Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: It has been a long time..
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:56 am 
Forum God

Oh venus. <3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:15 am 
Frequent Member

Oh Tasdik.. He was such a noob back then.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 am 

whats changed?

also i dont have anything to say about that link... ive seen people with more gold and this game is still in beta...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:31 pm 
Forum God

Guardia wrote:
Oh Tasdik.. He was such a noob back then.

Level 56 Wiz/bard, come at me, bro. <3

*bitch slaps Penfold*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 pm 

To get back on topic again. You may want to try out this server:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=131716

I personally think, that the rates on this server are by far too high and I do not play on it, but it seems to be quite popular for the people on this forum (who still play SRO).

If you want to get further informations about the current state of the server, you should probably ask in the linked topic.

At least I would rather play on this server than on Silkroad Salvation. 60x rates may still be high, but Salvation basically has infinite rates (instant cap), which is much larger.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm 

Kronos wrote:

I personally think, that the rates on this server are by far too high and I do not play on it, but it seems to be quite popular for the people on this forum (who still play SRO).

If you want to get further informations about the current state of the server, you should probably ask in the linked topic.

At least I would rather play on this server than on Silkroad Salvation. 60x rates may still be high, but Salvation basically has infinite rates (instant cap), which is much larger.

We all quit, lack of events, no FW, no GW because 90% of the time the other guilds were out botting. There was pretty much nothing to do when you capped at that server, and I didn't even cap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 pm 

Hm, apparently this is not true then (from the advertising post):

Quote:
Basically, there are no bots, as you can't bot on the jsro files.

Well, would have been to nice to be true, i guess....

And even if there were no bots, the rates are still to high.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 am 
Forum God

Gotta love people who have no method for actually keeping the bots out of their servers. So cute.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 am 

Kronos wrote:
Hm, apparently this is not true then (from the advertising post):

Quote:
Basically, there are no bots, as you can't bot on the jsro files.

Well, would have been to nice to be true, i guess....

And even if there were no bots, the rates are still to high.

I can't remember, it was either true and still turk filled, or true for a while but bots started to show up. One of those, either way it was still really boring.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 am 

There are no bots on Silkroad Revelations. Unfortunately there is no way they can implement Fort War. Job activity is quite nice there though.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 pm 

silkroad salvation was good and id join back if i trusted fly.
it was successful but the balancing of classes and the way it was ran by fly was the issue... it began with s/s being too op (cuz people didnt have gear basically) then after that, warriors just began shitting over everyone.
also unless u were a euro with cleric sub, u were useless... healing was so op you could over heal s/s nukers bladers, rogues, bards... glaviers stun sometimes lasted like 4 seconds which ment they could kill u... bowers critting lots due to people pimping there gear to at least 80% crit caused clerics to die and warriors were just op.

after that, 40% of the server rerolled to warrior (even aristocrat rerolled just because warriors were op) and after consistant QQing by Onse rogues became op as hell after that.

it was a shame that fly had no idea how bad his balancing issues caused the game play to diminish for people, most of my guild quit because people just didnt have a warrior/ceric

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 pm 

penfold1992 wrote:
it was successful but the balancing of classes and the way it was ran by fly was the issue... it began with s/s being too op (cuz people didnt have gear basically) then after that, warriors just began shitting over everyone.
also unless u were a euro with cleric sub, u were useless... healing was so op you could over heal s/s nukers bladers, rogues, bards... glaviers stun sometimes lasted like 4 seconds which ment they could kill u... bowers critting lots due to people pimping there gear to at least 80% crit caused clerics to die and warriors were just op.

after that, 40% of the server rerolled to warrior (even aristocrat rerolled just because warriors were op) and after consistant QQing by Onse rogues became op as hell after that.

it was a shame that fly had no idea how bad his balancing issues caused the game play to diminish for people, most of my guild quit because people just didnt have a warrior/ceric

Indeed. He was just screwing around with the balance too much.

Also with mainly 8D, you were basically useless against 11D people. The difference was just huge...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Kronos wrote:

This is very helpfull, thank you, I'll surely try this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:28 am 
Forum God

penfold1992 wrote:

The balance on Salvation was a helluvah a lot better then it ever was on isro. You bitch about warriors here, but remember when warriors on isro just spammed Dare Devil and won every fight? I do.

And about not having a cleric sub = you're useless. I remember when Fable's 8 man euro party, who globaled right before BA about being an auto-win team set up, lost to Notorious' 7/8 chinese party. Why? Because teamwork > Builds. We were all in vent, talking/yelling at each other of what to do and when to do it. That's how an MMO is supposed to be played. I don't think I ever actually ever lost a party BA over the several hundred of BA's that I played. And half of that time, I was on my glavie.

Back to your main point, at the end of the day, it's impossible for every build to be perfectly balanced with every other build. You say warriors and rogues are OP? I could beat 95% of them on my hybrid int spear. Not even kidding. There's not a single build out there that could beat every build around. Unlike isro, where unless you're a warrior or rogue, you might as well just not even bother PvP'ing.

Plus, I love seeing battle bards actually killing people. Never seen, or probably will see, that on any other server. And on what other server can a wiz/cleric and bard/cleric win a 2v2 tourney against every other combination of builds out there? AND we never lost a single round. DarkSaint and I beat Treachery and Unse (Who were warrior/cleric and rogue/cleric, respectively) in a 3-0 fight to win it all. And then for the fun of it, we even beat Alpha, and some other euro, who's name/build I forget, again, 3-0.

