Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legend Of Silkroad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 pm 
Forum Legend

.curve wrote:
BuDo wrote:
MrJoey wrote:
50 versions of the same monster skin is creative? So many things wrong with that list. A lot of you seem to have a huge case of rose tinted glasses when it comes to SRO.

Seems only a small few is suffering from that rose tinted glass effect....I am sorta beside myself in awe as to how anyone who played the original SRO and have also played other mmorpgs that were released in 2012 and 2013 think that this game is any good....I am not a World of Warcraft fan but I played it for 5 minutes and experience was far smoother/better....and WoW was released in 2004....

Because you all seem to think that SRO holds any sort of flame to LoS. This game took the Silkroad concept and upgraded it to the modern F2P(keep that in mind, this is important) MMO market.

Is it WoW or GW2 with Silkroad themes? No. Did anyone really expect it to be? I hope not.
What you have is a game on par with current F2P MMOs like Rift and Tera, but with the Silkroad theme. A game that gets away, per your choice, from the archaic click-to-move, stand still combat, grindfest game that SRO was. You can't expect a random company to produce a huge blockbuster game, and you're a fool if you thought they would.

Not to mention PVP in LoS will actually take skill and will be way more exciting than standing there and mashing your buttons hoping to get lucky.

Also fun fact: Most MMOs don't have an autopot system. You actually have to do something when it comes to staying alive. Shocker, I know.

Bruh you don't even actually like LoR, you're just commenting on the fact that it's modernized to be like today's MMOs. Like the game actually looks baaaad. Giving it W,A,S,D movement won't necessarily make it a good PvP MMO

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 pm 

So glad I did not download this, game looks like trash. The graphics are ass. If this is SRO2, sro is officially dead.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:47 am 

im lvl 28, disappointed like many others but I am still willing to give the game a good go.

for me, the thing that silkroad had was blistering pace. fast action, constantly switching targets and with euro, and element of party play that not many other games have.

sro2's gameplay is slow, from movement, to skills, to questing and combat it all seems very sluggish.
a few others have also mentioned the game play is not smooth and i certainly thing it is no where near on par with games like gw2, tera online or eden eternal.
there doesnt seem to be anything refreshing about this game so far, lots of things that Ive seen elsewhere but done better.

as a wizard I feel completely under powered compared to wizards in silkroad (and most other games)but we will see over the next few days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:56 am 
Elite Member

Guys, you do realize it's not SRO2 right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 am 
Dom's Slut

This game is crap :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 am 

.curve wrote:

I can agree with that...How could this crap be SRO2.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:15 am 
Elite Member

I'm sure what he means is that this was never meant to be at all the same game except for the general locale. Different company different overall set up. Most of you seen to be expecting a SRO version 2.0. Ignore that the game has partly the same name as SRO.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 am 
Elite Member

Don't forget, alchemy, trade, and many other aspects of SRO changed drastically (and not necessarily for the better) at some points. Plus it had the terrible Engrish I've seen in the screen shots for LoS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:33 am 

My best m8 rightfully dubbed it Load Of Shit = LOS....what a guy haha...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:26 am 
Elite Member

MrJoey wrote:
I'm sure what he means is that this was never meant to be at all the same game except for the general locale. Different company different overall set up. Most of you seen to be expecting a SRO version 2.0. Ignore that the game has partly the same name as SRO.

Exactly this.

Did you honestly expect it to be the best game in the world? You're insane if you did.

This game is the modernized version of SRO, with improvements across the board. If the SRO we know was like this when it was released, you'd all have loved it. To say any different is looking through the rose tinted glasses.

Update, my character:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:20 am 

MrJoey wrote:

The only reason why this game got any significant attention was because of it's portrayed relationship to SRO.... That alone peaked the interest of the SRO community which would have been its biggest supporters....If it had a completely different name and showed no relations to SRO it would have failed even harder....especially when you compare it with other mmorpgs that are out right now....It would just be another low grade crap of a game that nobody here would be playing....If nothing changes before it's release date watch how fast this piece of shit dies...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:54 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
.curve wrote:

Despite you saying that, this is as much of a "real" Silkroad 2 we will ever get.
Joymax apparently sold the copyrights to Silent Typhoon Game, who developed the game that JCPLanet is now the international publisher of.

Therefore, we might as well call this Silkroad 2. There'll never be any other Silkroad 2. So either we keep calling this game Silkroad 2, or we will never call anything Silkroad 2.

Just saying :)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 pm 
Elite Member

ltsune wrote:
BuDo wrote:
.curve wrote:

Despite you saying that, this is as much of a "real" Silkroad 2 we will ever get.
Joymax apparently sold the copyrights to Silent Typhoon Game, who developed the game that JCPLanet is now the international publisher of.

Therefore, we might as well call this Silkroad 2. There'll never be any other Silkroad 2. So either we keep calling this game Silkroad 2, or we will never call anything Silkroad 2.

There can still be a Silkroad 2. And why should we call it Silkroad 2 when it's called Legend Of Silkroad?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:54 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
There can still be a Silkroad 2. And why should we call it Silkroad 2 when it's called Legend Of Silkroad?

