Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Have you felt like your fun was robbed?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 pm 

Have you ever felt like your fun was robbed (or diminished) in isro when you look back over the years?...Robbed by joymax whom did very little to stop all those cheater players to easily reach the caps and have the most fun by being dominant over other players.

I sometimes look back and think I would love to be one of the few people who grind at the cap levels and was able to keep up with every cap increase at least to lvl 100 instead of chasing the cap as it gets farther from me every year..

I never once made a cap...I should have made the lvl 70 cap but I was too busy exploring whats the best build for me. I made many characters back then to that effort...hehe so noob... My only regret in this game was never making any of the caps and fighting with the big boys..

Post subject: Re: Have you felt like your fun was robbed?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:31 pm 
Elite Member

I don't feel robbed. JoyMax was the reason for the fun anyways. Though I would have had more fun if I had had a better pc(and a personal one), been older and such things. I wasn't at the top of the game, only when it started dying did I get a better farmed char and better gear etc. But it wasn't as fun as it had been before anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 pm 
Frequent Member

I have the feeling I could've enjoyed the game much more if Joymax wasn't so horrible. Also, I would have bought a lot more stuff if they managed it just a little more.

_
Diablo 3
GuyLafleur - 60 (54) - Wizz

GTA5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:56 am 

PureStr wrote:
I have the feeling I could've enjoyed the game much more if Joymax wasn't so horrible. Also, I would have bought a lot more stuff if they managed it just a little more.

I agree with you 100%... I will admit that I had lots of fun from floating around the mid levels but it could have been a lot more fun If the game was kept fair and even.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:21 am 
Frequent Member

Well it was fun for me, I started very early, when I joined there was small amount of 50lvl+ people, and I was caped during 70cap, 80cap, 90cap but quited at 99lvl.
Each lvl cap it was less and less fun... and more and more cash shop stupidity.

PureStr wrote:

This 100%

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:46 pm 

^
You lucky dog...Those were the best caps to be at. Especially 70 and 80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 pm 
Elite Member

I felt like that every time I saw any bot, or full sun gold buying retard. Which was way to often in SRO.

joymax just sucks.
Never tried to get rid of bots.
Never enforced any rules actually, unless it effected profit.
Ignored Players.
GMs were seen in real life photos here more then ingame.
Said GMs wore t-shirts with bots logo >_>.
Repetitive events, literally only 1 event I can even remember, collect items, give em to so-oh.
Created 40(?) Servers for the bots to fill.
Ruined the game with item mall.
Misspelled their own name on the site.

All I got atm, that was all upto the beginning of 90 cap btw.

I will admit though bots did give 1 good thing. Sro is the only game where I could literally steal peoples items. I made so many bots red, even got a bunch of em red without them actually botting lol. Pimped items dropped from bots more then mobs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 pm 

You guys are playing a game run by a cheesy company trying to squeeze as much as they can in profits.

Playing SRO is like playing those silly apps on your iphone or android. It was never a game that was to provide as much FUN as WOW or AION, GW2... etc.. etc.. BIG NAME companies usually mean good branded games. unknown company's like Joymax brings "you" SHIT and "them" PROFITS.

They can't keep up with the big dogs so they'll just cheat there way into your pockets. They had themselves something good that would actually give there company a NAME. They chose to make PROFITS. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the end the lazy bot players still won over any legit community. Joymax was never ever in the slightest on the legit side.

PERMANENTLY Damaged Reputation.

---Playing EchSRO---
http://www.echsro.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm 
Elite Member

Lowis wrote:
It was never a game that was to provide as much FUN as WOW or AION, GW2... etc.. etc..

