Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: PathEngine and Silkroad 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 pm 
Frequent Member

penfold1992 wrote:
joymax need to do a few things,
remove gold spammers instantly...
ban all illegal program users and bots instantly.

it would probably be a good idea to make a few servers based on your first language too.

Thing they need to do is make it P2P, and most of the problems would disapear, except botters. Or like some other games without monthly fee, you buy the game and you have ingame shop just for fashion and stuff.
I like your idea about servers based on languages, but then again if they make the game P2P there wouldnt be Turks and Egy running around and annoying people. Because 90% of those players were like kids.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:56 am 

_MvP_ wrote:
Thing they need to do is make it P2P

lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 am 
Elite Member

_MvP_ wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:
joymax need to do a few things,
remove gold spammers instantly...
ban all illegal program users and bots instantly.

it would probably be a good idea to make a few servers based on your first language too.

Thing they need to do is make it P2P, and most of the problems would disapear, except botters. Or like some other games without monthly fee, you buy the game and you have ingame shop just for fashion and stuff.
I like your idea about servers based on languages, but then again if they make the game P2P there wouldnt be Turks and Egy running around and annoying people. Because 90% of those players were like kids.

No one in their right minds would pay a subscription fee to play SRO.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:07 pm 
Banned User

penfold1992 wrote:
learned the lesson of what? the lesson they need to learn is that they do **** all....

i wanna work for joymax! a salary of over 50 grand and i sit around doing nothing, sounds like a dream.... even if i get asked to do some coding all i have to do is code some bullshit make sure i leave a load of bloat in the files and clog up the pk2 files and just recolor some models with paint.

then i sit back with no customer support... in fact no support at all and just rake in my salary

Could you? I couldnt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:12 pm 

w00t wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:
learned the lesson of what? the lesson they need to learn is that they do **** all....

i wanna work for joymax! a salary of over 50 grand and i sit around doing nothing, sounds like a dream.... even if i get asked to do some coding all i have to do is code some bullshit make sure i leave a load of bloat in the files and clog up the pk2 files and just recolor some models with paint.

then i sit back with no customer support... in fact no support at all and just rake in my salary

Could you? I couldnt.

for the money they make... id shovel cow shit for 12 hours a day -.-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 pm 
Elite Member

penfold1992 wrote:
w00t wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

Could you? I couldnt.

for the money they make... id shovel cow shit for 12 hours a day -.-

I can just imagine though.

*hands in resume to a real game company*
"Oh....I see you worked for Joymax? Sir, that doesn't count as real work experience in this industry, and in fact you should be ashamed. Good day."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm 
Valued Member

P2P would be more beneficial if they did it right. <- Keyword
I still prefer free shit...but don't we all? :sohappy:
They just need to remove the mechanics that make a player want to bot and add in A LOT more end-game entertainment to keep their players.

I'm just curious to see if JM learned their lesson.... which they probably didn't.

I can see it now...1 weapon elixir will cost $5, 1 lucky powder will cost $5 with 10% chance of success.
After +2 your weapon can be destroyed, and you'll need Immortal which will be $10, and weapons only drop once every 1-2 days. :yay:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 pm 

Nah, not +2, +'ing your weapon at all can destroy it, starting at a 10% chance and increasing by 10% for every plus
Adding blues has a 50% chance of removing all other blues currently on the gear
When fixing stats on gear, one stat will always by reset to 0% at random

This can all be remedied by paying $100 for a premium that removes all this. The premium lasts 10 minutes from the time of use.

I'd say I hit the nail on the head pretty well there, we all know all the kids with their parent's credit cards would be all over that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:41 pm 
Elite Member

Toast wrote:
Nah, not +2, +'ing your weapon at all can destroy it, starting at a 10% chance and increasing by 10% for every plus

This can all be remedied by paying $100 for a premium that removes all this. The premium lasts 10 minutes from the time of use.

I'd say I hit the nail on the head pretty well there, we all know all the kids with their parent's credit cards turks would be all over that.

Fixed that for you

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 pm 

.curve wrote:
Toast wrote:

I'd say I hit the nail on the head pretty well there, we all know all the kids with their parent's credit cards turks would be all over that.

Fixed that for you

Do you really think those turks, are
a) Older than 13
b) Using their own money
>.>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 am 
Frequent Member

Toshiharu wrote:
_MvP_ wrote:

lol

Whats so funny? I rather pay like 15$ per month and be equal with evryone than play something called free play, which we all know its pay 2 win.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 am 

i hope the turks arent older then 13... i would be upset if they are adults with the attitudes of children as well as the bad english they seem to spread over silkroad
how do you mistake pwp with pvp? or clewic? or galavier? even when the game gives you the word they spell it wrong -.-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am 

penfold1992 wrote:
i hope the turks arent older then 13... i would be upset if they are adults with the attitudes of children as well as the bad english they seem to spread over silkroad
how do you mistake pwp with pvp? or clewic? or galavier? even when the game gives you the word they spell it wrong -.-

I wouldn't rule it out, I've seen quite a few adults that act like children.

