Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: "Joymax fixed invisible"
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 am 

so about 2 weeks ago or maybe a bit more, people were saying that joymax fixed invisible by making people un-attackable when they are invisible...

does anyone else think that invisible got fixed still?

Post subject: Re: "Joymax fixed invisible"
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am 
Forum God

It works about 80% of the time. Some bots can still attack you while you're invis, but the majority of them can't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:08 am 

Tasdik wrote:
It works about 80% of the time. Some bots can still attack you while you're invis, but the majority of them can't.

see, how does that work? how come some can attack you and some cant?

personally im seeing more of a 60/40 swing of bots that kill me...i had one guy shooting me thru the start wall in BA, that was very very annoying and ive been killed several times out of range by high lvl rogues that are so far away i cant even see -.-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:12 am 
Veteran Member

Umm, I don't think any bots can kill you while invisible. They can kill you the instant you leave invisible. You sure ppl aren't just using those invisi-pots to "see" you and kill you? Pretty sure invisible is server-sided now...

I go invisible on my old wiz and no one's killed me yet, not even the turks.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 am 
Forum God

Goseki wrote:
Umm, I don't think any bots can kill you while invisible. They can kill you the instant you leave invisible. You sure ppl aren't just using those invisi-pots to "see" you and kill you? Pretty sure invisible is server-sided now...

I go invisible on my old wiz and no one's killed me yet, not even the turks.

They might be using pots, but I haven't seen it, yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:56 am 

No, i am sure, that the invisible has not been fixed. I know that at least 1 certain bot can still see invisible people, but since the rules don't allow it, i won't mention the name of the bot here.

Anyway i am quite sure about that, because i tried to attack someone with invisible during ctf. I was trying to sneak up on him in invisible and one-shot him. Then someone else, who was invisible and next to that other one attacked me from nowhere out of invisible. After that he said something about his bot and even mentioned the name, but i won't mention it here of course, as it is against the rules. I didn't take a screen of that though. But i am at least 90-100% sure, that there are bots, which still have an invis/stealth-hack and if that guy said the truth, which is probably quite likely, i even know the name of that bot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:00 pm 
Veteran Member

I know they can still "see" you but they can't attack you until you leave invisible. I had a few ppl follow me while invisible, but they couldn't hit me unless it ran out or i attacked.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 pm 
Forum God

Goseki wrote:
I know they can still "see" you but they can't attack you until you leave invisible. I had a few ppl follow me while invisible, but they couldn't hit me unless it ran out or i attacked.

Kronos wrote:
I was trying to sneak up on him in invisible and one-shot him. Then someone else, who was invisible and next to that other one attacked me from nowhere out of invisible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:42 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
Goseki wrote:

Kronos wrote:
I was trying to sneak up on him in invisible and one-shot him. Then someone else, who was invisible and next to that other one attacked me from nowhere out of invisible.

closet what?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm 
Veteran Member

Wut? I'm the wiz that's invisible and the ppl following me were chinese char who hadn't use their fire detection yet...

I don't get how that's the same as the other guy... He was saying another wiz in invisible killed him while he was in invisible.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:33 am 

Goseki wrote:
Wut? I'm the wiz that's invisible and the ppl following me were chinese char who hadn't use their fire detection yet...

I don't get how that's the same as the other guy... He was saying another wiz in invisible killed him while he was in invisible.

dont worry it was a joke.

but i get that quite a lot too.. people will follow me, but others will just kill me straight away... not that either is any better.

if they know im there, they target me and spam the buttons until i do come out of invis to either re-cast invis (in which case i am killed to the excuse of "i saw you and killed u before u went back in invisible") or when i cast a skill im dead before even the initial cast takes place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 am 
Veteran Member

Hmm... i'm still convinced invisible is server-sided. I don't see how any program could trick the server into letting them attack you until your out of invisible state.

