Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:07 pm 

i want a GNG server

or at least a pure team pvp one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:26 pm 

Map changes
  • Add zoom function to map
  • Add more teleporters that can be used to teleport to areas in the wilderness (EG, Karakorum, Bandit Fortress)
  • Ability to add custom map notes to your own map (IE small flags to denote issy's spawn areas for future reference, or even little gems for denoting where some monsters you may want to grind on later are at)

PvP Changes
  • Make it so that only players within a certain range of you can PvP with you, OR make level specific PvP capes with level requirements of, say, 6-10 for one bracket, 11-20 for the next, 21-30 for the next, so on and so forth. Give each cape unique appearance.
  • Organized Guild/Union wars (as others have suggested)

PvE Changes
  • Fix respawn time on some monsters (Have heard alot about this for Moles in particular)
  • Raise drop rates on some harder-to-do quests or raise the rewards for said quests
  • Have Exp Gain events from time to time (not much, just throw us 50% bonus exp for a day or two every now and then ^^)
  • Level Cap anyone?

Item Changes
  • New mods for jewelry and such that adds %exp, %dmg, %atk speed, %cast speed, %cooldown, -%mana cost, %health regen, %mana regen, etc so that there are more unique options for jewelry.
  • UNIQUE ITEMS!!!1111111111111
  • Swap colors for male and femal Degree 9 armors (Or change male color to something not-pink.)

Skill Changes
  • Change Castle Shield, Bloody Fan, and <Force> Wall series, so that they are more usable in a PvP situation.
  • Add new force trees for summoning and buffing :D
  • Change Force Passive to encourage healers by adding a) % to effect of heals (IE level 1 passive = +2% to heal effectiveness, or 100-150 ~> 102-151), or b) Make all heals heal an automatic % of target's max HP in addition to the normal effect (IE 100-150 + (0.02 x target's max HP) whenever healed).
  • Book 3 lightning nuke?
  • New KD skills for Bicheon mastery, lvl cap up = KD weaker...
  • (Possibly:) Make % from mastery levels affect magic damage on weapons.

Just a few concepts some already said some my own idea.

SporadicAim 1X - Strength based, Fire / Bow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:13 pm 

Freedom-Fighta wrote:
Map changes
  • Add more teleporters that can be used to teleport to areas in the wilderness (EG, Karakorum, Bandit Fortress)
  • Ability to add custom map notes to your own map (IE small flags to denote issy's spawn areas for future reference, or even little gems for denoting where some monsters you may want to grind on later are at)

PvP Changes
  • Make it so that only players within a certain range of you can PvP with you, OR make level specific PvP capes with level requirements of, say, 6-10 for one bracket, 11-20 for the next, 21-30 for the next, so on and so forth. Give each cape unique appearance.

PvE Changes
  • Fix respawn time on some monsters (Have heard alot about this for Moles in particular)
  • Raise drop rates on some harder-to-do quests or raise the rewards for said quests
  • Have Exp Gain events from time to time (not much, just throw us 50% bonus exp for a day or two every now and then ^^)
  • Level Cap anyone?

Item Changes
  • New mods for jewelry and such that adds %exp, %dmg, %atk speed, %cast speed, %cooldown, -%mana cost, %health regen, %mana regen, etc so that there are more unique options for jewelry.
  • Swap colors for male and femal Degree 9 armors (Or change male color to something not-pink.)

Skill Changes
  • Change Castle Shield, Bloody Fan, and <Force> Wall series, so that they are more usable in a PvP situation.
  • Change Force Passive to encourage healers by adding a) % to effect of heals (IE level 1 passive = +2% to heal effectiveness, or 100-150 ~> 102-151), or b) Make all heals heal an automatic % of target's max HP in addition to the normal effect (IE 100-150 + (0.02 x target's max HP) whenever healed).
  • Book 3 lightning nuke?

Definatly like some of these ideas. I love the idea of being able to add flags or something on to your map to denote certain areas. That would help with uniques grind areas etc.

Ive often thought about having lvl restrictions on PvP but I don't know how well that would work in this game. It would making jobing alot different. Instead I think it would be awsome to have 1 or 2 PvP servers tahn anyone from any server could enter! In these servers there would be lvl restrictions and say leader boards with the best PvP for their lvls and possible prizes. That I think would be awsome!

Exp events would be nice from time to time to show that they do care about us. :D

That would be awsome to be able to have mods like on Jewelery, even if they were hard to get ,but they would be so rewarding. Great idea I think.

It would be awsome to have another skill tree for summoning stuff that would be insane :D. Also I think they need benefits or rewards for people that use the force class. It is need but there is no motivation to use it!

Also there should be more skills past 70, thats just lame. I wish that Joymax would listen to their players and attempt to incorperate some ideas that would be awsome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:27 pm 

Freedom-Fighta wrote:
Map changes

PvP Changes

PvE Changes
  • Level Cap anyone?

