Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
THIS JUST IN! Additional info... Went looking on Korean sites for this.

  • Level cap: 60
  • Characters won't be deleted after beta
  • Length of the beta is undetermined
  • You can create 5 roles per account (I'm assuming this means characters)
  • Party limit is 5 people (There is also something in very broken English about a 31-person party. WoW-style raid group perhaps?)
  • Gold will be called gold
  • Stalls are a feature (Hoping this is a proper Auction House not old style stalling in town)
  • Enchanting is in - Maximum + is 8
  • Enchants exist for: (copy pasta) added to the occult attack, the smallest weapon damage, the biggest weapon damage, injury elite, BOSS injury, damage and other occult sacred defense \ magic defense \ HP \ MP \ secret energy. Recovery \ phantom energy recovery.
  • Judging from how this is phrased, it seems that plussing something will not result in the existing plus getting removed (Strengthen each successful level will be +1 and equipment to strengthen, strengthen failure will not cause any impact on the enhanced level.)
  • Stones and "Crystals" will drop from monsters
  • Feature called "Blood Sacrifice" - (More copy pasta) Blood Sacrifice is the interface in the middle to put the main weapon, put sacrifice above interface equipment (weapons or armor or jewelry, grade limitation), the blood sacrifice ritual weapons disappear, the main weapon Daguai acquire additional properties added to increase the chances.Property and equipment can enhance the blood sacrifice, or to add a new property and equipment; may also remain unchanged; and a small probability cancel an existing property.Blood Sacrifice need to strengthen the blood sacrifice of the equipment you want to use another piece of equipment. After the blood sacrifice, blood sacrifice material placed on the equipment will be consumed.
  • Feature called "Purification" which is done by using a magic ring. Success rate is not 100%
  • 3 types of battle pets - General, Elite, Best (probably lost in translation)
  • Combat pets are obtained by getting "pet summon token" from monster drops
  • Several PK modes including duel, assassination and retribution
  • Horses are in the game - From the way it is phrased, it seems they may be learnable spells rather than items
  • The game has story missions, custom tasks, guild tasks, share tasks and delegate tasks (copy pasta).
  • Changing jobs (trader/hunter/thief) has a 24hr cooldown and can be done at any time
  • Three types of trades: ordinary caravan, elite caravan, caravan glory
  • Should have read all this before mentioning the auction house. More copy pasta - From the game's main city, "auctioneer" NPC there to open the consignment shop interface commodity trading. Items in the auction in the store, purchase of two ways. One for the "bid" to buy, that is to get the highest bidder. Another is "one price" is consigned by custom, the price does not float room. Store items are purchased time limit, when the time arrives, the player with the highest bid to get the item. Or return to the consignment by the transaction fails.
  • Available features in beta: PK system, Huan burst systems, Zhanmeng systems, trade war, the mission system, skills system, magic ring systems, equipment to strengthen system, pet system, social system.

Lastly, it appears I was wrong. Assuming nothing was lost in translation, this IS Silkroad 2.
"Silkroad R's official website links landing the official website of the Silk Road 2?

Our company has acquired the former agent of the trademark and domain name, so it can be adjusted according to the actual situation."

Judging by that it seems that they have purchased the Silkroad trademark from Joymax.

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:17 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
But wait, there's more!

Gameplay Screenshots!

Album: http://imgur.com/a/dIhAz#0

Individual pictures: (Warning, there's quite a few)
Spoiler!


I don't know about you guys, but I hope those health values were for testing purposes, or are we going to be hitting for over 1 million? That would just be stupid.

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:54 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 483
Location: Myth Reborn
Who will be playing this when its released on 26th, and what server your going onto..

_________________
Image



Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu


"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"


"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:13 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1423
Location:
Guildwars2
I dont know abou you guys, this doesnt look bad, I mean yea graphics could be better, but its not I played SRO all these years because of graphics.
What server are we playing? Guild, I guess Avalon right?
Btw downloaded game but when client update start launcher stop working, I guess that will be fixed.

EDIT
What happend to SRF? Couldnt get access all day.

_________________
Looking for mmo to play...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1423
Location:
Guildwars2
<--- will be playing.
Constantinople I guess, where most of SRF goes.

_________________
Looking for mmo to play...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:35 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 6119
Location: A den~
What the balls, this is the silkroad 2 game?

