Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SRO-R
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:39 pm 

as i said... broken knuckle dude. =(

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 pm 
Forum God

I wonder if Itsune has a sexy voice...Like Sean Connery....yeah...I can see/hear it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm 
Common Member

tempest wrote:

Recently I've also read that Gold sellers conquered the newly released Diablo 3...

Not to be gloating, but it is in some way satisfying to see that the "big ones" have the same problems like Silkroad and that no matter where you go you'll always encounter the "plague".

Conquered is a poor choice of words infested more like it.
All games have this issue the difference is that with WOW and D3 there is actual support and an easy mechanism to report and block them. Bots I have herd of them in WOW and even know people that talked about fishing bots but I personally haven't ran into any. Unlike SRO they are not rampant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm 
Elite Member

Tasdik wrote:
I wonder if Itsune has a sexy voice...Like Sean Connery....yeah...I can see/hear it.

I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don't ever want to be one. I am a Dane! I was a Dane and I will always be one.
(Sean Connery quote - lightly modified).

But yeah, I've got them sexy voice ;)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:36 pm 

Sorry for bringing this topic back, didn't feel like making a new one since this one is still on 1st page..

Anyways i recently quit Perfect World (got far too Pay2Win for me) and i've been thinking of giving this SRO-R a shot.

Last time i played was at the 80 cap about 3 years ago, when i was actually in the SuddenDeath union on Pacific (i was in Stealth).

Just wondering if this new version of the game is any better and worth playing?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 pm 

i recommend joining myth online, its a silkroad private server

http://mythonline.eu/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 pm 
Addicted Member

MrSonic wrote:
Sorry for bringing this topic back, didn't feel like making a new one since this one is still on 1st page..

Anyways i recently quit Perfect World (got far too Pay2Win for me) and i've been thinking of giving this SRO-R a shot.

Last time i played was at the 80 cap about 3 years ago, when i was actually in the SuddenDeath union on Pacific (i was in Stealth).

Maybe join SuddenDeath union in Thebes (yeah same name, i find it odd too)

SuddenDeath, Fable and Valentine are in the same union and recruiting, just send a message to one of the igns.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 pm 

tempest wrote:
I just logged into the SRO-R game (Server Thebes) the very first time after playing no Silkroad for 5 years and my impression so far is:

The servers are deserted. You either see a couple of very high level players or no players at all.
The towns are full of gold sellers spamming their sh*t and making any conversation impossible. This is ridiculous. Also why does this stupid stall system still exist? Where's the auction house? 90% of the stalls are from botters obviously, if you look into their wares.
I teleported to each town possible with my low level (all but Alexandria) and it was everywhere the same.

One positive thing is: if you are below level 70 everything is clear of bots. No one is at the Bandit Fortress, no one is at Tiger Mountain, no one is killswitching you - because there is just no one around!
If you like to level alone and doing quests alone then you can play this game, but I wouldn't call this enjoyable. Low-Level-Parties? With whom? Forget it.

It's actually worse than the very first Beta of Silkroad Online (which was somewhen in 2005 or so), where I participated. There were already 6 servers back by then. You always met people everywhere - not too much, not too less, and no one was spamming around - but here in SRO-R is just no one! It's empty.

Ok then I looked if people played PVP, as they always did in iSRO at the front doors of Donwhang to show off their gear and their skills. No one around. I also looked in Hotan and Jangan. Nothing. That is poor. I wouldn't say that the iSRO community was good, but in SRO-R it just seems there exists no community at all.

It feels like as if you are the only player around, beside a massive stall population (powered by goldsellers) and probably 10% high level players from which maybe 8% are botters and 2% are legit players. Just guessing though. A rare encounter when you meet a legit soul.

It's a pity. This game is really good in its core, but how should anyone play this game if he is greeted right at the beginning with thousands of spamming messages. Even veteran players will run away, most likely including me. Joymax has really killed the game to the point that most players will never come back if the game is not maintained cleanly. And by clean I really mean clean.

This is what all of SRO has turned into. The game community is dead. The game is probably 10% of what it used to be back in 2005...and that's only on Saturdays if you're lucky. I remember a rich vibrant community back in 2005 when the game was fun to play....Now its just a sad empty shell of its former self..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 pm 
Frequent Member

MrSonic wrote:

Pserver or gtfo. SRO is probably worst or similar to Perfect World when it comes to Pay to win.

_
Diablo 3
GuyLafleur - 60 (54) - Wizz

GTA5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm 

WOHAA:.just logged in,created a chinese archer,named him Stryke :) pm me

transformice: [Mcomm] Shaman go kill yourself, you cannot even troll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 am 
Valued Member

is this worth playing?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 am 

nope but this is:
mythonline.eu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:24 am 
Valued Member

nope.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:32 am 
Forum God

Downloading, anyone still play here?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:30 am 

myth online is a silkroad private server... its just called mythonline.

i recommend it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:45 am 
Forum God

Not enough people on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 am 
Valued Member

gonna try this out after i download.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 am 
Addicted Member

Tasdik wrote:
Downloading, anyone still play here?