Aion is a grindfest and WoW has nothing new to provide any more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 am 

Sanktum wrote:
Lowis wrote:
It was never a game that was to provide as much FUN as WOW or AION, GW2... etc.. etc..

indeed....I went and bought Aion when it was subscriber base and found out it was a grind fest...Its even more of a grind fest while being free...As for WOW, that game never appealed to me and it still doesn't...Never played it....almost certainly never will...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 pm 

Aion a grindfest rly?! I'm sorry but if you think Aion is a grind fest then you obviously just tackled 2-3 mobs and that was it. SILKROAD IS A GRINDFEST. As a now regular player to Aion I've enjoyed every bit at least you actually kill a unique in an instance and actually get something rare or above drop.

Scamming?! forget it most of the items you can't exchange once they have been soul bound. Hacked accounts due to keylog? Not as much as Silkroad just pissed out. You actually have to click a 6 digit PIN to login.(No Typing) Decent extra security. Need gold? Easy, just sell in the broker and break down items to get enchantment stones.

Aion isn't a grind fest and the cap is only 60 a guild from Xian/Lepus just left 4-5 month's ago and have quested there way to 60 already. Some are on there 3rd char trying different things out. There is crucible, kind of a group thing. Arena -> SRO CTF 1vs1 or 2vs2. Dregion 6vs6 kill mobs make it to the end before the other team. All give AP or isignia's for special skill and/or pvp gears.

It keeps you busy my usual day is login do my dailys, do arena, crucible, dregion, do one instance and logout. Doing all of that i have made 40% mostly from the instance run which is kind of like forgotten world.

And if your still bored find a friend and go rifting to the other race's grind area. You also can battle the other race in the abyss, dregion, Arena, Tiamaranta's Eye, etc... etc.. Aion has come along way than just to be called another grindfest mmo. Follow the campaigns and quest's you prob make 2-3 level's a day at first then 3-4 if your on ALL DAY. The way they have it set is just right and you never see anyone bot apart from the usual gold bots.

EuroAion is Fked up by some other company but AionUS is still kicking it hard with the new 3.5 update!

Half the people who quit don't make it past level 9 and ascend. This is starter point and if you make it through this it just gets more fun the higher the level.

Aion is a RUN fest i find myself running backwards and forwards for quest then actually fighting mobs. The most i've ever had to kill in a quest is 15.

---Playing EchSRO---

Last edited by Lowis on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm 
Elite Member

Lowis wrote:
Aion a grindfest rly?! I'm sorry but if you think Aion is a grind fest then you obviously just tackled 2-3 mobs and that was it. SILKROAD IS A GRINDFEST. As a now regular player to Aion I've enjoyed every bit at least you actually kill a unique in an instance and actually get something rare or above drop.

Scamming?! forget it most of the items you can't exchange once they have been soul bound. Hacked accounts due to keylog? Not as much as Silkroad just pissed out. You actually have to click a 6 digit PIN to login.(No Typing) Decent extra security. Need gold? Easy, just sell in the broker and break down items to get enchantment stones.

Aion isn't a grind fest and the cap is only 60 a guild from Xian/Lepus just left 4-5 month's ago and have quested there way to 60 already. Some are on there 3rd char trying different things out. There is crucible, kind of a group thing. Arena -> SRO CTF 1vs1 or 2vs2. Dregion 6vs6 kill mobs make it to the end before the other team. All give AP or isignia's for special skill and/or pvp gears.

It keeps you busy my usual day is login do my dailys, do arena, crucible, dregion, do one instance and logout. Doing all of that i have made 40% mostly from the instance run which is kind of like forgotten world.

And if your still bored find a friend and go rifting to the other race's grind area. You also can battle the other race in the abyss, dregion, Arena, Tiamaranta's Eye, etc... etc.. Aion has come along way than just to be called another grindfest mmo. Follow the campaigns and quest's you prob make 2-3 level's a day at first then 3-4 if your on ALL DAY. The way they have it set is just right and you never see anyone bot apart from the usual gold bots.

EuroAion is Fked up by some other company but AionUS is still kicking it hard with the new 3.5 update!

