Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Am I f****d in the head?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 pm 

Am I a complete tar for almost crying when I think on the good times I've had playing SRO? Seriously, 2006-2007 was the happiest times in my gaming life. I was a shitty Fire/Light Blader, I never upgraded my skills or anything lol. I had to really work in order to get to lvl 30, which was as high as I ever got on that char. Lvl 29 was the coolest thing ever, when I got my 4/5 chains ^^

I remember when I finally could afford a wolf, I had spent 2 weeks finding stuff in the stalls and selling them at a higher price, and when I couldn't find anything I when hunting for drops. Oh the satisfaction when I finally got that wolf...

Now this game is completely f****d up, there are 13 degrees of gear, 120 levels, the top 10-20 levels are only accessible if you bot and PvP is based on how much $ you're willing to spend on the game.

SO! Am I prooper f****d up for almost crying when I think back to what a game it was and what it could've become?

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:
technically speaking all i need is DOT for dull and wheel bind to kill a chinese char but the other stuff just adds salt to the wounds

im telling i never lose to chinese

edit: and if ur the type to throw up a fire wall or ice wall, i just walk away and sit down lol

Post subject: Re: Am I f****d in the head?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 am 

No you are fine...as long as you don't actually cry.....that'd be stretching it a bit....But I know how you feel....I really loved the old days of SRO...There was something about it I never ever found in any other game....SRO will always be the most fondly memorable MMO I've ever played...At least at the 70 and 80 caps...Just reminiscing about the old times brings a pleasant smile....

I think what made SRO had such an impact on some of us was that it offered a little bit more than the formulaic social structure found in other games....Most other MMOs offered community interaction through questing/guild battles/PVP but SRO's triangular conflict system added more on top of all that...

The triangular conflict system created a more intriguing form of entertainment than say just simply player killing....The game also offered freedom....Back then you weren't tied to being a Thief or Hunter...or Trader...These roles were also class independent as well which offered flexibility...Not to mentioned they offered rewards (except for hunters..they farked hunters back then in the rewards department).....

Everyone can agree on the excitement that comes from watching a caravan of traders passing by not seeing you in your thief outfit......or a bunch of thieves riding by not seeing you in your hunter gear....The excitement is great whether your on the wrong end or the right end of that scenario...

SRO was a sandbox back then...and we enjoyed ourselves...It felt like an all day long recess just outside the city gates with tons of people fighting, chatting, arguing and PvPing while still yet another ton running/defending their lives in a triangular conflict....Everybody was doing something...the game was buzzing with life...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:54 am 
Forum Legend

erm nostalgia @_@"
Its like crying about 3rd grade when u had to do like, fckin nothing at all.

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm 
Veteran Member

Meh, there's no point in playing anymore. No drops, no trading, no nothing. Now everything is won through events. I just up and decided to stop playing one day. No point. Especially once server merged, shit just hit the fan. Glad I don't play actually. Heard fornax is going to shit with all the hackings and stuff being stolen. Lulz.

TBH, I had more fun on my lvl 77 char than I ever did on my 117.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:14 pm 
Frequent Member

apan wrote:
Now this game is completely f****d up, there are 13 degrees of gear, 120 levels, the top 10-20 levels are only accessible if you bot and PvP is based on how much $ you're willing to spend on the game.

Amen to that, 80 cap and the first 2-3 months of 90 cap were seriously awesome on Venus. I'd have to say these days were in my top 3 gaming experiences.

_
Diablo 3
GuyLafleur - 60 (54) - Wizz

GTA5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm 

Goseki wrote:
Meh, there's no point in playing anymore. No drops, no trading, no nothing. Now everything is won through events. I just up and decided to stop playing one day. No point. Especially once server merged, shit just hit the fan. Glad I don't play actually. Heard fornax is going to shit with all the hackings and stuff being stolen. Lulz.

