Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: How do we get old players back and get them to play Elamidas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:51 am 
Forum Legend

Seriously, best server ever, we need every old pro coming to this and having some fun.

Post subject: Re: How do we get old players back and get them to play Elamidas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:13 pm 
Elite Member

Get rid of bots and a bunch of item mall items.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:37 am 

Love trading? love robbing people who trade? Love defending traders and hunting down theives/pirates? Would you like to do all these activities on land as well as on the ocean?....Love faction wars?...The ability to fly?...Love reaching level cap in less than a week?...Plus all the crafting, farming, mining materials to make your own powerful gear and weapons? (no special drops, you make your own "SOSun")...Play Archeage...Its basically SROx1000....

I can't see SRO veterans going back to SRO in any significant numbers ever again after so many years of playing it...Whether private server or not... There are too many new gaming options out right now... But if you want something that can bring back that old SRO feeling but with a new twist you might as well play Archeage...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:14 am 
Elite Member

DarkJackal wrote:

I love how the bot is the source of the problem mentality persists, even after so many years. Bots were never the problem, people using hordes of them to sell gold occupying virtual resources were. This game is not playable without bots, unless you enjoy being 6x and getting 1 shotted by everything in the universe.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:04 pm 
Valued Member

BuDo wrote:
Love trading? love robbing people who trade? Love defending traders and hunting down theives/pirates? Would you like to do all these activities on land as well as on the ocean?....Love faction wars?...The ability to fly?...Love reaching level cap in less than a week?...Plus all the crafting, farming, mining materials to make your own powerful gear and weapons? (no special drops, you make your own "SOSun")...Play Archeage...Its basically SROx1000....

I can't see SRO veterans going back to SRO in any significant numbers ever again after so many years of playing it...Whether private server or not... There are too many new gaming options out right now... But if you want something that can bring back that old SRO feeling but with a new twist you might as well play Archeage...

Assasin - Archer/Force - 120 - Ninjitsu

"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends"

"Adversity does teach who your real friends are"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:43 am 
Forum God

ill look into it

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 pm 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

I love how the bot is the source of the problem mentality persists, even after so many years. Bots were never the problem, people using hordes of them to sell gold occupying virtual resources were. This game is not playable without bots, unless you enjoy being 6x and getting 1 shotted by everything in the universe.

People using hordes of what?

Bots.

No bot, no hordes.

It's not a mentality, the game was fun, bots flooded in, then it wasn't. The only reason it's not playable without a bot now is because bots made it that way >.>.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:46 pm 
Elite Member

So you you don't see the months required of grind to reach cap as a problem, correct ? That's ... yeah.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:23 pm 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
So you you don't see the months required of grind to reach cap as a problem, correct ? That's ... yeah.

I didn't see it as a problem when I did it multiple times. I would have kept going if the bots weren't everywhere. I think high levels are supposed to take time and be worked for, giving those who put the time and effort into it something to show for it. 120(or w/e it is now) is more time consuming i'm sure, but I know just because its hard and takes long doesn't mean a bot is required or that its ok to do it.

I do see a problem with seeing hundreds of bots running around when I log into a game or going to a spot to kill stuff and the entire area filled with other kinds of bots. Also with people buying gold from the bots and getting their botted characters geared with the best items.

I'll take a long time without bots over quick with them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:27 am 
Elite Member

If you spend months grinding anything, you're a loser, there is no way around it. You are wasting away in front of a keyboard, grinding for months is no shape/way/form a stimulating activity when doing it for such an extended period of time.

To put it simply, this game at this point has a inherent problem that normal players can't or shouldn't overcome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:24 pm 
Forum God

There's a few types of mmo this is a grinder ie the cap is supposed to be hard it's similar to eve in that manor time invested means greater reward. If you call him a loser for playing the game as intended then I'd argue your the loser for playing the wrong type of game for you

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:41 am 
Elite Member

Love wrote:
If you spend months grinding anything, you're a loser, there is no way around it. You are wasting away in front of a keyboard, grinding for months is no shape/way/form a stimulating activity when doing it for such an extended period of time.

To put it simply, this game at this point has a inherent problem that normal players can't or shouldn't overcome.

Yes, "you're a loser, you have no life, I don't have time" etc.

Do you just want it handed to you? It wasn't hard to grind a couple hours with ticket, then go pvp or something. And with actual people out there you can talk and make friends or some pk might happen or w/e. With bots its a crowded ks fest with no one really around.

I don't have experience with 100+ cap Sro, but I can admit the exp was getting out of hand at the 90 cap, probably 70-80 even. I think there was a point at which the exp should have just stopped increasing per lvl. But also this is speaking from a Chinese char to 80+, It's easier then it was with the partying and probably w/e has been added since then. Point still stands though, just because it's hard doesn't mean its ok to cheat or that you're entitled to it lol.

When I play a game I wanna see a high lvl character with awesome items and think I can get that too if I go lvl up and farm. That just can't happen in Sro. I'm not gonna lvl up a char and find as much money or full sun + whatever or find anything to sell and make enough to compete with the ones buying billions of gold from bots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:40 pm 

Arguing personal preference is like arguing with a wall...Wont get anywhere...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 am 
Common Member

Just saw this and now I'm coming back to play it. You just have to hope the same for other people who played in the past I guess. I come by these forums every once in a while to check what's going on and this was severely rewarding! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:13 am 
Common Member

I logd on my dude recently. Srilkroad feels so weird now ahaha.
Seems my highest acc is on sro R though :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:34 am 
Casual Member

DarkJackal wrote:
Love wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

People using hordes of what?

Bots.

No bot, no hordes.

It's not a mentality, the game was fun, bots flooded in, then it wasn't. The only reason it's not playable without a bot now is because bots made it that way >.>.

You want no bots.. come play GreenRoad with us..
Exp x1
Gold x1
Party x1
Drop x1
Sox x1
Alchemy x1
Towns / Area Jangan, Downhang, Hotan, Dw Cave,
CTF For events
BA No
Fortress For Events
Ip Limit 3
Botting Not allowed

http://greenroad-online.eu/home

We are all Legits.. we are a small comunity but on the weekends we get about 50 to 60 active people.. its growing.. we just need more legits to join...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:22 pm 
Advanced Member

Love wrote:

Look at it this way, if there were no bots then everyone would be nearly the same level other than some people playing more than others. And I don't see it as a problem because that is what the type of game silkroad is, a grinder. I completely agree with DarkJackal

I dare you to beat my brute!! http://malucodocrl.mybrute.com

Locar_ @ Azteca lvl 76 wiz (hope ur happy tasdik)