subject: Re: I want to talk about this.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:36 pm 
Common Member

good thought.
and to be honest i never supported the opinion of having a full Str or Int >chinese< char.

i think they are perfect for hybrids

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:37 pm 
Common Member

btw whats that black line in the first pic? :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:45 pm 
Valued Member

Saman wrote:
btw whats that black line in the first pic? :D

Awesome paint skill.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:16 pm 
Common Member

It's because a higher imbue will do more damage to someone with high defence (i.e bless spell, skins or even high level chinese defence buffs). For example, a warrior with skins will take about 8k from a wizard's meteor, but if the wizard uses Turnover then he'll do about double that. Turnover only gives a 25% damage increase, but it also gives quite a large magical attack increase, so it's kind of like a higher level warrior without skins (i.e higher defence) being hit by a higher level wizard without Turnover. I don't think I've explained that very well but basically go and do your damage test on lvl 62 mobs and I bet you'll see a bigger difference between the imbues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:17 pm 
Common Member

Hybrids are always good.
If you are a STR Chinese and make let´s say a 8:1 Hybrid, your damage with Crit is lower, but your average damage without crit is getting better. And if you PvP, you can use higher Snow-Shields, but therefor you have to add much INT-points.
The imbue isn´t that important for STRs, only for INT because the get 8/10 of their damage from the imbue. So for STRs the Imbue doesn´t have to be maxed, but the difference between the Weapon- and the Imbuemastery should be that big... about 30 mastery are the max I think.

Sorry if I misunderstood something :P
(BTW Saman, fix you Sig. There is no Lv 85 Sun ;])

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:22 pm 
Ex-Staff

70:70 light/ice/heuksal 90 in garms or protectors is a tough cookie. If you want extra damage throw in fire and do 90/90/60/60.
Or 5:1 Blader. Or 3:1 Glaiver. 3:1 int spear or sword is good too. 90% Physical is nice for bow too. Yes, I like hybs a lot. :P

I have a lot of trial accounts on Ecsro. I always delete them at 6th deg though. =/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:23 pm 
Frequent Member

did you do multi trials lol? and get the average damage...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:24 pm 

Mango wrote:
It's because a higher imbue will do more damage to someone with high defence (i.e bless spell, skins or even high level chinese defence buffs). For example, a warrior with skins will take about 8k from a wizard's meteor, but if the wizard uses Turnover then he'll do about double that. Turnover only gives a 25% damage increase, but it also gives quite a large magical attack increase, so it's kind of like a higher level warrior without skins (i.e higher defence) being hit by a higher level wizard without Turnover. I don't think I've explained that very well but basically go and do your damage test on lvl 62 mobs and I bet you'll see a bigger difference between the imbues.

Attachment:
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 144.41 KiB | Viewed 9741 times ]

Attachment:
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 163.82 KiB | Viewed 9730 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:25 pm 

Bop wrote:
did you do multi trials lol? and get the average damage...

Poison fire force lv.9 hitted 5700 on that spider once ... same as max of lv.9 first imbue ...
6400 is hardest I could get.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:34 pm 

imbue is a good investment of sp, it will increase damage. whether you need it or not, it does help. pure STR chars will notice it more.

we are not over farming. because every1 else is farming they have more weapons in there inventory if you like... a underfarmed char, or just.... less farmed char whatever build just doesnt have enough fire power compared to those of over farmed characters.

but i see what you mean, with less sp. you can still do well for yourself. just look at 1 mastery nukers, light nukers are v good at lvling and need hardly sp! people just need sp in excess to say LOL I HAVE MAX EVERYTHING lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:37 pm 
Banned User

Yeah i think chinese are meant to be hybrids. Thats the reason why im a hybrid str bower :D

Thýs ýs Murat. Copy Murat ýn you sýgnature to make turkey many strong.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:42 pm 

penfold1992 wrote:
imbue is a good investment of sp, it will increase damage. whether you need it or not, it does help. pure STR chars will notice it more.

we are not over farming. because every1 else is farming they have more weapons in there inventory if you like... a underfarmed char, or just.... less farmed char whatever build just doesnt have enough fire power compared to those of over farmed characters.

but i see what you mean, with less sp. you can still do well for yourself. just look at 1 mastery nukers, light nukers are v good at lvling and need hardly sp! people just need sp in excess to say LOL I HAVE MAX EVERYTHING lol

I'm not saying someone is lazy to farm SP ... I'm just saying that someone should invest 15 masteries in ice, instead in 90 fire...

