Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: PathEngine and Silkroad 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:11 pm 
Elite Member

So JoyMax has licensed Pathengine for Silkroad 2. You can see it on the PathEngine site http://www.pathengine.com.

In the News and Releases section:
PathEngine wrote:
12th January 12
New Licensee
PathEngine is licensed by Joymax, for 'Silkroad 2'.

In the Clients page:
PathEngine wrote:
Joymax, (for 'Silkroad 2')

Since PathEngine is very good, I have high hopes for SRO2.

Post subject: Re: PathEngine and Silkroad 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 am 
Site Contributor

ahh **** yah!

Witcher 2, Just Cause 2, and Guild Wars 2

Silkroad 2 might just be Farking amazing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:30 pm 
Forum God

Yup total amazing, same korean grind fest, lack of endgame content like every korean grind fest. Will be full of bots, like every korean grind fest. Yup SRO2 will be total amazing!

Sources: Common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Swindler wrote:
Yup total amazing, same korean grind fest, lack of endgame content like every korean grind fest. Will be full of bots, like every korean grind fest. Yup SRO2 will be total amazing!

Bots are a problem in every MMO not just SRO. Look at world of warcraft as an example you still see a ton of farming and battleground bots and even the blatant botters using speed and flying hacks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:57 am 

Swindler wrote:

Such a negative nancy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:29 pm 
Forum God

Pellaeon wrote:
Swindler wrote:

Bots are a problem in every MMO not just SRO. Look at world of warcraft as an example you still see a ton of farming and battleground bots and even the blatant botters using speed and flying hacks.

Yes, how ever Blizzard, and any company that actually use their corporate-brain actually ban them. Do joymax? lulz no. Dont even try to defend Joymax in this case.

Toshiharu wrote:
Swindler wrote:

Such a negative nancy

Give me one reason to be positive to anything Joymax do?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:38 pm 
Site Contributor

idk, I seriously think they may have learned their lesson with Silkroad, and couldn't fix it with Silkroad-R. Of course I sound like this "Me = Abused GF, Joymax = Abusive BF"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm 

learned the lesson of what? the lesson they need to learn is that they do **** all....

i wanna work for joymax! a salary of over 50 grand and i sit around doing nothing, sounds like a dream.... even if i get asked to do some coding all i have to do is code some bullshit make sure i leave a load of bloat in the files and clog up the pk2 files and just recolor some models with paint.

then i sit back with no customer support... in fact no support at all and just rake in my salary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:32 pm 
Elite Member

Pellaeon wrote:
Swindler wrote:

As Swindler covered, they actually get banned and taken care of.

Also "a ton" is highly inaccurate. Sure there is a botter here and there, but it's risky and Blizzard is on top of that.

Don't try and bring down a good game because we insulted your shitty game

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:14 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Just want to mention I wasn't really defending either Blizzard or Joymax in general in regards to bots, they are both bad on the bot handling issue.

All you have to do is look at all the posts on wow's official general discussion forum, or on www.mmo-champion.com forums for wow, on how Blizzard hasnt banned bots in a long time even after they are repeatedly reported via GM tickets. There`s been posts of people reporting the same bot via tickets or other means, in game and out of game, for six months, to a year, and longer, and all Blizzard does is give you a canned response.

So in effect the bots in Wow do `not actually get banned and taken care of` as people seem to think. I`ve been playing WoW for over five years now and i`ve seen more then enough bots on my original battlegroup, then later it got worse when most of the battlegroups (composed of several servers to form a battlegroup) were all formed into one large battlegroup to help with queue times for bg`s, arena matches, and LFG and LFR.

So basically in effect Blizzard is just as bad at Joymax in dealing with bots which is to say they do nothing at all. Whereas when Diablo III`s real money auction house was launched Blizzard suddenly banned over a thousand accounts for cheating and botting but yet they won`t do jack shit for WoW.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:37 am 
Elite Member

Pellaeon wrote:
Just want to mention I wasn't really defending either Blizzard or Joymax in general in regards to bots, they are both bad on the bot handling issue.