Yes, SRO is a grindfest, but all my Aion experience was, is a grindfest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:03 pm 

Well if that's not convincing then you're doomed to Silkroad till it goes offline. Would rather spend 1k on Aion then on Enchantment elixirs on SRO and have all of them fail and not give you ANYTHING.

---Playing EchSRO---

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:15 pm 
Elite Member

Lowis wrote:
Well if that's not convincing then you're doomed to Silkroad till it goes offline. Would rather spend 1k on Aion then on Enchantment elixirs on SRO and have all of them fail and not give you ANYTHING.

How's that? I don't even play SRO any more. And how about I don't spend any money on either game? I have wasted a total of about 10 euros on SRO and I'm glad I didn't go further than that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:55 pm 
Forum Legend

The game is not without flaws, but it was a good game regardless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
Lowis wrote:

The irony of calling a game a grindfest compared to SRO.

WoW is an 8 year old game, and in those 8 years, has managed to keep it's spot as the top MMO on the market. Of course after 8 years you're going to run out of new and exciting things to offer. What it will still provide is a solid playing experience for casuals(mostly casuals) and hardcore players alike.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 pm 
Elite Member

.curve wrote:
Sanktum wrote:
Lowis wrote:

The irony of calling a game a grindfest compared to SRO.

WoW is an 8 year old game, and in those 8 years, has managed to keep it's spot as the top MMO on the market. Of course after 8 years you're going to run out of new and exciting things to offer. What it will still provide is a solid playing experience for casuals(mostly casuals) and hardcore players alike.

I didn't say compared to SRO lol.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 am 

I'd love to go back to the 70 cap days.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

Didn't mean to overrate this thread with Aion but, yes my Silkroad experience/fun was robbed from me when Joymax treated the game like a playing field and they were greedy profit making gods. You can't say the war on bots continue and then let the fellow 70-80cap pro botters keep on playing well into the 120cap.

I mean that tells you there that corruption and/or Korean/Engrish translation just isn't precise. If the game is a total grindfest your going to find bots. They should of stepped up the leveling process to make it pretty much pointless to use such a program.

The question is if you knew where the game was heading in the future during the 70cap, would you of kept on playing?

---Playing EchSRO---

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:58 pm 
Common Member

There are two Sides for me :

The first one is that Silkroad never had any End-Content, surely you might love the 60-80 Cap Times but is it worth it?
You'll reach the Cap maybe with an Character which is full geared with the last Tier Set , Full Farmed and full pimped.
What do you do? Hunting low Uniques? PvP the whole Days versus some other "Bored" Players? Trying your Weapon for +10 or +12?

The first Point is that we grew up, we played SRO for the first time and it was amazing but well let's say it like that ...

You know every Monster , every Build , every Content and so on and so on. You know what to do now like creating a Warrior/Cleric and kill 90% of the Server Players. Of course you're bored if you do the same thing over and over.

The second Point why Silkroad died for me on a side is the EXP / SP Requirement. I mean come on, nobody really farms 7-10 Million SP at the 120 Cap by killing the same Monsters over and over and when you reached Lv.101 as example ... you will face the same Monster again just recolored.

The EXP problem will stay. (Personally i do not know how much you need for being Lv.125 in the Arabian Update but i guess it's around 30 Billion EXP).

The EXP was fine at the 90 Cap Times but Joymax thought for sure "Why keeping small Numbers if 90% of our Community uses a Bot Machine?".

Personally that's why I play on a "Privatserver". Not on a 60-100 Cap Server since the only worth End-Content is in the 110 Cap Phase. Silkroad was just based on the PvE Content and not PvP Content. As you see it the new 120-125 Content contains just new Uniques , new Dungeons and new Monsters. A Fortress in Constantinople isn't it worth.

And personally ... i never reached the 80 Cap with my own iSRO Character since killing the same Monster over and over isn't nice. Of course killing them with a Party is a different thing but well, Joymax needs to rebuild Silkroad Online now and not with their "SRO2 Project". I even bet they gonna use the old Objects from Silkroad Online and just add some new bullshit Features into "SRO2" but ya... we all know how Joymax is acting as a Company.