But one thing is for certain, weapon mastery should be maxed for pure str, imbue should be maxed for pure int.
Wait, I dont think there should be pure ints
(ofcourse - fire/light/ice 90 will do pure int - weaker version of Wizards, why dont we do wizard instead?).
But the others, like hybrid spear and so on... Hybrid s/s nuker will be able to kill... if bladers are able, then s/s would ...

I dont know what I'll do with my bower ... I'm afraid to put it hybrid and try 80 fire or something... I'll most likely add my last 10 levels into Int.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:13 pm 

Cavalorn wrote:
Yeah i think chinese are meant to be hybrids. Thats the reason why im a hybrid str bower :D

I wouldn´t say that they are meant to be, but it´s a fact that Chinese Hybrids kickz @ss.

And it´s a fact that Hybrids gain much more dmg just by using the imbue, depending on the STR/INT proportion it´s like 2/3 or 3/4 just from the imbue.

Sure it´s possible to be strong as a pure build, but just like Nitro was saying
Nitro wrote:
(ofcourse - fire/light/ice 90 will do pure int - weaker version of Wizards, why dont we do wizard instead?).

If we want a strong pure build, we should think about going European, but if we want to have a strong chinese, the best what we can do is going hybrid.
It´s not as easy to get a good hybrid as to get a good pure, since the choice of the porportion of INT and STR will decide about if u are good or of u are screwing it up, but if u choose right u get a very strong character.

So in the end i would say: if u want a good chinese, then go for Hybrid, but remember to skill Piecring Force, because that will increase ur damage done by the Imbue much.

Tsume wrote:
SilentShade is totally :dope:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm 

Nitro wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

I'm not saying someone is lazy to farm SP ... I'm just saying that someone should invest 15 masteries in ice, instead in 90 fire...

But one thing is for certain, weapon mastery should be maxed for pure str, imbue should be maxed for pure int.
But the others, like hybrid spear and so on... Hybrid s/s nuker will be able to kill... if bladers are able, then s/s would ...

I dont know what I'll do with my bower ... I'm afraid to put it hybrid and try 80 fire or something... I'll most likely add my last 10 levels into Int.

my point was more so.... what ever char you have, hyb pure str pure int and whatever mastery, there will be a big weakness. hyb is a good option but i think pure STR bladers will always be the best tankers by far. i would make a hyb if i knew it didnt suck at a high lvl (theres no many hyb's so i dnt reli kno good hyb builds but the glavie)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:42 pm 

I think that any balance you make, you will not screw your character (except you add waay too much int - but as we can see, full int works great, so other should.)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:45 pm 
Forum God

Comparison of max dmg:
446 - 83 = 363

Because your fire mastery is 62 => total difference ~ 363 * 1.67 = 606 dmg (5% from avatar)

In general case, when you use fire lvl 90 vs fire lvl 100, what you lost is not just the power of the imbue, but also the 10% mastery mag boost from weapon mag power
(weapon mag power + reinforce*int + imbue power) * 1.mastery * other multiplier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:49 pm 

^But since im full STR, would that effect my damage big time?
I dont think so.

More evidence - with high level character
Vandango's screenshots
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:37 pm 

Nice. I didn't know imbue was that unimportant. Force debuffs would increase your damage more than having a higher imbue :D .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:00 pm 

I'm thinking of making 90 Pacheon, 80 Fire, 80 Light, 50 Ice...
For 100 cap - 100 Pacheon, 90 Fire, 80 Light, 30 Ice...

I'll hybridize my build a little - adding 30 Int for 90th cap (80 --> 90 pumping int only)
For 100 cap I'll put 15 str and 15 int...

Thinking of doing that ... whats your toughts?
Edit: nah I prolly wont... I see no use of 50 ice ... only +18 physical defense...
But I'll keep it at lv.30 as it is now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:35 pm 
Common Member

im planning on making a 70:70 bow... 90Pach/Light/Ice... seen them in action and they do really well

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:37 pm 
Banned User

Nitro wrote:
I'm thinking of making 90 Pacheon, 80 Fire, 80 Light, 50 Ice...

