Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Silkroad 2, more proofs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 am 

http://www.pathengine.com/

Scroll down to January 12th.... That should be fun for a while.

Post subject: Re: Silkroad 2, more proofs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:23 am 

Would be nice....If true...Can only hope...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:04 am 
Frequent Member

Unless they change there management i doubt anybody would bother playing SRO maybe the die hard botters from sro 1 but for the rest meh.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm 
Elite Member

Balderdash wrote:
http://www.pathengine.com/

Scroll down to January 12th.... That should be fun for a while.

I already posted this a long time ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:50 pm 

Well I didnt search too far back, only the first pages. Too lazy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:49 pm 
Elite Member

I'd try it till the bots appear.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 pm 
Forum God

I'd definitely try it, if it ever actually happened.

My thoughts on silkroad 2 are that it'd be awesome if they added some sort of "Crafting" system. Like pretty much every other MMORPG has these days. And hopefully, they'll stick to their roots and not have too many options. 5-10 crafting methods would be enough IMO. MMO's that get carried away by offering over 100x skills and 100x different crafting styles at cap are both fake and gay.

Also, I'd like to be able to jump. Just because.

=]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:47 pm 
Elite Member

Tasdik wrote:
Also, I'd like to be able to jump. Just because.

And swim and open doors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 pm 
Forum Legend

ROFL^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:57 pm 
Loyal Member

Don't get too hyped or you'll get disappointed, seen it before with SRO-R.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:14 pm 
Elite Member

Crysis wrote:
Don't get too hyped or you'll get disappointed, seen it before with SRO-R.

Did people even get hyped of SRO-R? I didn't expect much from it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am 
Forum God

I actually didn't mind SRO-R at all. Main thing I loved was the increase in decent quests. Questing whore 4 life. <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:51 pm 
Forum Legend

yeah it will be the same shits as what happened to SRO-R, botted up in a month.
Would be more interested in trying out its pservers :sohappy:

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 am 
Banned User

DarkJackal wrote:

Every game has lots of bots. Trying to get rid of bots is like trying to get rid of all cock roaches in the world. Not possible.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 am 

We can only hope that they've learned a lesson from what happened to SRO 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 am 
Elite Member

Vortexx wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

Every game has lots of bots. Trying to get rid of bots is like trying to get rid of all cock roaches in the world. Not possible.

Is that reason to leave cockroaches in your house if you had em? Bug bomb your house, get rid of em.

Maybe not completely. But its plenty possible to attempt it, and actually get rid of a lot. Joymax put on a show getting rid of a tiny amount of non silk buying bots around the beginning, then slowly stopped all together. If there was even 1 gm in silkroad that simply strolled through any random server, they could of banned more bots than they could count.

I'm just not playing a game again where no one else around me is lol. Sro is the only mmo i've played with seas of afks running along the same path, having a hard time finding a spot, and getting ks'd by afks. no gm's, no rules.

Srf banned more bots from the forum than Sro did ingame I think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:53 pm 
Banned User

DarkJackal wrote:
Vortexx wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

Is that reason to leave cockroaches in your house if you had em? Bug bomb your house, get rid of em.

Maybe not completely. But its plenty possible to attempt it, and actually get rid of a lot. Joymax put on a show getting rid of a tiny amount of non silk buying bots around the beginning, then slowly stopped all together. If there was even 1 gm in silkroad that simply strolled through any random server, they could of banned more bots than they could count.

I'm just not playing a game again where no one else around me is lol. Sro is the only mmo i've played with seas of afks running along the same path, having a hard time finding a spot, and getting ks'd by afks. no gm's, no rules.

Srf banned more bots from the forum than Sro did ingame I think.

Joymax probably isn't able to detect bots. WoW has the same problem right now, there are lots of bots, and Blizzard can't even ban them because they can't detect them. And I'm talking about Blizzard here. Bots in WoW only get banned when they do something really awkward like getting stuck for hours in walls.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:09 pm 

Its not hard to detect bots....Like DarkJackal said it only takes a GM in game to notice them...If you and I can easily notice them its a cake walk for a GM who's job it is detect them running around in a long bot trail.... How hard is it for Joymax to have one or two GMs check all the servers at a random time during the day for at least 1 day out of the week???

In just 3 hours or so and only once a week the botting problem can be fixed...How expensive is that??....At one point they had like 5 or so GMs on staff...if they can afford that much GMs (I doubt these GMs get any significant pay) then it's easy to have GMs do the job....If they keep up with it every week it's enough to make the hardcore botters quit the game all-together and move on....It's clear to me joymax didn't care at all....

They don't need technology to detect bots and they definitely don't care whether you wanna try and sue them because you thought they falsely banned you...they could easily claim it was an error if it comes to that...It also clearly states you don't own any part of the game..not even the char you worked so hard to developed...so there is no disputes..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:04 pm 

Sorry for the double post but:

SRO's problem (and death) came about when 90% of the community perceived the game as too grindy and started botting... Part of that 90% love the game enough to buy silk and they were somewhat punished at first until Joymax realized that the vast portion of its income came from these players who bot and bought silk and thus these player botters became immune to the stated punishment...