Haven't heard anything about it for a while then all of the sudden beta in a couple days.

Worth a try.



"One who wants to wear the crown, bear the crown" > >

_________________
Image


Last edited by DarkJackal on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:36 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=135420

Get with the times, brah.

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 pm 
Loyal Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1844
Location:
Leagueoflegends
we got all hyped about a game just because it has a similar name

_________________
Hi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:54 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
_MvP_ wrote:
I dont know abou you guys, this doesnt look bad, I mean yea graphics could be better, but its not I played SRO all these years because of graphics.
What server are we playing? Guild, I guess Avalon right?
Btw downloaded game but when client update start launcher stop working, I guess that will be fixed.

EDIT
What happend to SRF? Couldnt get access all day.

Happens to me too. I think it might be because there is an update available but the servers aren't online yet.

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:00 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6140
Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Holy shit?
wait so what is this exactly??
SRO 2? A complete remake by a seperate company?

What am I looking at @__@

_________________
Image
Day[9] wrote:
"Tea is a lot like gold expansions - it helps you kill people."
- Day[9] Daily 337 -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 483
Location: Myth Reborn
_MvP_ wrote:
<--- will be playing.
Constantinople I guess, where most of SRF goes.


Downloaded and installed, I be on constantinople on Thursday, working tomorrow and Wednesday, IGN Mayumi.

_________________
Image



Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu


"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"


"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1423
Location:
Guildwars2
Lempi wrote:
_MvP_ wrote:
I dont know abou you guys, this doesnt look bad, I mean yea graphics could be better, but its not I played SRO all these years because of graphics.
What server are we playing? Guild, I guess Avalon right?
Btw downloaded game but when client update start launcher stop working, I guess that will be fixed.

EDIT
What happend to SRF? Couldnt get access all day.

Happens to me too. I think it might be because there is an update available but the servers aren't online yet.

Cool, Im not the only one :D

_________________
Looking for mmo to play...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5728
Location:
Aege
Just gonna throw in some blatant advertising here: www.sro2forums.com

I created the blog while the Chinese version was in closed-beta testing. There might be some articles of your interest on there.

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5167
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Clicked Lempi's link, saw "Avalon returns", laughed very heartily, closed the link.

That being said, I'll try it out just to see how it is, but on a different server than the tryhards.

Just realized it isn't even a continuation of Joymax's Silkroad. This one might actually have a chance then.

_________________
Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:17 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 5985
Location: ...
Omg, that site is huge. Is this game meant for tablets or something?

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:37 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
.curve wrote:
Clicked Lempi's link, saw "Avalon returns", laughed very heartily, closed the link.

That being said, I'll try it out just to see how it is, but on a different server than the tryhards.

Just realized it isn't even a continuation of Joymax's Silkroad. This one might actually have a chance then.

Yeah, the details are a bit hazy but I believe they've got a license to use the Silkroad name from Joymax but the game itself isn't being developed or published by Joymax.

Also I posted the link just to show there is already a thread on the subject. I posted some more details and screenshots in that thread and Itsune posted a website with tons more details too.

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:38 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5167
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Lempi wrote:
.curve wrote:
Clicked Lempi's link, saw "Avalon returns", laughed very heartily, closed the link.

That being said, I'll try it out just to see how it is, but on a different server than the tryhards.

Just realized it isn't even a continuation of Joymax's Silkroad. This one might actually have a chance then.

Yeah, the details are a bit hazy but I believe they've got a license to use the Silkroad name from Joymax but the game itself isn't being developed or published by Joymax.

Also I posted the link just to show there is already a thread on the subject. I posted some more details and screenshots in that thread and Itsune posted a website with tons more details too.


Is Silkroad even something that Joymax could copyright? I mean it was a real thing back in the day, I can't see how a random company can copyright it.

Yeah I understand that about the link, it's just sort of off putting that the first thing I saw was "Avalon returns"

_________________
Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:38 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5728
Location:
Aege
Sanktum wrote:
Omg, that site is huge. Is this game meant for tablets or something?

What do you mean by huge site?
And no, it's not meant for tablet.

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
.curve wrote:
Lempi wrote:
.curve wrote:
Clicked Lempi's link, saw "Avalon returns", laughed very heartily, closed the link.

That being said, I'll try it out just to see how it is, but on a different server than the tryhards.

Just realized it isn't even a continuation of Joymax's Silkroad. This one might actually have a chance then.

