Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

What would you rather grind on?
Ultra blood devils - I'm hard i can take em! 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
red scorpions - suited for the level is enough 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
black robber bowmen - 1 hit kill is the way to success! 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Maong - the test says it all, they're the best... apparently 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: The 42 to 45 bland grind of doom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:50 pm 
Advanced Member

woah! Dem made a thread! hell yeah :D

*ahem*

as you may know by our awesome shiny teh secks spears of killit dedz, me and Moogie are level 42.

you will aslo notice when you get to this point, or when you got to it, there is not one quest to pick up, nor for 43, or 44.

so thats 3 whole levels of sheer boring ass grinding, just wtf?!

anyway, as much as we like the game, we hate having to grind, luckily the last quest we did boosted us to about 20% into 42 and with summon scrolsl from the event, aswell as trading and runnign around we've got to 49% overall.

now, what is best to grind on, the quickest, and least boring?

for our level, I did four consecutive tests.

judging it by the level bar and a stopwatch.

I timed myself to see how quickly i could get 0.50% on four different monsters.

the monsters i used in this test were, in order of effective levelling;

Ultra Blood Devil

found just outside the Hotan east bridge, these guys are orange at 42 but fall under our spears in 3 or 4 hits, giving a nice sum of 1300xp.

time for 0.50% 5 minutes 30 seconds

given the time running between them, and taking the amount of time to kill them, it is slow, but as attention is required on your hp it feels not as bad as bowmen, the slowest choice however.

Small/Red Scorpion

White, perfect for our level, killed in 2 to 3 hits, also come in champion and giant variety for flavour. give around 860xp

time for 0.50% 5 minutes

same as ultra's they are far apart sometimes, also spawn slow, so you end up runnign in circles wasting time, champions are worth the bash, giving extra xp, but I am unsure if giants are worth the time/potions.

from the drinks quest you feel like you've been here forever already and don't want to stay, aswell as you will find others questing, not to mention Bots! of which Moogie pwned ;)

Black robber bowmen

by now you know these are easy to kill, being green, they fall to our power attacks in 1 or 2 hits, giving off about 650xp (for me, no party)

time for 0.50% 4 minutes 30 seonds

the bowmen only count as 0.01% per kill, so i killed 50 in 4 and a half minutes, given there was no KSers about.

it is easy, you rarely have to watch your HP bar, but you consume Mana just as fast as any other mob.

given the lack of attention needed, you will get bored very quickl;y and feel liek you are getting nowhere.

Maong

the elder generation of Ongs (Omg! to Moogie :P) they hit harder and are just as annoying to click on, they give a nice juicy 1060xp however.

time for 0.50 4 minutes 20 seconds

only slightly faster then the bowmen, but, you must pay attention, getting ganked swarmed and utterly raped by them is not nice, you can find them from the start of the ferries all the way up to where the ultra blood devil's appear, there is plenty of the buggers about and seemingly no one wants to fight them. a nice refreshing bright green scenery on the hotan side and attention fixed on your hp bar, you will level seemuingly faster then any of the others.

my recommended monster to grind on, though i haven't grinded much yet!

-------------------------------

given the calculations of bowmen Moogie estimated that to get 50% of level 42 - 43 it would take 4 and a half hours of solid grinding. ouch.

our idea is to try and break that down, aiming for 25% a day, doing an hour grinding, then going elsewhere and doing other things, and eventually ocming back for a second hour. hopefully it will not be too unbearable. I'm more tolerant of grindfing then Moogie, and honestly I feel liek quitting the game over this, without quests it's simply a bore.

however, I must press on, so i can beat down the cheating botting hacking high level idiots. yes, yes i will >: D.

Let's see how we do eh? >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:50 pm 
Casual Member

Umm...I read it all and good luck. Im still level 29 (almost 30) and I got enough grinding quests for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:06 pm 
Advanced Member

Aye, i remeber being at that stage, you have a grind coming up too.

31 to 32 i think, some are lcuky enough to have quests overflow into that level and it passes quick.

