Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Server Integration
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 pm 

Server Integration Information May 16, 2012
Hello, this is Silkroad Online.

We would like to announce that we will proceed with the sever integration for the population adjustment. With this, we expect that the unbalanced population problem will be resolved and our users would be able to enjoy all the Silkroad Online contents. We will do our utmost to stabilize the servers after the integration.

This announcement is intended to provide an initial guide for our users regarding the server integration.

We will provide a more detailed announcement and an official Server Integration Guide in the future.

To avoid any inconvenience or loss during the server integration, please refer to the guide below, the Server integration Guide will also be posted soon.

1. Server integration plan
>> Further Notice will soon be posted regarding the plan

2. Target server

Target Server Name

New Server Name after integration
Will be announced soon

Will be announced soon

3. Server integration policy
1) Character
If there are similar character names during the server integration, name change will be necessary and based according to the following criteria: Character Level, EXP, and latest logout time.

2) Character slot
For a limited time, maximum characters that can be transferred to the merged server are 20 characters. After 3 months, the top 4 characters will only remain in the integrated server.
Additional characters will be deleted automatically after the 3-month grace period. Character deletion will be based on Character level, EXP and latest logout time.
So please delete other characters aside from the four main characters that you will further use.

3) Storage
Two storages will appear when you open the storage after server integration. One is the old storage where you can withdraw the items from your previous server while the other one is new storage which you will use to store and withdraw items in the merged server.
Please be reminded of that the old storage will be deleted after 3months from the server integration so we recommend our players to withdraw all the items from old storage prior to the deletion.

4) Guild
Upon server merge, Guild information will be retained after the server integration. However,
If the names of the guilds overlap or are identical to other guild during the server integration, only one guild will keep the name and the others are subject to renaming.

Guild Level, guild point and guild foundation date will be considered for the decision and the guild masters will be authorized for renaming it.

5) Job
If integrated server’s character has different job, only one determined job will remain and the other will be deleted. Job level, job EXP, job rank will be considered in order.

6) Job Alias
The entire job alias name will be initialized. Please rename it on the integrated sever.

7) Academy
Academy information will be retained, but total ranking will be modified again after the integration, based on the honor points.

8) Fortress war
The winner of the last fortress war which will be proceed right before the server integration will be able to collect the taxes till the server integration day. But the fortress occupier information will be reset together with server integration, and the first occupier of the fortress will be decided by the first fortress war after the server integration.

9) Consignment
The use of consignment system will be limited until the server integration, and the schedule will be announced in further notice.

10) Pet & fellows
The entire pet & fellows name will be initialized and can be renamed on the integrated server.

Once again, more detailed guide will be provided in the future announcement and the above information are subject to change during the process of integration.

We have prepared various events for our users so just keep posted and we hope that you will enjoy the upcoming events and surprises.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Server Integration
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:02 pm 
Forum Legend

they are merging all of the servers into one?
will be interesting, though the game is dead and most players play on pservers anyways

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:48 am 
Common Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo =( does this include Silkroad-R ?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:07 am 
Loyal Member

TheDrop wrote:
they are merging all of the servers into one?
will be interesting, though the game is dead and most players play on pservers anyways

ALL the servers? that would be insane.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:01 am 

yeay just what weve all been waiting for, more bots to grind in the gaps where legits could previously struggle to grind!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 am 

I hope Xian gets merged because our community is rapidily disappearing because of the excessive lag in alex and mirror dimension. Can't job, can't do temple. Nobody wants to wait 5 extra second to use a fking skill Joymax.

But, hopefully they will let us vote on who to be merged WITH. First.

---Playing EchSRO---
http://www.echsro.com

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 pm 
Addicted Member

XiaoXo wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo =( does this include Silkroad-R ?

I think they added a notice before that the current Sro-R servers won't get touched by this feature (Thebes, Gobi, Merv).

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:00 pm 
Elite Member

Saw that coming. It's good they'll merge because there is no point in having loads of inactive servers. I just hope Mars won't get merged with Malazgirt or Mena. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 pm 

all the servers are inactive... i dont believe that there are any real players in sro anymore and if there are legits in sro they are wasting there time and money.

theres no point in merging servers... should just shut them down, only bots that spend there time setting up bots will be upset in the end...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 am 

would be nice if we can join any server permanently.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 am 
Elite Member

yoyoyo8 wrote:
would be nice if we can join any server permanently.

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:35 pm 
Forum Legend

Crysis wrote:
ALL the servers? that would be insane.
That would be hella cool!.. don't ya think? lulz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:02 pm 

This sounds interesting and promising. I'm curious. They are finally realizing one of their mistakes when they spread the community thin by creating 40+ servers. A reduced community size which was made even smaller by player botters being afk 23hrs per day helped killed SRO.

Now all that's left is for jmax to lower the exp and sp requirements and focus more on game content for all levels. Lots of players running around in game all working/helping/fighting with or against each other is what makes an MMORPG fun.

And LOL for all those people with 10+ characters all at lvl 115+ claiming that they're legit. Justice is finally happening. I can see them scrambling to sell characters tho....so as to not lose what they've gained through illegal means.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:34 pm 
Elite Member

You will only lose chars when you have more than 4 chars in total on the servers that get merged. I don't see why any botter would have multiple chars on one acc so most will probably lose nothing.

Post subject: Re: Server Integration (part 2)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 pm 
Addicted Member

If anyone didn't see it yet

Spoiler!

Merges will be between each 2,3 servers (and 1 of them is between 4 servers).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:47 am 

The Dominating unions from each servers will have to slug it out for the forts...should be interesting..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:06 pm 

its not intresting to watch retards pvp.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm 
Elite Member

penfold1992 wrote:
its not intresting to watch retards pvp.

Why are they retards then?

I can see it coming. :sohappy: