Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's new? Is anyone still playing?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:01 pm 

It has been a long time since my last post here (February 2013, so more than 3.5 years ago) and I probably also haven't played since then or even longer.

For those of you who still remember me after all this time, i used to play on TSRO until all the foreign people got IP banned. After that I was part of the legit movement on Azteca in the Avalon legit union as one of the guild leaders. I think my IGN back then was on Berethor and I was leading the guild Armathyx or Divinity. However eventually this legit community also died down, mainly due to internal drama and people quitting left and right because of that (or maybe they just got bored of the game). I have also played on KSRO for some time, however I am not entirely sure if that was before or after the legit movement on Azteca. I think that I also tried SRO-R and various private servers back then, but that was also rather disappointing. So eventually I ended up quitting the game altogether and I don't regret it at all. But recently I was wondering, what happened to the game during all this time. Are there any noteworthy new features of the game and what is the current lv. cap (both on ISRO and foreign versions)?

Apparently at least on the international version the servers are still as crowded as ever and I would assume that most of the players there are still bots. So it's probably not worth trying, unless there is a major legit communiy somewhere, but i really doubt that. I was also wondering, if there are any active legit communities on foreign versions of SRO, e.g. KSRO or CSRO.

And last but not least I was wondering if some of the old folks from TSRO, Azteca or KSRO are still lurking around here. I have already seen some of the familiar faces like Valkyria and ltsune, but apart from that most of the old people seem to be gone forever (or maybe i just don't recognize their names here on the forum). I don't think I am going to play SRO again, but I guess it would be nice to get into contact with some of the people from back then.

Post subject: Re: What's new? Is anyone still playing?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:30 pm 

Damn, long time no see mate. It's good to see you back. One of a few real legits I met during my time in SRO. As you probably noticed, I'm still playing this game. Mainly on japanese SRO since about 1.5 years now. Wish I would have played there earlier. :) Best SRO experience for me so far.

Quote:
Are there any noteworthy new features of the game and what is the current lv. cap (both on ISRO and foreign versions)?

The game got more and more pay2win. However there are some nice features too. My favorite one probably is Survival Arena. It's similar to BA but for 4vs4. Too bad I never was able to play it. Current Cap is 130 with 15 degree.

Quote:
Apparently at least on the international version the servers are still as crowded as ever and I would assume that most of the players there are still bots. So it's probably not worth trying, unless there is a major legit communiy somewhere, but i really doubt that. I was also wondering, if there are any active legit communities on foreign versions of SRO, e.g. KSRO or CSRO.

Forget isro - bots everywhere. In some comments a character that is not part of a goldbot party was considered "legit" by isro players. That's ridiculous. I don't know of any legit movement.

I'm the only foreigner in jsro together with some friends that play occassionally. Majority of players probably playing private servers but they usually die in less than a month. People like to do server hopping. I don't understand.

If you are up for anything, let me know. Some of us think about making our dream pserver but none of us can code...

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:23 pm 

Valkyria wrote:
Damn, long time no see mate. It's good to see you back. One of a few real legits I met during my time in SRO. As you probably noticed, I'm still playing this game. Mainly on japanese SRO since about 1.5 years now. Wish I would have played there earlier. :) Best SRO experience for me so far.

Oh, so JSRO is a thing now? Back when i was still playing i remember everyone saying that it is impossible to even log in there as a foreigner. And even if you manage to get on the server somehow, you would get banned almost instantly. But apparently that's not the case for you.

Quote:
The game got more and more pay2win. However there are some nice features too. My favorite one probably is Survival Arena. It's similar to BA but for 4vs4. Too bad I never was able to play it. Current Cap is 130 with 15 degree.

130 cap with D15 seems really ridiculous. Did they at least increase the EXP rates (or decrease the EXP requirements for leveling up) for lower levels so that you can reach the higher levels faster? And then around Lv.110 or 120 it goes back to the "usual" rates. I think they are doing something similar to that in WoW. There I managed to get Lv.90+ in less than 1 month and the current Lv. cap with the Legion expansion is 110. However i think it still takes quite a bit of time to level from 100 to 110 at the moment. I think with each new expansion they simply decrease the EXP requirements for the previous Lv. caps (which does make sense). So, did they include something similar in SRO?

Also are there any PvE activities that require multiple parties working together (between 15 and 40 people) similar to Raids in WoW? I remember that there was Forgotten World, but that's more like a dungeon in WoW, i.e. a single party of 8 people at maximum.

Quote:
Forget isro - bots everywhere. In some comments a character that is not part of a goldbot party was considered "legit" by isro players. That's ridiculous. I don't know of any legit movement.

