Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IS KSing a giant ok
Yep, I do it all the time 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
No ITS WRONG 52%  52%  [ 31 ]
Yes I think its ok, but i try not to do it 25%  25%  [ 15 ]
What does KS mean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Giant? wats that 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: DO you agree that its not right KSing a giant?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:17 pm 

Hey ppl KS my giants all the time...it drives me crazy...so i wanted to c wat u guys thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:19 pm 

tahts y u make a nuker lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:23 pm 
Ex-Staff

I think its ok to KS a giant...when he dont have zerk and stuff..if he zerk I only kill the other mobs surroding him..I get crazy when I zerked a giant over the half of his hp and then other people are going to kill it...I will never get angry to swear and stuff but still...And a Giant is rarer then like champions and normal mobs so it is a bit selfish when you attack it first and then no one can attack it 2...cuz giants are mostly for a lil exp boost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 pm 
Advanced Member

bleaK wrote:

Nah, a zerked blader can never have his giant ksed by an equal level person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 pm 

What's with all these KS'ing threads as of recent? Where's the poll option for "Do not care"?

Really people, there is no such thing as "ownership" of any monster. Just because you attack it first, does not mean it's "yours". It's a free for all game as most online RPG games are. Just do the most damage to it or don't fight giants in areas with a lot of people around. There are no quests that require a giant to be killed specifically, so there's no point in complaining.

Now people ks'ing regular mobs for quests and champions, that's another story, but giants are free for alls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Two weeks ago I started pking the people who did this to me. I got tired of asking people to stop and they wouldn't listen.

I have noticed that only nukers try and ks giants. So far three have fallen into my trap. I stop to let them take agro, take them out and then let them watch from the ground as I finish it off.

Unfortunately, working off murderer is getting annoying, especially when I have to kill their wolf too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:33 pm 

Silly nukers try KS my giants but 2 books of knockdown and some timing gets them away.

Level: 5X (SP Farming)
Build: P.Str/Fire/Blade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:33 pm 

stimmedcow wrote:
What's with all these KS'ing threads as of recent? Where's the poll option for "Do not care"?

Really people, there is no such thing as "ownership" of any monster. Just because you attack it first, does not mean it's "yours". It's a free for all game as most online RPG games are. Just do the most damage to it or don't fight giants in areas with a lot of people around. There are no quests that require a giant to be killed specifically, so there's no point in complaining.

Now people ks'ing regular mobs for quests and champions, that's another story, but giants are free for alls.

you spend a lot of potions and skills and MP to kill a giant, and when another ks you...they get free hits and shot because the giant mostly keeps on you.
and that is BS! i hate it when people ks my giants

Image x 6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:37 pm 
Advanced Member

MakoShark wrote:
stimmedcow wrote:

you spend a lot of potions and skills and MP to kill a giant, and when another ks you...they get free hits and shot because the giant mostly keeps on you.
and that is BS! i hate it when people ks my giants

If you don't use zerk, a giant is a waste of time and potions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:44 pm 
Common Member

stimmedcow wrote:
giants are free for alls.

agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:45 pm 

you're a blader, use knockdown and stabs and no one will ever beable to KS you unless a nuker can 1hit something.

DOTA2, Age of Conan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:47 pm 
Ex-Staff

Skullbasher62 wrote:
you're a blader, use knockdown and stabs and no one will ever beable to KS you unless a nuker can 1hit something.

true..but knockdown dont always work^^ As a pure int I was able to kill 2 giant white tigers in one zerk @ lvl 21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:51 pm 
Frequent Member

cuchulainn wrote:
bleaK wrote:

Nah, a zerked blader can never have his giant ksed by an equal level person.