Lucky...reaching lvl 117...but then again you're right about having more fun at 77 so I probably didn't miss much for not making 117+.......I also feel what you're saying about quitting....I just can't (and haven't) get back into it anymore....its not the same.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 am 
Forum Legend

Lol, remmember with my friend stalling over night for silliest stuff. And actually being so happy for getting barely 100k :'(

ImageImageImage
WE WANT [ TORCHLIGHT II], [TERA ONLINE], [BLADE&SOUL] AND... [DIABLO III].

~* Old Sigs *~
[x][x][x][x]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:48 am 

i cri evertim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 am 

Goseki wrote:

probably because you actually "played" on your level 77 char :roll: :roll: :roll:

but in all seriousness there was a multitude of things that brought the game to its knees.
botting was obviously the root to driving everything down but there was other issues, balancing for example as 2hers were just soooo OP if you made a bower or glavier it was almost like you either had to reroll or quit!

i guess the other problem for me was the community. Without sounding racist as hell, i got extremely frustrated with turks and egy players and their arrogance, ignorance and general lack of disrespect for everyone and everything. one of the contributing factors for me quitting silkroad pvt servers was when religion was used in some way to promote or give advantage to a specific group of people.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 am 
Loyal Member

I miss the days where you'd chuck on a hunter/thief suit and wait at dw south for a battle and in a few minutes you'd have a massive hunter/thief war going on lol. Sro was at its finest at 80 cap, no euro.
Also good times hunting unique monsters.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm 
Elite Member

I miss bot free Sro. I don't mind the lvl going higher and higher with new content. I think the stretch between lvls is ridiculous though. If like a lvl 89 to 90 takes like a week of grinding I don't think 90 to 91 should go up that much, even if it was the same amount of exp needed its still a week to lvl >.>.

My fav time was around when it came out. Not many people. pretty much no bots. Uruchi would spawn and last for an hour or longer with everyone coming out to find him, he'd get attacked, he'd spawn stuff, everyone dies or runs. Repeated upto Isy. Job wars start at don, more and more ppl come. No full sun retards. Me n Sacch had our own little guild, and do trade runs. Those runs form don to jangan where like no one was around were quite fun and peaceful, and the occasional thief I pwnd made it that much more fun.
And oh the drama of Sro lol. I miss being the high lvl everyone pm'd asking things too lol. Spreading my wisdom.

I want a new game where bots and gold buying stuff just wont happen. Maybe guild wars 2 but I shall'nt play it until I get a new pc, no low settings on that.

Although I gotta admit, 1 good things about bots was you could literally steal their shit. Sro is the only game i have played where you can actually steal other players gear/weapons. Bot hunting was quite fun, me and sacch would go around and just make bot after bot max murderer. Got so much nice stuff from them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:28 am 
Frequent Member

DarkJackal wrote:
I miss bot free Sro. I don't mind the lvl going higher and higher with new content. I think the stretch between lvls is ridiculous though. If like a lvl 89 to 90 takes like a week of grinding I don't think 90 to 91 should go up that much, even if it was the same amount of exp needed its still a week to lvl >.>.

My fav time was around when it came out. Not many people. pretty much no bots. Uruchi would spawn and last for an hour or longer with everyone coming out to find him, he'd get attacked, he'd spawn stuff, everyone dies or runs. Repeated upto Isy. Job wars start at don, more and more ppl come. No full sun retards. Me n Sacch had our own little guild, and do trade runs. Those runs form don to jangan where like no one was around were quite fun and peaceful, and the occasional thief I pwnd made it that much more fun.
And oh the drama of Sro lol. I miss being the high lvl everyone pm'd asking things too lol. Spreading my wisdom.

I want a new game where bots and gold buying stuff just wont happen. Maybe guild wars 2 but I shall'nt play it until I get a new pc, no low settings on that.

Although I gotta admit, 1 good things about bots was you could literally steal their shit. Sro is the only game i have played where you can actually steal other players gear/weapons. Bot hunting was quite fun, me and sacch would go around and just make bot after bot max murderer. Got so much nice stuff from them.

