Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beware of fake GMs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:04 am 
Common Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:05 am 
Veteran Member

yes...

but it should be resolved now after that "chat fraud prevention" thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:13 am 
Forum God

user wrote:
yes...

it didnt solve the people actually running around with GM_balahaba names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:14 am 

Zypher wrote:
user wrote:
yes...

Or [] to be honest.

"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:28 am 
Forum God

MastaChiefX wrote:
Zypher wrote:
user wrote:
yes...

Or [] to be honest.

same thing

some people dont know anybetter either or

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:09 am 

user wrote:
yes...

but it's not resolved now after that "chat fraud prevention" thing

Updated for you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:02 am 
Banned User

Ok, The point of Having a fake GM name is to Disconnect Botters, The fake GM will sit outside of DW or something and the Botter will see the Gm name and Disconnect, I know this because I have been researching it and a Fake GM person told me, usually they dont look for your password or ask you about it so dont worry too much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:19 am 
Forum God

i dont care if the fake GMs were naked girls about to take me to heaven to see God. I still think they are dumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:04 am 

meh this is what I do to the fakes

Level: 7x
Build: Hybrid Int Nuker
Wolf: Jinx lvl 7x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:22 am 
Casual Member

I reckon,
That fakes are try-hard noobs with no lifes.
They should learn to be a normal player like the rest of us.
If you see one,Tell them to get ****ed :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:27 am 
Loyal Member

xXxownedxXx wrote:
I reckon,
I reckon that you should respect those who choose to mess around with the files more. Is it better for a few people to fake GMs and gather massive attention so that it is fixed? Or would you rather have scammers making them, hiding them in some corner of the map, and trying to get people's account info? Joymax wouldn't have fixed this if it wasn't so blatantly displayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:28 am 
Addicted Member

Cruor wrote:
xXxownedxXx wrote:
I reckon,
I reckon that you should respect those who choose to mess around with the files more. Is it better for a few people to fake GMs and gather massive attention so that it is fixed? Or would you rather have scammers making them, hiding them in some corner of the map, and trying to get people's account info? Joymax wouldn't have fixed this if it wasn't so blatantly displayed.

actually i am glad such people still exist so big thumb up for the one who made it "public"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 am 
Retired Admin

This is what i posted on SRO.net, before you Vandango. :P So i guess this might be good to post it here:

As many of you may or may not know, today there were multiple sightings of different [GM]’s on different servers. We had

Venice- [GM]PopCorn
http://xs114.xs.to/xs114/07163/gmlol.JPG
Athens- [GM]Gavran
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3644/gm2uk7.jpg

Do not be fooled, these as far as we know are FAKE [GM] accounts, someone has managed to crack the In Game security which stops people from creating [GM] in their name. How do we know that these are fake GM’s? We use a simply check method.

1st, We have always been told that real GM’s speak in Pink writing. No exceptions, and we have also been told that when a GM PMs you in game, if you want proof that it is a real GM you can request for him to speak in Pink.

2nd, In one of the Screen Shot’s of the fake Venice GM. He was spotted as saying, and I quote *What the hell… im in a guild?*. Now, I believe that it would be very improper for a GM to speak like this.

3rd, If the people who are in the guild that *PopCorn* joined had managed to look, I am pretty sure that it would have said Level 1 not 100.

4th, Although the real GM’s English is not perfect, I am sure that they would not speak in alternating capitals and standard. I.e. ThEy WoUlD nOt TaLk liKe DisS. *PopCorn* was spotted speaking like this.

5th, the GMs were not wearing the blue GM armor. It is true that other real GMs have been spotted not wearing the armor, but they at least spoke in Pink text.

However, today we did get visited by a real GM.
Xian- [GM]Gargamel
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/847/gmguildht4.jpg

From the above Screen Shot we can see that Gargamel did complete the real GM requirements
1st, Gargamel was wearing GM armor
2nd, Gargamel was LvL 100
3rd, Gargamel was talking in Pink.

Also, Possible supportive evidence is the damage that Gargamel did.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8964/gmpunchgw2.jpg

Yes, that is 10,790 damage from a punch.

My explanation for today’s happenings?
Someone has cracked and hacked the client. Allowing them to create a [GM] name. This is just going to cause more problems, possibly big ones for the SRO team. Thus delaying anything that they might have planned for us, remember guys every time one of us does something like this, it pushes any update or hope for an update further and further away...