I've observed groups and groups of player botters remained untouched for years even during banning periods....If joymax adjusted the grinding requirements of the game to meet the players halfway and properly enforced their no bot policy the game would probably still be alive today...If there is an SRO-2 in the making they have to take in account what was observed in SRO-1..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 pm 
Elite Member

I gotta disagree. People still bot on like 200x rate private servers. They bot because they are impatient and want high level without actually doing it.
Spoiler!

What i'd like to see in Sro2, or any new mmo actually. I want more skills and weapons, and more choices to set your char apart from all the other high lvls with your "class". Requiem kinda did that, with weapons anyway. For a 1 handed user you could use sword, axe, or blunt weapons. Each with their own characteristics. Though all used the same skills.

Multiple gear sets, all high lvls wearing the same end game sets gets lame.

Multiple skill trees within trees. Make enough skills that you can't get em all, and some share a cool down or you just can't get 1 if you get the other, make some diversity within classes. Kinda like how some archers were fire, some were ice. But don't then make it pointless to go 1 way by making the skills useless to players at higher levels ¬.¬.

If it were up to me I'd add like 20 different weapons with their own skill trees lol.

Give magic more "magic" instead of just fire/ice/electric, those are just elements anyway. And the whole force thing I guess.

Ever since Ro1 I wanted elements in my mmos. Where you could add an element to your weapon, or armor. Giving you more weakness/strength to each element. Perhaps in Sro it would be the skills, fire nuke or imbue would be more then just magic dmg but magic dmg of that element. fire nuking an enemy with ice attribute makes it stronger, but one with fire attribute would be weaker.

I'd like a refinement system that isn't equal for all levels. Higher level you get the easier it is to + the lower lvl things. Different items needed for different +s. so like +8-10 needs items dropped in higher areas. Or maybe for higher lvl items instead.

Give mobs certain drops. Every monster in Sro has a chance to drop elixers I think? I think i'd prefer certain areas or monsters that drop them to just go farm at. Or at least with higher chance. I think the only farming in sro was certain items to destroy from those elemental jewel things?

DO NOT BE ALL INSTANCES. Seems a lot of mmos are becoming all about instances these days. Open world ftw. Maybe its not as fair to everyone for bosses. But aside form your name being in glory for 5 seconds its pointless. You can still go there and get exp off a kill. Maybe change loot system where you can still get your own item off attacking a boss, depending on how much dmg you do to it? gives more reason to play and get stronger rather then being given your own personal bosses to fight alone. If not though just save up and by it from the ones that do kill it.

Make boss drops worth it.

Old Sro pk system was perfect.

Old job system was perfect, maybe add some stuff. But the alias thing was lame. And thieves getting attacked by hunters was dumb. Thieves trying to steal from thieves was fine O.o. Bring back wanted thieves. Maybe add wanted to hunters, become a problem for thieves they wanna take you out lol.

Lets only have 1 pet, let it pick shit up and attack. Make them different then just the same exact thing with different models.

There will be no more 1 shotting bull shit. Unless its a zerk type crit maybe. No enhanced stats in pvp arenas too. I hate that. You have like 10k, then in an arena you all of the sudden have 50k. I mean whats the point, its just prolonging it, not making it more fun. Should be determined on your own stats and skills. Maybe certain mode for that kinda thing I guess. Though for 2 fairly equal opponents pvp shouldn't end in like 3 shots, but it shouldn't be a pot match either.

Balance, I think sro did a good job with balance really, at least until snow shield/item mall crap. Nukers could kill you easily, but if they weren't on guard they could easily be killed. Bladers couldn't kill you but you couldn't kill them either. I liked that system.

Anyway I like thinkin bout what could be/mmos lol. Tho hard to think about stuff for Sro2 with no info about it, think im just thinking about things in Sro.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 am 
Elite Member

^I like your ideas sir.

The skill point system could be like quite some MMOs have already, that you can only get a set amount of skill points in the game and you gain them by doing some quests, lvl ups and achievements.

The unique thing they basically fixed in SRO-R already, the lvl restriction does make it much better, only they need to make them rewarding and more strategic.

Also, PvP must be more strategic, action style combat with wasd movement does help in that alot. They should also make more skills with different effects. So you can really shape your build. And not make SRO2 a class MMO, because SRO1 is not a class MMO(especially the chinese part of it). That weapon switching thing is extremely stupid, so they should avoid having that in a fight and try to make the mastery system so that you don't have to take multiple weapons, or if you do, you cannot just switch the weapon in a split second, they should have an animation for that. This would make players really consider what weapon to take into a fight and when to switch it.