As a nuker I can ks bladers giants that are higher level than me. :)

I will only KS a giant if it has 100% HP but I do see someone will attack it. I usually don't even do that unless I am in a bad mood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:00 pm 
Veteran Member

if the giant is under 50% health you shouldn't attack it when its being hit. only time i really ever attack a giant when someone else is if it has full health, the person ksed me normally multiple time, i just don't like them. giants are understandable. its a giant. but normals and even champs, its retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:03 pm 
Loyal Member

stimmedcow wrote:

While you're right about people don't have ownership over a mob, it's courtious thing to yield that mob for that person. While the experience is shared, the dropped items go to the person who deal the most damage. Lots of nukers attack Giants after another person attack it because they can nuke from a safe distance. Well that's gay! The other person do all the hard work and you go steal the drops (or hope to). Go find your own giant!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:14 pm 

don't monsters also attack the one that is doing the most damage to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:17 pm 
Casual Member

For me, giants are worth the pots even without zerk...but as long as it's green or white. They're the only exciting things to kill just cuz their sheer size. And with the extra drops and exp you get from a giant...it makes up for the extra pots and time. Rather than killing 10 regular mobs I'd rather take down one giant anyday.

As far as KS'ing, I try not to do it and am annoyed when others do it to me. Although I did really enjoy ks'ing a giant from a bot the other day...saw a bot on a Hyeongcheon giant...watched it take it down to about 25% health...and then I started attacking it which made the bot run off to find another target. I didn't get as much exp but did get all the drops...and the feeling of ks'ing a giant from a bot...priceless. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:24 pm 

Anh_Hung_Rom wrote:
While you're right about people don't have ownership over a mob, it's courtious thing to yield that mob for that person. While the experience is shared, the dropped items go to the person who deal the most damage. Lots of nukers attack Giants after another person attack it because they can nuke from a safe distance. Well that's gay! The other person do all the hard work and you go steal the drops (or hope to). Go find your own giant!

Here's a few things though on the idea of "attacking first". I could be runing towards a giant with zerk ready, waiting to get close before I zerk, and someone with a range attack can "attack it first". Technically then, after I zerk and presumbally kill it, I'd be a ks'er, since the other person attacked first. See where the problem lies? I've had people tell me sorry before for ksing my mobs because they did not see me on the screen. I.e. I'd start atacking and then they would attack and kill it since I'm not using skills.

Nukers are long range attackers as with bow characters, but how many bow characters/nukers you know actually want to tank? As soon as one player starts doing more damage though, the giant will shift it's attack to another person. In fact, I've once seen a time when 3-4 archers had zerked on a bandit giant, and since they were equally doing the same amount of dmg, the bandit would run back and forth between players, not attacking anyone since it was trying to get to the new target each hit.

Sure, if you have a giant down to less than 1/4 hp and someone comes along, I'd give them a piece of my mind too, something along the lines of "thanks, but you're 3/4 hp too late, <insert fav word>" but there's no sense in dwelling on it, really. I'm all for courtiousy when playing, but with giants, it really just depends on the situation.

I've seen people attack giants are aren't doing any damage to it. The HP bar moves slightly slower than a snail in superglue. When you start seeing the red sparles go up (hp pots) then that's a pretty sure sign they can't handle it. Of course they'd consider it kill stealing but it's more of a "for your own good" situation.

So if you find yourself in the situation of encountering a giant:

* Check the area for players before you attack - don't just zerk right away on the first giant you see.

* If someone does come running, type a short sweet message, "ty, but I can handle alone" or "ty, but no hlp needed", or "no ty :)" - to friendly warn them off. When you are mean about it, you give more people an incentive to kill just in spite of you, trust me I've seen this happen a lot. I even talked to a guy once who was murdered by a ks'er afterwards. Talk about real ksing...

* If they do start attacking and are doing more dmg than you, so you know you won't get drops or exp and don't want to waste zerk, kill all the surrounding mobs.

* If you come up to someone killing a giant, don't help unless they ask, or running away spamming pots. Towards the end say something hinting in acknowledging that you did not ks on purpose - you let them have it -- "I can't wait for the next giant", 'come on next giant, spawn for me", etc.... I don't attack other peoples giants, so when I get one, they do not attack mine. (if they do, you're free to ks them on everything else ^^) If you don't want to say anything, just sit down by them so they can see you're not ksing.