Brings back good memories doesnt it :)?
I think I remember your thread, damage contest during like 70 cap :). I was playing blader during 60 cap on xian, and when I saw your thread I fell in love with bowers so I made bower on Oasis when opened.

Good old days, thiefing on crossroads (near bandit stronghold), teleport through ferrie and switch to hunter then :D.
Now when I think off old days, what happend with silkroad tavern, it was very popular forum back then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 am 

^
lol indeed....good ole days...You just brought back a flood of sweet memories

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm 

Manly tears right here!

It's like meeting all of your long lost childhood friends, just as they used to be, on that god-blessed playground, called SRF. Hell, I did not believe this place still exists. When the whole bot-thing started, and big srf figures started getting banned, with all the butt-hurt "bot-police" people stalking on every single noted member. SG leaving us, every new legit community becoming smaller and less successful on the "new", back then, servers.

And yet, it's still here...

Seeing Master_Wong, someone, I admit, idolized, feels so awesome. Stalking him back in Xian, goddamn, you were my hero at a point, man! Reminscing all the memories I have from this place. OT was my single-greatest source of laughter, when GD had nothing to offer, but ranting.

All the people - Key-J, Draq, cin, that demi-god of ours - Ryoko, the dudest of the dudes - SG, BlackFox, RuYi, DJ, Ol3n, that stuck-up bit*h StuckUp, Crumps, Ito, 1211, so many many other.

All the others to admire - the top players and guilds. BH, dE, NetWarriorz, Xlaw, SD, TheEMPIRE, Infensus.

Oh, how I miss server wide-trade runs, the "Find Me - get 500k" game in Don, the "Reach me" one, where people would get to glitched places, especially around JG, the 3+ hours of Uniques camping, going to the JG cave and just speculating and day-dreaming about the cave it-self with other people there to do just that. Then on the forums, the events and games that may give you special titles, the nWo - G-Unit thing (Giraffe unit 4ever!), the awesomely random threads, the life-filled place that SRF was...

At some point, I left SRO for obvious reasons, some time after SRF as well. I have changed 3 computers, countless GFs, met friends, lost friends, moved out, immigrated, took up and let off alcohol, started a degree, found a job, lost one, and then found another again. And even now, if there is a place on the web that has given me so many good memories, that I've experienced so many emotions on, that makes me nostalgia that hard, that...

... I can call home on the internet, that would be SRF!

I thank each and every one of you I never knew for making this possible! :)

JacksColon wrote:
yes, but which one do you think enjoys taking it in the ass? that's the ultimate question and deciding factor for me :P

Last edited by TacticalMedic on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:13 pm 
Forum Legend

Aww.. such a sweet thread xD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 am 

*Throws math books on the desk!* F*CK THIS SHI I'M CREATING A NEW SILKROAD CHARACTER, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE! (^^)

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:
technically speaking all i need is DOT for dull and wheel bind to kill a chinese char but the other stuff just adds salt to the wounds

edit: and if ur the type to throw up a fire wall or ice wall, i just walk away and sit down lol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am 

apan wrote:
*Throws math books on the desk!* F*CK THIS SHI I'M CREATING A NEW SILKROAD CHARACTER, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE! (^^)

See you next month crying in GD that this game is dead!! No offense but thats how it always goes :P (i'm guilty as well)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Teddybeer wrote:
apan wrote:

See you next month crying in GD that this game is dead!! No offense but thats how it always goes :P (i'm guilty as well)

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:06 pm 

Teddybeer wrote:
apan wrote:

Problem solved, bought Guild Wars 2 ^^

LV 92 Blader

JuelzSantana wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:08 am 

Is the official game even playable anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 am 

The only way the official game is playable is if you find some friends who are online the same times as you and all of you play together. The more the better. From level 1-70 the game is bot free since there is no gold drops...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:14 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

apan, you took the word right out of my mouth. Honestly seeing all this people posting reply's about their experience of the 80 cap it makes me sad how joymax stuck a knife right in the back of the game and the veterans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 pm 
Banned User

You're a nostalgia guy. Silkroad had so many problems, even on release. It was a grind fest and it got worse as the time went on. The community is what made the game decent.