Make players choose to go hybrid more, not just pure. Change the importance of either one. Also add stamina, maybe like HP or MP, that it depends on your agility, that is a stat like strength or intelligence. that would make rogue and archer-like characters different from warriors and tanks in terms of stats and not make the daggers and such hit a shitload of crits, but make the rogue efficient with evading enemies attacks and dealing fast strikes to take down the enemy before you get killed.

Implement countering and blocking with a weapon that consumes stamina. That may take away the cool looking slower skills and awesome blader combos, but would make combat a lot more fast paced. Or maybe it is possible to mix the two in a way that works well.

Also, magical attacks consume mana and physical ones stamina. Or maybe even mix them a bit.

I would like a horse that doesn't disappear when you come off it and you can level it up and make it faster and more agile that would come handy in combat. Yes, mounted combat... But not massive horse armor though, I would like customisable light horse armor that maybe you could even add your own picture to. FW or GW with horses would be awesome. But make it so that it's not a good idea to have a horse everywhere, like tight spaces.

Add more armor variety. Not more armor types like heavy, light and garment, but have multiple styles of armor at the same level but with different stats and abilities that balance out so you can choose your style even better.

Damn... I just came up with all this on the fly. As I was writing this I thought maybe we are just expecting too much and should get developing the thing ourselves lol.

I could go on I think, but it's getting a bit late, 3.00...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 am 
Elite Member

So SroR has a system where if your too high you can't attack a unique? I dislike that kinda thing, it seems in the same category as if you attack a monster no one else will be able to kinda thing. I think if the drops are just better and being too high lvl giving would be good. Less fair I guess to if some high lvl wants to get the kill. But taking away little things like that ruins it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:38 am 
Elite Member

I don't think anything else than a straight approach will make those ignorant players think otherwise and not kill low uniques.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:07 pm 

Vortexx wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

Deterrence is what stops the majority from doing it. I like your WoW example afterall Blizzard can afford to hire a huge staff just to run around in their hundred servers. Anyhow Blizzard bans people quite often if they get reported. Joymax? Even with the merge/buy out/sell or whatever it was it's a small staff. They tried with SROR, but clearly it wasn't good enough. At least you can see with WeMade they actually have a good producer/manager running the show. Is it wonderful? Not really. Good in comparison from Joymax beyond 2008.. or maybe 2007. I forgot when 80cap happened and then Joymax just stopped caring about banning.

DarkJackal wrote:
So SroR has a system where if your too high you can't attack a unique? I dislike that kinda thing, it seems in the same category as if you attack a monster no one else will be able to kinda thing. I think if the drops are just better and being too high lvl giving would be good. Less fair I guess to if some high lvl wants to get the kill. But taking away little things like that ruins it to me.

It was silly seeing a level 80 cleric nearly 1 shotting TG. Where she wouldn't even be able to live for 15seconds, because people camped her just to see their name appear across the screen. It's also silly to say to everybody if beyond what is it.. 20 levels? You can't have fun.

What they should have done was changed uniques to drop some useful shit as well. It's still pointless to hunt them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:15 pm 
Elite Member

Let's hope that JoyMax have seen that only changing the game a bit(SRO-R) doesn't make it work and you need to run the thing properly as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm 
Elite Member

Toshiharu wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

It was silly seeing a level 80 cleric nearly 1 shotting TG. Where she wouldn't even be able to live for 15seconds, because people camped her just to see their name appear across the screen. It's also silly to say to everybody if beyond what is it.. 20 levels? You can't have fun.

What they should have done was changed uniques to drop some useful shit as well. It's still pointless to hunt them.

Perhaps lowering a players damage to a unique at certain levels or something. Or if your a certain level you wont have your name appear, if you kill it, the kill and drops go to the next player within the level range that attacked it. It could be made pointless to attack without helping a guild party or low lvl friends.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 am 

Doesn't change the fact that it was meant for people in range of that level to kill it. Instead it changed to being OMG MY NAME APPEARED ON THE SERVER!! Although if SRO had achievements or a record log on their own website that'd be something.

DarkJackal wrote:

Would've worked for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm 

Definitely some fool-proof solid evidence right there that they're working on it. Judging from the fact that they only acquired a path-finding library this year, I'd say it's at least two years out.

Guild Wars 2

Still checking SRF for the community.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:52 pm 
Casual Member

If Joymax doing SRO 2, I never play it.. Because I know what will happen. SRO 2 will start great. And will die so fast..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:29 am 

I agree with you guys, gaymax did alot of things to make me quit sro, but even they did fix the problems I still cant get over the point and click style play. silkroad is beautiful 3d game but its gameplay is like gaymax's other game 2d game darkeden. If the new silkroad has fps style movements with a similar pvp pk system I would definitely try it and buy loads of silk. silkroad 2 is a korean game and has to be unique and should keeps its focus on trade conflicts and the fortresses based on controlling the trade routes and not delve into some pointless instanced "pvp" that you see in wow or swtor.