Another Advice if you want to play on a Silkroad Online Privatserver.

Do not choose one which max Cap is 60-100. They die in zero time , you do not believe that how fast you're capped even with 5-10x Rates and everyone quits such Server.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm 

Aion and Silkroad are just different flavors of the same grind fest.... That was my experience..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm 

Lowis wrote:
Didn't mean to overrate this thread with Aion but, yes my Silkroad experience/fun was robbed from me when Joymax treated the game like a playing field and they were greedy profit making gods. You can't say the war on bots continue and then let the fellow 70-80cap pro botters keep on playing well into the 120cap.

I mean that tells you there that corruption and/or Korean/Engrish translation just isn't precise. If the game is a total grindfest your going to find bots. They should of stepped up the leveling process to make it pretty much pointless to use such a program.

The question is if you knew where the game was heading in the future during the 70cap, would you of kept on playing?

Yes I would have still played because it would mean I would know that the game was going to really die after 90 cap. So I would have played till then. I'd have fun where it was still possible to have fun and then leave..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 am 
Frequent Member

Holy wrote:
There are two Sides for me :

The first one is that Silkroad never had any End-Content, surely you might love the 60-80 Cap Times but is it worth it?
You'll reach the Cap maybe with an Character which is full geared with the last Tier Set , Full Farmed and full pimped.
What do you do? Hunting low Uniques? PvP the whole Days versus some other "Bored" Players? Trying your Weapon for +10 or +12?

The first Point is that we grew up, we played SRO for the first time and it was amazing but well let's say it like that ...

You know every Monster , every Build , every Content and so on and so on. You know what to do now like creating a Warrior/Cleric and kill 90% of the Server Players. Of course you're bored if you do the same thing over and over.

The second Point why Silkroad died for me on a side is the EXP / SP Requirement. I mean come on, nobody really farms 7-10 Million SP at the 120 Cap by killing the same Monsters over and over and when you reached Lv.101 as example ... you will face the same Monster again just recolored.

The EXP problem will stay. (Personally i do not know how much you need for being Lv.125 in the Arabian Update but i guess it's around 30 Billion EXP).

The EXP was fine at the 90 Cap Times but Joymax thought for sure "Why keeping small Numbers if 90% of our Community uses a Bot Machine?".

Personally that's why I play on a "Privatserver". Not on a 60-100 Cap Server since the only worth End-Content is in the 110 Cap Phase. Silkroad was just based on the PvE Content and not PvP Content. As you see it the new 120-125 Content contains just new Uniques , new Dungeons and new Monsters. A Fortress in Constantinople isn't it worth.

And personally ... i never reached the 80 Cap with my own iSRO Character since killing the same Monster over and over isn't nice. Of course killing them with a Party is a different thing but well, Joymax needs to rebuild Silkroad Online now and not with their "SRO2 Project". I even bet they gonna use the old Objects from Silkroad Online and just add some new bullshit Features into "SRO2" but ya... we all know how Joymax is acting as a Company.

Another Advice if you want to play on a Silkroad Online Privatserver.

Do not choose one which max Cap is 60-100. They die in zero time , you do not believe that how fast you're capped even with 5-10x Rates and everyone quits such Server.

Maybe silkroad didnt have any real end game content, but then again I was never boored at any cap, PvP at Dw south, hunting uniques, job wars, doing alchemy, yes you are reading that right, alchemy was fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 am 
Site Owner

Once upon a time, I loved this game....

_MvP_ wrote:
Maybe silkroad didnt have any real end game content, but then again I was never boored at any cap, PvP at Dw south, hunting uniques, job wars, doing alchemy, yes you are reading that right, alchemy was fun.

IMO end game content WAS jobbing, war, PVP, griefing, etc etc. You didn't get better gear and stronger skills to progress, you did it to kill other players ^_^ bwa ha ha.

