Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: forgotten world and sp beads
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 am 

I haven't played silkroad in about 3 years or so, now that I'm back I noticed people talking that you don't have to farm skill points anymore because of the forgotten world instance. From what I understand, you just grind on mobs like normal and then eventually, a special group of mobs appear. Once you kill those mobs you get a portal stone that you can use to get to a special dungeon which you can try to solo or you can bring friends to help. The mobs in the dungeon/instance can drop beads that give you a massive amount of SP.
Now here are some of my questions:
What is the minimum level where you start getting the special mobs the drop the portal?
How common is it that the mobs spawn that drop the portal?
How long does it take to solo a dungeon depending on the difficulty level, (apparently there are 4 levels)?
How much variance is there in the amount of sp gained from the beads and do I gain enough sp to zero gap through all levels and still be full farmed?

I know there are threads dedicated to discussing forgotten world but I was unable to find specific answers to the questions I had
Thanks in advanced for any responses

Post subject: Re: forgotten world and sp beads
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm 
Veteran Member

What is the minimum level where you start getting the special mobs the drop the portal?
  • Dimensional Pillars (the mobs you have to kill for an Envy to spawn, who might drop a portal stone) start to spawn after level 35, which is also the minimum level for Forgotten World.

How common is it that the mobs spawn that drop the portal?
  • Taken that once you skill a Dimensional Pillar, usually 3 Envys spawn, so it is pretty much 100% possibility to get a Portal once you kill a Dimensional Pillar

How long does it take to solo a dungeon depending on the difficulty level, (apparently there are 4 levels)?
  • Depending on your level it might even take an hour or more if you're soloing. For a Chinese Char (I've had a bit problems as Euros) soloing grade 1 dungeon takes about 40 minutes. Soloing a higher grade dungeon is harder, and is sure to take a lot more time. Killing normal mobs isn't the problem, but the big boss monsters can be quite tough alone

How much variance is there in the amount of sp gained from the beads and do I gain enough Sp to zero gap through all levels and still be full farmed?
  • The amount of SP variates from 200 to 20 000 SP per bead. For me, it has been usually somewhere around 500-4 000 per bead, I have never got 20 000 from one bead, but I hear it happens sometimes. Going to level 120 with zero gap could be possible, but you will struggle to get enough SP before level 35 and after 110, since questing at zero gap before 35 makes enough SP for about level 30 (At least for my Bower). Of course, if your class doesn't need a lot SP (Like Xbow Rouge with Bard, it is kinda cheap Build taken that you only need Speed buff and Shield from bard, and just Xbow skills from rouge) you might be able to get a lot SP from beads alone, but I have my doubts if it will be enough to get you all the way to 120 with zero gap.

Hope I helped, and Merry Christmas!

League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:31 pm 

thanks for your reply, now i know what to expect once i hit 35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:05 pm 
Addicted Member

This is for Isro btw, Sro-R got little changes from it (differences are written near the end)

When you grind at +35 level mobs, you will start to see forgotten world pillars (Looks like a red diamond), when you destroy it, it will summon ~ 7 Envy mobs, they are champion mobs btw and would be harder to kill than surrounding mobs in most cases.

The dimension pillars only get summoned once every 400 mobs (estimated).

Anyway shouldn't be too hard to kill them if you are buffed or a bit careful, When the "Envies" get killed, they have a chance to drop Forgotten world Holes.

Just use a "hole" in a town and it will summon a teleporter that leads you to the Forgotten world map.

The level of the forgotten world is written on the forgotten world holes (the numbers of squares/stars on it).

Level 1 = Normal mobs.
Level 2 = Champion mobs.
level 3,4 (only high level dimension pillars can drop them from Envies) = Elite mobs.

1 star is fairly easy to do it alone, 2 star can be done alone with good gear/skill [Not ingame skills ], but it is easier to do it in a party.

3-4 are impossible to be done alone and needs a good party.

1,2 star you can summon up to 4 people in a single party, 3,4 star you can summon up to 8 people.

There are many mini-uniques in Fgw and 1 last powerful unique (After you defeat every other unique it gets summoned) that unique can summon the other mini-uniques you killed before.

You can enter a fgw only once every 5 hours.

1 last thing:
Every fgw got 2 treasure boxes in a fixed place, when you destroy those boxes, you get a chance for them to drop tailsmans, when you collect 8 different kinds of tailsmans you can trade them with an Npc for a Sun weapon of your choice.

Generally the last two tailsmans of the 8 are the rarest.

There are different maps of fgw, each with there own set of tailsmans and their own prizes to collect the 8.

Example:

Togui village fgw = 8D sun weapon of choice for collecting the 8 tailsmans for it.

Flame mountain fgw = 9D sun weapon of choice.

90-100 Shipwreck = 10D Seal of moon weapon of choice.

101-110 Shipwreck (different map) = 11D Seal of Nova weapon (A grade) of choice for collecting the 8 tailsmans for it.

A few changes in Sro-R from Isro :

but in SRO-R maximum 2 envies get summoned.
and you get the faded beads from the mini uniques and they give u random SP ((From 200 sp Up to 20k sp))
and in SRO-R you can re-enter FGW every 3 hours.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:13 pm 

thanks for the detailed answer, i'm almost 35 so hopefully i'll be able to start trying this out

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:00 pm 
Veteran Member

The Invisible wrote:

and you get the faded beads from the mini uniques and they give u random SP ((From 200 sp Up to 20k sp))

Actually I'm pretty sure it's maximum 3 envies.

Oh and on a side not if you're hoping to start farming with fgw, that 20k SP is really really rare. I had 6 beads and got 8,8k SP from all of them combined. And I'm not exactly sure, but I think those talismans can also drop from Bosses?

League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:27 pm 
Addicted Member

TheKnight wrote:
The Invisible wrote:

Actually I'm pretty sure it's maximum 3 envies.

Oh and on a side not if you're hoping to start farming with fgw, that 20k SP is really really rare. I had 6 beads and got 8,8k SP from all of them combined. And I'm not exactly sure, but I think those talismans can also drop from Bosses?

I am quite sure that in Sro-R it spawns one or two envies max, destroyed a few dozens of dimension halls and never seen more than 2, i guess the number was reduced to avoid making the dungeons un-playable.

Most of what you get will be between 200-4k sp but it is still decent considering that you can get ~ 11 beads each forgotten run (in togui village, other maps seem to drop less).

Ah yeah you are right in that, Talisman drops from the last boss aren't uncommon, mini bosses don't drop talisman though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 pm 
Elite Member

2 Envies is stupid, because it reduces the chances of getting a dimension hole. And if you only want to get a 1 star hole, it's even worse.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:14 am 

well i made my first million sp in silkroad ever, about half of that since ong farming a significant portion of that from fgw only 3.5 million left to go haha, thanks everyone