* And finally remember, giants aren't as rare as SoX items, more will spawn, so be patient :)

Suprising enough, I just must be lucky with my giants because I rarely get kd'ed. In fact I solo'ed a giant archer, in the bandit den without anyone else attacking. Maybe they were bots lol....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:07 pm 
Common Member

cuchulainn wrote:
If you don't use zerk, a giant is a waste of time and potions.

Speak for yourself, i just killed 3 ong giants with no zerk, getting me 15000 exp each time. Nukers ftw when it comes to giants, unless someone changes my mind. I have had glaviers 5+ levels above me try and fail to ks my mobs.

:twisted: Nevar!

Build: Pure INT Fire/Lightning
Weapon: 32 + 5 Spear
Wolf: Rooney / Level 31 Pure Str Biter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:19 pm 

zphantom wrote:
don't monsters also attack the one that is doing the most damage to it?

Not necessarily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:34 pm 
Loyal Member

stimmedcow,
I understand what ur saying. I'm talking about people who deliberately go after another person's mob even though his/her has established the fact that he/she was tanking it or knowingly and repeatedly attack the mob that someone is running toward with the sole purpose of killing it first because they can. Those are the punks i'm talking about.

And about tanking, seem to me that if the nuker is far away enough, the giant will head toward the nuker briefly and return to attacking the tanker because the tanker constantly deals damage.

And I agree with the rest of your post. It's a classy approach that I take myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:47 am 

Well in my opinion, PPL DO NOT KS GIANTS. They give good xp (15 times nrml monster) and only 1 person should fight it. I personally h8 when a person comes and starts KSing me, even though i still get the drops, they get part of the xp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:38 am 
Casual Member

I think is really unfair when you are camping a giant spot for $hours, giant spawn, you start to solo it and when you are reaching middle of its HP bar _bam_ the mob gets a critical of 4 chars wich obviously it doesn´t yours; 5 seconds later the giant die and of course you get a crappy SP, crappy EXP and zero items.

Hey high lvl hunters/thieves trade runners, go ahead with your run, let giants to people who was camping/hitting this mob before you came

KS is evil :P

Hellbreath@Xian
1x Pure STR Blader Fire/Light
Proud farmer, of course...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:53 am 
Casual Member

How bad is the penalty for murder?

Build courtesy of Alfred's Healer Guide
Attitude courtesy of Sullon Zek
Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:03 am 

High risk to drop items if you die. High exp loss if you die. SP loss if you die. Not a pretty situation.

But if you can hide somewhere long enough to kill monsters so that your status goes away, you lose nothing. If.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:11 am 
Casual Member

Does that apply only for murder or does assault inflict the status too?

Build courtesy of Alfred's Healer Guide
Attitude courtesy of Sullon Zek
Venice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:19 am 

So far 55% of you guys (myself included) say that its wrong to KS giants, 15% of you say that you do it all the time (Id watch out, if I were you :twisted: ) and 27% of you think its ok, but respect other ppls wishes and dont ks (thats fine with me- as long as u dont do it) and 1 of you havent yet reached lvl 12 and fought Tigers and dont even know what a giant is.

P.S. Bleak i loooove your GIF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:43 am 

Hah I had some guy try to PK me at giant (BTW I had 1st hit with anti devil). I killed giant instead of fighting him, got drops, and let him go murderer. Then BAM res scroll, zerk and owned his butt and a nice +5 armor drop of his. Ressed him and killed him again. Only got an Ok ring that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:53 am 

i KS anything i see!!! i am a monster! RAWR! everyone needs any bit of exp points you can get. whats the point in being nice by not ksing a giant? its not like you're gonna see the player agained u ksed from :P

Oasis
6x
Hybrid Nuker
Spear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:59 am 
Common Member

I really hate it when i'm zerking a giant and some blader comes along and starts knocking it down... then to rub it in, they say "Oh, but I thought you needed help"

i also hate it when i'm lion shouting passive mobs to get them to surround me so I can start dropping meteors and ghost spears on them and some guy comes along and kills them, saying "i thought you needed help"... gee, i probably wouldn't have purposely aggroed all those passive mobs on me if i was afraid i was going to die, would i?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next