All you have to do is look at all the posts on wow's official general discussion forum, or on http://www.mmo-champion.com forums for wow, on how Blizzard hasnt banned bots in a long time even after they are repeatedly reported via GM tickets. There`s been posts of people reporting the same bot via tickets or other means, in game and out of game, for six months, to a year, and longer, and all Blizzard does is give you a canned response.

So in effect the bots in Wow do `not actually get banned and taken care of` as people seem to think. I`ve been playing WoW for over five years now and i`ve seen more then enough bots on my original battlegroup, then later it got worse when most of the battlegroups (composed of several servers to form a battlegroup) were all formed into one large battlegroup to help with queue times for bg`s, arena matches, and LFG and LFR.

So basically in effect Blizzard is just as bad at Joymax in dealing with bots which is to say they do nothing at all. Whereas when Diablo III`s real money auction house was launched Blizzard suddenly banned over a thousand accounts for cheating and botting but yet they won`t do jack shit for WoW.

The posts are just the extremely vocal minority. I've played for 3 years now and seen 1 bot total.

Blizzard HAS to handle their shit. You can't charge a subscription fee and not offer only the best service.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:36 am 

Botting in wow makes no difference.... It takes like 3 months to cap and u can farm gold from daily quests or buying and selling and selling services.
You also cant buy end game gear (unless u offer someone gold after they win a roll) usually you dont need that though.

Botting in wow is useless compared to botting in sro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

.curve wrote:
Pellaeon wrote:
The posts are just the extremely vocal minority. I've played for 3 years now and seen 1 bot total.

Blizzard HAS to handle their shit. You can't charge a subscription fee and not offer only the best service.

You must be on a quiet server then to see only 1 bot. :P All one has to do is a google search and you can see there's almost just as many bots as their is for SRO.

But, at any rate, while I doubt Joymax will do anything about bots in SRO2 it'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds with the end result most likely being a new generation of gold/player bots.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 am 

in sro, 99% are botters. if u think there is that % of botters in wow.... ur an idiot sir.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 am 

Swindler wrote:
Toshiharu wrote:
Swindler wrote:

Such a negative nancy

Give me one reason to be positive to anything Joymax do?

For one the merger or whatever happened you can see a clear change in service. IT was from nonexistent to almost nonexistent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 pm 
Banned User

Silkroad 2 will be a pay2win game just like Joymax. You pay, you get OP stuff.

Not only that, it will be full with botters, abusers, and a bad community because Joymax does not give a fúck about the community, nor will there be any costumer service.

Joymax was never good, not even when SRO was at 60 cap. I doubt they will ever improve.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm 

wasnt the name vortex the name of a botter... i kinda remember that name but cant associate it...

anyway, sro was good in 60 cap. no bots (well... there was but not compared to now) but it was hella hard to get in!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 pm 
Frequent Member

penfold1992 wrote:
wasnt the name vortex the name of a botter... i kinda remember that name but cant associate it...

anyway, sro was good in 60 cap. no bots (well... there was but not compared to now) but it was hella hard to get in!

Hmm I played during 60 cap, if I remember right I didnt have any problems logging in, that happend much later.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:58 am 

problems logging in wasnt due to full servers... it was due to bad servers. with stupid c9 errors and dc's

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

penfold1992 wrote:
in sro, 99% are botters. if u think there is that % of botters in wow.... ur an idiot sir.

Never implied 99% of the people who play wow are botters (I was referring to the bot software names that came up on google search for warcraft, including a paid bot yet of all things... :palm: ). Obviousely people who do normal and heroic raiding in wow cant bot because everyone needs to play in real time and co-ordinate together as a team to take down bosses. All i'm pointing out is that in the last year or so more people have been botting in wow probably due to waiting for Mists of Pandaria to come out and nothing else to do.

