Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Capture the Flag is BS -.-
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I play Silkroad-R on the server Thebes, and I've played about 10 games of Capture the Flag in the past few days. However, it always seems as if one team completely dominates the other. Maybe the teams are equal, however, the first team to kill the majority of the other team will 95% of the time control the rest of the match. They just get all their players to the other teams spawn. And once you spawn, in 5 seconds you'll have 4+ players attacking you.

I think Joymax should have some updates on capture the flag. Maybe have a spot in each spawn where they are untouchable. This way, teams can gather, buff up, and potentially fight the opposing team without having 4 or 5 players attacking them. But when you walk out, you cannot re-enter it until 5 seconds after combat (this way you wont have everyone running to the safe zone when they're about to die). Also, you don't spawn until like 30 seconds after you die, even though it says 10. Not a big deal, but it bugged me when I didn't understand why I wouldn't spawn. And no one seems to even go after the flag, because there's barely a reward. The winning team should get a ticket for every flag captured, or maybe the one who captures it gets a few tickets.

Sorry for such a long post, i'm venting :rant:

Post subject: Re: Capture the Flag is BS -.-
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:40 pm 
Veteran Member

Joymax had this, they added a room where you could buff. It's still there but disabled. That's why you can run behind the spawn into that hallway. Then they removed it because shitty noobs kept bitching about it. That and Joymax enjoys shoving it up player's ass.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:01 pm 
Addicted Member

Yeah there was a room like that (was it in summer ctf or what, can't remember).

It is enabled at some private servers now, well basically this room is a safe zone, but in opposite to towns, you can hit who are outside but they can't hit inside, oh and once you are out of the room, you can't re-enter until you die.

The counter is 30 seconds not 10 sec (another bug, yay).

Well honestly that room made Ctf way more interesting and not a camp fest.

Now at Sro-R people tend to kill the mobs then leave if they get camped, so it ends like 6 vs 2, making it ~ 13 minutes of boredom (first few minutes are for killing mobs).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:41 pm 
Ex-Staff

I loved doing ctf on pimped out lvl ~70 chars xD Being able to tank and take out a whole team ftw.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 pm 
Forum God

Ha, I remember all the BA CTF's on isro. We (Corrupt, Flow, and I) never lost. Even against people who were 10-15 levels higher then us with pimped out gear, when we had basically npc gear. Strategy ftw.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 pm 
Elite Member

You should try CTF in ISRO, now that is fcked up. 7d people together with 13d people and the teams are not even full.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 pm 
Forum God

That was on isro. Granted, it was ba ctf, not ctf, but yeah.

A method we'd use quite often, if we didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of actually killing them is, wait for the last minute or so, buff up a str char with warrior/cleric buffs + oblation, bless, skin, screen, then have the other people on the team spam kb's on the other teams main damage dealers, and run like a mofo, get the flag, place it with 3 seconds to spare, ????, profit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:43 pm 
Addicted Member

Tasdik wrote:

A method we'd use quite often, if we didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of actually killing them is, wait for the last minute or so, buff up a str char with warrior/cleric buffs + oblation, bless, skin, screen, then have the other people on the team spam kb's on the other teams main damage dealers, and run like a mofo, get the flag, place it with 3 seconds to spare, ????, profit.

Surely better than the invisible wizards holding the flag for 15 minutes :sohappy:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:32 pm 

i didnt even know wizards could go invisible on isro.... i thought everyone had pk2 hacks to see invis wizards -.-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:28 am 
Forum God

penfold1992 wrote:
i didnt even know wizards could go invisible on isro.... i thought everyone had pk2 hacks to see invis wizards -.-

Never really had a huge problem with it.

As for detecting invis wizards/rogues, invis/stealth pots ftw.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:21 am 

Tasdik wrote:
Ha, I remember all the BA CTF's on isro. We (Corrupt, Flow, and I) never lost. Even against people who were 10-15 levels higher then us with pimped out gear, when we had basically npc gear. Strategy ftw.

Same with our BA team. We basically never lost, even if the opponent team had several people with D12, while we had only Treachery and a lv.101+ afk-warrior (logged in by Treachery). The rest of our team were just Lv.9X, most of us even with huge gaps. I was still using a complete D9 set at that time. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 am 
Elite Member

Tasdik wrote:

*@OP. :)

But that 10sec respawn thingy in CTF is actually the BA one, they just overwrote the CTF respawn timer window when they added BA, but the actual respawn time is still 30 in CTF, as it has always been.