Did you check to see if ppl that attacked you while you were invisible had the pill in effect? I know quite a few ppl forgot about it since not many use it. I always get ppl surprised at me when I would kill them while they were invisible since I always had a min of 25 detection potions on my nuker when I played.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 am 

Goseki wrote:
Did you check to see if ppl that attacked you while you were invisible had the pill in effect?

i am 100% certain they are not using any potion or skill. reasons i know this...
1) Getting killed by chinese without fire and no pot buff
2) using detect has a skill effect i recognise, and i know what it looks like so i can immediatly attack if i see it happening...
3) getting attacked by chinese chars that do have fire but im out of there range, ie... they follow where i am and attack me without using there detect skill...

its rather obvious people arent using skills or pots, they arent stupid enough to use pots every single time... for anyone in azteca, this guy repeatedly kills me in invisible and blames it on a "bug" or "glitch" every time...

http://www.rev6.com/player/Azteca/NateDogg.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 pm 
Veteran Member

penfold1992 wrote:
Goseki wrote:
Did you check to see if ppl that attacked you while you were invisible had the pill in effect?

i am 100% certain they are not using any potion or skill. reasons i know this...
1) Getting killed by chinese without fire and no pot buff
2) using detect has a skill effect i recognise, and i know what it looks like so i can immediatly attack if i see it happening...
3) getting attacked by chinese chars that do have fire but im out of there range, ie... they follow where i am and attack me without using there detect skill...

its rather obvious people arent using skills or pots, they arent stupid enough to use pots every single time... for anyone in azteca, this guy repeatedly kills me in invisible and blames it on a "bug" or "glitch" every time...

How recent was this? Was this after the update that fixed invisible?

I know before it there was an old bug where if you target someone, remove the name box, even if you are invisible I can still target you as long as you don't go out of range.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 pm 
Frequent Member

penfold1992 wrote:

I've had people on my team in CTF admit that they can see invisible, so I dismissed joymax's "fix" of it as cow dung.

NateDogg eh? Just looking at his guild pretty much tells you he's going to spam in caps with broken english and use a bot. I'm not surprised.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:00 pm 
Ex-Staff

Goseki wrote:

I know before it there was an old bug where if you target someone, remove the name box, even if you are invisible I can still target you as long as you don't go out of range.

Bwaha I used to do that xD target a wiz and trace :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:17 pm 

XMoshe wrote:
Goseki wrote:

Bwaha I used to do that xD target a wiz and trace :P

this bug did get fixed... and natedogg killed me only 2 days ago.... i just got out of ctf now and 2 guys killed me in invisible... its still an issue and i guess some bots just dont know how to fix it or something i dno :S but yea... its BS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:28 pm 
Elite Member

All these claims, no screen shots for proof.

How hard is it to get a quick screenshot of someone who just killed you and/or is killing you without any Invis detect potion things.

What I think is happening is kids getting mad that people are using pots now and they blame it on bots. Easy scapegoat.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:39 pm 
Forum God

.curve wrote:

How hard is it to get a quick screenshot of someone who just killed you and/or is killing you without any Invis detect potion things.

What I think is happening is kids getting mad that people are using pots now and they blame it on bots. Easy scapegoat.

But that would require, effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:55 pm 

.curve wrote:

Well, i don't play very often on my wizard, especially not in CTF. But i am convinced that at least 1 bot can see invisible and attack you while being invisible. That one, who attacked me, even said that his bot can see invisible. Do you think he would lie about that? Besides he attacked me right from invisible. We were both invisible, i was trying to onehit someone else, who stood next to that other invisible wizard. Then he just attacks me out of invisible (--> he didn't use another skill before attacking. I would have noticed him in that case and could have killed him then) and why would he tell me, that he uses a bot, which can detect invisible, if he is actually using pills?

I don't care if you believe me. I know that there are bots, which can detect invisible and i don't really have to proove it for anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 pm 
Forum God

So I wandered over to Sam S, put a cape on and went invis, told all the high level bots to kill me.

Been standing here for 10 minutes now, no one has hit me yet...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:50 pm 
Frequent Member

Thats just cause they are scared of you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:23 pm 
Ex-Staff

Dont have access to any wiz anymore or I would've tried too. It sounds kinda weird.