Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Have you felt like your fun was robbed?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 pm 

.curve wrote:
There's no depth to it at all. It's spam the same 4 skills and hope you get better crits than the other guy.

funny but happens to be mostly true..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:58 pm 
Loyal Member

When I think back to the memories SRO (and by extension, SRF) has generated for me over the years, I'd say that it was worth it. Whilst Joymax certainly isn't perfect, the game they made provided me with some good IRL and online friendships that I still have today. Thinking back over those times makes me realize SRO gives me more nostalgia than any other game I've ever played.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:20 pm 
Valued Member

BuDo wrote:
Have you ever felt like your fun was robbed (or diminished) in isro when you look back over the years?...Robbed by joymax whom did very little to stop all those cheater players to easily reach the caps and have the most fun by being dominant over other players.

I sometimes look back and think I would love to be one of the few people who grind at the cap levels and was able to keep up with every cap increase at least to lvl 100 instead of chasing the cap as it gets farther from me every year..

I never once made a cap...I should have made the lvl 70 cap but I was too busy exploring whats the best build for me. I made many characters back then to that effort...hehe so noob... My only regret in this game was never making any of the caps and fighting with the big boys..

Yes i would agree with that comment, if we stuck with same char from the beginning then we would made all the capps.But we tested all the chars out for there strenghts and weakness, and ended up back to original char "Archer". All in all we have knowledge inside out for silkroad online. But the best time for me was 70/80 cap, those were best times on silkroad. Hunting, killing, PVP and also grinding wasn't to bad then.

Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu

"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"

"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am 

Jimayumi wrote:
BuDo wrote:
Have you ever felt like your fun was robbed (or diminished) in isro when you look back over the years?...Robbed by joymax whom did very little to stop all those cheater players to easily reach the caps and have the most fun by being dominant over other players.

I sometimes look back and think I would love to be one of the few people who grind at the cap levels and was able to keep up with every cap increase at least to lvl 100 instead of chasing the cap as it gets farther from me every year..

I never once made a cap...I should have made the lvl 70 cap but I was too busy exploring whats the best build for me. I made many characters back then to that effort...hehe so noob... My only regret in this game was never making any of the caps and fighting with the big boys..

Yes i would agree with that comment, if we stuck with same char from the beginning then we would made all the capps.But we tested all the chars out for there strenghts and weakness, and ended up back to original char "Archer". All in all we have knowledge inside out for silkroad online. But the best time for me was 70/80 cap, those were best times on silkroad. Hunting, killing, PVP and also grinding wasn't to bad then.

LOL bud...long time no see :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:19 am 
Valued Member

Been playing on private silkroad server (Play) and made 120 cap,server admin made me bot hunter so i was going around banning botters of server that was fun for a while, as everyone on server knew who i was, there even tried to bribe me lol haha, but there arse was mine and was banned. But now i finshed with silkroad the fun element has gone,i rather wait for "Silkroad Online 2" and start off proply there, ie. 1 character and stick with it, me and you know how much time we lost on there and the amount of hours we did hand grinding all those chars (close to 40+).

What have you been up to, missed your arse online hahah.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 pm 

I sent you an e-mail to your jim davies account. I am doing Ok bud...working on my Degree.. A part of me really wants to play SRO but everytime I log in to check I immediately loose interests...

The game is dead and I've missed the boat to keep up with it....Ya I've made the mistake of making too many chars...wont do that again....I was playing Tera online for a bit....made a few level one chars then played only one to lvl 47...lol learnt my lesson.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 pm 
Valued Member

Mail Received and Reply sent,
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm 
Valued Member

That's same for me, no interest anymore especially to start grinding to cap, what would take months to do, nah thats it no more sRO. not untill SRO2 out and that wll be different, i would check chars out first on made up account to see what one i wanted before logging in a new account with class i wanted to level up.And this time we hit cap..

:banghead: :giveup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:45 pm 
Valued Member

Well i just bought Guild Wars 2 and installing it as i type, it has excellent comments and ratings. And the graphics looks great.looks like it take a while its pulling down 2.7 gig haha.

The game really good, i love the idea of quests to level up and gameplay good also.

Server i am on: Ruins of Surmia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:36 am 

I'd join you but school got me busy....But I purchased a PC on the web last week and waiting for it to arrive...When school's out in the next month and a half I may join you bud...PC should be here well before then...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 am 
Frequent Member

Jimayumi wrote:
Well i just bought Guild Wars 2 and installing it as i type, it has excellent comments and ratings. And the graphics looks great.looks like it take a while its pulling down 2.7 gig haha.

The game really good, i love the idea of quests to level up and gameplay good also.

Server i am on: Ruins of Surmia

Got boored of Guild wars 2 in less than month....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:32 pm 
Valued Member

one question i have, when new character created and spawned "Ranger" why does he have axe instead of bow, which is what i wanted?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 am 
Frequent Member

Jimayumi wrote:
one question i have, when new character created and spawned "Ranger" why does he have axe instead of bow, which is what i wanted?

Thats just starter weapon, dont worry. It takes like 5min to learn all skills for any weapon. As soon as you find longbow or shortbow just equip and keep killing. I suggest you to use shortbow, bleed ranger with traps is really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:14 am 

He's English...he'll probably want to use the longbow...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm 
Valued Member

Yeah i sussed that out thxs, and yes Bud i have a long bow. haha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 pm 
Site Owner

.curve wrote:
WoW would like to say hello. 3v3 arenas are some of the most competitive MMO based PVP. SROs pvp is boring. There's no depth to it at all. It's spam the same 4 skills and hope you get better crits than the other guy.

Is impersonal though. When you PVP people in WoW or participate in arena, most of the time you don't remember the name of the people you fought 2 matches ago.

In SRO, thiefing and hunting was alot more interactive. Say, I killed this guy and took all his trade goods, then killed he and his friend again when they came back. Then they called for help, and when it arrived I killed them too. Then they shout profanity into the trade box bitching and moaning while I ride away with their stuff, and sometimes whispering you with empty threats. To some, this back and forth competition adds a lot of fun to the game. Everyone involved either people you bump into regularly or know ingame.

Yes, WoW adds some of that with PVP servers. Problem here is, its on ALL the time. Akin to wearing a job suit since the day you left Jang which would be a serious detriment to your survivability.

Theres also no penalty for death.