Pwp mens? No use clewic, I giwe you +9 nowa glawie if win.

It almost hurt to type like that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 am 
Elite Member

Toast wrote:
penfold1992 wrote:

I wouldn't rule it out, I've seen quite a few adults that act like children.

Pwp mens? No use clewic, I giwe you +9 nowa glawie if win.

It almost hurt to type like that.

It hurts even more to read it!

Anyway, I'm definitely going to try Silkroad 2 when it comes out no matter what.
It might suck, but seeing as I spent quite some time playing the first game, I guess it wouldn't make sense to try the next one :)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 pm 
Valued Member

I'm hoping they'll have more servers in more locations this time around for the sake of language barriers.
For example they could set up a few servers on the west coast of Europe/east coast USA so North Americans and Europeans can play together.... And add in a few TR servers to keep them away.

Also, PathEngine is an engine for movement, mapping, and AI, I want to know what engine they're going to use for graphics. Hopefully something outrageous so the Turkish kids can't play. :sohappy:
It's still probably going to be based on point and click, though.

Quite a few games acquire this license 1-2 years before they release, I'd imagine a release anywhere from early to late 2014, even as late as 2015. Then again, KSRO has been out 1-2 years[?] more than iSRO, we might not even get the game until 2017 for all we know. By then I won't even remember what SRO is.

I'd be happy with a 1 time purchase- no sub if they'd remove everything from the item mall except cosmetic items. SRO without Astral, Immo, Prem+, and DS... sounds great to me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:45 pm 

_MvP_ wrote:
Toshiharu wrote:
_MvP_ wrote:

lol

Whats so funny? I rather pay like 15$ per month and be equal with evryone than play something called free play, which we all know its pay 2 win.

I wouldn't pay monthly for Silkroad since it wouldn't be worth it along with a staff like Joymax. What's also funny is that Silkroad wasn't always pay to win. Hell even with astrals which people for some reason think was required for +7 and higher. Now.. well.. that's a different story. Oh yeah I was playing without premium[+] for quite a long time. Not technically pay to win, but at quite some advantage when they came out along with devil spirit.

Overtime it became pay to win probably because they saw a decline in profits and morons flocked to buy stupid shit. Look how successful the new tiers are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 pm 

Rawr wrote:
I'm hoping they'll have more servers in more locations this time around for the sake of language barriers.
For example they could set up a few servers on the west coast of Europe/east coast USA so North Americans and Europeans can play together.... And add in a few TR servers to keep them away.

Also, PathEngine is an engine for movement, mapping, and AI, I want to know what engine they're going to use for graphics. Hopefully something outrageous so the Turkish kids can't play. :sohappy:
It's still probably going to be based on point and click, though.

Quite a few games acquire this license 1-2 years before they release, I'd imagine a release anywhere from early to late 2014, even as late as 2015. Then again, KSRO has been out 1-2 years[?] more than iSRO, we might not even get the game until 2017 for all we know. By then I won't even remember what SRO is.

I'd be happy with a 1 time purchase- no sub if they'd remove everything from the item mall except cosmetic items. SRO without Astral, Immo, Prem+, and DS... sounds great to me.

Silkroad on Frostbite 2.
*megusta*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:10 pm 
Valued Member

Cryengine 1, now that's a great engine for SRO since it has such lush environments, and the Turks can't play because it will rape their computers. :sohappy: BF3/FB2 is amazing, but their environmental areas need more work, everything looks so rigid.

Spoiler!

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same graphic engine from SRO just to save a few bucks, then reskin everything. :rant:

I'll come visit this thread again if any info pops up... in 2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 am 

Rawr wrote:
Cryengine 1, now that's a great engine for SRO since it has such lush environments, and the Turks can't play because it will rape their computers. :sohappy: BF3/FB2 is amazing, but their environmental areas need more work, everything looks so rigid.

Spoiler!

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same graphic engine from SRO just to save a few bucks, then reskin everything. :rant:

I'll come visit this thread again if any info pops up... in 2 years.

CryEngine 1 was (is, CryEngine 2 was pretty disappointing) awesome, but imagine Silkroad with the destruction of Frostbite 2. You could literally blow holes in fortress walls, instead of just whacking at it for 5 minutes.

That reminds me of another game...........
Oh yeah, CoD