So, be warned and do not be fooled. Remember, the GMs will NEVER ask for your account details. So do not fall for any scams like that. If the GM who PMs you is *GM_Something*, do not listen, it is not a real GM. Take a Screen Shot, and report it to JoyMax.

If the GM who does PM you has a [GM] tag, then do PM him back, and answer his questions. However, once again I remind you GMs will NEVER ask for your account details. If you believe them to be a fake GM, either by the way they talk, or acting suspicious. Then take a Screen Shot and report it to JoyMax. You could also probably ask him/her to talk in Pink to show you s/he is a real GM.

I hope that this helps, and you do not get fooled into getting your account stolen from you.

If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to help

Key-J ^^,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:44 am 
Casual Member

Angelice wrote:

Funny picture, Devilice. Looks like a prearranged chat convo between the 0x33 members, if not then Rhetoric hasn't told you he "supposively" figured out how to do the GM bracket names now. I don't know for sure if it's him or not, but he did boast about doing it when he was last time on ventrilo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:08 am 
Loyal Member

Anyeong wrote:
Angelice wrote:

Funny picture, Devilice. Looks like a prearranged chat convo between the 0x33 members, if not then Rhetoric hasn't told you he "supposively" figured out how to do the GM bracket names now. I don't know for sure if it's him or not, but he did boast about doing it when he was last time on ventrilo.

"...the sick Anyeong way..."

What is that supposed to mean? :shock:

Crumpets wrote:
If you had sexual intercourse with an 0x33 member who has 'paid' clockwork .. would that be an offense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:42 pm 
Valued Member

you might want to sticky a post about it for the newbies who dont know whats going on. Yesterday i saw one of the fake gms scaming low level by saying they'll change their stuff into sosun, i believe it was a guy from Netwarriors.

yeah it sucks now they have to spend time finding a fix for this instead of updating the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PEKN96aALg8&mode=related&search=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:19 pm 
Loyal Member

Zypher wrote:
i dont care if the fake GMs were naked girls about to take me to heaven to see God. I still think they are dumb.

What if it was Brad Pitt, recently dumped by Angelina Jolie, crying after Zypher?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:22 pm 
Banned User

Cruor wrote:

Most of the time i would disagree
but i have to agree with you curor
but as soon as this "method" was leeked onto the internet
everyone tried it and abused it so it was fixed ASAP to stop a clamaity

"Greed Takes us all Sooner Or Later"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:39 pm 
Valued Member

People should have a sense that higher rank people have a special entereance. Like GM's: Purple font, 3 purple bars of text appearing at your screen, say on chatbox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:43 pm 
Forum Legend

Cruor wrote:
xXxownedxXx wrote:
I reckon,
good point. say Cruor, off the record. Have you made a "GM" account?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:22 pm 

although gms tend to speak using the pink global thingy, so you would know

(don't be fooled by my post count & join date, i've only started playing again after over 2 years, so I am a total noob once again)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:25 pm 

Key-J wrote:
This is what i posted on SRO.net, before you Vandango. :P So i guess this might be good to post it here:

As many of you may or may not know, today there were multiple sightings of different [GM]’s on different servers. We had

Venice- [GM]PopCorn
http://xs114.xs.to/xs114/07163/gmlol.JPG
Athens- [GM]Gavran
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3644/gm2uk7.jpg

Do not be fooled, these as far as we know are FAKE [GM] accounts, someone has managed to crack the In Game security which stops people from creating [GM] in their name. How do we know that these are fake GM’s? We use a simply check method.

1st, We have always been told that real GM’s speak in Pink writing. No exceptions, and we have also been told that when a GM PMs you in game, if you want proof that it is a real GM you can request for him to speak in Pink.

2nd, In one of the Screen Shot’s of the fake Venice GM. He was spotted as saying, and I quote *What the hell… im in a guild?*. Now, I believe that it would be very improper for a GM to speak like this.

3rd, If the people who are in the guild that *PopCorn* joined had managed to look, I am pretty sure that it would have said Level 1 not 100.

4th, Although the real GM’s English is not perfect, I am sure that they would not speak in alternating capitals and standard. I.e. ThEy WoUlD nOt TaLk liKe DisS. *PopCorn* was spotted speaking like this.

