Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legend Of Silkroad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:29 pm 
Elite Member

Can't say I found it too appealing either.

Auto navigation, auto teleporting, thats totally paving the way for bots. And it just kinda feels like it defeats the purpose of mounts and stuff.
It feels like its trying to be too flashy.
The mobs don't stay hurt if you run away, instant full health.
Arrows on the ground lighting away >.>.
We have such high amounts of HP and damage at such low levels, it seems so unnecessary.
No more stats to put in? Less diversity in builds then?
The skill wheel looks horrendous.

Obviously I haven't tried much of the game at all but I suppose I had too high expectations anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:21 am 
Elite Member

Were you guys expecting another version of Silkroad? Why would you want that?

This is a better done game revolving around the same concept that Silkroad was.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:54 am 

How do I patch?

My current version is 1.0.267 and if I apply patch 1.0.264-1.0.274 which I manually downloaded nothing happens. Advice? If I patch it through installer it never gets patched...

This is what is displayed when I run manual patch:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:13 am 

.curve wrote:

Lipstick on a pig buddy....A battered, bruised, diseased and deformed looking pig at that....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
.curve wrote:

Lipstick on a pig buddy....A battered, bruised and diseased looking pig at that....

Literally all of the basic elements of the game are far beyond anything Silkroad could have hoped for.

If there's even a semblance of actual end game content, then it's definitely the better game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:39 am 
Site Contributor

I'm in here now, who's all on? IGN:Gaige

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:45 am 

Nitro wrote:
How do I patch?

My current version is 1.0.267 and if I apply patch 1.0.264-1.0.274 which I manually downloaded nothing happens. Advice? If I patch it through installer it never gets patched...

Spoiler!

bump

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:47 am 
Loyal Member

^ I downloaded it via gamershell, no manual patch was needed, maybe try redownloading

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:27 am 

.curve wrote:
BuDo wrote:
.curve wrote:

Lipstick on a pig buddy....A battered, bruised and diseased looking pig at that....

Literally all of the basic elements of the game are far beyond anything Silkroad could have hoped for.

If there's even a semblance of actual end game content, then it's definitely the better game.

You need the right combination of looks, feel and performance....You can't just simply improve where you felt SRO failed performance (content) wise and think you got something better.....It's definitely not an off the bat noticeable improvement of SRO in many respects....Most SRO veterans here can see that....

You can find tons of fun and interesting things to do at the local landfill/garbage dump but that doesn't mean a lot of people want to go there and experience the fun-filled "content"....I can only hope they refine this game and make some changes before fully releasing it.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:55 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
You need the right combination of looks, feel and performance....You can't just simply improve where you felt SRO failed performance (content) wise and think you got something better.....It's definitely not an off the bat noticeable improvement of SRO in many respects....Most SRO veterans here can see that....

You can find tons of fun and interesting things to do at the local landfill/garbage dump but that doesn't mean a lot of people want to go there and experience the fun-filled "content"....I can only hope they refine this game and make some changes before fully releasing it.....

Looks wise this game isn't bad. Silkroad was a little smoother, but looks aren't everything. WoW has it on point.

This game feels right. From the customized quests to the skill design to the world design. I can't wait to see what the end game is like.

Performance wise this obviously blows Silkroad out of the water. No questions about that.

The problems that the "veterans" are having is that it's not the same boring stand there and mash buttons until something dies game that Silkroad was and always will be. This game turns Silkroad into an actual good game.

I hope for release they add a few key features I'd like to see, maybe work on graphics some, and have plenty of end game. It's probably a long shot but I'm hoping for moveable/resizeable UI elements.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:00 am 
Advanced Member

^ I agree with Budo. As someone that was around for the iSRO Beta, It was pretty much like an instant hook with that game. The fact that you're comparing this game in 2014 with a game that came out in 2005 is saying something. Even in 2005 SRO was kind of a run of the mill Korean grind fest. I couldn't even begin to describe anything about this LOS as awesome. Every feature that is different than SRO has been done better in so many other MMOs. I don't expect this game to take off, and if it goes anywhere it's just going to be filled with bots, and it'll be pay to win. Definitely kills the nostalgia of the old SRO in the first 5 seconds of game play.

One other thing... I played LOS with a GTX780ti and my FPS was jumping from 50-120 way worse than any AAA game has done, so I can't imagine how bad it is for people with older and less powerful cards. I don't get why it runs so shitty, the graphics are absolute crap. This is 2014 and this game just has dated textures all over the place.

I really would like to relive some of those good old days, but latching on to this pile of... just isn't going to bring about good times.