Playing Silkroad to me felt like playing a WoW private server. Very unprofessional. Tons of lags, tons of DCs, grinds, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Vortexx wrote:
You're a nostalgia guy. Silkroad had so many problems, even on release. It was a grind fest and it got worse as the time went on. The community is what made the game decent.

Playing Silkroad to me felt like playing a WoW private server. Very unprofessional. Tons of lags, tons of DCs, grinds, etc.

When ever I have a think about the past, not just about silk road i get a really big ache in my body and never knew what this was. I thought it was just me until now and there is actually a word for it, i dont know but i think i somewhat dwell on the past if that makes sense.

Thank you Vortexx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 am 

bessworth wrote:
apan, you took the word right out of my mouth. Honestly seeing all this people posting reply's about their experience of the 80 cap it makes me sad how joymax stuck a knife right in the back of the game and the veterans

You really shouldn't say something like that. As a botter, you basically contributed to the downfall of the game. Your kind ruined the gaming experience for everyone else. If there is someone to blame for the current situation of the game, it's mainly the community and not Joymax itself. Joymax only does, what the major part of the community wants, because then they will obviously make the most money. Botters like you shouldn't really complain about the game as it is now, since you guys made the game, what it is now. This is the main reason, why i don't like your kind. The game would have been alright for me, if there just wouldn't have been any botters.

Also in case someone wonders, I don't accuse him of botting without proof. The proof is here in this topic. The admins/mods just don't seem to be active at all anymore. So it makes no sense to post it in "Exposed Botters".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:58 am 
Frequent Member

Kronos wrote:
bessworth wrote:

You really shouldn't say something like that. As a botter, you basically contributed to the downfall of the game. Your kind ruined the gaming experience for everyone else. If there is someone to blame for the current situation of the game, it's mainly the community and not Joymax itself. Joymax only does, what the major part of the community wants, because then they will obviously make the most money. Botters like you shouldn't really complain about the game as it is now, since you guys made the game, what it is now. This is the main reason, why i don't like your kind. The game would have been alright for me, if there just wouldn't have been any botters.

Also in case someone wonders, I don't accuse him of botting without proof. The proof is here in this topic. The admins/mods just don't seem to be active at all anymore. So it makes no sense to post it in "Exposed Botters".

Careful there, Tasdik got banned for such claims.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:09 pm 

Bartic wrote:
Kronos wrote:
bessworth wrote:

Don't worry. I have enough proof, that he is actually botting. So nothing wrong with that.

Unless you are talking about the part with the admins/mods not being active anymore. But that's unfortunately my impression nowadays...

They don't even clean up Site Discussion anymore. Also i don't blame the mods/admins for that (especially during this time of the year). Actually it's quite impressive, that they still haven't given up on the whole forum, even if they don't play SRO anymore. I certainly wouldn't want to do that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 pm 
Frequent Member

Kronos wrote:
Bartic wrote:
Kronos wrote:

Don't worry. I have enough proof, that he is actually botting. So nothing wrong with that.

Unless you are talking about the part with the admins/mods not being active anymore. But that's unfortunately my impression nowadays...

They don't even clean up Site Discussion anymore. Also i don't blame the mods/admins for that (especially during this time of the year). Actually it's quite impressive, that they still haven't given up on the whole forum, even if they don't play SRO anymore. I certainly wouldn't want to do that.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. And I know about evidence, I've seen his thread.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm 
Elite Member

Bartic wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. And I know about evidence, I've seen his thread.

He should be fine as long as he doesn't insult them. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:02 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hand grinding from 90-120 was near to impossible.