Deadfear wrote:
gonna try this out after i download.

Yeah we still got a Union going, would be nice if you both post your Igns =)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am 
Forum God

Download is taking longer then expected, will probably be done by morning (4-5 hours from now). Once I get in and make a character, I'll post my IGN.

Also, currently considering making a pure int or hybrid int spear. Thoughts? (Other build I was considering was wiz/cleric or bow.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:30 am 
Addicted Member

Maybe i can pm you when i return home

Anyway i prefer the bow.

It got good survive-ability, range and you don't have to worry about arrows till 70 (you can get a free stack of 5k arrows whenever you want).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:37 pm 
Forum God

In game name is Audacity.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:45 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

As someone who played iSRO on Olympus server back in early 2006 to 2007 then took a break because I played Warcraft the last five years I decided to give SRO-R a try.

Yes the game still has bots but it's nowhere near as bad as it was even in 2006 from what I can see on the Merv server, other then the usual stall bots spamming in hotan. When grinding I may once in awhile see what I'm assuming is a bot attacking my monster that I finished off only to see the bot abort its attack and then move on to the next monster. But then i've also ran into random players asking to join a party or just trying to be friendly.

I have a character up to level 46 in the span of a week along with a friend of mine who has her character up to level 48 and from all the changes I've seen in this version it just makes me wish the original iSRO would have had all of these changes especially the party instances you can run with friends/guildmates and the quests from 1-70.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 am 

bots are more common after lvl 70 when the real work starts... the higher u get the more u will notice it im afraid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:24 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

penfold1992 wrote:
bots are more common after lvl 70 when the real work starts... the higher u get the more u will notice it im afraid

And everytime I see a bot I think "Well good for that moron who wants his/her machine compromised just because they can't be bothered to grind 2-8 hours a day". But then SRO isnt the only game affected by bots either.

You see a lot of bots farming ore in World of Warcraft in the high level zones 24/7 often beating you to nodes before you can get to them. And in random battlegrounds often 80% of the opposing team is all bots not doing anything. What joymax should do is allow some option to right click on a persons name and report for stuff like character name, language, suspected botting etc, then at least a GM could look into it, or like Blizzard, Joymax could one day do a mass bot ban wave.

And here's a case in point - my guildmaster in sro-r recently had her machine compromised because until yesterday I didn't know she was botting.. a so called bot update infected her machine and she stayed up all night quite upset that she ended up removing a keylogger and extremely worried her account could be compromised.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 am 

serves her right, hope she gets hacked.

also joymax did ban bots on mass once... they were unbanned about 2 weeks later. true story.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hello from Ireland! Add me, in game Brighid! :dope:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 am 
Site Contributor

Latest news from SRO-R, the legit community is dead. There was a very active one in May when you guys were posting. Yes, goldsellers, website-spammers are there.. but not in Alex, they were never in Alex.

Alex is mostly dead at the moment, most of the high levels got too bored dominating the Fortresses that the eventually quit (even the botter high levels).

chap - GM of Fable - saw him today, and he just got back from a 1+ month break. I came back for a 2+ monnth break as well.

There's only 1 person from SRF that kind of joined me into Immortality hoping to fill it up with whoever we find from the separated legits before I'm gone for good.

Most of the legits here are probably on private servers, right? Making the actual game really boring, there's no community for the legits anymore. There are English-speaking commmunities, but are 90% bots.

FireTiger (Thebes - Lv1x) - Active
Pure STR Bower/Force

iSnipe (Merv - Lv4x) - Retired
Hybrid Spear/Nuker - Bead Farmer

Image - My 1st Unique on Thursday, August 23, 2012!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 am 

even sro-r is 90% bots now?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:49 pm 
Forum God

I played SRO-R for a day or two a while back. The constant stream of quests were nice. Just not enough legits to make me stay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:36 am 
Site Contributor

penfold1992 wrote:
even sro-r is 90% bots now?

Yes, bots everywhere.

I decided to revive the guild of Immortality give it another shot. Managed to recruit 10 low level legits so far. Hopefully the number will increase.

Anyone around willing to give Sro-R another shot, I'm more than happy to help out!

The only downside of having a small legit community is that I teamed up with an English speaking mixed guild (bots/legits) to form a union.. cause the other major unions are too high and hardcore bots who dont respect or like legits.

I've tried getting the rest of the legits that are spread 1 or 2 in each guild of the old SuddenDeath union into Immortality. Hopefully they remain legit and decide to join me.

FireTiger (Thebes - Lv1x) - Active
Pure STR Bower/Force

iSnipe (Merv - Lv4x) - Retired
Hybrid Spear/Nuker - Bead Farmer

Image - My 1st Unique on Thursday, August 23, 2012!