Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: SRO-R
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:00 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Is it worth trying? How's the community activity? I've been reading around here and it seems that all servers are dead, does that include SRO-R?
Also how easy is it to level up in SRO-R compared to iSRO?

Post subject: Re: SRO-R
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Actually I am interested too in this question... also which of the 3 servers is best? Thebes, Merv or Gobi?

Btw. I just tried to login into Joymax Website - it's unbelieveable but my 5 year old inactive account still exists... Data collection at its best :|

Anyways I'd like to hear other opinions to regarding the questions of the topic poster, otherwise I'll just try it out I guess... For some reason I just can't befriend myself with private servers.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 pm 

I think you should go on Thebes server although I'm not active there anymore. There is a legit community there. Should be the right choice for you.
Advantages are better quests and less exp/sp requirement plus you can get Sp scrolls from Forgotten World dungeon and free SoX equipment.
Also, use the "Search" function of the forum and you should find enough useful information about Sro-R.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:59 pm 
Addicted Member

There are quite a few major changes between Isro and Sro-R.

Oh and go to Thebes if you are interested in Sro-R, we got a legit union there, Fable and SuddenDeath got a recruit thread, i think that all the other guilds in the union are recruiting but they just don't have a thread on Srf ^^

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:06 pm 
Frequent Member

Forget about sro and sro-r. diablo 3 is where its at.

_
Diablo 3
GuyLafleur - 60 (54) - Wizz

GTA5

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:29 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Diablo what? :D Why would I pay $60 in a single player game that can be all played within a few hours if I'm not wrong. Took me like an hour to beat the beta..

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:51 pm 
Loyal Member

th3 j35t3r wrote:
Diablo what? :D Why would I pay $60 in a single player game that can be all played within a few hours if I'm not wrong. Took me like an hour to beat the beta..

Quality versus quantity.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I just logged into the SRO-R game (Server Thebes) the very first time after playing no Silkroad for 5 years and my impression so far is:

The servers are deserted. You either see a couple of very high level players or no players at all.
The towns are full of gold sellers spamming their sh*t and making any conversation impossible. This is ridiculous. Also why does this stupid stall system still exist? Where's the auction house? 90% of the stalls are from botters obviously, if you look into their wares.
I teleported to each town possible with my low level (all but Alexandria) and it was everywhere the same.

One positive thing is: if you are below level 70 everything is clear of bots. No one is at the Bandit Fortress, no one is at Tiger Mountain, no one is killswitching you - because there is just no one around!
If you like to level alone and doing quests alone then you can play this game, but I wouldn't call this enjoyable. Low-Level-Parties? With whom? Forget it.

It's actually worse than the very first Beta of Silkroad Online (which was somewhen in 2005 or so), where I participated. There were already 6 servers back by then. You always met people everywhere - not too much, not too less, and no one was spamming around - but here in SRO-R is just no one! It's empty.

Ok then I looked if people played PVP, as they always did in iSRO at the front doors of Donwhang to show off their gear and their skills. No one around. I also looked in Hotan and Jangan. Nothing. That is poor. I wouldn't say that the iSRO community was good, but in SRO-R it just seems there exists no community at all.

It feels like as if you are the only player around, beside a massive stall population (powered by goldsellers) and probably 10% high level players from which maybe 8% are botters and 2% are legit players. Just guessing though. A rare encounter when you meet a legit soul.

It's a pity. This game is really good in its core, but how should anyone play this game if he is greeted right at the beginning with thousands of spamming messages. Even veteran players will run away, most likely including me. Joymax has really killed the game to the point that most players will never come back if the game is not maintained cleanly. And by clean I really mean clean.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:08 pm 

For me Sro-R is just another botroad, that's why I quitted.
Good I'm playing on ksro again. Pt'ing with human beings^^

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:57 pm 
Elite Member

So how is it in KSRO atm? Parties still start at high lvls?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:32 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Today I checked the other servers of SROR. It was the same as yesterday. There was a short inspection and afterwards all stalls and spammers were gone from Jangan and Donwhang. Hotan however was immediately flooded with bot stalls right after server inspection. 2 hours later it slowly started again in Jangan and Donwhang. Well I guess this is Silkroad.
Most unfortunate however is still the fact, that you really feel lost in this game, no one talks to you, even in towns. Everyone seems busy botting.

