Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: It has been a long time..
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi,
I'm trying to start with Silkroad again, since like 2 years. I quit because there were only turkish or spanish people in my server (seriously, learn english). Long story short, Ragequit because I had no one to talk to.
My question now is, is there anyone who wants a silkroad buddy who is quite good at english and has a shitload of time (Holidays, DUH!). I'm willing to start all over (used to play on Apollo).
I've searched the internet for topics like this but all were over a year old, not helping at all :l.
Anyone? Please don't tell me this forum is deserted, like most others I've posted ='(

Also, I might try sro-r (i've read some things about it, seems cool, but all I'm looking for is an active community).

Post subject: Re: It has been a long time..
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 pm 

if youre looking for english speaking players... this is the wrong game xD but yeah english players only seem to play pvt servers now =(

there is one guild on sro-r but i wouldnt recommend playing this lame excuse of a game if you dont bot and dont speak turkish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:48 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

penfold1992 wrote:
if youre looking for english speaking players... this is the wrong game xD but yeah english players only seem to play pvt servers now =(

there is one guild on sro-r but i wouldnt recommend playing this lame excuse of a game if you dont bot and dont speak turkish.

Do YOU still play the game? Also, with speaking english I just mean the basic stuff. (like when I say "Not for sale" you understand that I'm not selling the item, I seriously had to use google.translate to let him know).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm 

not isro no but private servers yep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 pm 

*coughsalvationcough*

Thats probably your best bet, sooner win the lottery than find a official server that isn't populated entirely by turks, and people who play like turks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:07 pm 

Toast wrote:
*coughsalvationcough*

Thats probably your best bet, sooner win the lottery than find a official server that isn't populated entirely by turks, and people who play like turks.

Yea, right. Because an instant cap server with around 40-50 people online at peak times is so awesome.

Tbh, i couldn't even imagine anything, that would be more boring. I prefer playing other games nowadays, as i just realized, that there will never be a server (private or official), which is suitable for me.

If i would want to play SRO, it would be on SRO-R on Thebes. As far as i know, there is still a legit community left there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:59 pm 

which reminds me... eden eternal seems like a pretty good game, but its anime looking (for people that dont like that style look away now)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 pm 

penfold1992 wrote:
which reminds me... eden eternal seems like a pretty good game, but its anime looking (for people that dont like that style look away now)

It doesn't seem like something i would want to play either. Currently i spend most of my time on Diablo III. At least at the moment, i prefer it over any other game, even if there are bugs, bots and balancing issues. But I guess almost every online game has these issues to a certain extent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:48 pm 

Kronos wrote:
Toast wrote:
*coughsalvationcough*

Yea, right. Because an instant cap server with around 40-50 people online at peak times is so awesome.

Tbh, i couldn't even imagine anything, that would be more boring. I prefer playing other games nowadays, as i just realized, that there will never be a server (private or official), which is suitable for me.

If i would want to play SRO, it would be on SRO-R on Thebes. As far as i know, there is still a legit community left there.

500 idiots that don't speak English acceptably, or even partially constantly botting, no community at all

or

50 English speakers that actually play the game and make it fun

Pretty obvious choice which one would be more boring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 am 
Valued Member

*grabs popcorn*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Very helpfull discussion ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:34 am 

eysjaak wrote:
Very helpfull discussion ^^

I know right?

My suggestion remains the same. I'll take my "underpopulated" "boring" server any day over bot infested community-less servers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 am 

my suggestion, play eden eternal until gw2 is released.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:55 pm 

Toast wrote:
Kronos wrote:
Toast wrote:
*coughsalvationcough*

500 idiots that don't speak English acceptably, or even partially constantly botting, no community at all

or

50 English speakers that actually play the game and make it fun

Pretty obvious choice which one would be more boring

This is exactly the reason, why i don't play SRO anymore. Neither of the 2 options mentioned above seem enjoyable for me. If you like your instant cap server with 50 people, there is really nothing wrong with it, but it's just not really my cup of tea.

Also I'd really love to have a SRO server with an active community and active pt-play (maybe 80 or 90 cap at first and with increasing cap later, if people should get too bored) on rather low rates (it should take several months to get capped or else it will be boring too fast). Playing together in pts makes the game enjoyable for me and (at least in my opinion) it's rather pointless, when you are already capped. Grinding only for good items and drops just doesn't really capture me for a long time. I don't know, if you were part of the TSRO legit community (some people had a similar IGN there :) ) or the Azteca legit community, but those were by far the best SRO experiences for me. In both cases we had really large legit communities and playing together was a lot fun. Too bad the IP-ban on TSRO ruined it all in the end....

But I guess that's just a dream. There just don't seem to be enough legits, who just want to euro-pt grind together. Or maybe it is just, that the people with the server files think, that there won't be enough people? The large legit movements on Venus, TSRO and Azteca clearly proved them wrong. It just won't be easy to gather them on 1 certain server after all this time and many of them unfortunately stopped playing SRO completely...
(and with each "failed" legit movement, even more legits stop playing)

penfold1992 wrote:
my suggestion, play eden eternal until gw2 is released.