Item Changes

Skill Changes
  • Book 3 lightning nuke?

sryy dont like any of these ideas (nice as they r) --

well for me they are sure to just add to the download size of the entire game and they dont add that much to gameplay...

i'd give way all that for a smaller size game focussed on pvp and arenas where u can go max level. the rest of it players can do for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:30 pm 
Veteran Member

The weapon mastery adding magic damage thing is a bad idea, since Fire/Lightning/Ice already boosts nukes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:13 am 

i still want rare candies..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:47 am 

To prevent 1* popping, or to make it a bit harder at least
Have horses that go at speed of 5m (currently is 4m)
Or decrease theif's caravan to 3m and dont modify horse's speed

Also :
A sort of ''Caravan leader''
I mean : you can target him and your camel will fallow HIM, not you
Thats usefull when you want to stay behind to kill theives, that way
ur camel/horse will continue to walk in the good direction.
But, you must stay in a reaonable distance of you camel/horse to counter
people that would just bring 5 camel with them and leave 4 chars in town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:51 am 
Elite Member

doplertin wrote:
i'd give way all that for a smaller size game focussed on pvp and arenas where u can go max level. the rest of it players can do for themselves.

i see uve never played Flyff 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:34 am 

Stackable Elixers

Bot? Buy Gold? Just a general asshole? No worries, you'll be loved.

From America? Prepare to be ass-raped.

>>Done with this forum<<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:04 am 
Casual Member

Natural Disasters

Something more than just rain... Maybe like sand storms in donwang, trees randomly falling, earthquakes that make characters fall into a firy pit ><, caves collapsing randomy lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:23 am 

draquish wrote:
doplertin wrote:

cool i am gso going to try flyff now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:53 am 
Frequent Member

I like all the ideas that Freedom-Fighta made, exept the Bicheon/Heuksal masterys rising magic dmg.

Group or Other Player Buffing

To be able to buff other players. Not all skills would be buffable to other players, only a few but that would make those certain char. and buffs usefull in certain situation. Also group buffs, like Rage (increases phy. attack dmg by 5%, for the caster and all party mamabers around him for xxx seconds) or Magical Defence (increses the magic defence of the caster and all party members around him by 24 for xxx seconds). Or maybe make them only for one member, so u need to cast it on every member uniquely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:21 pm 
Casual Member

Make a wanted list on each guild like the one the fbi got. One for the hunter, thief, and trader. like quest. If u killed the most hunter u be in the hunter wanted list and so. Reward gold should base on whos on the top of the list and sp should base on the lvl on the character of the wanted. It hard and fun 2 hunt down a memeber on silkroad and pls dont make the name red.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 pm 
Valued Member

More RP elements in game, for instance, a church where you can get married. (Me and my female friend would love this, I bet Fly and Nightbloom would too)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:13 pm 
Valued Member

i would like a "Target closest Enemy" hot key

i wish this game had more of a group element to it...

(like guildwars)

along with more PvP

like CTF or gaurd the base...

and better quests!!! like go kill blah blah blah or accompany this person to blah blah...

thatd might be hard though because of us all sharing the same map

but we will see what happens when the europeans come out...

DarkRegime
Avalon alliance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:24 pm 
Casual Member

hmm new pets would be super cool.Natural Disasters would be Awesome. And that rent a weapon idea is pretty cool. I actually want a real ferry trip not paying 500 to warp to the other side but i want an actual boat ride with pirates and monsters in the water!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:56 pm 
Elite Member

doplertin wrote:
draquish wrote:
doplertin wrote:

cool i am gso going to try flyff now!

go on the mushpie server and when u reach lvl 15 holla @ me so we can pvp :D (prepare 2 get pnwed :twisted: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:43 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I would like to see a more refined karma system to discourage high lvls from constantly picking on low lvls. I guess the closest thing that SRO has to a karma system are arrange points, but that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm saying something like, drop your karma from kills on players 5 lvls or more below you or whatever...increase your karma from kills on players 5 lvls or more above...the idea being that your karma affects how much exp/sp/gold you gain from quests/kills/jobs.

Also, there should be a decrease in karma for anyone who constantly dies to lower lvls than him/her.

Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:50 am 

GingerBreadMan wrote:
I would like to see a more refined karma system to discourage high lvls from constantly picking on low lvls. I guess the closest thing that SRO has to a karma system are arrange points, but that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm saying something like, drop your karma from kills on players 5 lvls or more below you or whatever...increase your karma from kills on players 5 lvls or more above...the idea being that your karma affects how much exp/sp/gold you gain from quests/kills/jobs.

Also, there should be a decrease in karma for anyone who constantly dies to lower lvls than him/her.

Just a thought.
People would exploit this system by making several accounts with several characters and then max the karma for that char that they want to level highest/fastest by killing chars on their other accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:46 pm 

Stackable elixirs.

Have guild/union members show on map.