Which botting in itself is more pathetic then anything because Blizzard catered so much to the casuals the last few years so that you can level up in under 2-3 months to hit level 85 and if some folks get THAT impatient and have to bot to 85 then it's no wonder they don't want to spend longer in SRO to actually get up into the high 90's or even up to level 100.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:25 pm 
Elite Member

Pellaeon wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

Never implied 99% of the people who play wow are botters (I was referring to the bot software names that came up on google search for warcraft, including a paid bot yet of all things... :palm: ). Obviousely people who do normal and heroic raiding in wow cant bot because everyone needs to play in real time and co-ordinate together as a team to take down bosses. All i'm pointing out is that in the last year or so more people have been botting in wow probably due to waiting for Mists of Pandaria to come out and nothing else to do.

Which botting in itself is more pathetic then anything because Blizzard catered so much to the casuals the last few years so that you can level up in under 2-3 months to hit level 85 and if some folks get THAT impatient and have to bot to 85 then it's no wonder they don't want to spend longer in SRO to actually get up into the high 90's or even up to level 100.

I don't know of anyone who botted to level up. It's just not plausible in WoW. It's not like SRO where you HAVE to spend hours killing 1000 of the same mob for XP. Quests are by far the quickest way to level, followed closely by random dungeons to cap.

Bots in WoW are mainly the odd gold bot here and there, and maybe a Battleground bot that gets reported and banned anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:17 pm 

Pellaeon wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

You can be 85 within a month playing casually. What's actually more pathetic than botting, in my opinion, are the ones that multibox. The only reason why people say WoW has no bots is really due to the fact that they have such a huge support staff and can just go in and wipe them out. Which Joymax did do constantly back at 70cap.. then suddenly overtime gave up. Then everybody was doing it in 80cap!

.curve wrote:
I don't know of anyone who botted to level up. It's just not plausible in WoW. It's not like SRO where you HAVE to spend hours killing 1000 of the same mob for XP. Quests are by far the quickest way to level, followed closely by random dungeons to cap.

Bots in WoW are mainly the odd gold bot here and there, and maybe a Battleground bot that gets reported and banned anyway.

Oh it's plausible. I know a few guys that when I played Aion that they would bot up characters to 85 and slighly gear them out and sell them in a few weeks. That was their 'job'. What's also funny is that you may not be grinding for levels in WoW, but you are grinding for gear. By grinding I mean the actual definition of repetitive tasks.

How they would do it? I have no idea considering one report would have support quickly jump on you. If you're also curious who bought these accounts they were usually businessmen that had no time to play and the occasional kid using his parent's credit card. At least one of them told me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:57 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Toshiharu wrote:
Pellaeon wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

Oh it's plausible. I know a few guys that when I played Aion that they would bot up characters to 85 and slighly gear them out and sell them in a few weeks. That was their 'job'. What's also funny is that you may not be grinding for levels in WoW, but you are grinding for gear. By grinding I mean the actual definition of repetitive tasks.

How they would do it? I have no idea considering one report would have support quickly jump on you. If you're also curious who bought these accounts they were usually businessmen that had no time to play and the occasional kid using his parent's credit card. At least one of them told me.

You brought up one very good point sir that I forgot to mention. Yes you don't grind for levels but it's always for that gear. As said in WoW RNG is a cruel mistress because once you get to 85 you may have some green gear, some blue, etc. Then you spend the next 3-4 weeks or possibly longer running regular dungeons, then heroics, then end time heroics, then LFR (Looking for raid) doing Dragon Soul bosses and just seeing how greedy people are in their for gear.

Also not to mention all the daily quests to run so you have a few thousand gold to afford all the gems, enchants, and reforging on all that gear too. And if you want to transmog all that gear to stuff you liked in the past from this game you could spend even more time soloing old content in the game or spending a lot more gold just to get that transmog gear.

