Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Silkroad has died
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm 

orador wrote:
PR0METHEUS wrote:
BuDo wrote:
Huge fun for me in the beginning...Huge...in 06 people actually played the game...people actually traded and collaborated...They fought in the triangular conflict....It was a community in every sense....That only lasted for 2 caps..... 70 and 80... Then it slowly turned into what it is now...A barren desert....a void...

Quoted for truth.

I remember the 70 cap and the time when people actually participated in the Triangular Conflict, on all three sides. I remember grinding on tigers and black tigers and watching long lines of traders marching through as I try to dodge NPC thieves that went aggro on me if I got too close. I remember when thieves would disguise themselves as hunters, hop the ferry, and switch back to the thief suit to rob the caravan when it hopped the ferry. Times were different back then. It was a fun time.

I remember the 80 cap where people were waiting to be come level 20 and get the job outfits. Level 20 was a great achievement for a new player and the 1-star trading for some serious money would begin. You would always have to be carefull for 1-star poppers: High level thiefs that had a transport full of items that would put their transport near yours so that their npc thiefs would kill your transport and they could steal ur goods.

When your goods were stolen and you went back to leveling after the dissapointment, often high level hunters whispered me, telling me that they killed a thief that dropped my goods. THey would tell me where the goods were and protect me :D

Then you reached level 30. That was really big. If you reached level 30 you were with the big guys.

Silkroad was so fun back then. It died quickly after the 80 cap.

Hell yea, that's how it was ))

Post subject: Re: Silkroad has died
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 pm 
Site Contributor

It was my first MMO' and i made a lot of good friends from SRO that i still keep in contact with today (and from other games).

I stoped playing shortly after the 80 cap, at that point more and more bots were popping up and the game being a less a friendly place in general.