In order for there to be a "real" Silkroad 2, Joymax might have to buy back the rights again. Doubt that'll happen seeing as their profits keep going down.

We should call it Silkroad 2 not to confuse people. Some might think that if this is not Silkroad 2, a "real" Silkroad 2 might arrive at some point, which is just an illusion. This is Silkroad 2. Hate it if you want, but I'm quite sure this is the most Silkroad 2 we'll ever see.
I see nothing wrong in calling it Legend of Silkroad, seeing as that IS the official name. I do think, however, that it's alright to refer to it as Silkroad 2 as well.

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:17 pm 
Elite Member

Who would want Joymax involved? -.-

What ever happened with that poster?

I think Silkroad was a pretty good cash cow for quite a long time. If this isn't it I'm sure someones gonna wanna make it. It's profit after all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:27 pm 

DarkJackal wrote:
Who would want Joymax involved? -.-
I think Silkroad was a pretty good cash cow for quite a long time. If this isn't it I'm sure someones gonna wanna make it. It's profit after all.

not from this game imo, no one will buy from the item mall if they arent seeing good gameplay from it. its not got the lure of games like gw2 or tera in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 pm 
Elite Member

ltsune wrote:
Sanktum wrote:

In order for there to be a "real" Silkroad 2, Joymax might have to buy back the rights again. Doubt that'll happen seeing as their profits keep going down.

We should call it Silkroad 2 not to confuse people. Some might think that if this is not Silkroad 2, a "real" Silkroad 2 might arrive at some point, which is just an illusion. This is Silkroad 2. Hate it if you want, but I'm quite sure this is the most Silkroad 2 we'll ever see.
I see nothing wrong in calling it Legend of Silkroad, seeing as that IS the official name. I do think, however, that it's alright to refer to it as Silkroad 2 as well.

I don't think it is alright to refer to it as Silkroad 2. It's just simply not. Telling people it's ok to call it that is already bringing up the wrong expectations. They're going to be looking for the same shitty mechanics that Silkroad had.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:32 pm 

.curve wrote:
I don't think it is alright to refer to it as Silkroad 2. It's just simply not. Telling people it's ok to call it that is already bringing up the wrong expectations. They're going to be looking for the same shitty mechanics that Silkroad had.

i think some of the "shitty mechanics" silkroad had was what made it different... triangular conflict (that turned into duo conflict with thief vs trader). ch vs euro, health vs power.

This game literally contains nothing that I can see as "new" so far, there is no unique pull that this game has on me.

oh it does have an unusual mechanic!
it forces you to use MP pots after every fight whilst costing you an arm and a leg 0.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:32 pm 

ltsune wrote:
BuDo wrote:
.curve wrote:

The choice to portray a connection between this horrid game and SRO was most likely the worst marketing decision they could make... In their attempt to "re-tap" the SRO fan-base with this mediocrity they must have realized at some point that we would be their most toughest critics....

On the other hand it was probably their best choice as this game would barely have any chance under it's own steam....They were hoping against hope with this one....Its a big disappointment no matter what direction they took....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:57 pm 
Elite Member

penfold1992 wrote:
.curve wrote:

i think some of the "shitty mechanics" silkroad had was what made it different... triangular conflict (that turned into duo conflict with thief vs trader). ch vs euro, health vs power.

This game literally contains nothing that I can see as "new" so far, there is no unique pull that this game has on me.

oh it does have an unusual mechanic!
it forces you to use MP pots after every fight whilst costing you an arm and a leg 0.0

That's because you want it to be an exact replica of Silkroad, with the same shitty mechanics(standing face to face in PVP spamming buttons hoping to win) and more content. This is not that.

This is better. This is what Silkroad should have been back when it came out

This is the modernized Silkroad, and it was only made even better. I mean I get that you guys are still stuck on the archaic concept of click to move, an auto potion mechanic that spams pots for you, and generally dull combat that doesn't take much more effort than facerolling your keyboard, so actually having to micromanage your character is a weird concept.

BuDo wrote:
The choice to portray a connection between this horrid game and SRO was most likely the worst marketing decision they could make... In their attempt to "re-tap" the SRO fan-base with this mediocrity they must have realized at some point that we would be their most toughest critics....

On the other hand it was probably their best choice as this game would barely have any chance under it's own steam....They were hoping against hope with this one....Its a big disappointment no matter what direction they took....

If you guys think SRO was a better game than this, then you're exactly the type of fan base a company wouldn't want. You still worship SRO like it's the best MMO out there when the reality is the only thing it had going for it was the graphics.

Graphics do not a good game make.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:45 pm 
Elite Member

.curve wrote:
This is the modernized Silkroad, and it was only made even better. I mean I get that you guys are still stuck on the archaic concept of click to move, an auto potion mechanic that spams pots for you, and generally dull combat that doesn't take much more effort than facerolling your keyboard, so actually having to micromanage your character is a weird concept.

Dude, the combat is slow as fuck in this one. So much delay between those very sudden and not at all smooth skills. And I do prefer WASD movement, but it has to be done better than that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 pm 
Elite Member

I just feel LoS isn't enjoyable at all from my impressions so far. It feels too flashy and cluttered and kinda sluggish(don't mean laggy). I don't suppose a skill tree would be too much to ask for even. I mean whoever thought up this skill wheel >_>.