80 light/50 cold vs 70 light/60 cold

Lvl 50 Cold
*18 phy defence buff
*18 phy defence from passive
*33% snow shield

Lvl 60 Cold
*42 phy defence buff
*42 phy defence from passive
*both 40% and 35% snow shields

Lvl 70 Light
*16% magical attack increase buff
*67% moving speed increase
*21 meter phantom
*29 parry ratio buff
*29 parry ratio passive

Lvl 80 Light
*17% magical attack increase buff
*73% moving speed increase
*22 meter phantom
*31 parry ratio buff
*31 parry ratio passive
*light imbue (even though fire is stronger)

So your choice is a new snow shield and 48 phy defence or 1% more magical damage, 6% moving speed, 1 meter phantom increase and 4 parry ratio. I know which one i would pick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 pm 

Sorry but nothing beats the blue phantom :love:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm 
Banned User

Nitro wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

By sacrificing fire, you lose some Mag defense, which isn't the be-all and end-all. You also lose a slight increase in phy attack and imbue, that's pretty much it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:15 pm 

Be smart by doing what Joymax has stated from the beginning, DO ONLY 2 MASTERIES AS A CHINESE.

The problem with iSro is that every one thinks in terms of solo when the game is meant to be played as a team. With this said, yes you can be a hybrid but personally Joymax made weapons hybrid so that you can choose to be pure int or pure str with the same mastery.

To me, chinese hybrids are meant for solo and chinese pures are meant for party.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:24 pm 

HawaiianMix wrote:
Be smart by doing what Joymax has stated from the beginning, DO ONLY 2 MASTERIES AS A CHINESE.

The problem with iSro is that every one thinks in terms of solo when the game is meant to be played as a team. With this said, yes you can be a hybrid but personally Joymax made weapons hybrid so that you can choose to be pure int or pure str with the same mastery[/color].

To me, chinese hybrids are meant for solo and chinese pures are meant for party.

I dont get that? ...
Joymax putted higher physical damage on Blade, and higher magical damage on Sword.
They putted higher physical damage on Glavie, and higher magical damage on Spear.

Higher physical damage - you can be hybrid STR.
Higher magical damage - you can be hybrid INT.

I dont think they ever meant that Chinese are pure... They made Euro, and only Euros to be pure ... If they meant Chineses to be Pure, Glavie would have only physical damage, and there wouldnt be imbue.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:36 pm 
Forum God

Nitro, i didn't understand why you want to hybridize your char? Do you know that hybrid relies on imbue. By decreasing 10% mag power and imbue power, isn't it cut a part of the source of your power?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:45 pm 

Well... I know that hybrids deal higher damage ... Didnt I hear somewhere on this forums... that game is that perfectly made, that any balance , full int, or full str, or even 70:70 (any balance), with a critical hit - considering they have same weapon / gear - will hit the same amount.

I feel like I cannot kill anything with STR bow at cap...
I cant imagine 90 Fire, 90 Light, 90 Pacheon, 30 Ice killing anything, especially blader...
I cannot go without 90 Pacheon, nor 90 Fire ... I want Light and speed soooo badly ... (Thinking of cutting it to 80 - but then 40 Ice means nothing) ...

So I'm thinking of hybridizing ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:51 pm 

Nitro wrote:
I dont get that? ...
Joymax putted higher physical damage on Blade, and higher magical damage on Sword.
They putted higher physical damage on Glavie, and higher magical damage on Spear.

Higher physical damage - you can be hybrid STR.
Higher magical damage - you can be hybrid INT.

I dont think they ever meant that Chinese are pure... They made Euro, and only Euros to be pure ... If they meant Chineses to be Pure, Glavie would have only physical damage, and there wouldnt be imbue.

If Joymax wanted Chinese to be hybrid they would have stated that. This is very simple to answer without being there from the start.

Look at how both Chinese and European masteries are set up. CHINESE AND EUROPEAN ARE NOT THE SAME. European uses only 1 mastery for each build so it's very easy to choose between a int or str based character.

Chinese are different in that BOTH STR AND INT BASED CHARACTERS SHARE MASTERIES. You are suppose to choose 1 weapon master and 1 force mastery. That has never changed and 300 mastery points will never change. I have nothing against hybrids using only 2 masteries BUT if you look at all of the updates and THE FUTURE updates, they are geared towards PURES.

You can disagree or not but the facts have always been that the game will become team play with pures unless you can fix a hybrid to work with 2 masteries. I can bet you that Joymax will offer str/int allocation for item mall in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:06 am 
Casual Member

I think that Chinese are ment to be hybrid, but not like 2:1
I reckon that balances like 85-90% (nakey) are best because they allow str's to have high crits but also get more damage from imbue...whereas ints still get hardarse nukes but more hp.

My 2c.