-edit- As far as what the end product will look like.. It's not going to be a whole lot different than what you see now, besides the item mall implemented. MMO Betas are pretty much just to fix small bugs and then it rolls out looking the same.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:11 am 
Elite Member

Fiction wrote:
^ I agree with Budo. As someone that was around for the iSRO Beta, It was pretty much like an instant hook with that game. The fact that you're comparing this game in 2014 with a game that came out in 2005 is saying something. Even in 2005 SRO was kind of a run of the mill Korean grind fest. I couldn't even begin to describe anything about this LOS as awesome. Every feature that is different than SRO has been done better in so many other MMOs. I don't expect this game to take off, and if it goes anywhere it's just going to be filled with bots, and it'll be pay to win. Definitely kills the nostalgia of the old SRO in the first 5 seconds of game play.

One other thing... I played LOS with a GTX780ti and my FPS was jumping from 50-120 way worse than any AAA game has done, so I can't imagine how bad it is for people with older and less powerful cards. I don't get why it runs so shitty, the graphics are absolute crap. This is 2014 and this game just has dated textures all over the place.

I really would like to relive some of those good old days, but latching on to this pile of... just isn't going to bring about good times.

-edit- As far as what the end product will look like.. It's not going to be a whole lot different than what you see now, besides the item mall implemented. MMO Betas are pretty much just to fix small bugs and then it rolls out looking the same.

Got it. So it's the rose tinted glasses effect. Makes sense, I was like that with WoW.

I still maintain that everything in this game is far superior to anything Silkroad has to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:22 am 
Advanced Member

.curve wrote:

Got it. So it's the rose tinted glasses effect. Makes sense, I was like that with WoW.

I still maintain that everything in this game is far superior to anything Silkroad has to offer.

I can't ague that it doesn't have better features than SRO, but it's just that they aren't executed very well. SRO was a very lack luster MMO compared to a lot of other MMOs that came out shortly afterwards. Only thing SRO had was just that good hook, like a Miley Cyrus song...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:25 am 

If this game wont change much before it's release date then SRO is truly dead...The absolute end of an era....and this game would have been the final nail in it's coffin.... No one in their right mind who's experienced SRO would think this is an overall improvement.....

Like Fiction pointed out, it's 2014.....It wouldn't be a stretch to expect something at the calibre of, or somewhat close to, TERA-online or Guild Wars 2....Instead this game provides the looks and feel of something that pre-dates even SRO...A huge step backwards...Not acceptable...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Stayed up all night for this, played for an hour and a half. Uninstalled so hard. This game is fuckin' garbo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:59 am 
Frequent Member

If anybody in planet one needs a roman guild pm me "Dutchy"

lvl 31 now =] hoping to do some instances today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 am 
Elite Member

.curve wrote:
Dude this games pretty awesome.

I love the look and feel of the UI. I'd like to be able to move stuff around, but I can live.

Combat is awesome, the skill tree system is pretty cool. I could see myself playing this on the side.

I have to agree with this. The skill tree system - despite looking pretty ugly with the rotating animations and all - actually works quite nicely. I like how you have to decide on some skills just like you in Silkroad 1 had to decide between Fire, Light, Cold etc. It helps create some sort of diversity between the characters, which is needed considering that there are no stat points.
I don't feel like stat points are needed, though, as the skills really helps creating some sort of diversity - just as the stat points did before.

Besides, I really love the new questing system. Especially the custom quests that you can make - it's quite awesome.

I'm looking forward to the final release of this game. I really feel like it took the best points from Silkroad and improved mostly everything else.

Nitro wrote:
How do I patch?

Spoiler!

Did you go through all the 3 patches individually in the right order?

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:13 am 
Elite Member

Game told me I had the wrong version, moved on.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23 am 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
Game told me I had the wrong version, moved on.

That's because you didn't patch the client: http://www.sro2forums.com/trouble-loggi ... -online-2/

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am 
Site Contributor

Things I think LOS should keep

return basic party system then add onto it like the instant team(party)
Return GP for guilds
I don't see any autopots?
Make new skills but make the skill tree like the original but more balanced
Monsters seem too generic, bring some old monsters back but make most new but creative like before
I don't see any unions
return item attributes and blues system so old players can be familiar (seemed better anyways)
return back to the same degree levels (1-8-16-24-32-42-52)
Keep all the auto features because this won't aid bots
bots for SRO were way more advanced than these blind attacks, bots will be more complex
ban botters
make less grind more original quests that are fun
Advertise in the US and put the game on Steam
enhance some of the music from the original SRO and add it
add more detail to the graphics menu
make the gui more similar to SRO
add the silk mall but keep it very cosmetic and minimal P2W
Make alchemy a thing again

that's all I can think of atm, anyone else agree?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 pm 
Ex-Staff

AFAIK this was never meant to be a sro2. The way I understand it it's a completely new game but in the same setting. I might just see it wrong though..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:03 pm 
Elite Member

50 versions of the same monster skin is creative? So many things wrong with that list. A lot of you seem to have a huge case of rose tinted glasses when it comes to SRO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:32 pm 
Elite Member

I want to see a top mmo do the trading system, specially gw2. In any case a game that can't mangage patching itself is not for me. Hell when I was trying to input my login information I couldn't tab to the password section, gg.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
I want to see a top mmo do the trading system, specially gw2. In any case a game that can't mangage patching itself is not for me. Hell when I was trying to input my login information I couldn't tab to the password section, gg.