Not even comparing to Sro it just doesn't feel enjoyable or make me want to continue playing. Can't say too much other then that. Still curious as to what the triangular conflict stuff is like though.

I also prefer WASD to move actually. But I would also prefer not click/tab to target as well and be able to use skills anywhere, and let them hit whats in their path. Like C9, or I suppose maybe Dota 2.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 pm 
Elite Member

DarkJackal wrote:
I just feel LoS isn't enjoyable at all from my impressions so far. It feels too flashy and cluttered and kinda sluggish(don't mean laggy). I don't suppose a skill tree would be too much to ask for even. I mean whoever thought up this skill wheel >_>.

Not even comparing to Sro it just doesn't feel enjoyable or make me want to continue playing. Can't say too much other then that. Still curious as to what the triangular conflict stuff is like though.

I also prefer WASD to move actually. But I would also prefer not click/tab to target as well and be able to use skills anywhere, and let them hit whats in their path. Like C9, or I suppose maybe Dota 2.

As far as I'm aware there is no TCF as you can only choose 2 jobs in the start and the traders are just NPCs. And yeah, C9 did it well. I don't like holding down RMB all the time when moving with WASD.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 pm 

.curve wrote:
If you guys think SRO was a better game than this, then you're exactly the type of fan base a company wouldn't want. You still worship SRO like it's the best MMO out there when the reality is the only thing it had going for it was the graphics.

as someone who is playing this game still, this game is almost empty compared to the silkroad online beta... without comparing it to silkroad at all,

the combat is slow and clunky, the skill animation is separate to the animation of the auto-skill which goes off whether you are casting or not.
the "skill wheel" is a stupid idea, its slow, theres not much information within the skill wheel, theres no lore to it and the icons look generic. the animations for force mage are almost not worth mentioning as they are also not impressive.
the character build/customization is minimal, with very basic options for face, hair and gender. there isnt even a typical mmorpg boob slider! there is no build customization, you are one of 4 classes that you choose at the start, there are set skills that are necessary, no build options and no "talent points" or some other system to create uniqueness.
the movement is ok, whether WASD or mouse click but there doesnt seem to be much notion of character movement when approaching steps or hills as the character remains in a fixed axis rather than tilting to compensate it prefers to glitch your feet through the floor.
the UI is ok, except i dont really understand the point of the orbs unless they just liked that diablo had them and it would be good if we could move the UI.
There are very little drops if any from mobs. bosses appear to drop lots of stuff but they arent solo-able unless you are like 5 levels higher than them.

I like the bag inventory thing, with multiple sections for different things and lots of room for gear and pots(if you can afford them).
I also like the quest system that allows you to customize a quest for your liking however i dont use it much since there is no possible way id survive at mobs my level or higher.
I like the idea that your pet can attack or pick up stuff and not both with its own unique mana system going on however im yet to explore that any further.
there appears to be an extensive upgrade system however I havent used that yet as i feel like i may need it more so later on. however it does look very involving and interesting which makes a change from straight up luck/chance based upgrades.

I have so far not had any game crashes and only a very few errors that have noted:
some npc's are not there, I can teleport to where they should be but they arent there.
some quests say that they are on going and I even get drops and messages when I collect the drops but the quests are not logged, i cant even see if they are accepted or not.
there was a bug with the starter quest that caused me to re-roll, so they obviously didnt like that I went a little off track to do some exploring and testing on my own accord.

but im still playing the game to get a better look from it, im not going to just quit after getting to level 10 like 90% of the people

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:42 pm 
Elite Member

How do you even see your quest progress? I couldn't find anywhere the info about how many mobs I have already killed for that quest etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 am 
Elite Member

Do a search on youtube for "silkroad 2". You will see all you need to see.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:22 am 

.curve wrote:
BuDo wrote:

No body here wants a complete re-hash of SRO and I am sure you know that...But SRO didn't make us think it was crap when it was first brought to our attention...That's the whole idea you don't want to acknowledge....

I can almost say with a fair degree of certainty that if this game was called ABCXYZ online, and someone thought it was cool and posted it on SRF for us to check out, a lot of people here wouldn't even try it including you....Simply because of how low grade it looks....

So its great that you think its NOT SRO2, but that doesn't make it less horrendous...

Last edited by BuDo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:48 am 
Elite Member

I've completely stopped caring about this discussion now. It's such a burden to sit here and argue and I'm too lazy for this

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:05 am 
Frequent Member

.curve wrote:
This is better. This is what Silkroad should have been back when it came out.

Yeah, this would've been good... If it's 2005.

This game is crap. I wasn't expecting the same thing as SRO. I like WASD movement. It's not like I wanted a complete copy of SRO. I wanted to see something different, as long as it had triangular conflict in it.
All in all, this is crap. C to the R to the A to the P.

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 pm 
Forum Legend

Love wrote:
Do a search on youtube for "silkroad 2". You will see all you need to see.
I get it... It's a scary "silkroad 2" movie out there?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next