Allow more people union chat permission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:48 am 

Items breaking beyond repairs

Currently you can repair items when their durability goes down to 0 (exceptions are some unique monster loot). What if the system was like this: For each time you repair item, its maximum durability would decrease randomly 0 - 2 points. So eventually item would reach point where its maximum durability is 0 and thus can not be repaired anymore. Luckily we have durability stones to increase items' maximum durability - this would make them more useful. There could be also a new alchemy recipe that could turn item to "Legendary status" which would make it unbreakable - making such item would of course be difficult task and I'm not meaning it should be luck based task as it's now with other alchemy stones (think of hard quest). What this would also do is affect market, this method would work also as a "gold sink" since people wouldn't buy items that had their maximum durability near 0. Some gold would be taken out from market permanently, thus it would bring prices down. This would also keep SoS item amount at reasonable level since some would vanish from market once their maximum durability has reached 0. Keep in mind that even with 0 durability the item wouldn't be worthless, you could always destroy it to elements.

Selling items to NPC shops

Have you noticed that how much those shopkeepers actually have room in their shop and still got only few items? What if they would add to their shop list those items that players have sold to them recently, like 100-200 last sold items would appear in their shop contents - this way you might find some nice items once in a while from NPC shops too.

Job chat channels

Problem in big trade runs is usually communication (for those that don't use team speak / ventrilo) - if you have huge trade run where you have multiple 8 member parties and people from different unions you run into problem that there's no way to inform whole trade caravan on one channel, you have to post to party, union and possible also guild channel to talk with everyone. We need to have a way to set up custom chat channel to which you can invite all people who are joining your job trip. Having global job channels wouldn't work since you don't want to reveal your locations and other info to possible rival guilds - they would just send people to rob your trade run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:29 pm 
Valued Member

Wolf Zerk :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:36 pm 

Nocturjo wrote:
Wolf Zerk :D

Wolf Zerk FTW!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:04 pm 

Master and Apprentice

When player reaches level 40 he can become Master and choose 1 player from levels 1-(master level - 20) to be his Apprentice. For each 10 higher levels (ie. at 50, 60, 70 etc) Master can choose 1 more apprentice, meaning that at level 70 he can have 4 apprentices. So at level 150 player could have 12 apprentices. Person can't be both Master and Apprentice at the same time. Apprentice would have to use same job as Master (see job update how jobs will be changed). If apprentice reaches master's level, he can't continue as apprentice anymore.

For this relationship, there could be different kinds of bonuses that you could choose from that both benefit master and apprentices. Only one bonus could be active.

Examples:
1) From all gold drops that Master picks up, 1%-8% (you choose value) of it is given to each apprentice and in return Master gets bonus 1%-8% to his SP rate. So if you have 4 apprentice, you would "loose" 4-32% gold to them but in return you would get 4%-32% more SP.

2) As above but reversed, apprentices get faster SP but they'd have to give gold to Master

3) For each 10 SP that Apprentice has collected, Master is granted 1. Master's damage is reduced by 10%. Now with 4 apprentices that are SP farming 1k SP a day, Master would get 4000/10 = 400 SP a day without doing anything.

4) For each 100 SP that Master has collected, each apprentice is granted 2 SP. Apprentices damage is reduced by 10% If master grinds 2k SP, apprentices would get 40 SP each.

5) Fully divided SP ie. all SP collected by Master+Apprentices is summed up and divided evenly between all.

6) Master could have ability to cast his damage/hit ratio/defense/speed buffs on apprentices

7) For each item that apprentice sells to NPC shops, certain percentage is given to Master (consider it as training fee) but with Master's influence apprentice can buy pots cheaper.

... and so on....

Those are just examples, good values would have to be carefully tested and adjusted so that they don't shift the game balance too much.

Or it could be just without the bonuses, more like Master teaching all game techniques to his apprentices :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:03 pm 

Tohak wrote:
Selling items to NPC shops

Have you noticed that how much those shopkeepers actually have room in their shop and still got only few items? What if they would add to their shop list those items that players have sold to them recently, like 100-200 last sold items would appear in their shop contents - this way you might find some nice items once in a while from NPC shops too.

I actually think this is a very good idea indeed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

how to set up number of items you wanna get from your storage?
like i need only 50stones i got 100 in there when i drag it i get all the 100

i hope sro will add that option

- its ok be stupid -
:blah:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:33 pm 

hey bleak..your sig wants me to connect to emocide.com

do something :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:54 pm 
Banned User

a way to buy sp wether with exp,gold or silk some way to get more skill points

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 pm 
Frequent Member

I'd add 50 new servers and more quests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:20 pm 

Marcato wrote:
DeathJester wrote:
Guild fortress :O
Choose a plot of selected land where you're able to buy a building which you can upgrade into castle.

I was thinking about that too, and even the possibility of buying a house and things like that, just to make things more realistic, but I doubt it would be possible. With the thousands of players that would buy houses there would be no room left on the map. :D

have it set up like the thief area
go to the guild master npc and get teleported to it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next