Hm, just as i thought. It would have been really unexpected if things would have changed after all this time. Maybe if another publisher would have picked up SRO, who actually cares about the game. Wasn't there also a project for a new version of SRO under a different publisher? I remember that there rumours about it, when i still played, but i haven't heard anything about it. So it probably wasn't very succesful. I found some ingame videos on Youtube and also a forum about it (http://www.sro2forums.com/), but the link to the Official Silkroad2 Website is unfortunately dead. Honestly the videos didn't look particularly exciting, so it wouldn't surprise me, if they just shut it down again since nobody played it. ;)

Quote:
I'm the only foreigner in jsro together with some friends that play occassionally. Majority of players probably playing private servers but they usually die in less than a month. People like to do server hopping. I don't understand.

So, how many of you are playing JSRO right now? Do you have a full party of "foreigners" or do you mainly just party with Japanese? Are there any party activities at lower levels or is the server basically dead until lv.110 or even 120? And how do you get along with the Japanese people and how do you communicate with them? Do most of them understand english or did you actually learn Japanese?

Quote:
If you are up for anything, let me know. Some of us think about making our dream pserver but none of us can code...

Nope, I currently don't really have any plans. I am mainly playing Hearthstone nowadays and make it to rank 5 consistently every season with 2 Legend finishes so far. I could have more, but most of the time I don't really feel like going hardcore most of the time. This last month I have been trying WoW after I haven't played any MMORPG's for several years and it was a rather interesting experience, but I am not even sure if I will keep going with it. In the end it reminded me of SRO and the "good old times". So that's the reason why I am here now. :)

As I said I don't really have intentions of playing SRO again, I just wanted to see if some of the people from back then are still lurking around here.

As for the coding, I am familiar with scientific programming in Python and Fortran, but I am not sure if that would be useful for maintaining a private server. I honestly wouldn't even know, how to host it and then you also need to invest into hacking and DDOS protection, which isn't that cheap either. Otherwise the server wouldn't last very long.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:39 pm 

Quote:
Oh, so JSRO is a thing now? Back when i was still playing i remember everyone saying that it is impossible to even log in there as a foreigner. And even if you manage to get on the server somehow, you would get banned almost instantly. But apparently that's not the case for you.

JSRO rarely sees foreigners and that has it's reason. I don't want to get into details here.

Quote:
So, did they include something similar in SRO?

No. EXP rate always 1x. The only thing that boosts your EXP is events and EXP tickets. In jsro they give out 1000% helpers on regular basis but it still takes a lot of time and good PTs to level up as a handgrinder - especially in the higher levels.

Quote:
Also are there any PvE activities that require multiple parties working together (between 15 and 40 people) similar to Raids in WoW?

There just are different dungeons that require up to 1 PT similar to FGW. Jupiter Temple dungeons and Baghdad Dungeon. Besides that, they implemented some system that you can unite up to 4 PTs but it's not really useful. I've only seen it during Fortress War in some videos.

Quote:
So, how many of you are playing JSRO right now? Do you have a full party of "foreigners" or do you mainly just party with Japanese? Are there any party activities at lower levels or is the server basically dead until lv.110 or even 120? And how do you get along with the Japanese people and how do you communicate with them? Do most of them understand english or did you actually learn Japanese?

I'm the only one playing from here. I'm ususally PTing with japanese players. Majority is not speaking english, I learned some basic phrases during my stay. Low level areas are dead even though I've seen some regular Penon PT about a month ago that reached chasers now. You will find PTs from B5 raids and Alexandria area in jsro. It is the version with most skilled players and very polite environment. They are more skilled in any aspect of the game, no matter if PvE or PvP. Nobody (from isro etc.) can compete with them.

PS: Sent you a PM, if you have skype we can chat. :)

「Silkroad Videos」

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am 
Frequent Member

Supp guys. Guardia here. Yeah, the Bard. It's been 8 years since my battle bard vid got on youtube. Good old memories in Venus.

How are u guys doing? I have two kids now. No time for serious gaming anymore.

https://youtu.be/r-wSyhFInrw

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:09 pm 
Elite Member

Just popping in here.

Super good to see you again, Kronos :) (and Guardia too)

For some reason, I keep getting dragged back to this game, and I'm currently playing with a full guild of legits on Silkroad-R Ehpesus, which is a new EU-based server they started recently.

It's currently the only official Silkroad version with a cap of only 90. It's still just as much pay-to-win as any of the other servers, but at least the cap isn't 140 or something ridiculous :)

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!