Yeah, I had to copy the @ symbol from another window to login lol.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:03 pm 
Frequent Member

Seriously. the general knowledge of this game on SRF is low. Most people play to lvl 15 and quit. how can you experience a game by only playing it 1 hour or les? how can you say you've played the game when you have not played in several main game elements. Such as Instances. and Trade war?

Try it out for real. play a few hours. then discuss the game. instead of being complaining bigots before even slightly trying the game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:37 pm 
Elite Member

_Dutchy_ wrote:
Seriously. the general knowledge of this game on SRF is low. Most people play to lvl 15 and quit. how can you experience a game by only playing it 1 hour or les? how can you say you've played the game when you have not played in several main game elements. Such as Instances. and Trade war?

Try it out for real. play a few hours. then discuss the game. instead of being complaining bigots before even slightly trying the game.

I can't even try it properly with 10 fps...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm 
Site Contributor

all I had to was play this game for 30 minutes to realize it's like every shitty generic F2P MMORPG with some elements from SRO. I made the list because it would help keep the unique to SRO if that's what they were wanting. If the final release is like this then it will be total shit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:43 pm 

MrJoey wrote:
50 versions of the same monster skin is creative? So many things wrong with that list. A lot of you seem to have a huge case of rose tinted glasses when it comes to SRO.

Seems only a small few is suffering from that rose tinted glass effect....I am sorta beside myself in awe as to how anyone who played the original SRO and have also played other mmorpgs that were released in 2012 and 2013 think that this game is any good....I am not a World of Warcraft fan but I played it for 5 minutes and experience was far smoother/better....and WoW was released in 2004....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:01 pm 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

Seems only a small few is suffering from that rose tinted glass effect....I am sorta beside myself in awe as to how anyone who played the original SRO and have also played other mmorpgs that were released in 2012 and 2013 think that this game is any good....I am not a World of Warcraft fan but I played it for 5 minutes and experience was far smoother/better....and WoW was released in 2004....

Because you all seem to think that SRO holds any sort of flame to LoS. This game took the Silkroad concept and upgraded it to the modern F2P(keep that in mind, this is important) MMO market.

Is it WoW or GW2 with Silkroad themes? No. Did anyone really expect it to be? I hope not.
What you have is a game on par with current F2P MMOs like Rift and Tera, but with the Silkroad theme. A game that gets away, per your choice, from the archaic click-to-move, stand still combat, grindfest game that SRO was. You can't expect a random company to produce a huge blockbuster game, and you're a fool if you thought they would.

Not to mention PVP in LoS will actually take skill and will be way more exciting than standing there and mashing your buttons hoping to get lucky.

Also fun fact: Most MMOs don't have an autopot system. You actually have to do something when it comes to staying alive. Shocker, I know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:50 pm 

.curve wrote:
BuDo wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

Because you all seem to think that SRO holds any sort of flame to LoS. This game took the Silkroad concept and upgraded it to the modern F2P(keep that in mind, this is important) MMO market.

Is it WoW or GW2 with Silkroad themes? No. Did anyone really expect it to be? I hope not.
What you have is a game on par with current F2P MMOs like Rift and Tera, but with the Silkroad theme. A game that gets away, per your choice, from the archaic click-to-move, stand still combat, grindfest game that SRO was. You can't expect a random company to produce a huge blockbuster game, and you're a fool if you thought they would.

Not to mention PVP in LoS will actually take skill and will be way more exciting than standing there and mashing your buttons hoping to get lucky.

Wow...just wow...that highlighted line there convinced me you're on crack cocaine of the highest order and purest quality.... Or you're excelling at the art of being a troll...

You seem to think game content is all that matters and you're wrong...Games that offer a nice balance between content, smooth game-play and appealing graphics tend to be great games.....

When I first heard of SRO2 I was expecting something better in ALL aspects of what SRO was...That's what anyone would expect in a sequel after experiencing the original....

If SRO was a Ferrari sports car, this game (LoS) took last year's model and tune up the engine and then remove the outer body and replaced it with an old rusty (actual and literal) garbage dumpster on wheels..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next