5th, the GMs were not wearing the blue GM armor. It is true that other real GMs have been spotted not wearing the armor, but they at least spoke in Pink text.

However, today we did get visited by a real GM.
Xian- [GM]Gargamel
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/847/gmguildht4.jpg

From the above Screen Shot we can see that Gargamel did complete the real GM requirements
1st, Gargamel was wearing GM armor
2nd, Gargamel was LvL 100
3rd, Gargamel was talking in Pink.

Also, Possible supportive evidence is the damage that Gargamel did.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8964/gmpunchgw2.jpg

Yes, that is 10,790 damage from a punch.

My explanation for today’s happenings?
Someone has cracked and hacked the client. Allowing them to create a [GM] name. This is just going to cause more problems, possibly big ones for the SRO team. Thus delaying anything that they might have planned for us, remember guys every time one of us does something like this, it pushes any update or hope for an update further and further away...

So, be warned and do not be fooled. Remember, the GMs will NEVER ask for your account details. So do not fall for any scams like that. If the GM who PMs you is *GM_Something*, do not listen, it is not a real GM. Take a Screen Shot, and report it to JoyMax.

If the GM who does PM you has a [GM] tag, then do PM him back, and answer his questions. However, once again I remind you GMs will NEVER ask for your account details. If you believe them to be a fake GM, either by the way they talk, or acting suspicious. Then take a Screen Shot and report it to JoyMax. You could also probably ask him/her to talk in Pink to show you s/he is a real GM.

I hope that this helps, and you do not get fooled into getting your account stolen from you.

If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to help

Key-J ^^,

:shock: lonmg speech

also check there level, weapon, appearance etc, i seen gms with 3 heads, lvl 100 etc

(don't be fooled by my post count & join date, i've only started playing again after over 2 years, so I am a total noob once again)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:16 pm 
Frequent Member

lol, Zerkpowned w/ Zerk XD (thats kinda how gms damage is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:59 pm 
Valued Member

They do this like once a week =/

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:53 pm 

borat2 wrote:
Cruor wrote:
xXxownedxXx wrote:
I reckon,

actually i am glad such people still exist so big thumb up for the one who made it "public"

This post is funny even though is old thread , i dont think ppl would mind me bumping this :)

Actually im the one who started the PopCorn thing lol.It was actually funny and fun at the same time.I actually created more than 5 characters like this , but they were all left in their spawning area except 2 of them.PopCorn was my first one to come out to public in server Venice.I dont remember that much of my PopCorn except i was being lagged like hell from to many ppl around me and asked many random questions.Also remember that i had to run into the lil lake around jangan to try to run away from all thoes ppl.Didnt work so i signed off like for 2 hrs than singed in again found my self alone and went to jangan south gate again, and thats was the last thing i remember.

But than again PopCorn was not only for Server Venice , was also for server Mars.I remember on mars almost same thing that I did on venice happened , but for the last part of my trip i went to the tiger areas.There the GMS started spamming that dont bee fooled by this impersinating gms and stuff.

Shortly after that everytime i moved i kept on being teleported back to like the tiger areas.Meaning if i get on like a horse or something and moved to somewhere else i get teleported back to the same area in the tiger area. Looks like somebody was fooling with me there lol.ANd last thing was that I received a message from GM Ice Milk saying , Hi this is GM IceMilk , than the disconnect warning message came up, than boom baned lol.

But i also did another character on server Aege, and here are more screenshot lol

Post subject: Re: Beware of fake GMs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:07 pm 
Banned User

Lol, awesome, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:35 pm 
Veteran Member

Screenshots or it didnt happen

Oh wait... Nice :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:41 pm 

Lempi wrote:
Screenshots or it didnt happen

Oh wait... Nice :D

lmao ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:14 pm 

They didn't entirely stop making accounts with [ and ], but I'm still trying to figure out how to get past something in sro_client, as I believe they edited something in the client to stop us from having [GM] accounts

...................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 pm 

ImmortalKiller wrote:
They didn't entirely stop making accounts with [ and ], but I'm still trying to figure out how to get past something in sro_client, as I believe they edited something in the client to stop us from having [GM] accounts

Well i wasent the only one that made them lol.I gave the files to some of my closest partners that helped in figuring this out. And nah its not done by client sided no more. But there is a different way though which will affect server sided.