.curve wrote:

Their mistake was making Cata (Dungeons, and firelands) so hard they bled suscribers out their ears. In response, they 180°d it and made the game so stupidly easy, they bled more suscribers out their ears. That and the effortless content released. Oh, a faceless one for a boss. A bug. A golem. The boat again. A twilight dragon.

Hopefully MoP will get it right. Still waiting on reviews from friends until I buy it. If its anything like DS/Twilight Dungeons/LFR was, I'll be letting it go myself. I wasn't even contemplating MoP but D3 is such a dissapointment I prolly will. I think dropping from 12m to 8m subscribers at the end of cata showed Blizz the error of its ways.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:31 am 

most fun i had in any mmo was in sro, the guild wars/job wars/5 star trades from jangan to cons and back. i dont feel like my fun was robbed because i was having fun playing the game as it was intended, enjoying it and not worrying about noob turks, arabs or goldbots. unfortunately the graphics and movements were primitive and outdated and even with top end pc and video card my pc still couldnt handle congested areas like in fortress wars or cape fighting outside downhang/samar. i had to try something prettier and smoother (but not necessarily better) and I have been playing aion ever since its 2nd beta. when aion started dying after server merges i tried to give sro another shot but then they changed the triangular system and my whole guild of lvl 7 traders/hunters who had their ranking resetted quit and that was the final nail in the coffin to sro for me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 pm 
Elite Member

eaglehawk wrote:
the graphics and movements were primitive and outdated

The graphics still looked awesome. Though they weren't the most economic graphics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 am 
Elite Member

Ryoko wrote:
.curve wrote:

Their mistake was making Cata (Dungeons, and firelands) so hard they bled suscribers out their ears. In response, they 180°d it and made the game so stupidly easy, they bled more suscribers out their ears. That and the effortless content released. Oh, a faceless one for a boss. A bug. A golem. The boat again. A twilight dragon.

Hopefully MoP will get it right. Still waiting on reviews from friends until I buy it. If its anything like DS/Twilight Dungeons/LFR was, I'll be letting it go myself. I wasn't even contemplating MoP but D3 is such a dissapointment I prolly will. I think dropping from 12m to 8m subscribers at the end of cata showed Blizz the error of its ways.

I didn't realize someone made an actual post about WoW here. I love you.

I think MOP is going to stick with the current method of stupidly easy everything. I vaguely remember in a pre-MOP release statement that a Dev said something along the lines of dungeons were going to be like 4.3 dungeons(the Twilight ones) difficulty wise, and I forget what they said for raids. From the fights I've seen, they don't look amazing. I suppose it's hard to come up with new mechanics and challenging fights this far in PVE wise, but come on.

I also feel like the current sub count is only going to drop once people's Annual Passes run out. Luckily my credit card changed and so I stopped being billed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 am 
Frequent Member

Ryoko wrote:

_MvP_ wrote:

IMO end game content WAS jobbing, war, PVP, griefing, etc etc. You didn't get better gear and stronger skills to progress, you did it to kill other players ^_^ bwa ha ha.

Well, I agree with you, but some people say it didnt have "endgame", but for me it had better endgame then any other MMO I played.

I have yet to play MMO with better pvp than sro, I wish there is one...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 am 

^
Tera Online PVPing..... That game got real nice graphics and forces you to rely on player skill and timing...It rivals most games. I do love SRO's PVPing but I have to surrender it to Tera's...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:31 pm 
Elite Member

_MvP_ wrote:
Ryoko wrote:

_MvP_ wrote:

Well, I agree with you, but some people say it didnt have "endgame", but for me it had better endgame then any other MMO I played.

I have yet to play MMO with better pvp than sro, I wish there is one...

WoW would like to say hello. 3v3 arenas are some of the most competitive MMO based PVP. SROs pvp is boring. There's no depth to it at all. It's spam the same 4 skills and hope you get better crits than the other guy.