By the time all is said and done if you are fully decked out in purple epics past lets say 384 item level you could be spending 1 month all the way up to six months or longer depending how hardcore you get running all the randoms and LFR and if lucky having a guild to carry you through the previous tier 11 raids and then Firelands.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 pm 
Elite Member

Pellaeon wrote:
You brought up one very good point sir that I forgot to mention. Yes you don't grind for levels but it's always for that gear. As said in WoW RNG is a cruel mistress because once you get to 85 you may have some green gear, some blue, etc. Then you spend the next 3-4 weeks or possibly longer running regular dungeons, then heroics, then end time heroics, then LFR (Looking for raid) doing Dragon Soul bosses and just seeing how greedy people are in their for gear.

Also not to mention all the daily quests to run so you have a few thousand gold to afford all the gems, enchants, and reforging on all that gear too. And if you want to transmog all that gear to stuff you liked in the past from this game you could spend even more time soloing old content in the game or spending a lot more gold just to get that transmog gear.

By the time all is said and done if you are fully decked out in purple epics past lets say 384 item level you could be spending 1 month all the way up to six months or longer depending how hardcore you get running all the randoms and LFR and if lucky having a guild to carry you through the previous tier 11 raids and then Firelands.

This is where you're wrong, and why I've started to dislike Blizzard.

You hit 85 and queue for LFR and AFK your way to free welfare epics in a week or two. There is no normals - heroics - end time heroics progression anymore. Blizzard has made it so any half retarded monkey can queue up for LFR, do absolutely nothing, and get rewarded. It's a casuals game now. There isn't even a reason to do T11 or T12 raids since the gear is obsolete due to the addition of LFR.

That is where Blizzard has gone down the drain. Sure the majority of their playerbase is mouthbreathing, inept casuals and it's good for business, but they're skimming on good content for the sake of pleasing the masses. Also Pokemon, Farmville, and Pandas is stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:37 am 
Valued Member

Swindler wrote:

Agreed, unless JM gets their act together SRO2 will flop.
SRO was the shit at 60/70 cap before all of the bots came along.
If they fail, I'll just wait for a SRO2 pserver...assuming the game is launched in the next decade.

What they should do is make it non-subscription, but you'll need to purchase the game, similar to Guild Wars and ditch the OP item mall garbage.
We'll see how greedy JM is this time, after losing tens of thousands of players to pservers they should have learned their lesson.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 am 

Rawr wrote:
Swindler wrote:

Agreed, unless JM gets their act together SRO2 will flop.
SRO was the shit at 60/70 cap before all of the bots came along.
If they fail, I'll just wait for a SRO2 pserver...assuming the game is launched in the next decade.

What they should do is make it non-subscription, but you'll need to purchase the game, similar to Guild Wars and ditch the OP item mall garbage.
We'll see how greedy JM is this time, after losing tens of thousands of players to pservers they should have learned their lesson.

To be fair, Guild Wars has an item mall, but its all purely cosmetic or things like expanded storage space. Granted they did release expansions that gave new weapons, but they were no stronger than any other weapons, just looked different.

Oh and I forgot the one summoning stone that you got through some limited edition or another, but that leads to another thing ArenaNet did right; restricting the use of certain items in pvp.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:04 pm 
Site Contributor

Shows some real intelligence if people are willing to argue that a game sucks and it hasn't even been released yet. Feels like old GD again, useless and stupid arguing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:48 am 
Elite Member

Gaigemasta wrote:
Shows some real intelligence if people are willing to argue that a game sucks and it hasn't even been released yet. Feels like old GD again, useless and stupid arguing.

I wouldn't call it arguing. It's more of a discussion about Joymax as a company and their past and how it could possibly effect the success or failure of SRO2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:17 am 
Loyal Member

Definitely gonna try it out. Not getting my hopes up or anything but the game has potential so id like to see if they do anything different or if its the same sh!t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:24 am 

joymax need to do a few things,
remove gold spammers instantly...
ban all illegal program users and bots instantly.

it would probably be a good idea to make a few servers based on your first language too.