I didn't >.>

grinded me and Moogie to 32 on hyeoncheon.

then we had the rollback

so i grinded us again -.-"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:54 pm 

Im not from Xian but dont quit, we need people to teach those cheaters :wink: .From my point of view, since you said maongs are faster than bowmen only by a few seconds, and they hurt/ hard to click(I agree with this one) and they gang up on you, Id choose the bowmen. Im pretty sure youll save more money on pots on them too :) although I think you dont worry much about saving pots :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:12 am 
Valued Member

I'm rootin' and tootin' for you Demarthl.

Show those botters what you're made of!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:01 am 
Frequent Member

since you're spear users you should grind on green mobs.. aggro then kill them all.. think its alot faster.. at least for me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 am 
Retired Admin

ok dem and moogs, i'm breathing down your collective necks lvl-wise. i'll be right there swinging at buggers or bowmen or lobsters or garden weeds or whatever the flavor of the day is.

'cept i'll be 100yds off, throwing fireballs and lightning bolts and let you two do the tankin' ;) ^_^

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:41 am 

wei dem wat about bunwang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:51 am 
Advanced Member

bunwhangs give slightly more xp then maongs, it's not noticeable to make a difference, so they basically blend in as teh non aggro version.

Sui, we're not tanks! xP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:57 pm 

Demarthl... what's the lvl difference for you guys?

just wanted to know, and think about the calculations that way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

My guildmate and I (he's 43 hybrid/spear, I'm 42 str/bow) have been duoing the Ujigi and Mujigi's near the Karakoram gate. For reds, these things drop really fast (we can both solo them w/o much problem, but it's dangerous if we get adds).

It's pretty quick exp, and it's a lot more fun than grinding it out solo, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:09 am 
Valued Member

i recommend the Maong.. why? because they drop 42 weapons.. and 42 gear

and 42-47 SOS gear..

they're easy to kill
and when ur ready .. you can mob 2 then 3 and then 4 .. till you can kill..

when ur zerk is ready.. use it on a spider..

that's how i did it during double xp week.. at lvl 38 =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:47 am 
Advanced Member

here's an update, the first level is complete, me and Moogie are both 43 now huzzah!

get to wear ourselves blood soharin talismans (funky yellow ones)

and our Wi sasan silk suits, the final version of the sasan series.

the grinding is not too bad in short doses, but can get very annoying with heavy lag.

i've had some nice drops out of the maongs already, it helps keep my gold balance above 0 at least. ive even played around with swords and blades ive picked up ^_^

well, onwards and upwards, we're a little bit stronger, a little bit more defense, two more levels to go, it can only get easier ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:51 am 

Demarthl wrote:
here's an update, the first level is complete, me and Moogie are both 43 now huzzah!

get to wear ourselves blood soharin talismans (funky yellow ones)

and our Wi sasan silk suits, the final version of the sasan series.

the grinding is not too bad in short doses, but can get very annoying with heavy lag.

i've had some nice drops out of the maongs already, it helps keep my gold balance above 0 at least. ive even played around with swords and blades ive picked up ^_^

well, onwards and upwards, we're a little bit stronger, a little bit more defense, two more levels to go, it can only get easier ^_^

good luck! :) if only I can lvl each day :( but im doing 10% per play then stop then do a trade then another 5-10% or just setup stall :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:55 am 
Advanced Member

like wise.

each kill is 0.02% so to do more then 10% is over an hour and a half of solid grinding, we try to do it in cuts , aiming for a number then taking breaks or doing other things.

it really is tedious, I have no idea why they've left levels without quests, if anything it puts off people from playing the game. and thats less income for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am 

Demarthl wrote:
like wise.

each kill is 0.02% so to do more then 10% is over an hour and a half of solid grinding, we try to do it in cuts , aiming for a number then taking breaks or doing other things.

it really is tedious, I have no idea why they've left levels without quests, if anything it puts off people from playing the game. and thats less income for them.

I still have quest undone (those flowers, black robber archer jewels, the one with the flute, and more on the way) I gonna do them later on so I have motivation to kill stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:02 am 

maybe they just forgot to add in a few quests? Cause I know there's quite a few questless NPCs that talk like they want to offer you a quest, but never do.Plus in Donwhang, AFAIK the military camp is completely empty. Maybe there's a non-finished quest dealing with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:07 am 
Banned User

Seems to me that quest-less levels will get more people to purchase double xp scrolls. I know if I had money to throw around, that would be when I would buy them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]