Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: When SRO rocked.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:06 am 

*BlackFox wrote:
Meh ^ The game was great fun until... Joymax screwed it up.

+1

That's it in a nutshell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:20 pm 
Forum Legend

the lvl 29 chains were so badass :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:45 pm 
Elite Member

The lvl 51 ones were cooler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am 
Forum Legend

Do you guys remember your first trade???

Damn, i remember it so clearly, i was in such a serious mode haha, intense!

It all started out with a friend who knew a bunch of people, we went trading in the ravine and most of them dc'd, then a thief came, we all died, but it was so intense!

I still remember exploring, going from dw to ht by foot as a lvl 28ish, then managing to get to hotan and going to karakoram and dying and then asking for res like a noob

damn, life should always be like it was back then! haha

nerdy mode/off

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:10 pm 

I remember first starting this game. Made a spear/light char and was in the 2Xs for a few weeks thinking I was boss.

Those were the good days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:37 pm 
Frequent Member

When I first started playing SRO, I knew a guy that was lvl 25, and I was like: "OMG HOW THE HECK DID HE ACHIEVE THAT?!?!"
Nowadays, getting to 25 is a piece of cake.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:00 am 
Elite Member

I don't remember the my first trade or when I made my first character. We had only 1 PC at that time so my brother made his account first and he played more at first, so I remember the stuff he did. He was trading and, swapping suits and trying other jobs and I remember this one guy who was a hunter at first but later we saw him as a thief and there were others who kinda betrayed the traders like that, it was pretty cool. I also remember right when he made the char and ran out of Jangan, the place was crowded as fuck and I was like "wtf are they all doing?", I had no clue what was going on, I had only seen a couple pics about the game and a single article. I remember being really stupid and having every weapon on my first char and taking every mastery, trying to get more sp to get every mastery to lvl 10 and stuff. Then my brother got to Donwhang with his first char, Jangan used to be all crowded but Donwhang was pretty empty at that time, it felt like an achievement. So I also played with his char since he was a lot higher lvl than me and at that time there was no autopot so he had the whole F3 filled with pots 1-5 HP, 5-10 MP so you could spam them quickly if need be and I grindded in the Ravine and had to pot a lot because of the Taoists, it wasn't nearly as easy as now, and that manual pilling of statuses, wasn't exactly comfortable. Flower ghosts was also fun, we spent ages there by the lake. The lake was a safe spot, if something went wrong you'd just run for the lake and sit down. Then that first Uruchi encounter was also fun, he got killed very fast, but still. There was only one other guy, a 7d thief, who got the kill. And those hours spent on TG, waiting in the Den with a load of people and just reaching TG as she was killed on numerous occasions.
Fun times.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:10 pm 
Veteran Member

fckin yeoha hats man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 pm 
Elite Member

I liked the tiger hats the most.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 am 
Common Member

Hmmm I'd say around the 60 or 70 cap. Then um....yea...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:24 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I remember when I got my first nuke...I was like "HADOUKEN!" to bad the fire nuke wasn't blue.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 pm 
Common Member

I remember first playing when it was just Troy & Xian, me and a few friends were leveling on Xian at Tigers and saw a huge trade run, epic thief battle, we was like woaaaaaah da ****, I died and a high lvl guy res'd me xD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:48 pm 
Banned User

I guess the game is dead. My friggin topic I made ages ago is still here on top.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 am 
Frequent Member

My favorite was the red lvl 37 garments. I don't remember the degrees or what any of them represent, it's been too long since I've played the game. But that red garment set was always the best. Farming that cavern thing with those lvl 40 odd monsters on the way to the 3rd city (dont remember the name) during the 60 cap and running scared shitless when a high level thief would come past with those electric bow things that spawned on trade runs. Yeah, clearly I have a great memory of the game haha. But still, it was a lot of fun xD

Come on OTL why you make me go to GD? Need good topics guys ):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:01 pm 
Frequent Member

MrTwilliger wrote:
My favorite was the red lvl 37 garments. I don't remember the degrees or what any of them represent, it's been too long since I've played the game. But that red garment set was always the best. Farming that cavern thing with those lvl 40 odd monsters on the way to the 3rd city (dont remember the name) during the 60 cap and running scared shitless when a high level thief would come past with those electric bow things that spawned on trade runs. Yeah, clearly I have a great memory of the game haha. But still, it was a lot of fun xD

I think it's 5th degree. And yeah, I was always scared of those high level thieves with their lightning bow NPC thieves.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:03 pm 
Forum Legend

MrTwilliger wrote:
Oh you traitor! Create your own topics.. once in awhile!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 pm 
Valued Member

I remember it just like it yesterday, started first char bow then it evolved to glavie 20x then to spear, thats when i met Budo grinding at earth ghosts, been mates ever since then, good old days.

Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu

"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"

"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:01 pm 
Valued Member

I do remember playing on lvl 60 cap. The triangle system was totally broken, in all the good ways! Trolling was soo easy back then with the system. I do have a couple of memories I like to share.
First, I never reached lvl 40 because I didn't understand/know how skill gaining worked, and I messed around a lot. I was playing in high school back when I was playing, and the servers were near-impossible to enter at times. But that was not so when I first started.
I got into a new server, and it wasn't populated. I could get in any time. I remember getting that aura circle (and training a skill tree into level 20 for it) because at that time monsters of certain levels couldn't attack you (except champion/giant types) while you were inside of that circle. I got a bow and worked for some bow skills solely for that, even though I used a glavie. Then they fixed it, and I was sad.
Back to the broken trader-hunter-thief system.

You could get into the trio by simply equipping the required clothing INSTANTLY, ANYWHERE. This led to me being able to try out hunter-thief where ever I could. And it was fun, on some occasions. Here are some.
1. Level cap was 60. I was level 24 or so, and was running around as usual. In the first ferry zone, I met some fellow who was a hunter next to some trader loot lying around. The hunter invited me to his party after a brief conversation. It seems that his friend was the trader that died, and he was waiting for him to come back. I join the party to see the hunter being only lvl 21, and the trader was nowhere to be seen. After some thinking, I decide to have some fun and put on the thief jacket, and start attacking the hunter (who was using a sword). I turn on berserk, and use the stune move. BLOCK. The hunter is standing still, oblivious to me becoming a thief. I try the spin move. BLOCK AGAIN. I'm like "come ooon" at this point, and use the 3-hit combo skill. I do really good damage, and finally the hunter starts to run.He's nearly dead from a single combo. I'm chasing him, then my char stops, and I see a writing "Critical! 10k". I instantly drop dead, and shout "WHAT!" to my screen. I look around to see what happened. Apparently a lvl 60 hunter was passing by, and had decided to throw his spear at me. I go back to town and leave the party.

2. Level cap was 70. I was about lvl 30 by now. I somehow end up in the party of 4 thieves that are friendly. I don't remember my connection to them now hehe. I think I was in the same guild as one, because I was helping one of the thieves. They were about the same level as me, so after telling them that ı'm gonna put on the hunter clothes to get points for the NPC thief spawns, I do so. Things go normally for 2-3 minutes, until a hunter finds us. Chaos ensures, things become a mess, and every single one of us die (except the oncoming hunter who had level advantage). I blame the thief party for targeting and killing me in the chaos.

3. One time I got a good duel between a lvl 38 trader (while I was lvl 36). Finding unowned loot in ground, I've got my thief costume on and stole all of it. It was a good 3 star loot. I got way away from the road, but somehow that trader found me and went straight for me. The fight was going well, until the NPC thief spawn started attacking me and froze me. I died shortly after. ATleast the trader said sorry for killing me, for it wasn't even his loot.

That's all I can remember atm. I just wanted to share it in here :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:25 am 

Bartic wrote:
The best looking weapon in game: 8th degree blade. So sexy.
But yeah, I miss the old days. Probably as much as everyone here.

I've heard it said before, and I've said it myself.... Bladers are made of sex.

I remember the good old days around the 60-70 cap. When I started, I don't remember if the cap was 60 or 70 though. It was fun back then though. I never made it past level 54, and even that was after the 80 cap, but I miss the old days.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:32 am 
Frequent Member

60cap and 90cap were blast for me.
Back in old days thiefing at crossroads, jump through ferry take of hunter suit, put thief suit and rob them :D.
I remember first time I saw monkey pet, when item mall was introduced, I asked guy how he get it he told me bought it for silk, I went to trader and bought silk from there, but sadly couldnt get anything for it :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 am 
Common Member

sro rocked when botz couldn't play for **** in pvp. PVP was where it was at...and pot spam huehuehue