Yeah, the details are a bit hazy but I believe they've got a license to use the Silkroad name from Joymax but the game itself isn't being developed or published by Joymax.


Is Silkroad even something that Joymax could copyright? I mean it was a real thing back in the day, I can't see how a random company can copyright it.

Copyright, probably not, but they could trademark it. Depends what the trademark is used for too. A game based on the historical events called Silkroad Online is probably something that could be trademarked which basically just tells other companies "We have a game and this is what we're calling it. Don't do the same". Copyright would imply that they own the name, which they don't.

Bad phrasing on my part anyway, should have said the brand rather than the name. From what I have read they (JCPlanet / Silent Typhoon Studio) acquired the Silkroad-R brand and developed a new game based on it.

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:46 pm 
Veteran Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3202
Location: England
I think he just meant that there's a lot of content.

Seriously though, what is this? A picture for ants?

http://www.sro2forums.com/weapon-design ... rettyPhoto

_________________
Image
Saddam✓ Osama✓ Gaddafi✓ Justin Bieber☐ Rebecca Black☐


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5167
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Lempi wrote:
Copyright, probably not, but they could trademark it. Depends what the trademark is used for too. A game based on the historical events called Silkroad Online is probably something that could be trademarked which basically just tells other companies "We have a game and this is what we're calling it. Don't do the same". Copyright would imply that they own the name, which they don't.

Bad phrasing on my part anyway, should have said the brand rather than the name. From what I have read they (JCPlanet / Silent Typhoon Studio) acquired the Silkroad-R brand and developed a new game based on it.


Fair enough. I remember screenshots and gameplay videos being leaked in the past for this game and it was always branded as Silkroad 2.

Interesting to see how this game comes out from this company.

_________________
Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5728
Location:
Aege
Lempi wrote:
I think he just meant that there's a lot of content.

Seriously though, what is this? A picture for ants?

http://www.sro2forums.com/weapon-design ... rettyPhoto

Yeah, I'm sorry about that, but the images weren't any larger. I took them from sronew.com - they were the ones who decided to make them so small.

I'll start updating the blog with new posts from now on, by the way, so spread the good word to everyone who needs a place to check out all the latest regarding Silkroad 2 :sohappy:

_________________
Dubious ・ Lvl 101 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ active
PillowFight ・ Lvl 69 ・ STR Archer ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive
Aggrobatic ・ Lvl 101 ・ Warrior / Cleric ・ jSRO-R ・ inactive


Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 246
Location: On the floor
Oh shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 pm 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 7320
Location: Canada
Registered although doubt I'll be playing it tbh

_________________
Image

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4714
Location:
Xian
Here we go again!!..LOL.... Time to revive SRF's General Discussion, Guides and Tutorials, Market Place, Character Skills and lets not forget Exposed Botters lololol....

_________________
Image

_________________________________________________
BOW Full STR Fire level 102 -- ON A LONG BREAK..POSSIBLY FOREVER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:04 am 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 158
Location: ┻━┻
BuDo wrote:
Here we go again!!..LOL.... Time to revive SRF's General Discussion, Guides and Tutorials, Market Place, Character Skills and lets not forget Exposed Botters lololol....

With all the last bit of active people left because registration is still down until someone fixes all these SQL errors.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 am 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4714
Location:
Xian
The saga continues...Gonna give her a go...I am compelled... My e-mail verification isn't working however...I am not getting any e-mails from them....Nothing in junk mail either...I can't download the game....

I must say from those screen shots the graphic doesn't look as appealing as the original....

_________________
Image

_________________________________________________
BOW Full STR Fire level 102 -- ON A LONG BREAK..POSSIBLY FOREVER


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:39 am 
Forum God
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13202
Location: Life
Skyve wrote:
Registered although doubt I'll be playing it tbh

You'll do what I tell you to, and when I tell you to do it. Bitch.

<3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Legend of Silkroad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5331
Location:
Guildwars2
I'll try it for nostalgia sake but virtually zero chance I'll be playing seriously long term.

Also Silkroad Online =/= Silkroad Legend, I doubt they could bother the new guys in any way.

_________________
Image

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Avalon Returns
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 5167
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
I'll be going to the other server that you guys aren't going to be on.

If anyone else wants to join me over there, or even make our own guild on the main server everyone's going to, I'm in.

_________________
Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group