Since SRO was the only MMORPG I played for a longer time I wondered if other MMORPGs, for example World of Warcraft, had the same problems? And yes - a search in google shows that people are also complaining about gold spammers and farm botters in WOW etc. Additionally people say that it takes quite a long time for the botters to get banned - if at all.
I initially thought that with a monthly paid account this wouldn't happen, because the account could be banned permanently. I was wrong. Obviously it's the same as in Silkroad: they ban the character in order to "officially" take action against it - but the botters just create a new character.
It could be that they have not sooo much bots compared to Silkroad, but they have obviously enough so that many players resigned and just accepted the fact, that there are farm bots, gold bots etc.

Recently I've also read that Gold sellers conquered the newly released Diablo 3...

Not to be gloating, but it is in some way satisfying to see that the "big ones" have the same problems like Silkroad and that no matter where you go you'll always encounter the "plague".

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:46 pm 

Sanktum wrote:

Yes, ksro pts start from Alexandria area (Lv 90+) on but because servers got merged some months ago activity is much higher. Not that hard to find a pt.^^
4 Weeks ago we had a ingame survey on ksro concerning Silkroad R.
I guess they will update it soon on ksro.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:13 pm 
Frequent Member

th3 j35t3r wrote:

I lol'ed. Plus, in the long run D3 is much much much much much cheaper than SRO if you plan on playing anywhere near competitively.

_
Diablo 3
GuyLafleur - 60 (54) - Wizz

GTA5

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:42 am 

Could always try a private server. Check the sig :D

IGN: Deadlock, KillAndChill, LightsOut

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:01 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'm a bit late regarding the stall population. I am amazed that they finally invented the long awaited Auction House (Consignment Merchant in each town). There are definitely lots of useful changes since my last SRO visit.

Private Servers?

Yeah, I considered them sometimes, but it's just not convincing on the long run. Maybe it's the fact, that these servers can be closed anytime, be it wanted or unwanted. If Joymax decides to take action against these hosters the servers must be removed immediately. The hosters can do *nothing* about it, because it's JM's game and JM will have all rights on court.
Maintaining a server also costs time and money. I assume that the owners of P-Servers maintain the game in their freetime, as a hobby. If not and they earn money by selling ingame items they are even closer to being sued (as has happened in the past).

Aside from that: what if the hosters are out of money or decide they just don't like SRO anymore? The server will close and all accounts are gone.
This does not speak for steadiness, durability - a main feature of MMORPGs. Of course one can argue that with these x10 rates there is no need for durability... but then it misses the point of being a MMORPG.

JM can close their 50 servers too, but as a company they have more responsibility than a hobbyist which includes regular backups and rollbacks if a situation happens, as well as access to the source for gameplay updates etc. This is something a hobbyist can hardly provide. I don't know what's the situation now, but I experienced many announced P-Servers as buggy and most of them delivered by 14 year old children which never made up their mind about responsibility and legal property. This neither speaks for P-Servers.

It's like this:
a) You either chose to go with JM and cope with the grind and bot situation.
b) You go with a Private Server with no warranty on reliability, gameplay updates, and where everyone is at maximum Level already.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:35 am 
Elite Member

Valkyria wrote:
Sanktum wrote:
4 Weeks ago we had a ingame survey on ksro concerning Silkroad R.
I guess they will update it soon on ksro.

Oh, that's bad news.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:39 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Btw. I checked into iSRO Servers today - it's true, the game is dead. No matter what server you chose, ghost towns everywhere, all emptyness but a few zombie botters.

I didn't experience the downfall of iSRO, because I stopped prior to it's end. Obviously people left in masses afterwards.
Checking in now with the old accounts one can really see the difference. Joymax really f*cked this up badly. They f*cked it up so much, that it's likely no one will ever come back. Almost unbelievable. I guess I'll uninstall both iSRO and SRO-R. No point in playing a dead game
:(

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:14 pm 

Yup and being capped on most pvt servers is a waste of time.... Pvp is so unbalanced with warrior clerics just dominating everything most of the time...
Wizards become unique hunters only and chinese are almost always useless because they lack bless.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 pm 
Forum God

tempest wrote:
I just logged into the SRO-R game (Server Thebes) the very first time after playing no Silkroad for 5 years and my impression so far is:

The servers are deserted. You either see a couple of very high level players or no players at all.
The towns are full of gold sellers spamming their sh*t and making any conversation impossible. This is ridiculous. Also why does this stupid stall system still exist? Where's the auction house? 90% of the stalls are from botters obviously, if you look into their wares.
I teleported to each town possible with my low level (all but Alexandria) and it was everywhere the same.

One positive thing is: if you are below level 70 everything is clear of bots. No one is at the Bandit Fortress, no one is at Tiger Mountain, no one is killswitching you - because there is just no one around!
If you like to level alone and doing quests alone then you can play this game, but I wouldn't call this enjoyable. Low-Level-Parties? With whom? Forget it.

