Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IS KSing a giant ok
Yep, I do it all the time 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
No ITS WRONG 52%  52%  [ 31 ]
Yes I think its ok, but i try not to do it 25%  25%  [ 15 ]
What does KS mean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Giant? wats that 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:07 am 
Frequent Member

Why can't you just be nice to people?
like when they are fighting a giant, make a harmony around them.
Kill other mobs that hitting them?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:09 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

stimmedcow wrote:
Anh_Hung_Rom wrote:
While you're right about people don't have ownership over a mob, it's courtious thing to yield that mob for that person. While the experience is shared, the dropped items go to the person who deal the most damage. Lots of nukers attack Giants after another person attack it because they can nuke from a safe distance. Well that's gay! The other person do all the hard work and you go steal the drops (or hope to). Go find your own giant!

Here's a few things though on the idea of "attacking first". I could be runing towards a giant with zerk ready, waiting to get close before I zerk, and someone with a range attack can "attack it first". Technically then, after I zerk and presumbally kill it, I'd be a ks'er, since the other person attacked first. See where the problem lies? I've had people tell me sorry before for ksing my mobs because they did not see me on the screen. I.e. I'd start atacking and then they would attack and kill it since I'm not using skills.

Nukers are long range attackers as with bow characters, but how many bow characters/nukers you know actually want to tank? As soon as one player starts doing more damage though, the giant will shift it's attack to another person. In fact, I've once seen a time when 3-4 archers had zerked on a bandit giant, and since they were equally doing the same amount of dmg, the bandit would run back and forth between players, not attacking anyone since it was trying to get to the new target each hit.

Sure, if you have a giant down to less than 1/4 hp and someone comes along, I'd give them a piece of my mind too, something along the lines of "thanks, but you're 3/4 hp too late, <insert fav word>" but there's no sense in dwelling on it, really. I'm all for courtiousy when playing, but with giants, it really just depends on the situation.

I've seen people attack giants are aren't doing any damage to it. The HP bar moves slightly slower than a snail in superglue. When you start seeing the red sparles go up (hp pots) then that's a pretty sure sign they can't handle it. Of course they'd consider it kill stealing but it's more of a "for your own good" situation.

So if you find yourself in the situation of encountering a giant:

* Check the area for players before you attack - don't just zerk right away on the first giant you see.

* If someone does come running, type a short sweet message, "ty, but I can handle alone" or "ty, but no hlp needed", or "no ty :)" - to friendly warn them off. When you are mean about it, you give more people an incentive to kill just in spite of you, trust me I've seen this happen a lot. I even talked to a guy once who was murdered by a ks'er afterwards. Talk about real ksing...

* If they do start attacking and are doing more dmg than you, so you know you won't get drops or exp and don't want to waste zerk, kill all the surrounding mobs.

* If you come up to someone killing a giant, don't help unless they ask, or running away spamming pots. Towards the end say something hinting in acknowledging that you did not ks on purpose - you let them have it -- "I can't wait for the next giant", 'come on next giant, spawn for me", etc.... I don't attack other peoples giants, so when I get one, they do not attack mine. (if they do, you're free to ks them on everything else ^^) If you don't want to say anything, just sit down by them so they can see you're not ksing.

* And finally remember, giants aren't as rare as SoX items, more will spawn, so be patient :)

Suprising enough, I just must be lucky with my giants because I rarely get kd'ed. In fact I solo'ed a giant archer, in the bandit den without anyone else attacking. Maybe they were bots lol....

Well put :)

Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.

Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.

Such characters in colour dim I mark'd
Over a portal's lofty arch inscrib'd:
Whereat I thus: Master, these words import

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:21 am 

honestly, i wish there were super duper giants because all this soloing mobs is quite mundane.......it will be so much more immersive if parties were a necessity. all this GET AWAY DONT KS pales in comparison to GIANT AT X,Y EVERYONE COME. i've seen some of those youtube videos with 20 high levelers attacking some giant...we need more of that.

people sound soooooooo dang selfish

what's the point of parties when there's hardly a monster that requires parties? we need raids......and i already know 100 people will post about finding another game and that it's not WOW -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:27 am 
Retired Admin

it's an unspoken rule at higher lvls that if someone is killing a giant, you leave it be. in the caves, we usually trade them off... "hey, another giant here, who wants it?", especially if we have no zerk.

i got into a discussion with the now banned DucK_Head on Xian in a warrior room a few days ago because he was attacking the giant i was zerking. he claimed that since the giant threw a bomb at him before i hit it, it was his giant. HE didn't hit the MOB, IT hit HIM. i thought that was crap, and told him so. if that were the case, then pure strs could run through the rooms and let all the aggro mobs hit them, and no one would be ethically allowed to touch those mobs.

be that as it may, i find that no one bothers me and my giants now, and they haven't or about 20 lvls or so i guess. the first time i noticed having giants to myself was probably all the way back to black robber archers (what is that, 36?). i say it's an unspoken rule.

Bakemaster wrote:
High risk to drop items if you die. High exp loss if you die. SP loss if you die. Not a pretty situation.

But if you can hide somewhere long enough to kill monsters so that your status goes away, you lose nothing. If.

..except the time wasted killing blue mobs...

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:31 am 
Frequent Member

i attack it, i tank it, you stay away from it
why would i want to get less xp if i can kill it with ease?
i hate every stupid xp leecher
mindegyiknek egyenkent a kurva anyja

Quit :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:53 am 
Casual Member

Lol all i think is that giants are meant to be teamed on. Thats why they're there just like Uniques. Personal Opinion.

What i'd say is if the person isn't wasting a zerk on it, it's fine to attack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:57 am 
Frequent Member

In the cave, a giant usually means 1 less full int in the room. xD, so the full ints usually want help with them.

lol sad to say i usualyl dont ask for help cuz i have a pretty nice shield. nor do i offer help to those full ints who ask for it.. more grinding space :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:02 am 
Frequent Member

Nemesis07 wrote:
Lol all i think is that giants are meant to be teamed on. Thats why they're there just like Uniques. Personal Opinion.
i would agree with this, if
a) i couldnt kill a giant without help
b)both sides would benefit from it.
since gaining less xp and probably loosing the drops cant be called a 'benefit', i dont like it
of course, since someone is helping me to kill the giant we kill it faster, so i can move on to other mobs and all. but while running from one mob to the next one i dont gain xp. kiling a giant is like finding 15 mobs, all standing in attack range, allowing me to kill them all without wasting time on running.
and its not only this. its all the reasons listed above.
ksing/xp leeching is a bad bad thing :)

Quit :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:47 am 
Retired Admin

there is another thread on this here. please use it. we don't need multiples.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2