Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need help making gold!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I'm pretty new to the game and with the help of getting free taxis, my first character made it to level 76. I knew that I get my 9th degree weapon at level 76 so I went to the NPC that usually gives me my weapons, gear etc. and it said that my level was too high to receive help from them. So I went to the weapon NPC and my next weapon was like 5,000,000 gold! I only had like 15,000 from just picking up random piles of gold off the ground that I've seen laying around. I went and hunted some Niya Snipers for like 20 minutes and got pretty bored, and after that I only made like 10,000 gold. How the heck am I supposed to make five million? Can someone give me some tips?

Post subject: Re: Need help making gold!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:32 am 

You can get a 9D Sun Weapon from Forgotten World. Maybe you have noticed some red pillars popping up in grinding areas. If you open them, some rabbits will appear (pretty strong). Kill them and you get so-called Dimension Holes. These have different grades ranging from 1* to 4*.

You need to open a Dimension Hole inside town so a teleporter will appear and you can enter the dungeon. You will get to 2 boxes after killing several mobs. The boxes (and the last boss) have a chance to drop talismans. Once you have collected all 8 different talisman, the NPC gives you Sun Weapon 9D. Make sure to take the quest for it (somewhere in Hotan I think).

As Wizzard or Rogue I recommend you to go into 4* - the hardest difficulty. You won't be able to solo it but you can use Invisible skills and walk to the first box. If it drops cards, you will get 4 cards at once.

If not, 1* can be soloed too.

Which SRO version are you playing? international SRO or SRO-R?
To make some gold, pick a job and collect Speciality Boxes. Go for target trades and sell the rewards to players. You can make gold from Forgotten World too. Keep doing it and collect talismans. The last two ones sell for some good amount of gold probably.

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:36 pm 
Elite Member

Valkyria wrote:
You can get a 9D Sun Weapon from Forgotten World. Maybe you have noticed some red pillars popping up in grinding areas. If you open them, some rabbits will appear (pretty strong). Kill them and you get so-called Dimension Holes. These have different grades ranging from 1* to 4*.

You need to open a Dimension Hole inside town so a teleporter will appear and you can enter the dungeon. You will get to 2 boxes after killing several mobs. The boxes (and the last boss) have a chance to drop talismans. Once you have collected all 8 different talisman, the NPC gives you Sun Weapon 9D. Make sure to take the quest for it (somewhere in Hotan I think).

As Wizzard or Rogue I recommend you to go into 4* - the hardest difficulty. You won't be able to solo it but you can use Invisible skills and walk to the first box. If it drops cards, you will get 4 cards at once.

If not, 1* can be soloed too.

Which SRO version are you playing? international SRO or SRO-R?
To make some gold, pick a job and collect Speciality Boxes. Go for target trades and sell the rewards to players. You can make gold from Forgotten World too. Keep doing it and collect talismans. The last two ones sell for some good amount of gold probably.

This!

It's the perfect explanation of how to earn gold in Silkroad these days. At least for the levels just after reaching 70 (which is where mobs will start dropping gold and items).

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:01 am 
Loyal Member

I haven't been here for a very long time. And I haven't played Isro for a very long time too. Are you saying low level mobs do not drop gold now?

Please click and help me with my little game. Don't worry it's not a link to a virus filled site or anything harmful. It's just like those links to help a little dragon grow thingie.

http://s4.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=184584

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:46 am 
Elite Member

mahumps wrote:
I haven't been here for a very long time. And I haven't played Isro for a very long time too. Are you saying low level mobs do not drop gold now?

That's true. To fight goldbots, Joymax "re-invented" their system, so that from 1-70 you won't drop items and gold from monsters. Instead, monsters drop tokens, which can be used to buy som/sun gear up till 8D, which cannot be exchanged (of course).

Also, since you get no gold, potions, arrows etc. is given for free till level 70, and so is sos gear up till 8D.

The system works great, actually. And being able to acquire sun from the NPC for tokens up till 8D makes the first levels way faster.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 pm 

In the words of one of iSRO's more famed scalawags/imp, bot-the-shit-out-of-it!...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

just go ahead and go to the last spot u thought u could find gold and stop being so gredious :p.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm 
Loyal Member

ltsune wrote:
mahumps wrote:

That's true. To fight goldbots, Joymax "re-invented" their system, so that from 1-70 you won't drop items and gold from monsters. Instead, monsters drop tokens, which can be used to buy som/sun gear up till 8D, which cannot be exchanged (of course).

Also, since you get no gold, potions, arrows etc. is given for free till level 70, and so is sos gear up till 8D.

The system works great, actually. And being able to acquire sun from the NPC for tokens up till 8D makes the first levels way faster.

I tried playing last year. The difficulty I had was after the free stuff, it's hard to buy potions and stuff at the higher level. So I made a new char and from level 66 I hunt 72 mobs to get gold early.

Please click and help me with my little game. Don't worry it's not a link to a virus filled site or anything harmful. It's just like those links to help a little dragon grow thingie.

http://s4.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=184584

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:44 pm 
Elite Member

mahumps wrote:
ltsune wrote:
mahumps wrote:

I tried playing last year. The difficulty I had was after the free stuff, it's hard to buy potions and stuff at the higher level. So I made a new char and from level 66 I hunt 72 mobs to get gold early.

Yeah, that's true. It's a bit more difficult, but as you said, you just have to grind at mobs 70+ as early as you can :)