And I love how people always made such a big deal about 11d vs 8d. Where the only real difference was +2 bonus, and some blues. Where as on isro you'd have botters in full sun face tanking everything. At least on Salvation, even the people with the best gear were still killable. That, and getting full 11d was incredibly easy. I'd know, I have like 4-5 different sets/weapons.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:59 am 
Valued Member

Berethor's always had this grudge on Salvation, you know that. Can't change his mind.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:56 am 
Forum God

So true. I do find it amusing though how he always keeps talking about it.

P.S. I love you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:56 am 

the pvp was good in salvation certainly but the probably was that every small advantage got blown out of the water by people just rerolling.
im sure if i was fighting u on a warrior/cleric against ur hybrid int spear i wouldnt have lost (when i was playing)
i think its more the player then the balancing.

but i would have returned with no shadow of a doubt if it wasnt for what fly did that lost my trust in him.

the reason i left was because every1 just rerolled whenever a patch was released that made a certain class OP (u cannot deny that warriors were so much stronger... even phadrea ksed me on uniques and he was a warrior and i was a wizard!!!)

the reason i never returned was fly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 pm 
Forum God

Doubt it. Not doubting your skills, but with the use of icewalls, plus having like 16.5k health, I could tank pretty damn well. While stealing dealing amazing damage.

Hell hath no fury like a penfold scorned.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:14 pm 

hmmm i assume u still play salvation so im not sure what its like now but when i left every warrior was using axes to just shit all over people.
2h sucked really bad and people used 1h just to apply dull.
most bladers against warriors would end up being stunned or in dull for half the time. once a warrior applys dull outside special pill cool down it was gg for most classes... (im talking before the roc set came out)

the issue was more to do with... "the more you QQ in the forums, the stronger your build got" that was definatly the case between warriors and rogues. i remember me and hideoki making a post about s/s nukers being under powered then i even showed fly me constantly nuking and kding a cleric with +3 gear on and he could just simply out heal my damage (unless i managed to cancel his rd recast with my kd) but nothing was done because not enough people cried about it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:27 pm 
Forum God

I don't, actually. Quit a long time ago.

But yeah, warriors were OP for a while, but they also got changed back a long time ago. Their not that hard anymore, still decent, but not op.

And the tricky thing about nerfing str clerics is, if you do that, int clerics will get nerfed in the process. Which could be good, and bad. So eh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:56 pm 

I can still shit all over people with axes. Know why? Not because their OP, but because 100% reinforce and crit make a really damn big difference.
You're not going to win many pvp's if you don't use 2h too though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:29 pm 

2h sucked when i was there... not sure about now... what do u do with ur time now tasdik?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:29 am 
Forum God

Work out, work, hang with friends, flirt with ladies. You know, the usual things normal people do. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 am 

I really don't know, why people always jump on me, when i just mention the word Silkroad Salvation. Is my opinion really that important to you? Yea, it's true, that i never really liked it. I even tried it and that's already quite an achievement for a private server. Except for Salvation i tried only 2 others and it's unlikely that i will try others. Anyway I just didn't like it from the start. Lv.70 cap with the D11 equipment just didn't seem very balanced to me, which was the main reason, why i left it soon after the release. I even came back for a short period of time to check, if something had changed, while i was gone. But I just realized that basically nothing really changed. Full D11 people were still way too OP and i always had at least 2-3 8D people in my BA team, while the other team was full 11D in most cases. It was futile to try getting enough coins for my own D11 set like that. In the end i had 1 part including the coins from my first character and just decided it would make more sense to spend my time on something else (Skyrim).

Also if Silkroad Salvation is so great in your opinion, why are you not playing anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
Work out, work, hang with friends, flirt with ladies. You know, the usual things normal people do. ;)

LOLOLOLOLOL no seriously... what are u doing =)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm 
Forum God

Berethor, it's not that you dislike Salvation, which I'm fine with. It's that you constantly talk about Salvation. You're like a bitter ex girlfriend who just won't let it go. It gets old.

@ Penfold, most recently? Working on my planking skills.
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:14 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
Berethor, it's not that you dislike Salvation, which I'm fine with. It's that you constantly talk about Salvation. You're like a bitter ex girlfriend who just won't let it go. It gets old.

@ Penfold, most recently? Working on my planking skills.
Spoiler!

Constantly talking about Silkroad Salvation? I don't know, what you mean, but i haven't even been active on the forum during the last few months, except for the recent posts in this topic. And in this topic i wasn't the first, who mentioned Silkroad Salvation. In this topic i just tried to help the OP with finding a decent server. Apparently I was the most useful one in this topic for the OP:
eysjaak wrote:
Kronos wrote:

This is very helpfull, thank you, I'll surely try this.

My last post about Silkroad Salvation (before this topic) was probably 5-6 months ago (maybe more, I didn't check it). So that's constantly talking about Silkroad Salvation for you? Also, am i not allowed to post in a topic, if Silkroad Salvation has been mentioned before in it, even if i could contribute with valuable informations?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:18 pm 
Forum God

You are correct. You're not allowed to ever speak of Salvation, ever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:22 pm 

Tasdik wrote:
You are correct. You're not allowed to ever speak of Salvation, ever.

And since when are you the one, who is making the forum rules? Your name is neither red nor green.

Anyway i am done with this topic for now. The OP has found a suitable server for him, so my job is done here.

Last edited by Kronos on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:24 pm 
Forum God

If you don't want my opinion, then don't ask for it.