I actually did take a look into it and at least one aspect of that game seems rather interesting. You can change your character class anytime you want (if you have the correct equip for both classes). For example if your healer/tank/etc has to leave suddenly, one of the other players can just switch their class and take over. In my opinion that's quite an interesting feature (imagine that for SRO. If the warrior suddenly has to leave, 1 of the wizards just switches to warrior and the pt can continue. It would be much easier to form pts like that.), but in general the whole game doesn't seem very appealing to me, which means i'll stick to Diablo III for now.

Edit: Actually I have been wrong about the following part:
Kronos wrote:

I heard from Valkyria (Finsterlord), that the legit community on SRO-R Thebes doesn't exist anymore. Under these circumstances i do not recommend SRO-R anymore. Actually at the moment I do not even recommend playing on any SRO server, as there just isn't a suitable server/legit community atm (in my opinion).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:49 pm 

Instinct, toastpwnu, hai mens.

I know you were on tsro, but I forget who you were, either way the amount of players on tsro didn't differ that much from Salvation, just sayin. >.>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm 

Toast wrote:
Instinct, toastpwnu, hai mens.

I know you were on tsro, but I forget who you were, either way the amount of players on tsro didn't differ that much from Salvation, just sayin. >.>

Oh, hi. I have sent you a PM to discuss this further, as i don't want to derail this topic even more.

Short version here: I disagree, we had much more active people on TSRO during peak times. You were probably just unlucky with the time zone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:31 am 
Frequent Member

Only in Venus! Missed the old community..

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 am 
Valued Member

Hey look, I logged on on the 2nd screen.

I'm cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 am 

Guardia wrote:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Hm, venus confederation screenshots never cease to amaze me. They also make me realize, that both TSRO and Azteca were insignificant and small compared to the Venus confederation. I almost feel ashamed for mentioning them in 1 sentence as the large legit movements, but i still consider Azteca and TSRO as "large", as they were by far the largest legit communities, which i experienced myself. I guess i should have joined the Venus Confederation as soon as i heard about it...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Guardia wrote:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Do you suggest that I should start over in Venus?
I'm pretty much craving for someone to talk to, would they let me join even though I'm lvl 1? :>

From what I'm seeing, there are still some people left on this forum, so at least a few english people care about silkroad ^^

Last edited by eysjaak on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am 

Venus doesn't exist anymore, just tossing that out there.
As in not the community doesn't, the server doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:49 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Toast wrote:

Yeah it changed into whatsoever, but didn't the community hop over?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:52 am 

eysjaak wrote:
Toast wrote:

Yeah it changed into whatsoever, but didn't the community hop over?

The legits, who used to play on Venus, are not playing anymore. These screenshots are from several years ago and the legits have left the server since then. So there are no legits left anymore unfortunately. They all stopped playing shortly after 100 cap came to ISRO afaik.

eysjaak wrote:
From what I'm seeing, there are still some people left on this forum, so at least a few english people care about silkroad ^^

Yea, unfortunately they are scattered over different servers nowadays, which makes it hard to play together. Also I still have contact to several other people, who are not active here, but still "care" about the game and speak english.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Kronos wrote:

Yea, unfortunately they are scattered over different servers nowadays, which makes it hard to play together. Also I still have contact to several other people, who are not active here, but still "care" about the game and speak english.

I've found a (somewhat) legit guild in serpens, gravediggers. Do you know any legit players on there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:06 am 

eysjaak wrote:
Kronos wrote:

I've found a (somewhat) legit guild in serpens, gravediggers. Do you know any legit players on there?

No, actually I don't know any legits, which still play on ISRO. That doesn't mean, that they don't exist though. The legits, which i know, currently either don't play SRO (and i am not sure, if they would even return) or they are playing on private servers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

What we could do, since it seems there is somewhat of a community on here, is make a thread where we'd state that if there are enough people reacting we'd start on sro again, I'm sure all the old legit players will play again if everyone's up to it. Only problem is how to communicate it, which would be that thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:22 pm 

i personally wont rejoin silkroad... i love the game but it always ends the same... im tired of the egy/turks and botters...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:27 pm 
Valued Member

eysjaak wrote:
What we could do, since it seems there is somewhat of a community on here, is make a thread where we'd state that if there are enough people reacting we'd start on sro again, I'm sure all the old legit players will play again if everyone's up to it. Only problem is how to communicate it, which would be that thread.

Lol good luck with that. People have moved on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:47 pm 

eysjaak wrote:

Hm, i wouldn't be too sure about that. Most of the old legits unfortunately won't return. Do you really think we never tried something similar to get a legit community running? The legits here just won't gather on the same server. If you don't believe me, just go ahead and try it.

Also i am not quite sure, which server we should pick for such a project. I'd prefer a server with rather low rates (close to the official ones), but with basically no bots. We could either pick foreign servers or private servers, which ban bots. Both of them have their disadvantages though.

Anyway I guess you can see the problem in the 2 posts above this one. To be honest, I am not even sure, if I would join a further legit movement, unless it looks really promising.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

penfold1992 wrote:

And unfortunately reading reviews about this game which all seemed to be decent I came across this on how Aeria games screwed over a guy who was quite adept at selling/buying in the Auction House and even went so far as how the company modified his forum posts on the games official forums several times. So ya might be best to avoid this one. :)

http://aeriagamestruth.blogspot.ca/