It's actually worse than the very first Beta of Silkroad Online (which was somewhen in 2005 or so), where I participated. There were already 6 servers back by then. You always met people everywhere - not too much, not too less, and no one was spamming around - but here in SRO-R is just no one! It's empty.

Ok then I looked if people played PVP, as they always did in iSRO at the front doors of Donwhang to show off their gear and their skills. No one around. I also looked in Hotan and Jangan. Nothing. That is poor. I wouldn't say that the iSRO community was good, but in SRO-R it just seems there exists no community at all.

It feels like as if you are the only player around, beside a massive stall population (powered by goldsellers) and probably 10% high level players from which maybe 8% are botters and 2% are legit players. Just guessing though. A rare encounter when you meet a legit soul.

It's a pity. This game is really good in its core, but how should anyone play this game if he is greeted right at the beginning with thousands of spamming messages. Even veteran players will run away, most likely including me. Joymax has really killed the game to the point that most players will never come back if the game is not maintained cleanly. And by clean I really mean clean.

theres a strong active legit community on thebes how did you miss us? what time did you log in maybe it was during working hours or school hours unlike bots we log off ^^

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:24 pm 
Forum God

penfold1992 wrote:
Yup and being capped on most pvt servers is a waste of time.... Pvp is so unbalanced with warrior clerics just dominating everything most of the time...
Wizards become unique hunters only and chinese are almost always useless because they lack bless.

Agreed with this. I can't stand playing on servers with "normal" skills where DD, prick, black ress wars, skins/screens/bless face roll everyone. It's dumb.

I suppose that's part of the reason why I love Salvation so much. Even though I am slightly biased since I know the owners of it. I just can't go back to any other server where certain builds just face roll any and everyone. *shrugs*

Plus theres the whole bot/constant power levels going on. So lame.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:28 pm 
Addicted Member

Bless gets removed when you change your weapon, black ress got higher cooldown at Sro-R, just thought that i will add that.

Come to the union at Thebes and try it there, who knows you might like it
SuddenDeath, Fable and Valentine are recruiting, give it a try, you won't lose anything.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm 

The Invisible wrote:
give it a try, you won't lose anything.

Except 6 months of your life, if you wanna reach high enough level to be useful.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Which level must be reached to be useful after 6 months?

But yeah, it's probably better to leave it uninstalled and wait for "Silkroad 2", whenever this comes out (2013 or so?) and hopefully with all new graphics and more balanced gameplay.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 am 

dont get ur hopes up...

ill give it a try whilst i wait for gw2 tho... -.-

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:37 am 
Forum God

tempest wrote:

But yeah, it's probably better to leave it uninstalled and wait for "Silkroad 2", whenever this comes out (2013 or so?) and hopefully with all new graphics and more balanced gameplay.

hes having you on it dont take anywhere near 6 months to be useful level in a month of casual leveling and exp ticket you can be over 70 (there is an exp buff you can get from so-ok so your getting nuts amount of exp) and the level req have been lowered. not to mention a bucket load of quests which give good exp.

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:22 pm 

Only to be outleveled by botters 24/7 partying whilst you solo... Then to get to a useful level and still be struggling in pvp if your not a warrior.... No thx.

Isro is too imbalanced to bother with... Theres always people there that have been botting longer then uve been playing

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:34 am 

tempest wrote:

Maxlevel -5. Any lower than that and you risk getting one hit.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:03 am 
Forum God

penfold1992 wrote:
Only to be outleveled by botters 24/7 partying whilst you solo... Then to get to a useful level and still be struggling in pvp if your not a warrior.... No thx.

Isro is too imbalanced to bother with... Theres always people there that have been botting longer then uve been playing

isro this is sro-r its slightly better besides why knock it before you try? it then adds to the question why are you in this section when i left sro i left the general discussion section until i returned

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 pm 

i play sro... well... currently not much because i broke my knuckle.

but i still play sro daily -.-
also... i tried sro-r for 2 months of it coming out... and already saw botters then, cant imagine how shit it must be now

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:59 pm 
Elite Member

penfold1992 wrote:
i play sro... well... currently not much because i broke my knuckle.

but i still play sro daily -.-
also... i tried sro-r for 2 months of it coming out... and already saw botters then, cant imagine how shit it must be now

You don't play SRO daily. At least I haven't seen you in a while.
Oh wait, might be because I'm not playing :/ I'll get on vent!

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!